Weekend 27/28 Sep - Other Games

Batman

We may have underrated West Brom? At the time I thought we were awful when we played them. Spurs fans and journos said they were also woeful against the Baggies in their 1 nil home defeat. Its the 'off day' argument that we've become accustomed to every time we turn someone over. They could have something going for them.

We may have underrated West Brom? At the time I thought we were awful when we played them. Spurs fans and journos said they were also woeful against the Baggies in their 1 nil home defeat. Its the 'off day' argument that we've become accustomed to every time we turn someone over. They could have something going for them.

Maybe they should be included in the "clubs with a plan" bracket? The much quoted QPR fan wrote:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/36364/

"In the end, it seems that the British football press and pundits have, not for the first time, overlooked the value of a long term plan and strategy. Once you get below the big six or seven clubs in this country it's the clubs investing in youth development, European scouting and training facilities, with aims and targets set years in the future, rather than weeks, that are doing well. You can tell these clubs – Swansea, Southampton, West Brom until recently – a mile away because they're the ones who make apparently leftfield managerial appointments like Michael Laudrup, Mauricio Pochettino and Ronald Koeman rather than rushing to throw money at the latest loud-mouthed flavour of the month i.e. Tim Sherwood."

Maybe he should delete "until recently" after West Brom...

Some mug on Twitter is not happy. Saying that Newcastle are one of England's great clubs and are a huge club to boot and should be top 6 minimum.

Does anyone here think that about them?

They are a big club but they're another one of those with a sense of entitlement who think they should be in the top 6 and probably top 4. The reality is apart from their purple patch in 90s theyve done nothing for 40 odd years. at the moment they aren't very good are one of a number of clubs who could easily be sucked into a relegation battle.

Some mug on Twitter is not happy. Saying that Newcastle are one of England's great clubs and are a huge club to boot and should be top 6 minimum.

Does anyone here think that about them?

I remember poopey fans saying that to me, only I think with them it was top 4 minimum :-)