AGM is getting lairy!!!

exit2

Whatever.

If driving up to matches from Cardiff home and away is letting the club down then I must be a right bastard.

If you read my post I think you'll find my stance was anything but supportive of Lowe.

Fantasist my arse

a BP boy called a Fantasist , whatever that is ?

This is a royal Cluster-Fu¢k, hopefully we don't have to keep taking sides in this negative soap opera and soon both 'sides' will be gone. Quite honestly who gives a rats a$$ who is right or wrong, let's face neither camp could organize a p!ss-up in a brewery...A new broom will sweep clean!!

I see from a cursory glance at a couple of pages that some of the events of the meeting have already been covered. All in all, it was the most volatile AGM I have ever attended. Most Chairmen of a PLC faced with such hostility at their AGM would have the decency to resign, but in Lowe we are not talking about an individual who is guided by a code of decency or indeed honour.

We are talking about a Chairman who somehow feels it appropriate to read out an anonymous letter (for Christ's sake!) that sang his praises and massaged his already giant ego. What was the relevance? Was he perhaps using it as a guage of the meeting's demeanour? Well, if he was, then he got his answer very early on, as many saw what a crass little exercise it was.

When the meeting was thrown open to the floor following his attempts to pursuade us that his return was part of his mission involving great personal sacrifice purely because of his deep love for the club :smt078 and his desire to right the financial mess that the two years of his absence had inflicted on the club, we got down to the nitty gritty.

Thankfully, one of the early questions was asked by Duncan Holley, who set the tone admirably and let Lowe know that he was in for a rough passage when it was cheered by most. Lowe had asserted that the Academy was set up by him shortly after he had arrived and Duncan had shot him down in flames over that and other matters.

One of the first questions (more a statement really) had been made by a guy who had contributed a similar statement at last year's AGM too. He proceeded to give Lowe a fulsome verbal arse-licking, to the derision from most. I concluded that we had thus identified the writer of the anonymous letter, which was written in an uncannily similar vein. More of this guy later.

Leon Crouch had also made a long and damning speech attempting to correct some statements from Lowe which had heaped the blame on Crouch's shoulders. Crouch had poured doubt on whether he was the culprit on grounds that he either wasn't on the board at that time, or that some decisions had been forced on him by the Executive directors or the Financial Director David Jones acting with them. I had listened to Jones' account of how he had acted on Lowe's board, been asked to carry on for the sake of unity with Wilde's board. He came across as having acted reasonably and I would have voted for him to remain on the board until both Crouch and Mary Corbett had been very critical on his inability to get the board to rein in costs and accusations that he had leaked inside information about board decisions to Lowe and his former bedmates.

There was a very good contribution from a rather dapper and eloquent chap who quoted the wisdom of a former boss of his, John Lewis of the Department store and Waitrose fame, he having been a manager in that group. Undoubtedly it will have fallen on deaf ears, (even though he repeated it for effect), as did all the calls for lowe to resign, as there are none so deaf as those who will not hear. I think if memory serves, the question made by this guy had been directed at Lowe, but probably sensing that it was a difficult one to answer, Lowe got Cowen to field it. Cowen duly obliged with in his usual boring monotonous voice.

Crouch had become increasingly incensed at some of the answers that Lowe had given and several times had heckled him or stood to be offered a chance to respond. Lowe had asked him to sit down, telling him that he had already had a chance to speak and that others should be given a turn. Many had heckled Lowe along lines that as a major shareholder Crouch should be allowed to speak, that he had double the shareholding of Lowe.

In exasperation, Crouch had stormed to the front of the room, stood defiantly in front of the top table and asked any to stand up if they wanted Lowe to resign, whereupon two thirds of the shareholders stood and cheered his belligerance.

Then Lawrie MacMenemy stood and also laid into Lowe in his stentorious tones, dismantling one by one of Lowe's claims about the academy, the dismissal of Pearson, the appointment of Poortvliet amongst other subjects. He concluded that Poortvliet was totally out of his depth here and that we would be relegated if he pursued the same policies.

At the end of the question and answer session at 12, Lawrie's wife asked Lowe why the portrait of her husband holding the FA Cup had been replaced by that painting of the Steam train gifted us by Doncaster Rovers. Lowe's response that there was simply no room for it brought gasps of incredulous amazement from the room. To my mind, just that simple little cameo of a situation whereby probably the most important event in the club's history could be consigned to a lower importance when it came to allocating wall space at the stadium encapsulates the ignorance and arrogance of Lowe.

