AGM is getting lairy!!!

exit2

At the end of the day all the resolutions were duly passed.

See, doesn't matter how much you scream,howl and throw small change;at the end of the day the company/club is run by those that own (or control) the majority of the shares.If you want to change that,easy peasy, buy some more shares until you have enough to back up your screaming and howling with ACTION.

My heartfelt thanks to Long Shot for the report, and reminding us exactly what sort of complete waanker we have running our club...

I would like to know more about this offer of funds from Crouch and the subsequent rejection of it by Lowe.

Would sort of confirm that this isnt about money but more about power and ego for Lowe. Suggests he is deliberately keeping the club weak..

Thanks Long Shot, great to read that first hand account of the AGM.

I must say that my anger towards Ru**rt may have been somewhat redirected as a result of your report.

Ru**rt clearly is going insane, and might therefore not be completely responsible for his deeds. So that puts even more responsibility for our current mess on the shoulders of the people who put Ru**rt in this position of power, AND KEEP HIM THERE!

The shareholders who proxied Ru**rt and made him their front man, his so called 'friends" Cowan, Wilde, Askham, Jones and all the other board members, who are only too happy to let a poor mentally disabled man take the abuse on their behalf.

I think that we as fans need to take it upon ourselves to campaign for the health of poor Ru**rt and work diligently until we get him committed to a mental health hospital where no doubt he will be made better within 10 years or so! He'll thank us for it later!

Edited by offix

At the end of the day all the resolutions were duly passed.

See, doesn't matter how much you scream,howl and throw small change;at the end of the day the company/club is run by those that own (or control) the majority of the shares.If you want to change that,easy peasy, buy some more shares until you have enough to back up your screaming and howling with ACTION.

As much as I want contest that point, it's hard to. I agree with Ponty that perhaps LM should have stood his ground and voted and at least voted so we could see who was following the party line. Fair play for putting your points reasonably WC, even I don't always agree with them.

It's rare that I agree with Jonah but cutting the Itchen Suit off today and floating it from Town Quay, never to return is the best solution.

Yes he was, he also asked Lowe to resign i believe, but politely !!

Be interesting to know why, when Leon Crouch wrote a cheque for £2 million a few weeks ago, and asked Wilde and Lowe to match it so they could wipe the Barclays debt, Lowe just laughed in his face wouldnt it ?

Done any fishing in Scotland lately Rupert ?

Amazing what you can get with £1 million isnt it......esp when you get your mates to put in £10 million for a prime chunk of river bank ; - )

Did Crouch announce this at the AGM?

Be interesting to know why, when Leon Crouch wrote a cheque for £2 million a few weeks ago, and asked Wilde and Lowe to match it so they could wipe the Barclays debt, Lowe just laughed in his face wouldnt it ?

Im sure our debt is more than 6Million.

No. It's the Leon Crouch who wanted to cut costs but was continually outvoted by Hone, Dulieu, Oldknow, etc - the executives that Wilde brought to the club. Crouch only properly got his feet under the table this time last year, by which time contracts had been signed and deals done. He was fire-fighting pretty well from day one.

Has anyone ever relayed this to Scooby or Sundance?

Ever?

As much as I want contest that point, it's hard to. I agree with Ponty that perhaps LM should have stood his ground and voted and at least voted so we could see who was following the party line. Fair play for putting your points reasonably WC, even I don't always agree with them.

It's rare that I agree with Jonah but cutting the Itchen Suit off today and floating it from Town Quay, never to return is the best solution.

Why is it assumed that LM and others didn't vote simply because they walked out? It is normal practice to vote beforehand on your voting slip, you don't have to be present to vote, thus avoiding the situation where your vote is missed due to some unexpected event. There should still be a record somewhere of the votes for and against, though it will probably be some time before Dave Jones allows that information to be published.

Fortunately I doubt a senior bank manager will be swayed by a few nutcases ranting and raving at an AGM. It really is very sad (and childish) that people walked out of the AGM after having their own say, it is a classic sign of arrogance and insecurity in what you are saying - it is also really dumb when the votes had yet to be taken. It just shows that the club is not what's important to them, it's all about Lowe.

