AGM is getting lairy!!!

exit2

This such a sad post. There are so many people like this absolutely going out of their mind with worry for their club. The old chap today who broke down in tears when telling Lowe to go, Mary Corbett in floods of tears etc etc. Trouble is we must not give up. Someone earlier mentioned Lowe at least had the guts to stand up to the ire today, unlike Wilde. I understand the sentiments but Lowe's big fault is he just does not know when he is wrong and he won't admit being at fault. Sure he has an element of guts but it stems not from bravery or intelligence more bloody mindedness.

Depressed of Shirley - don't go away forever, keep the faith. Like you I have been tempted to walk away and give up but we owe it to our fathers, uncles, grandfathers and great grandfathers to keep this club alive for the generations ahead of us. Lowe cannot last forever - surely someone soon will tap him on the shoulder and say it is time to go. Today will have bruised his ego - the writing is on the wall if only he would read it.

Lowe was actually asked today to shoulder some blame for the way the club has gone in the last 4-5 years. He wouldnt, or couldnt, its everybody elses fault except his apparently.

Leon Crouch did say he accepted full responsibility for what happened when he was Chairman but he wasnt going to be blamed for what happened when Hone and co were running the club, which I think is more than fair, why should he ?

Lawrie asked Lowe to drop the arrogance and pomposity for an hour or so and stop talking down to the people who were there today, people who unlike him actually knew football and understood what they were watching. Lowe looked at him as if he was talking a foreign language...totally went over his head.......he sure does have thick skin, I will give him that.

As your "leanings" are well known on here are you waiting until someone comes up with an interpretation that you want to hear...rather than either Fact or the Truth
I have not had time to read all the pages and so will do so.

From what I have read so far, RL was arrogant (what a surprise) and blaming others. I agree there is blame to apportion to many not just 1.

I call for the lot to go. Walking out achieved nothing in fact it surprises me that was done.It gave RL the moral high ground and made his job a lot easier.

Get LC to buy the shares of MW and its job done.Im sure he will accept above 25p a share and so LC can then lead us forward,I cant see the problem.LM can buy a big tranche with the money he gained from the sale of shares a few years back and then the picture can be put back where it should be.

Can you see my frustration, we have lots of people talking a good game but they dont come up with the goods.

I have not had time to read all the pages and so will do so.

From what I have read so far, RL was arrogant (what a surprise) and blaming others. I agree there is blame to apportion to many not just 1.

I call for the lot to go. Walking out achieved nothing in fact it surprises me that was done.It gave RL the moral high ground and made his job a lot easier.

Get LC to buy the shares of MW and its job done.Im sure he will accept above 25p a share and so LC can then lead us forward,I cant see the problem.LM can buy a big tranche with the money he gained from the sale of shares a few years back and then the picture can be put back where it should be.

Can you see my frustration, we have lots of people talking a good game but they dont come up with the goods.

but do you think RL OR MW would sell it Crouch?

for me ii is all to personal and as for reading an anoymous letter

Did turncoat Wilde show up?

Yes, there were some Wilde people there. It was just like The Wilde West Show...escecially when Big Richard started sharing some of his fortune with fellow fans not so fortunate as our new benefactor. Mr Chorley was heard to say whilst being restrained by some of The SFC henchmen, "I would like to invest my money in Southampton at the same pace as Paul Allen"

I have heard that Mr Chorley will be detained at Ruperts pleasure...Beware of The Dungeon and all that Leather gear in Ruperts cellar, Richard.

Some say Mr Wilde was there in disguise.

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling as usual keep copying the nick boys

Depressed.........deeply depressed.

Maybe 30,000 + shouting for RL to leave on worldwide TV when we play Man U will make him realise that he should go

When Man Ure have hammered us and we get back to 13,000 crowds and are then relegated and go into administration we´ll be rid of the parasite.

When Man Ure have hammered us and we get back to 13,000 crowds and are then relegated and go into administration we´ll be rid of the parasite.

Lowe out - yes

Adminstration - I'd rather be disembowled with a rusty coathanger. Can people please stop saying this is the answer because it just isn't.

If as alleged LC has the money to purchase further shares, without compelling him to make an offer on all, why has he not done so ? same with LM and any other ex board member of the revolution in order that their holdings carry more clout than they seem to at present, if Wildes financially up against it as is so often posted thats the first call, not by Crouch because of the percentages and without it being considered concert(or whatever the technicalities are) but by someone else who genuinely wants to turn our club around, surely LC, LM, MC rub shoulders with these types.