At the end of that session and before the dull accounts section, Crouch called on all those who thought that there was no point in hearing any more to leave, whereupon half of the audience rose to their feet and headed for the door. Many then congregated in the ante-room to discuss the events of the meeting and would probably have caused a disturbance to the meeting inside by their loud talking.

At that stage, the Lowe Luvvie of whom I spoke earlier emerged and several thought it was a good time to tackle him as to why he was pretty well the only voice supportive of Lowe during the hour long meeting. Ted Sainty, who had attended and asked his own question during the meeting, was interested to hear what his reasons were. Ted had stated that he had supported the Saints for 68 years and was horrified that Lowe had brought us down so low. This guy said that he had also supported the Saints for many years. Not as long as Ted, several of us chimed in. How do you know? asked the guy! Doh! the guy was probably in his 50's :rolleyes: This must be an great example of the Tim Nice But Dim type that supports Lowe.

Discussions continued between many of us as to how we can get rid of Lowe and the other charlatans in the face of their share majority.

That is a matter for debate in another thread.

I must have blinked and missed that. Considering Hiley is the brother of my wife and is coming round for Xmas supper, then maybe he missed it to.;)

Qu'elle surprise.

No answers again then. LMFAO.

75% of all shareholders me up & 50% wage bills.

You haven't got a scooby fella, not a clue.

I wasn't aware Graham had a sister. I know of a brother.

I see from a cursory glance at a couple of pages that some of the events of the meeting have already been covered. All in all, it was the most volatile AGM I have ever attended. Most Chairmen of a PLC faced with such hostility at their AGM would have the decency to resign, but in Lowe we are not talking about an individual who is guided by a code of decency or indeed honour.

We are talking about a Chairman who somehow feels it appropriate to read out an anonymous letter (for Christ's sake!) that sang his praises and massaged his already giant ego. What was the relevance? Was he perhaps using it as a guage of the meeting's demeanour? Well, if he was, then he got his answer very early on, as many saw what a crass little exercise it was.

When the meeting was thrown open to the floor following his attempts to pursuade us that his return was part of his mission involving great personal sacrifice purely because of his deep love for the club :smt078 and his desire to right the financial mess that the two years of his absence had inflicted on the club, we got down to the nitty gritty.

Thankfully, one of the early questions was asked by Duncan Holley, who set the tone admirably and let Lowe know that he was in for a rough passage when it was cheered by most. Lowe had asserted that the Academy was set up by him shortly after he had arrived and Duncan had shot him down in flames over that and other matters.

One of the first questions (more a statement really) had been made by a guy who had contributed a similar statement at last year's AGM too. He proceeded to give Lowe a fulsome verbal arse-licking, to the derision from most. I concluded that we had thus identified the writer of the anonymous letter, which was written in an uncannily similar vein. More of this guy later.

Leon Crouch had also made a long and damning speech attempting to correct some statements from Lowe which had heaped the blame on Crouch's shoulders. Crouch had poured doubt on whether he was the culprit on grounds that he either wasn't on the board at that time, or that some decisions had been forced on him by the Executive directors or the Financial Director David Jones acting with them. I had listened to Jones' account of how he had acted on Lowe's board, been asked to carry on for the sake of unity with Wilde's board. He came across as having acted reasonably and I would have voted for him to remain on the board until both Crouch and Mary Corbett had been very critical on his inability to get the board to rein in costs and accusations that he had leaked inside information about board decisions to Lowe and his former bedmates.

There was a very good contribution from a rather dapper and eloquent chap who quoted the wisdom of a former boss of his, John Lewis of the Department store and Waitrose fame, he having been a manager in that group. Undoubtedly it will have fallen on deaf ears, (even though he repeated it for effect), as did all the calls for lowe to resign, as there are none so deaf as those who will not hear. I think if memory serves, the question made by this guy had been directed at Lowe, but probably sensing that it was a difficult one to answer, Lowe got Cowen to field it. Cowen duly obliged with in his usual boring monotonous voice.