We all know Lowe will probably come across as a prat at these things, but the guy has to sit there and take all the abuse - was the abuse about the relegation 4 seasons ago, or simply because he's had to reduce the squad to the bare bones because of the financial situation left to him by the last board(s)? Where were these people at the last 2 AGMs when all the money was being squandered? Oh I forgot, they were sat at the front!

I can't believe the nonsense about Lawrie's picture either, come on people get a grip! A photo of the *Team* raising the cup, yes, but a picture of Lawrie in the boardroom is hardly sacrosanct. Perhaps after being the first Director to sell his "free" shares and pocket the cash, or demanding £75k pa to be ambassador, he could offer to "rent" that part of the wall if it's that important? Is there a picture of George Thomas anywhere I wonder? Or a shirt of red and white quarters?

The club is inhabited by dinosaurs, everyone is trying to live in the past. If Wilde had been there (fat chance) it wouldn't have been a bad thing to blow up the entire Itchen Suite today and start again.

Please go away. You are a joke.

Has anyone ever relayed this to Scooby or Sundance?

Ever?

Scooby doesn't post on here now to the best of my knowledge, at least not under that name, after he was humiliated when his true identity as a 'performance artist' wind-up merchant living in Washington DC was revealed. Sundance is a different kettle of fish - he can be obnoxious but at least he's consistent and able to string a sentence together. I wonder what his take on Lowe's alleged behaviour at the AGM is? This isn't baiting - I'd genuinely like to know.

Yes he was, he also asked Lowe to resign i believe, but politely !!

Done any fishing in Scotland lately Rupert ?

Amazing what you can get with £1 million isnt it......esp when you get your mates to put in £10 million for a prime chunk of river bank ; - )

Trying to play devils advocet here but if you and someone else owned a business, the other person ran it and put it into massive debt the came and asked you to stump up some money to clear the debt would you not laugh in his face?

just seems to me that rupes thinks he can run the business without putting it into further debt and slowly clearing the debt (something all business' should be trying to do IMO) when he left he believed the club was on a sound finacial footing so to have to fork out 2mil due to someone elses incompitence is laughable in his eyes.

Unfortunatly for rupes to be able to run the business within these tight finacial guidlines he fails to realise that he needs the other shareholders and our support and it sounds like his attitude today will not help him in the slightest. As someone else has said a bit of humility would have gone a long way today.

Scooby doesn't post on here now to the best of my knowledge, at least not under that name, after he was humiliated when his true identity as a 'performance artist' wind-up merchant living in Washington DC was revealed. Sundance is a different kettle of fish - he can be obnoxious but at least he's consistent and able to string a sentence together. I wonder what his take on Lowe's alleged behaviour at the AGM is? This isn't baiting - I'd genuinely like to know.

It's my guess that he wrote the letter Ru**rt was waving?

I'm certainly no Lowe luvvie, but we need to remember that all major decisions at the club are taken by the board. If they weren't a load of yes men they could easily overrule Rupert.

At least he has the guts to stand up and take it on the chin unlike his spineless fellow directors.

Trying to play devils advocet here but if you and someone else owned a business, the other person ran it and put it into massive debt the came and asked you to stump up some money to clear the debt would you not laugh in his face?

just seems to me that rupes thinks he can run the business without putting it into further debt and slowly clearing the debt (something all business' should be trying to do IMO) when he left he believed the club was on a sound finacial footing so to have to fork out 2mil due to someone elses incompitence is laughable in his eyes.

Unfortunatly for rupes to be able to run the business within these tight finacial guidlines he fails to realise that he needs the other shareholders and our support and it sounds like his attitude today will not help him in the slightest. As someone else has said a bit of humility would have gone a long way today.

More like trying to play Ruperts advocate! HOLD ON! Rupert/Devil same thing! ;)

I think that today was the very last straw for me with this club. I left the game on Saturday unsure about whether to ever return, and today's shambles has pushed me over the edge.