Their actions today are all p!s$ and wind, they know what is needed and it is not a shouting match at an AGM about a fu ckin picture or who sat in the chair at a certain moment in time, today heaps further embarassment on our club and ALL those 'public figures' involved should be ashamed

If as alleged LC has the money to purchase further shares, without compelling him to make an offer on all, why has he not done so ? same with LM and any other ex board member of the revolution in order that their holdings carry more clout than they seem to at present, if Wildes financially up against it as is so often posted thats the first call, not by Crouch because of the percentages and without it being considered concert(or whatever the technicalities are) but by someone else who genuinely wants to turn our club around, surely LC, LM, MC rub shoulders with these types.

Their actions today are all p!s$ and wind, they know what is needed and it is not a shouting match at an AGM about a fu ckin picture or who sat in the chair at a certain moment in time, today heaps further embarassment on our club and ALL those 'public figures' involved should be ashamed

And our illustrious leader who is the ring master at this circus and called his re election to-day. Tantamount to incitement I say...Just a small mans opinion of show business people. What has SFC become, I ask myself.

I think that today was the very last straw for me with this club. I left the game on Saturday unsure about whether to ever return, and today's shambles has pushed me over the edge.

To start an AGM by reading an anonymous letter that he had probably written himself was all part of Lowe's strategy to let the meeting descend into farce. Once he had done so, he then smirked as insults were hurled at him, failed to answer most questions, kept repeating that people were entitled to their opinion, and introduced Leon Crouch by saying "lets get Leons point out of the way."

The man is clearly mad, and I am more sure than ever that we will be never rid of his influence.

At the end of the day, he has won with me. I don't want anything to do with the club whilst it is so divided, and with so little chance of recovering. 40 years of great memories, days out, great friends, and a sense that Southampton Football Club was something to be proud of. I don't expect to be arguing at games with other Saints fans, and even less so at the AGM.

Not any more. Rupert Lowe and the other clowns have shown that they have no feeling for the clubs past, nor its future. He is just trying to get back at everyone over his treatment in 2006, and he is not having a penny more out of me to pay for or justify it.

The club is in its death throes, and to be honest, I'm not sure I really care anymore.

Also NickH, he did read the "letter" at the very start of the meeting, no one had asked him a question, or even thrown coins or abuse at hikm before he read it. He did it to provoke, and it worked.

If he hasn't gone mad, then I would probably agree with you in that he knew this would get people riled, which would mean he could write off the response as a lunatic fringe getting all emotional and vitriolic.

This man will never unite this Club and personally if he has stooped to these levels, then the gloves have to come off.

Is there anyone who can or will defend his actions of opening this AGM in such a provocative manner???

If he hasn't gone mad, then I would probably agree with you in that he knew this would get people riled, which would mean he could write off the response as a lunatic fringe getting all emotional and vitriolic.

This man will never unite this Club and personally if he has stooped to these levels, then the gloves have to come off.

Is there anyone who can or will defend his actions of opening this AGM in such a provocative manner???

Window Cleaner, AdriansFC, NickG over to you? Your country expects :rolleyes:

[/i]

Window Cleaner, AdriansFC, NickG over to you? Your country expects :rolleyes:

They are actually reasoned in their arguments to be fair. The ones that will bite are Dibden PS, Jonah and one or two others (what happened to Sundance?). Having said that, I did send DPS a snotty PM after he got personal which I don't normally do. I'm quite happy to debate with people with differing perspectives and I find Adrian, both the Nicks and whoever WC is decent blokes in that regard who seem to be passionate fans so just wanted to build a few bridges as I think they are genuine fans.

First off thanks to Longshot for your report. I know that Lowe has done himself no favours again today, that farcical letter the total lack of excepting any responsibility for our predicament the lack of humility all adds up to people hating the man. Are the arguments of people that Lowe is solely responsible correct? I have to answer no to that, however his conduct so far & his total gamble and arrogance in his philosophy since coming back is turning into a slow car crash. For this club to go forward you have to get the fans (sorry customers) to buy into what your doing, give them some hope.

I would also really like to know the reason Wilde wouldn't/couldn't attend what has been one of our most crucial AGM's.

First off thanks to Longshot for your report. I know that Lowe has done himself no favours again today, that farcical letter the total lack of excepting any responsibility for our predicament the lack of humility all adds up to people hating the man. Are the arguments of people that Lowe is solely responsible correct? I have to answer no to that, however his conduct so far & his total gamble and arrogance in his philosophy since coming back is turning into a slow car crash. For this club to go forward you have to get the fans (sorry customers) to buy into what your doing, give them some hope.