Crouch had become increasingly incensed at some of the answers that Lowe had given and several times had heckled him or stood to be offered a chance to respond. Lowe had asked him to sit down, telling him that he had already had a chance to speak and that others should be given a turn. Many had heckled Lowe along lines that as a major shareholder Crouch should be allowed to speak, that he had double the shareholding of Lowe.

In exasperation, Crouch had stormed to the front of the room, stood defiantly in front of the top table and asked any to stand up if they wanted Lowe to resign, whereupon two thirds of the shareholders stood and cheered his belligerance.

Then Lawrie MacMenemy stood and also laid into Lowe in his stentorious tones, dismantling one by one of Lowe's claims about the academy, the dismissal of Pearson, the appointment of Poortvliet amongst other subjects. He concluded that Poortvliet was totally out of his depth here and that we would be relegated if he pursued the same policies.

At the end of the question and answer session at 12, Lawrie's wife asked Lowe why the portrait of her husband holding the FA Cup had been replaced by that painting of the Steam train gifted us by Doncaster Rovers. Lowe's response that there was simply no room for it brought gasps of incredulous amazement from the room. To my mind, just that simple little cameo of a situation whereby probably the most important event in the club's history could be consigned to a lower importance when it came to allocating wall space at the stadium encapsulates the ignorance and arrogance of Lowe.

At the end of that session and before the dull accounts section, Crouch called on all those who thought that there was no point in hearing any more to leave, whereupon half of the audience rose to their feet and headed for the door. Many then congregated in the ante-room to discuss the events of the meeting and would probably have caused a disturbance to the meeting inside by their loud talking.

At that stage, the Lowe Luvvie of whom I spoke earlier emerged and several thought it was a good time to tackle him as to why he was pretty well the only voice supportive of Lowe during the hour long meeting. Ted Sainty, who had attended and asked his own question during the meeting, was interested to hear what his reasons were. Ted had stated that he had supported the Saints for 68 years and was horrified that Lowe had brought us down so low. This guy said that he had also supported the Saints for many years. Not as long as Ted, several of us chimed in. How do you know? asked the guy! Doh! the guy was probably in his 50's :rolleyes: This must be an great example of the Tim Nice But Dim type that supports Lowe.

Discussions continued between many of us as to how we can get rid of Lowe and the other charlatans in the face of their share majority.

Now that is a report of events. Thanks Wes.

I wasn't aware Graham had a sister. I know of a brother.

I don't have a scooby if he's got a brother or a sister, and I'm not married to anyone!!!!!!

It was just a throwaway line to wind up the idiot that is Up and Away.

(I'm sure Graham won't mind me taken his non existent sister in vain!!!)

Very good summary Wes, I was heartbroken to see someone like Ted who has supported the club for many years really choked today. I was with my friend Cliff who has also supported the club for many years and have never seen him so upset before.

Excellent post Wes and i think it shows to those who are happy with Lowe coming back just what they have got. The fact we took down the FA cup photo of the 76 team to put up a picture of a train from Doncaster speaks volumes about Lowe and his agenda. As someone said it is surprising he did not put a photo of himself there instead.

As i said earlier it has become very clear to me now Lowe has made every mistake possible and uses the financial situation to hide that fact, to make anyone who questions his decisions seem out of order.

The general census i felt was Crouch and LM came out with so much respect and Lowe has taken himself down to the lowest possible level. It is no longer about his aims for this club in terms of getting us through our situation but about how much he can sell and how much he can sabotage. Make no mistake about it come May every quote he and Jan said will come back to haunt them.

Thanks for the summary Wes. Without wanting to be melodramatic it's incredible to see the real depths that this once proud club has declined to. It's amazing what one self-indulgement divisive character can do. How anyone can even contemplate defending his actions is beyond most reasonable people of that I'm sure.

Sentiments seconded. It's a sad state of affairs. I'd be very interested to find out whether what Crouch said is true. If it is, maybe I didn't give him his dues..

I came away with exactly the same feelings, as you probably gathered from my summary. I felt a mix of emotions concurrently, angry, helpless, indignant, patronised.

As is often the case when debating as to who did what to whom within our club, one gets little snippets from time to time that put matters into a different perspective. For all that Crouch's indignation could make him look like a impetuous idiot unable to contain his emotions, the impression given was also that he was not about to have history rewritten and blame heaped onto his shoulders for events that he was not responsible for. Who amongst us would tolerate that? The same could be said for Mary Corbett.