To start an AGM by reading an anonymous letter that he had probably written himself was all part of Lowe's strategy to let the meeting descend into farce. Once he had done so, he then smirked as insults were hurled at him, failed to answer most questions, kept repeating that people were entitled to their opinion, and introduced Leon Crouch by saying "lets get Leons point out of the way."

The man is clearly mad, and I am more sure than ever that we will be never rid of his influence.

At the end of the day, he has won with me. I don't want anything to do with the club whilst it is so divided, and with so little chance of recovering. 40 years of great memories, days out, great friends, and a sense that Southampton Football Club was something to be proud of. I don't expect to be arguing at games with other Saints fans, and even less so at the AGM.

Not any more. Rupert Lowe and the other clowns have shown that they have no feeling for the clubs past, nor its future. He is just trying to get back at everyone over his treatment in 2006, and he is not having a penny more out of me to pay for or justify it.

The club is in its death throes, and to be honest, I'm not sure I really care anymore.

Also NickH, he did read the "letter" at the very start of the meeting, no one had asked him a question, or even thrown coins or abuse at hikm before he read it. He did it to provoke, and it worked.

I'm certainly no Lowe luvvie, but we need to remember that all major decisions at the club are taken by the board. If they weren't a load of yes men they could easily overrule Rupert.

At least he has the guts to stand up and take it on the chin unlike his spineless fellow directors.

I don't think he had a choice. I still can't understand why Lord Luvaduck still has the support of so many on the board and of so many shareholders. I can only suppose that his lordship and his acolytes have been promised a big payday sometime in the future. Who would do that? Who could do that and why?

Indeed, whether they like it or not, they are still the minority - if fans were that bothered, they'd only have to buy about £100 of shares each to take overall control.

I think also when the dust has settled (again), people might start to realise that their anger is actually somewhat misplaced - Lowe is always the easy target. The questions that *should* have been asked were:

* Who got the club into this financial mess? If Crouch says he voted against the big purchases, that's easy for DJ to prove with board minutes. Then you have to question who approved those purchases initially in the SFC board (LM, MC?), and who put in place the execs who outvoted LC - well I'm afraid that again comes back to MW, who was supported into that position of power by LC amongst others. He can't have it both ways, he was massively negligent with the club's future in supporting MW, his proposed board and the "manifesto", and it's a bit rich posturing and complaining about the results now.

* We know the finances are from the actions of previous boards, so then if the complaints are about the football side that's an issue for MW to address - only of course he had an urgent appointment on Sentosa Island. Everyone wanted RL to stick to the finance, that's great, but then you have to go after MW about the footballing side. What a coward he is.

* We know the club is in a mess in terms of the board changeovers over the last couple of years, so again who is responsible for failing to meet their promises? MW (big time), Trant (big time).

Fans still seem unable to treat each "misdemeanour" objectively - everything gets lumped in against Lowe, and whilst he deserved his share of the blame in the past it is counter-productive to ignore the problems all around the club... even if Lowe left for good, the club would have all the same problems - you'd have LC shooting his mouth off, MW spending money we don't have, MC failing to take her responsibilities seriously, LM looking for one last pay day, etc etc. In fact, the only thing I've seen addressed objectively is that Chorley is a complete tw*t - it's nice to have at least one thing everyone agrees on ;-)

...and the winner of the 2008 Knob of the Year award goes to...(*opens envelope)...Richard Chorley!

Indeed and in any normal circumstances his actions would lead to a prison sentence and a life ban at future games.

However, we happen to have a Club, Chairman and Board, who, contary to all that gets written, shows immense tolerance and understanding in the face of adversity and absurdity.

PS Were they chocolate pieces of silver that were thrown? If so I imagine the heat of the atmosphere would have melted them long before they reached their intended target!

