Morgan upon reflection

SaintRichmond

Although it's factually incorrect of course, Morgan was 18 and a half when he came here and I thought his nickname was Momo. That's what his Strasbourg team mates called him anyway. Bobo is what children call any sort of small injury or pain.

Anyway if you fancy your chance with "La langue de Molière" it's in here somewhere.

http://www.francebleu.fr/sports/tribune-100-ducrocq/tribuneducrocq-1

Starts at about 42 minutes I think

Thanks for the corrections. I was recalling from memory overnight and my age confusion came from when the connection broke.. Obviously when one is called Morgan the nickname will be MO or MOMO. However I'm still sure the presenter addresses him as BOBO but others in the studio shouted Momo.

what a top bloke Morgan appears to be.....some of our departed (but not lamented) players could well learn a thing about how to conduct themselves.

Really hope Morgan means what he says - interesting bit in that is 'fulfil ambitions with Saints'. I.e. been told we are looking to get into Europe and aiming for CL (however unrealistic that may/may not be). Although I'm probably reading way too much into that.

Edited by washsaint

The definition in the dictionary of BOBO is " Le terme bobo, contraction de bourgeois-bohème, est une expression désignant des personnes relativement aisées, dont les valeurs se situent à gauche. À partir de cette définition générale, différents attributs peuvent être ajoutés à l'archétype du bobo : urbain, écologiste, idéaliste, hypocrite, etc.

Il prend cependant une valeur plutôt péjorative comme dans la chanson de Renaud Les Bobos, désignant un type de conformisme : des personnes aisées, parisiennes et parisianistes, bien pensantes, de sympathies allant plutôt à la gauche écologiste et ayant de l'affection pour la figure du révolté

The definition in the dictionary of BOBO is' The term bobo, bourgeois-bohemian contraction is a term for relatively wealthy people, whose values ​​are to the left. From this general definition, different attributes can be added to the archetype of bobo: urban ecologist, idealistic, hypocritical, etc.

However, it takes a value rather pejorative as in the song of The Bobos by Renaud, denoting a type of conformism: wealthy people, Parisian and parisianistes, well-meaning, rather than sympathy from the left environmentalists and having affection for the figure of the rebel

Edited by ART

The definition in the dictionary of BOBO is " Le terme bobo, contraction de bourgeois-bohème, est une expression désignant des personnes relativement aisées, dont les valeurs se situent à gauche. À partir de cette définition générale, différents attributs peuvent être ajoutés à l'archétype du bobo : urbain, écologiste, idéaliste, hypocrite, etc.

Il prend cependant une valeur plutôt péjorative comme dans la chanson de Renaud Les Bobos, désignant un type de conformisme : des personnes aisées, parisiennes et parisianistes, bien pensantes, de sympathies allant plutôt à la gauche écologiste et ayant de l'affection pour la figure du révolté

The definition in the dictionary of BOBO is' The term bobo, bourgeois-bohemian contraction is a term for relatively wealthy people, whose values ​​are to the left. From this general definition, different attributes can be added to the archetype of bobo: urban ecologist, idealistic, hypocritical, etc.

However, it takes a value rather pejorative as in the song of The Bobos by Renaud, denoting a type of conformism: wealthy people, Parisian and parisianistes, well-meaning, rather than sympathy from the left environmentalists and having affection for the figure of the rebel

But then we could venture into an alternative analysis of Allo Maman Bobo by Alain Souchon and come to the conclusion that it's exactly what children call any form of injury or pain as I said.:rolleyes:

But then we could venture into an alternative analysis of Allo Maman Bobo by Alain Souchon and come to the conclusion that it's exactly what children call any form of injury or pain as I said.:rolleyes:

I prefer the interpretation of Renaud and Raymond Barre.

For those interested I came across Morgan's Tumblr site which has some great photos.

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/morgan-schneiderlin

what a top bloke Morgan appears to be.....some of our departed (but not lamented) players could well learn a thing about how to conduct themselves.

Really? The only difference between Morgan and Lallana is that when Lallana got a sulk on, we let him go, so he came across as a ****. Whereas with Morgan we stood firm and forced him to backtrack. If they had let Morgan go when he had his little outburst we'd all think he was a **** too.

Really? The only difference between Morgan and Lallana is that when Lallana got a sulk on, we let him go, so he came across as a ****. Whereas with Morgan we stood firm and forced him to backtrack. If they had let Morgan go when he had his little outburst we'd all think he was a **** too.

Plus his interview confirms that even the senior players all thought the club was in meltdown this summer let alone the fans.

Plus his interview confirms that even the senior players all thought the club was in meltdown this summer let alone the fans.

The senior players deciding they wanted to leave en masse when Cortese went and they didn't get mollycoddled by the new regime was the cause of the "meltdown", nothing else.

You can tell that by Lambert's outdated comments about the board that came out at the start of the season, he was the first to go and would have seen less of the new regime than anyone, but even by the start of the season when the comments came out the perception of the situation had significantly changed from the rumoured "everyone's off and they can't stop us".

The senior players deciding they wanted to leave en masse when Cortese went and they didn't get mollycoddled by the new regime was the cause of the "meltdown", nothing else.

You can tell that by Lambert's outdated comments about the board that came out at the start of the season, he was the first to go and would have seen less of the new regime than anyone, but even by the start of the season when the comments came out the perception of the situation had significantly changed from the rumoured "everyone's off and they can't stop us".

Yet certain posters say they knew all along everything was going to be fine with the new board, then how come the players didn't?

Yet certain posters say they knew all along everything was going to be fine with the new board, then how come the players didn't?

Being a fan is not a choice. being a player for the club is. Whatever their beliefs or motivations, you simply cannot compare the sentiments of a fan to those of an employee.

If you are an employee, and get a sniff of something not quite right and have offers for a new job with a ton more cash....It's a no brainer, and faith is promptly defenestrated.

As a fan, you are more likely to suck it and see as you really have no other choice.

Edited by Ohio Saint

Being a fan is not a choice. being a player for the club is. Whatever their beliefs or motivations, you simply cannot compare the sentiments of a fan to those of an employee.

If you are an employee, and get a sniff of something not quite right and have offers for a new job with a ton more cash....It's a no brainer, and faith is promptly defenestrated.

As a fan, you are more likely to suck it and see as you really have no other choice.

My point is that if the players were bedwetting then how can people on here blame other posters for bedwetting!?!

Seeing as St Richmond, Professor and St George stopped the club selling Morgan by writing something on Saintsweb it makes you wonder why this intrepid trio didn't act earlier in the summer.

It's there fault, through their lack of action, that we sold our stars and lost our manager.

We now know who to blame.

This is of course true, although I for one am glad they decided to speak out on here. Along with Franks cousin and his insistence that we should not accept mediocrity I'm grateful that they acted and posted about it otherwise who knows what state we might be in?