I would also really like to know the reason Wilde wouldn't/couldn't attend what has been one of our most crucial AGM's.

"Family reasons".

In amongst this whole sad sorry state of affairs - I can't help feeling absolutely gutted for poor old Jan. He must have sat there in the AGM - watching & listening as the shenanigans unfolded - the abuse - the coin-throwing - the hate - loathing - the tears...and wondered what the hell he'd taken on by joining Southampton Football Club.

A sad day indeed. And I actually like the bloke - a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped before he was pushed tbh...

Lowe out - yes

Adminstration - I'd rather be disembowled with a rusty coathanger. Can people please stop saying this is the answer because it just isn't.

It will happen sooner or later as we are in free fall into league one and

maybe beyond with the current set up.

We don`t win enough games due to this so we will get relegated,which

will reduce income further and further the lower we go,so if we persist in

continuing in our current way administration will inevitably follow regardless.

So.

Since Lowe came back in May, has our overall debt reduced in size or increased in size?

Just curious that's all.

Don't know, all I know is that the "potential debt" has been severely cut.

I am totally against underperforming, overpaid footballers.Anyone who shoves

his foot up the chuff of a lazy,good for nothing player who's laughing all the way to the bank for absolutely f-all is doing it "the right way" for me.

With 100K a week and counting off the salary mass we're heading in the right

direction. It is just my opinion that sometimes you've got to take the medicine,however nasty and unpleasant it may be. I thought Lowe was miserly and minable when we could afford better,just now can't see that he's far off the right track,however much I dislike it.

Don't know, all I know is that the "potential debt" has been severely cut.

I am totally against,underperforming, overpaid footballers.Anyone who shoves

his foot up the chuff of a lazy,good for nothing player who's laughing all the way to the bank for absolutely f-all is doing it "the right way" for me.

With 100K a week and counting off the salary mass we're heading in the right

direction. It is just my opinion that sometimes you've got to take the medicine,however nasty and unpleasant it may be. I thought Lowe was miserly and minable when we could afford better,just now can't see that he's far off the right track,however much I dislike it.

I think you're right, but how much has also been added due to loans etc, and how much has been lost per week in revenue?

It will happen sooner or later as we are in free fall into league one and

maybe beyond with the current set up.

We don`t win enough games due to this so we will get relegated,which

will reduce income further and further the lower we go,so if we persist in

continuing in our current way administration will inevitably follow regardless.

The key is in the overheads - the academy and the stadium. It's harder to service on a League 1 income which is lower than CCC but not the PL-CCC chasm. Any earners above £2-3k a week, maybe less, would be gone and we really would have a team of 17 year olds.

I had heard from a good source that administration would be considered if we really got cut adrift at the bottom but remember it wipes out a lot of investments and there's no guarantee the administrator would pick RL as the preferred buyer.

Got to laugh at those calling for Leon to buy shares.

He not buying because he knows administration is 99.99999% certain.

Why waste money buying shares when all he has to do is offer the best terms to the creditors to gain complete control of the club.

Why would he want to give money to the ****s when he can see them losing everything.

Those fearing Lowe would still be in charge after admin. are SO wrong.

They are actually reasoned in their arguments to be fair. The ones that will bite are Dibden PS, Jonah and one or two others (what happened to Sundance?). Having said that, I did send DPS a snotty PM after he got personal which I don't normally do. I'm quite happy to debate with people with differing perspectives and I find Adrian, both the Nicks and whoever WC is decent blokes in that regard who seem to be passionate fans so just wanted to build a few bridges as I think they are genuine fans.

and Happy Christmas to you Saint1977!

In amongst this whole sad sorry state of affairs - I can't help feeling absolutely gutted for poor old Jan. He must have sat there in the AGM - watching & listening as the shenanigans unfolded - the abuse - the coin-throwing - the hate - loathing - the tears...and wondered what the hell he'd taken on by joining Southampton Football Club.

A sad day indeed. And I actually like the bloke - a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped before he was pushed tbh...

To be fair, the vast majority of supporters agree with your sentiment in respect of JP. To be fair to 95% of those supporters he should realise on the playing side that he is not quite going to make the grade as a football coach.