You answered your own question there! The board will do anything Rupes wants, because as you put it so well their SPINELESS!!! ;)

I am more depressed than when I was before the AGM, the reports are very well written, though I was more than a little disappointed that apologies were not received from MW, two apologies were read out at the beginning of the meeting and that was for Lowe to apologise for losing his voice and for the date of the meeting no mention of Wilde. I too walked out with the majority of the fans as I didnt want to see JP led to the slaughter, however, according to those that did stay he didnt get a hard time. Was astounded to learn that one player is on three quaters of a million a year presume thats Rasiak knew he was well paid but didnt realise it was that much.

Didnt really achieve anything, Lowe will still remain and we will go down again came away with absolutely no hope at all and sad to see Mary Corbett sobbing her heart out at the end. A very sad day for all supporters.

Indeed, whether they like it or not, they are still the minority - if fans were that bothered, they'd only have to buy about £100 of shares each to take overall control.

I think also when the dust has settled (again), people might start to realise that their anger is actually somewhat misplaced - Lowe is always the easy target. The questions that *should* have been asked were:

* Who got the club into this financial mess? If Crouch says he voted against the big purchases, that's easy for DJ to prove with board minutes. Then you have to question who approved those purchases initially in the SFC board (LM, MC?), and who put in place the execs who outvoted LC - well I'm afraid that again comes back to MW, who was supported into that position of power by LC amongst others. He can't have it both ways, he was massively negligent with the club's future in supporting MW, his proposed board and the "manifesto", and it's a bit rich posturing and complaining about the results now.

* We know the finances are from the actions of previous boards, so then if the complaints are about the football side that's an issue for MW to address - only of course he had an urgent appointment on Sentosa Island. Everyone wanted RL to stick to the finance, that's great, but then you have to go after MW about the footballing side. What a coward he is.

* We know the club is in a mess in terms of the board changeovers over the last couple of years, so again who is responsible for failing to meet their promises? MW (big time), Trant (big time).

Fans still seem unable to treat each "misdemeanour" objectively - everything gets lumped in against Lowe, and whilst he deserved his share of the blame in the past it is counter-productive to ignore the problems all around the club... even if Lowe left for good, the club would have all the same problems - you'd have LC shooting his mouth off, MW spending money we don't have, MC failing to take her responsibilities seriously, LM looking for one last pay day, etc etc. In fact, the only thing I've seen addressed objectively is that Chorley is a complete tw*t - it's nice to have at least one thing everyone agrees on ;-)

FFS. They're all equally to blame. Don't you get that???

More like trying to play Ruperts advocate! HOLD ON! Rupert/Devil same thing! ;)

just see things for what they are rather than following the rest of the sheep.

personally i think rupes is a prize pr1ck and needs to keep his mouth shut and get on with clearing the debt.

I wont jump on the Lowe Out bandwagon until there is a firm alternative that is worth supporting.

As others have said there are plenty of shares to be bought and Crouch has the money to do it and then get his own way. so why doesnt he do it? probably the same reason why no-one else has stepped up to do it.

Im still trying to win big on the euro millions without my wife knowing so i can clear the lot of them out and spend the lot in the hope of a few years champions league footy.

FFS. They're all equally to blame. Don't you get that???

If only you could read English, you would understand that is what I just said. So you have just summed up perfectly the level of ignorance shown throughout SFC by complaining about something you actually agree with... thanks for showing everyone what I meant! :-)

just see things for what they are rather than following the rest of the sheep.

personally i think rupes is a prize pr1ck and needs to keep his mouth shut and get on with clearing the debt.

I wont jump on the Lowe Out bandwagon until there is a firm alternative that is worth supporting.

As others have said there are plenty of shares to be bought and Crouch has the money to do it and then get his own way. so why doesnt he do it? probably the same reason why no-one else has stepped up to do it.

Im still trying to win big on the euro millions without my wife knowing so i can clear the lot of them out and spend the lot in the hope of a few years champions league footy.

I know LC tried to buy some of the Lowe's cabals share's and was told to pay double the current price, then told they were not for sale to him!!! Whats that all about then!!! :(

:smt078

personally.i could not careless how someone came to power...I really dont in the football world..i judge them on what they do..and after askham handed over control..we went on to build a brand new stadium, (which we spent farking years trying to do else where) went on to a cup final and european football...

