AGM is getting lairy!!!

exit2

St throbber you are a complete fantasist. Crouch worked 6 days a week for free and paid for the statue and had the green light from barclays. Had appointed a really good manager in pearson, and had nothing to do with the execs terrible financial decisions. Him and his gang are not at all responsible for the mess that lowe has got us into. Wake up and tell your best friend lowe to resign. You have let our club down very badly with your'e stance over the years.

Pu the contents of your recent phone call with Lowe up on here now, and I'll start a new thread on it.

Judging by the contents of that telecon, his waving of anonymous letters and his firm belief he has come back to unite the Club, you do have to wonder for his sanity!!!!!!

Andrew Cowen, you really need to pull him to one side and have a word.

This is getting embarrassing.

St throbber you are a complete fantasist. Crouch worked 6 days a week for free and paid for the statue and had the green light from barclays. Had appointed a really good manager in pearson, and had nothing to do with the execs terrible financial decisions. Him and his gang are not at all responsible for the mess that lowe has got us into. Wake up and tell your best friend lowe to resign. You have let our club down very badly with your'e stance over the years.

I can't stand Lowe either but Stthrober is also saying Rupert has to go and he's a fellow fan. We now need to unite and spell it out nice and clearly so Rupert is under no misapprehension that he's not welcome at our club ever again.

They are all a bloody joke...............

Crouch, McMenemy, Corbett, Lowe, Trant - they're all like little children in the playground and all seem to be fiddling whilst Rome is burning. They're all equally culpable for our current predicament and Wilde is a coward for not even attending.

But then again, with the 'fans' we have I think we have all that we deserve.

You forgot Askham and some others.

The fans in the main are decent people who only want a club we can be proud of.

I still feel more for the current team than I have done so for a few years.It is the manager who needs to be gone and RL has to show leadership and move him on.Yes he will get flak as peopl will say it was his mistake, but he has to be above that and make the decision.

A change of manager who may galvanise the team will bring us to safety and so relieve the pressure on him.

Pu the contents of your recent phone call with Lowe up on here now, and I'll start a new thread on it.

Judging by the contents of that telecon, his waving of anonymous letters and his firm belief he has come back to unite the Club, you do have to wonder for his sanity!!!!!!

Andrew Cowen, you really need to pull him to one side and have a word.

This is getting embarrassing.

He needs to tell him to step down now, I think Rupert isn't very well.

I still feel more for the current team than I have done so for a few years.It is the manager who needs to be gone and RL has to show leadership and move him on.Yes he will get flak as peopl will say it was his mistake, but he has to be above that and make the decision.

A change of manager who may galvanise the team will bring us to safety and so relieve the pressure on him.

Totally agree Nick but you've got to admit Lowe has to go after today's debacle. He's totally lost the plot and I'm not sure he hasn't lost his marbles. What was he thinking of? Having condemned Chorley (rightly) for that pathetic coin throw, I'm not sure Rupert's fake letter is any better actually.

So Lowe takes us down this route, employs a manager out of his depth and then sacks him, yet he carries on.

Unbelieveavble

has any of it made the slightest bit of difference?.......................no.

a million people could rant and rave until they are blue in the face and lowe will not listen,there is nobody with the dosh who wants to buy lowe out and if lowe does not want to sell then we will just go on as we are.

well done to the people who were there,those for shouting against the system and those who reported it (apart from chorly and the russian taxi driver).

I completely agree with um pahars. Nickh how many more mistakes does rupert has to make to make you change your'e mind. Wake up please! This is the man that recently told me that we are playing 'world class foootball'.

lol, deluded....what other gems did he come up with?

Totally agree Nick but you've got to admit Lowe has to go after today's debacle. He's totally lost the plot and I'm not sure he hasn't lost his marbles. What was he thinking of? Having condemned Chorley (rightly) for that pathetic coin throw, I'm not sure Rupert's fake letter is any better actually.
I wasnt there and so will wait for a neutral view of the procededings.All due respect some are so anti that we may not be getting a balanced view of things.

i agree that the letter was stupid and why would he think the need to read it out anyway.Did he do so in answer to criticism.

RC is RC and he did a stupid thing throwing the coins, he was rightly ejected.

Im amazed that a clever man like LM who knows the ropes got involved in the slanging.

I do not like the reply Ann McMenemy got regarding LM's picture (Iam not his greatest fan of him after he left us in the 80's) but would like him to be properly recognised.

I hope we dont have the anti Lowe songs at SMS as it will not help our young side, who are playing badlty enough at home recently.

Is this the same Crouch that got us into this mess?