He should also real;ise by now that Mr Lowe will jettison him out the exit of that jet from 40,000 feet when it suits and that is without blinking..Mr Lowe blinking that is.

I've no doubt Lowe spun him a web of deciept on how the club and fans are right behind him and his force uniting EGO!!!! lol ;)

and Happy Christmas to you Saint1977!

You too Nick, it would be a boring forum if we all agreed all the time but I like the fact that you show people respect and it never goes personal. I did lose it with DSP earlier because he called me a "retard" and actually, I'm educated to Chartered Postgraduate level and went to one of the top UK Unis despite being diagnosed with 2 disabilities at the age of 25 (after graduation). DSP didn't know that to be fair but it's just people throw those sort of insults around and it's not really on.

Anyway, I'll get an infraction for the snotty pm I sent him! Merry XMAS to all other Saints fans on here and your families and hopefully I can get public transport for a change to the Reading game so I can have a beer!

Why waste money buying shares when all he has to do is offer the best terms to the creditors to gain complete control of the club.

Why would he want to give money to the ****s when he can see them losing everything.

Hopefully it won't come to administration and there's a late buyout. I'll be honest, I'm not sure what's going to happen.

I don't buy this because Crouch knows that Administration will mean relegation and the loss of the many good assets we have.

I understand that his plan was to put in a couple of million, see if other shareholders could match it and use that money to avoid administration, avoid relegation and somehow bring some unity back to the Club.

It would appear the other shareholders couldn't match it, or perhaps didn't like the strings that were attached to it.

Hope he manages to leave with some dignity. The couple of times I've met him he's seemed really genuine, knowledgeable, and dedicated to his job. He's not a bad bloke, and TBF we don't even know if he's a good manager or not - and we'll never know unless he's actually allowed to pick the team...

I think you're right, but how much has also been added due to loans etc, and how much has been lost per week in revenue?

Very little in loans, very very little. We've probably dropped our salary mass by much more than 100K a week.

Consider that Claus+John+Rasiak+Saga accounts for at least 50K/wk.

Then there's all the rest, Vignal probably cost more than Smith,Pekhart,Robertson,Pearce,Gasmi and Morgan put together. Cork is probably subsidised by Chelsea.Vignal cost us a great deal of money, like renting a flash pad, you pay through the nose and it's never yours at the end of the day.We would have taken an attendance drop anyway. Go on I'll be generous and say 3000 down due to team/Lowe/Quality issues.

3000x23x£18 (av ticket price allowing for VAT and concessions[about £13.50 last season] =£1.24 million against a saving of at least £5 million.

Your point is valid. But equally Crouch is in there up to his pikey arse. The sheer stupidity and divisiveness of the idiot is one of the main reasons where we are now. All that hedgehog muncher had to do was use his head and keep people onside. But all we saw was a bull in a china shop with the one brain cell flickering on and off.

Do you not remember him trying to broker a consensus before Wilde's initial coup?

You really do come out with some gash and using phrases like "pikey", "hedgehog muncher" (WTF?!) and "one brain cell" make you look like a prize imbecile.

Edited by benjii

Firstly well done to those who attended you did the club and area proud. Better then a lot of people on here who have no connection to the club other then this board but like to think they know whats best.

Secondly those people standing up for the Lowe side and slagging off Crouch need to ask themselves a long hard question "what am i doing to help?", because as far as i can see **** all. Right now we have Lowe and Wilde that have now taken this club to its worst place in its history, we are in the worst state since we have been in the leagues since the 20's. Coming out and saying Crouch is to blame for his 4 month tenure is ****ing disgraceful and whoever thinks that seriously thinks that is deluded. The people *****ing were the same people *****ing when Crouch had to deal with the aftermath of Lowe/Wilde and their cronies and had no financial say whatsoever. But when the shoe is on the other foot and it is Lowe who does it then it is "ok"? Get real.

Today showed me that we have two camps. Those who genuinly care so much about this club and its future that they simply cant stand it no more. As much as Chorely is a tit at least he showed what the MAJORITY feel. Throwing coins at Lowe to the average forum goer will be seen as a stupid gesture once again made by a fool. But he did it because he cares about the club, i think all of us feel that way.

The second camp you have is the Lowe camp. A camp that said they could do better then the previous board and came back to show that they could. 6 months later they have taken us to the brink of destruction both on and off the pitch. They are the camp who do not care about the club one bit, they care about their investment. People like Crouch will put their hand in their own pocket and lose money simply to try and help the situation. Would Lowe and Wilde do that? No.