I could not care if he is ted bates..so many fans live in some sort of nostalgic dream world with football...when in reality, it is far from that..

we did achieve a hell of alot for about 6 years after askham handed over....then of course, it went very wrong...

Surely the new stadium is what is killing us financially at the moment???

what would everyone want to see happen to the club tomorrow to improve things for SFC?

Take into account our current financial state

what are realistic positive steps?

Get it over with.

Administration, with the provision that none of the current antagonists can buy it back.

Does that mean you think Ru**rt IS worth supporting?

Dont think I will ever support him cause I dont like him. Who else is there to support though? For now I am just supporting the team for what they are and hoping they can do enough to keep us up.

I hope that Rupes can do enough to keept us out of administration but i wouldnt really call that support.

what would everyone want to see happen to the club tomorrow to improve things for SFC?

Take into account our current financial state

what are realistic positive steps?

rupert lowe agrees to sell his shares to Crouch , his only, for 30p a share and rides off into the sunset.

Wilde than agrees to the appointment of crouch to the board with himself/cowans and jones and they advertise for a ceo to run the club

they also tell the shareholder exactly what the current financial position to stop all this guess work

If only you could read English, you would understand that is what I just said. So you have just summed up perfectly the level of ignorance shown throughout SFC by complaining about something you actually agree with... thanks for showing everyone what I meant! :-)
To be honest I lost interest reading your post by the first paragraph. Your posts are usually very one sided and assumed it was more of the same. I apologise if I got it wrong.

I am more depressed than when I was before the AGM, the reports are very well written, though I was more than a little disappointed that apologies were not received from MW, two apologies were read out at the beginning of the meeting and that was for Lowe to apologise for losing his voice and for the date of the meeting no mention of Wilde. I too walked out with the majority of the fans as I didnt want to see JP led to the slaughter, however, according to those that did stay he didnt get a hard time. Was astounded to learn that one player is on three quaters of a million a year presume thats Rasiak knew he was well paid but didnt realise it was that much.

Didnt really achieve anything, Lowe will still remain and we will go down again came away with absolutely no hope at all and sad to see Mary Corbett sobbing her heart out at the end. A very sad day for all supporters.

From what i've been told, it is Stern John is the 14k a week man, although last season I believe Sunderland were paying half of that as part of Kenwyn Jones transfer deal.

The goings on sound very sad indeed surely Lowe must realise that he has very little support from ordinary shareholders or supporter.

Mind you he seems to be living in a Mugabe like world where in his opinion he's done nothing wrong yet for some reason everyone is against him.

I think that today was the very last straw for me with this club. I left the game on Saturday unsure about whether to ever return, and today's shambles has pushed me over the edge.

To start an AGM by reading an anonymous letter that he had probably written himself was all part of Lowe's strategy to let the meeting descend into farce. Once he had done so, he then smirked as insults were hurled at him, failed to answer most questions, kept repeating that people were entitled to their opinion, and introduced Leon Crouch by saying "lets get Leons point out of the way."

The man is clearly mad, and I am more sure than ever that we will be never rid of his influence.

At the end of the day, he has won with me. I don't want anything to do with the club whilst it is so divided, and with so little chance of recovering. 40 years of great memories, days out, great friends, and a sense that Southampton Football Club was something to be proud of. I don't expect to be arguing at games with other Saints fans, and even less so at the AGM.

Not any more. Rupert Lowe and the other clowns have shown that they have no feeling for the clubs past, nor its future. He is just trying to get back at everyone over his treatment in 2006, and he is not having a penny more out of me to pay for or justify it.

The club is in its death throes, and to be honest, I'm not sure I really care anymore.

Also NickH, he did read the "letter" at the very start of the meeting, no one had asked him a question, or even thrown coins or abuse at hikm before he read it. He did it to provoke, and it worked.