Ultimately, it comes down to who you believe and knowing how passionate Mary and Leon are for the club and having had dealings also with Lowe, I am inclined to believe their word over his. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Take the matter of Pearson's wages which Lowe said at the meeting were far above what we could afford. Mary said if I heard correctly that he was on about £170,000, which I do not think was excessive for him. She said that even having left the club, she has spoken to him since and he still has affection for us and was sad that events meant that he could not continue here. So much for Lowe's assertion that he had been invited to put his hat in the ring and had declined. I find it difficult to believe Lowe's insinuation that the wages of Poortvliet, Wotte and that other Dutch coach would have been less than Pearson's wage and even if they were, so what? Conclusion? Lowe dismissed Pearson out of spite to Crouch and couldn't wait to attempt the plan he coveted earlier to dabble with going with the youngsters, playing the 4-3-3 style of football that Lowe claims they had been brought up on in the academy and which his lower division Dutch manager was a proponent of.

It is sad that the club has had to suffer the petty bickerings and clashing egos of those running it. The fans have mostly made up their minds as to the main culprits and reached the same conclusion that the shareholders have. We cannot make progress in the face of such massive divisions and that the main culprits are Lowe and Wilde.

I came away with exactly the same feelings, as you probably gathered from my summary. I felt a mix of emotions concurrently, angry, helpless, indignant, patronised.

As is often the case when debating as to who did what to whom within our club, one gets little snippets from time to time that put matters into a different perspective. For all that Crouch's indignation could make him look like a impetuous idiot unable to contain his emotions, the impression given was also that he was not about to have history rewritten and blame heaped onto his shoulders for events that he was not responsible for. Who amongst us would tolerate that? The same could be said for Mary Corbett.

Ultimately, it comes down to who you believe and knowing how passionate Mary and Leon are for the club and having had dealings also with Lowe, I am inclined to believe their word over his. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Take the matter of Pearson's wages which Lowe said at the meeting were far above what we could afford. Mary said if I heard correctly that he was on about £170,000, which I do not think was excessive for him. She said that even having left the club, she has spoken to him since and he still has affection for us and was sad that events meant that he could not continue here. So much for Lowe's assertion that he had been invited to put his hat in the ring and had declined. I find it difficult to believe Lowe's insinuation that the wages of Poortvliet, Wotte and that other Dutch coach would have been less than Pearson's wage and even if they were, so what? Conclusion? Lowe dismissed Pearson out of spite to Crouch and couldn't wait to attempt the plan he coveted earlier to dabble with going with the youngsters, playing the 4-3-3 style of football that Lowe claims they had been brought up on in the academy and which his lower division Dutch manager was a proponent of.

It is sad that the club has had to suffer the petty bickerings and clashing egos of those running it. The fans have mostly made up their minds as to the main culprits and reached the same conclusion that the shareholders have. We cannot make progress in the face of such massive divisions and that the main culprits are Lowe and Wilde.

To be honest I have been so angry over the last few years at people gambling with our future that maybe I believed that last seasons idiocy in the off season with the signing of players was down to Crouch. Maybe it was all due to the execs. Which is why I have defended Lowe.

Whilst I liked Pearson as a bloke, because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, I did think that managerially he was limited. Either way, after Saturday's match, which was a joke, I'm starting to believe Pearson could do better.

I don't know what to make of it all to be honest, I don't know if it's a sudden realisation that the club is going down the pot with Lowe at the helm, or whether this behaviour at the AGM is the straw that broke the proverbial, but I am certainly starting to lose all faith in what I previously believed.

I don't know what to make of it all to be honest, I don't know if it's a sudden realisation that the club is going down the pot with Lowe at the helm, or whether this behaviour at the AGM is the straw that broke the proverbial, but I am certainly starting to lose all faith in what I previously believed.

Welcome aboard!!

Those of us with no affiliation to either side have been 'seeing' the real 'ugly' side of SFC for a number of seasons now!!

Welcome aboard!!

Those of us with no affiliation to either side have been 'seeing' the real 'ugly' side of SFC for a number of seasons now!!

I agree entirely. WGS's comments about the dark side (or something like that) spring to mind. WE had so much ... and through someone like Lowe it is being thrown away.