Is this the same Crouch who while he was in charge let Burley spend money we didnt have on wages and transfer fees in an attempt to get promoted and ultimately when that failed gave us no option but to cut costs dramatically including playing youngsters?

Re-writng history I see!! If you want to make a point, please stick to facts.

The meeting came to a virtual end when there was a mass walk out (led by Crouch) when Lowe answered Ann McMenemy asked why the photo of her husband (the only photo of him in the stadium) had been replaced by a picture of a train. Lowe answered "there was no where else to put the picture". That reply was met with considerable anger and at least half present walked out before any voting took place.

Anyone else find this as funny as I did?

I prey that Roger Fry from Barclays in Reading the clubs bank manager was at the AGM today and heard how the shareholders feel about Lowe.

Fortunately I doubt a senior bank manager will be swayed by a few nutcases ranting and raving at an AGM. It really is very sad (and childish) that people walked out of the AGM after having their own say, it is a classic sign of arrogance and insecurity in what you are saying - it is also really dumb when the votes had yet to be taken. It just shows that the club is not what's important to them, it's all about Lowe.

We all know Lowe will probably come across as a prat at these things, but the guy has to sit there and take all the abuse - was the abuse about the relegation 4 seasons ago, or simply because he's had to reduce the squad to the bare bones because of the financial situation left to him by the last board(s)? Where were these people at the last 2 AGMs when all the money was being squandered? Oh I forgot, they were sat at the front!

I can't believe the nonsense about Lawrie's picture either, come on people get a grip! A photo of the *Team* raising the cup, yes, but a picture of Lawrie in the boardroom is hardly sacrosanct. Perhaps after being the first Director to sell his "free" shares and pocket the cash, or demanding £75k pa to be ambassador, he could offer to "rent" that part of the wall if it's that important? Is there a picture of George Thomas anywhere I wonder? Or a shirt of red and white quarters?

The club is inhabited by dinosaurs, everyone is trying to live in the past. If Wilde had been there (fat chance) it wouldn't have been a bad thing to blow up the entire Itchen Suite today and start again.

So Lowe takes us down this route, employs a manager out of his depth and then sacks him, yet he carries on.

Unbelieveavble

Sadly he hasnt sacked him yet. If falling on your sword for employing a bad manager is reason to resign then there would be thoudsands of culls a week around the country.It would also mean that Jan will never lose his job as RL would not do so if it meant stepping down.

Who is stepping forward to take over by the way?

Fortunately I doubt a senior bank manager will be swayed by a few nutcases ranting and raving at an AGM. It really is very sad (and childish) that people walked out of the AGM after having their own say, it is a classic sign of arrogance and insecurity in what you are saying - it is also really dumb when the votes had yet to be taken. It just shows that the club is not what's important to them, it's all about Lowe.

We all know Lowe will probably come across as a prat at these things, but the guy has to sit there and take all the abuse - was the abuse about the relegation 4 seasons ago, or simply because he's had to reduce the squad to the bare bones because of the financial situation left to him by the last board(s)? Where were these people at the last 2 AGMs when all the money was being squandered? Oh I forgot, they were sat at the front!

I can't believe the nonsense about Lawrie's picture either, come on people get a grip! A photo of the *Team* raising the cup, yes, but a picture of Lawrie in the boardroom is hardly sacrosanct. Perhaps after being the first Director to sell his "free" shares and pocket the cash, or demanding £75k pa to be ambassador, he could offer to "rent" that part of the wall if it's that important? Is there a picture of George Thomas anywhere I wonder? Or a shirt of red and white quarters?

The club is inhabited by dinosaurs, everyone is trying to live in the past. If Wilde had been there (fat chance) it wouldn't have been a bad thing to blow up the entire Itchen Suite today and start again.

There's a lot of inaccurate re-writing of history there but your last paragraph is what everyone on this site would like to do Jonah. In fact, we'd even help you do it.

Really, if you look at the people, the issues, and the dialogue, it could have been an AGM from the Dell in 1997. The fans have moved on but the club never has.

I completely agree with um pahars. Nickh how many more mistakes does rupert has to make to make you change your'e mind. Wake up please! This is the man that recently told me that we are playing 'world class foootball'.
Roger you would know MC from your sporting connections, get her to tell us who is there to take over the reins and give us a financial lift.

I dont care who is chairman as long as the club is run on a sound financial footing.I watched as the masses cele=brated in glory last time we had our 'saviours'. All those who swore that not to worry the new people were putting fans first and no players were going to be sold. Well after the directors box was enlarged so they were more comfy it seemed to come to an abrupt end. Put forward a crefdible change and Im with you. The removal of RL would cost the club a lot of money again unless somebody buys him out.LC it is said is wealthy enough why doesnt he act, he must be able to make MW an very good offer and then he is the kingmaker.Perhaps he is all talk, who knows.