This club is run by people who have only their interests at heart and not the clubs, that to me today was made very clear. The club will head into oblivion now and as others have mentioned i feel sorry for Jan as he is just a scape goat.

At the end of the day all the resolutions were duly passed.

See, doesn't matter how much you scream,howl and throw small change;at the end of the day the company/club is run by those that own (or control) the majority of the shares.If you want to change that,easy peasy, buy some more shares until you have enough to back up your screaming and howling with ACTION.

I'm not sure if this has escaped you but most people can't afford to do that.

If you're referring to Crouch then it is one thing to say "buy some shares" it's another to actually do that. Even if he bought out every share apart from Lowe, his cronies and Wilde he would only have 54% ish. Enough to control the board but not enough to stop the pathetic squabbling.

Jan wasn't there till after the meeting, he turned up about 15 minutes later as he was taking training so would have missed everything.

Well, I think today goes some way to showing some of you, the 'type' of person Rupert Lowe actually is. For those of you that don't know what I mean, you are lucky not to have worked with one. Now, this is not a money thing, nor a class thing or anything like that, it is just the way some people are. Maybe there is a reason for it, and I fear that that reason comes from something quite traumatic occurring in their lives or maybe it's from having nothing traumatic happen in your life, either way, the traits that Lowe shows are very clear and poignant to me, and have been for many years.

Many on here have claimed I kept quiet whilst we were winning, and some have suggested that I was a season ticket holder and so supported him! Well, there are only 2 ways to deal with this type of person and ONLY 2.

1. Carry on as normal and pretend all is well.

2. Ignore them and banish them from your life.

I can happily embrace Lowe, makes no difference to me, as I have shown, I can also get riled by Lowe, as I have equally shown. BUT, if you really want to get rid of Lowe, there is only 1 way to do this and it is the most common form of truth you'll see ona forum like this:

- Don't feed the troll!

If you go to games, you are giving him an audience, it is an audience for him. Make no mistake about it. You are not there to support saints (in Lowes eyes) you are there to support him and his vision. The ONLY way that Lowe will go is if nobody noticed. SMS would have to be empty, all shares would have to be sold or given away and he is allowed to have complete autonomy over his kingdom.

Believe me, it is the struggle to succeed that keeps Lowe in power. Failure is not an option and even if that means relegation and/or administration, he will continue, trying to prove everybody wrong and him right. Oblivion is the only thing that will stop him.

Me, I choose not to attend because it allows me to wash my hands of sad individuals like this. And trust me, he is an individual. People aren't friends with people like Lowe, they are associates, and they generally need something from him. In our case, we want to watch our football team. He therefore has a reliable form of 'need'. We 'need' him because he runs the club.

I'm not advocating that everyone stops going to SMS. Not at all. I'm just telling you that this is the only way that Lowe will leave, because he would've won. Some keep asking for a knight in shining armor to come along with millions, well, the easier and less painful option, would be to leave him to wallow in his own self glorification and leave of his own accord, then we pick up the pieces. Me, I'd be happy to turn up and watch conference football to get my fix and watch a team grow and fail on it's own merits. But I won;t watch puppets jiggle around ona stage (a cheap one at that) whilst the puppet master has his fun and 'believes' that we'll all be back next week for more of the same!

For me, this is all about Lowe, his anchor men (who probably have a £1 bet in the background on the outcome of Lowes tenure) and his adversaries. I, for one, am happy to step back and let them play there silly little games, why, because I have more important things to do with my life than waste it on going to games and worshiping my 'master' once a week, hell, that's what church's are for, aren't they?

I don't go, because I will not give Lowe my mandate to rule. Owning shares and attending games shows your support for Lowe, because he is the puppet master and you are all his puppets.

Please, be happy with this, if you are, I have no problem with that, and I wish you a Merry Christmas on this wonderful Pagan festival! Never forget, there is always someone, somewhere that pretends to be someone they are not.

St throbber you are a complete fantasist. Crouch worked 6 days a week for free and paid for the statue and had the green light from barclays. Had appointed a really good manager in pearson, and had nothing to do with the execs terrible financial decisions. Him and his gang are not at all responsible for the mess that lowe has got us into. Wake up and tell your best friend lowe to resign. You have let our club down very badly with your'e stance over the years.

Whatever.

If driving up to matches from Cardiff home and away is letting the club down then I must be a right bastard.

If you read my post I think you'll find my stance was anything but supportive of Lowe.

Fantasist my arse