Welcome aboard!!

I've no affiliation, no agenda etc, and I have to say, I don't blame Lowe for everything, and I believe at the moment whoever was in charge would still have issues, and we wouldn't be doing much better, but I don't believe he's the right man for the job.

Where I find myself too

The fact we took down the FA cup photo of the 76 team to put up a picture of a train from Doncaster speaks volumes about Lowe and his agenda. As someone said it is surprising he did not put a photo of himself there instead.

It was a picture of Lawrie holding the FA Cup not the team.

Considering the regard LM and RL have for each other are you suprised that it has been removed.

Petty? Vindictive? Yes to both.

But would not LM do the same thing?

Got to laugh at those calling for Leon to buy shares.

He not buying because he knows administration is 99.99999% certain.

Why waste money buying shares when all he has to do is offer the best terms to the creditors to gain complete control of the club.

Why would he want to give money to the ****s when he can see them losing everything.

Those fearing Lowe would still be in charge after admin. are SO wrong.

1965, I cant believe a fan who could do something to save the club we love will sit back just to buy it on the cheap.

If I was in the situation I wouldnt care if I was buying it from Pol Pot if it meant saving it from administration the potential loss of poiunts and this leagues status.Everyu pound potentially saved would be lost 4 or 5 times by relegation and the investment needed to return.

I cant believe peoples dislike for RL and hope him ;losing money would be at the ezpense of our club.

If we go down I cant see us ever retruning.

If LC is in thep osition to buy MW's shares he should do so. Noone will be able to stop him and he would get a premium.

I know he would then have to buy the rest of the shares but with a value at present of 6-7m it is not beyond him.

From the little I see from today none of them come out of it with any credit.

What a shambles, egos and arrogance from all sides win again.RL has a steely belief he is right and it seems unshakable, I do hope his plans include changing the manager very soon with a good experienced man.

1965, I cant believe a fan who could do something to save the club we love will sit back just to buy it on the cheap.

If I was in the situation I wouldnt care if I was buying it from Pol Pot if it meant saving it from administration the potential loss of poiunts and this leagues status.Everyu pound potentially saved would be lost 4 or 5 times by relegation and the investment needed to return.

I cant believe peoples dislike for RL and hope him ;losing money would be at the ezpense of our club.

If LC is in thep osition to buy MW's shares he should do so. Noone will be able to stop him and he would get a premium.

I know he would then have to buy the rest of the shares but with a value at present of 6-7m it is not beyond him.

What a shambles, egos and arrogance from all sides win again.RL has a steely belief he is right and it seems unshakable, I do hope his plans include changing the manager very soon with a good experienced man.

Maybe Mr Lowe etc won't sell to Mr Crouch, the one man who admits he made a mistake

but then corrected it a.s.a.p. unlike certain other people.

To be honest I have been so angry over the last few years at people gambling with our future that maybe I believed that last seasons idiocy in the off season with the signing of players was down to Crouch. Maybe it was all due to the execs. Which is why I have defended Lowe.

Whilst I liked Pearson as a bloke, because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, I did think that managerially he was limited. Either way, after Saturday's match, which was a joke, I'm starting to believe Pearson could do better.

Welcome aboard, dude. :)

Considering the regard LM and RL have for each other are you suprised that it has been removed.

Possibly, but then the chances of Lowe winning the FA cup are f**k-all, so its a moot question.

Course he would. They all would. This is no more than a giant c*ck fight with our club at the centre of it all.

Didn't Wilde have Lowe's seat in the directors box removed when he took over?

As I said earlier they have all gambled our club's future at some stage or other and all at some time have had good points and bad points and between them all they have to power and the resources to turn our club around and maybe once they've decided who exactly has the biggest d1ck, they can do something about it

Edited by stthrobber

I fear that the first part of what I've highlighted says that the second part won't happen. Lowe appears to have an unshakeable belief in his own judgement, no matter how much the evidence to the contrary mounts up. If anything, this is a trait which has grown stronger over the years. So no, he won't be changing in a hurry.

Lowe out - yes

Adminstration - I'd rather be disembowled with a rusty coathanger. Can people please stop saying this is the answer because it just isn't.

from what i've seen the big problems clubs have had with administration is when HMRC get involved. it seems we're not in debt with the tax man.