As for world class football , that is madness.

...and the winner of the 2008 Knob of the Year award goes to...(*opens envelope)...Richard Chorley!

Actually, if anything we need media coverage on Lowe's astonishing arrogance and will not get it without something like this (and perhaps not even with it) as we have become such a tinpot club now that no-one cares. The best we can hope is that someone like Martin Samuel picks up how far the club has fallen, what a plonker RL is, and how we could ever recover without the obvious sugar Daddy. Could always employ a good manager, I suppose...

Ahhh. Didums.

Did the nasty people say nasty things to Rupey Dupey?

Dry your eyes.

Actually, if anything we need media coverage on Lowe's astonishing arrogance and will not get it without something like this (and perhaps not even with it) as we have become such a tinpot club now that no-one cares. The best we can hope is that someone like Martin Samuel picks up how far the club has fallen, what a plonker RL is, and how we could ever recover without the obvious sugar Daddy. Could always employ a good manager, I suppose...

Hmm - I'm betting it's no more than 48 hours before Chorley returns to this forum (after being absent for... oooh - how long now?) expecting a sea of adoring admirers (otherwise known as "Chorleyites") that have heard all about his 'wizard prang' of lobbing coins at Rupert Lowe this morning - thus falling to their knees in front of him & worshipping him like he's some kind of super-crusader...the saviour of Southampton Football Club.

Personally - I wouldn't pizz in his mouth if his teeth were on fire...

Hmm - I'm betting it's no more than 48 hours before Chorley returns to this forum (after being absent for... oooh - how long now?) expecting a sea of adoring admirers (otherwise known as "Chorleyites") that have heard all about his 'wizard prang' of lobbing coins at Rupert Lowe this morning - thus falling to their knees in front of him & worshipping him like he's some kind of super-crusader...the saviour of Southampton Football Club.

Personally - I wouldn't pizz in his mouth if his teeth were on fire...

Thats the xmas spirit. Now send him a xmas card and tell him you did not mean it...please.

Ahhh. Didums.

Did the nasty people say nasty things to Rupey Dupey?

Dry your eyes.

Do you know posts like that are more likely to make people stiffen their resolve. Jonah is within his rights to post his opinion and to be fair much of it resounds with me as well.If you are not bright enough to debate you should keep to posting to others who can only deal in school playground jibes.

Put your points forward and then argue the point, it is more fun

One other remarkable thing that I forgot was right at the very beginning Lowe opened the meeting by reading out an anonymous letter he claimed he had got that very morning. The letter said that Lowe was doing a marvellous job in turning the club around and that he would truly save the club blah blah blah. Lowe waved around Neville Chamberlain style and I think that was the catalyst for the anger. Shareholders audibly gasped as he read it. People could not believe he had the front be so crass and self-promoting. It is my opinion Lowe handled the whole meeting very badly - if he had shown just a little humility it would have been a much better advertisement for us as a club - as it was he incited a bunch of folk who were in no mood to be patronised.

Letter sent by Sundance:)

Have you just completely misunderstood what I'm getting at? It's an immature roasting joke.

When you hear hooves, think horses, not zebra's.

'Tard.

PR Plant. You are as useless as your boss. You have a PM and it is well worth the infraction I will get. Saint 1977 1 - Rupert Lowe PR Plant 0.

Edited by saint1977

I wasnt there and so will wait for a neutral view of the procededings.All due respect some are so anti that we may not be getting a balanced view of things.

i agree that the letter was stupid and why would he think the need to read it out anyway.Did he do so in answer to criticism.

RC is RC and he did a stupid thing throwing the coins, he was rightly ejected.

Im amazed that a clever man like LM who knows the ropes got involved in the slanging.

I do not like the reply Ann McMenemy got regarding LM's picture (Iam not his greatest fan of him after he left us in the 80's) but would like him to be properly recognised.

I hope we dont have the anti Lowe songs at SMS as it will not help our young side, who are playing badlty enough at home recently.

As your "leanings" are well known on here are you waiting until someone comes up with an interpretation that you want to hear...rather than either Fact or the Truth

Was Duncan there?

Yes he was, he also asked Lowe to resign i believe, but politely !!

Be interesting to know why, when Leon Crouch wrote a cheque for £2 million a few weeks ago, and asked Wilde and Lowe to match it so they could wipe the Barclays debt, Lowe just laughed in his face wouldnt it ?

Done any fishing in Scotland lately Rupert ?

Amazing what you can get with £1 million isnt it......esp when you get your mates to put in £10 million for a prime chunk of river bank ; - )