This such a sad post. There are so many people like this absolutely going out of their mind with worry for their club. The old chap today who broke down in tears when telling Lowe to go, Mary Corbett in floods of tears etc etc. Trouble is we must not give up. Someone earlier mentioned Lowe at least had the guts to stand up to the ire today, unlike Wilde. I understand the sentiments but Lowe's big fault is he just does not know when he is wrong and he won't admit being at fault. Sure he has an element of guts but it stems not from bravery or intelligence more bloody mindedness.

Depressed of Shirley - don't go away forever, keep the faith. Like you I have been tempted to walk away and give up but we owe it to our fathers, uncles, grandfathers and great grandfathers to keep this club alive for the generations ahead of us. Lowe cannot last forever - surely someone soon will tap him on the shoulder and say it is time to go. Today will have bruised his ego - the writing is on the wall if only he would read it.

I know LC tried to buy some of the Lowe's cabals share's and was told to pay double the current price, then told they were not for sale to him!!! Whats that all about then!!! :(

but surely there are plenty of other shares available? ask a broker to get you as many saints shares as possible and they would soon start mounting up. it wouldnt take long for crouch to increase his holdings and along with the proxy of his supporters he would be back in a position to call the shots.

Wilde doesnt seem to want to be anywhere near the place so im guessing it wouldnt take much to buy his shares off him.

wasnt there also a rumour a long time ago that crouch offered to buy rupes shares off him and he said only if his proxy were offered the same price and crouch said no?

there are so many rumours back n forth it gets to the point where i wonder why we all argue over these idiots at the top?

Surly we support the saints cause we like going to the game and seeing some goals or a good match. preferable wthe result going in our favour. ;)

Dont think I will ever support him cause I dont like him. Who else is there to support though? For now I am just supporting the team for what they are and hoping they can do enough to keep us up.

I hope that Rupes can do enough to keept us out of administration but i wouldnt really call that support.

Understood. But you don't feel that it is the very policies of Ru**rt that are sending us into relegation, and thereby almost certainly administration?

He and his friends are the ones not supporting the players. their careers will be killed of before they even properly started. Relegation, confidence ruined, etc.

sad to see Mary Corbett sobbing her heart out at the end. A very sad day for all supporters.

Why was that then? Did she actually believe that Crouch shouting at Lowe would achieve anything. The Corbett family have about 6% of the shares, just needs to sell them to Crouch,he'd be on 16% then.He could try for those managed by Cheviot and that other asset management company, he'd be up to

22% or so then. As I keep saying,all mouth and nothing in the trousers.

jonah whilst I agree that Lowe shouldnt hold all the blame and all our ills wont be fixed by losing him, can you not see that his arrogant approach continues to divide this club? He seems to enjoy making enemies, blaming everyone but himself, he comes across as a very deluded individual who deliberately sets out to get confrontation. This is a genuine question , do you not think we need leasdership which gets the best out of all those parties who want our club to move upwards, and Rupert doesnt have those abilities?

But Jonah, what you have to admit here is that in the Summer of 2007, ier after getting to the playoffs and having a reasonable season with an

expenditure of 7 million or so we actually sold players to the tune of about

14 or 15 million £, the wrong players perhaps but we had made money in

the transfer market. Whoever sanctioned the 7 million was about there or thereabouts, OK we should have got automatic promotion but apart from

a spot of bad luck when we didn't need it we were about right.

So we sold and bought for less. In that period the club actually made money on transfers.Board makes decisions that make money-yep sounds about right. Where we went wrong was after the play-off season. We sold and bought. The players that we bought however were dump,or not,anyway they didn't perform and Claus got injured,who could bargain for that really?

Thomas wasn't up to the job,Vignal took a long time to settle, strange for an acomplished player with a solid knowledge of the English game,Saga stopped scoring, who could predict all that?? It could well be that the only bad decision anyone made was NOT SACKING BURLEY, that's the real problem, the root cause of all evil,whoever opposed that takes 100% of the blame.Especially as Lowe is on record as saying Burley was being handled badly.