Andros Townsend

Yorkshire Saint

I can only think u all hate townsend coz he plays for spurs and qpr under harry. He is one of the brightest talents in england

He'd be a decent addition for us, but if he's one of the brightest talents in England then we've never been further away from international success.

He'd be a decent addition for us, but if he's one of the brightest talents in England then we've never been further away from international success.

I'm going to Wembley on Wednesday and am expecting to be shocked at the dearth of available talent...

If we get Mane, we won't want Townsend.

Pretty sure there won't be any major outgoings tomorrow. Biggest possibility is probably Boruc I'd have thought.

As Koeman said, the squad is already too small - and that was before Tadier lost his head!

If we get Mane, we won't want Townsend.

Pretty sure there won't be any major outgoings tomorrow. Biggest possibility is probably Boruc I'd have thought.

As Koeman said, the squad is already too small - and that was before Tadier lost his head!

I don't think we will either - I wonder if Jay has told the club he won't sign a new deal?

That will force our arm at some point - Probably not tomorrow, but soon.

No way we will sell j rod

A bold statement. What if his return from injury looks like taking longer than expected? Or a return to full fitness could be off the cards entirely? ACL injuries are notoriously difficult, maybe the management might want a player we can use now rather than waiting until next year for a hopefully fit Jay Rod. He might come back stronger than ever, equally he might never be quite the same player again.

A bold statement. What if his return from injury looks like taking longer than expected? Or a return to full fitness could be off the cards entirely? ACL injuries are notoriously difficult, maybe the management might want a player we can use now rather than waiting until next year for a hopefully fit Jay Rod. He might come back stronger than ever, equally he might never be quite the same player again.

Trust me, his recovery has gone way better than expected. His injury is 100% sorted, just a case of fitness build up. He'll be back in a matter of weeks, not months. I'm somewhat ITK on this.

And Spurs wouldn't bid for a player there were doubts over, they're also full aware of his full recovery.

Townsend was/is a leading target for us. Rightly or wrongly

If (if) saints have offered Jay a contract and he's made it 100% clear that he wont sign, perhaps we should look to do a deal?

Would be gutted, but we want Andros and if Jay doesnt want to stay.......

If (if) saints have offered Jay a contract and he's made it 100% clear that he wont sign, perhaps we should look to do a deal?

And what is Andros doesn't overly want to leave and/or join Saints?

We've moved on from Townsend. What you don't do us promise you won't sell someone this window and then let him go as Adam Blackmore just said. You seem behind the times mate. Should use twitter.

And what is Andros doesn't overly want to leave and/or join Saints?

Yeah good point. No point trading one player who doesnt want to be here for another.

I much prefer the scenario where we keep Jay, he signs a new contract and we sign Toby + Mane or Redmond

But we dont live in a perfect world and in my time supporting SFC it seems there is never pleasure without some pain

Like Roger says, we said we wont sell anymore so i guess this is all moot

Yes, of course you're right, but it depends on the type of footballer and the club they're at. A family man will see life differently from a young lad out on the town occasionally, and most of a footballer's working time is spent at the club's training ground. The Millwall captain, for example, has just moved next to my sister in Broxbourne and a lot of the Tottenham players have traditionally lived near them. And don't underestimate the influence of a player's wife on her husband's decision as to where to get a transfer to, Kelvin Davis was very keen to stay here because his wife liked the area and was settled, or so I hear.

I don't suppose young Townsend fits into the family man category but I may do him a disservice.

I'm enjoying this post ....yes does depend on the individual....but young single guys, with say 40K-50K /week and a Porsche (or two) ...surely don't stay at home to watch EastEnders so often.

Yes...lots of (daytime) activity with training ..but surely more diversions / interests in London than in So'ton in the evenings for this type of person, unless he finds a girl / boy friend (?) locally.

As for the " type of club " ...it surely depends on their club's social image. I think the " danger area " for that is North London clubs.

I've met many fans over the years, I've changed my mind (positively) about Arsenal under Wenger's reign as manager, but (sadly) many Spurs fans are no less egotistical than I recall from 40 years ago.

Many of them still "glory" in past successes that their grandfathers have told them about. Whilst Spurs (read Daniel Levy) continue to change managers every season, they will lack consistancy, too.

My generation enjoyed the FIRST promotion (1966)...and later the McMenemy era, but whilst still vivid in my memory ...to today's generation ...it's merely memories from a dusty old history book.

Didn't sky break the news last week about us making a 2nd bid ''according to sky sources'' ?

and then quite oddly, later in the day, according to sky sources, we hadn't made a 2nd bid.

For what it's worth, today will be awash with bull****. So I'm sure we'll still have an hour or so to endure whereby we start seeing increasing reports that Morgan or Jay are off, when in fact they aren't.

Why did David Craig say live on SSN at 10:34 that Saints had made a £15m bid? Sky's left hand doesn't know what their right hand is doing.

Oh does that mean he is leaving? Bids can't be rejected?

Tell your bosses thanks for sponsoring today, should help pay the wages.

Why did David Craig say live on SSN at 10:34 today that Saints had made a 3rd bid of £15m bid? Sky's left hand doesn't know what their right hand is doing.

I assume Craig is just reporting what he's been told/leaked by Spurs, rather than actually checking whether it's factual or not. Top top reporting :adore:

Improved offer FROM Spurs, apparently. They want Jay Rod for cash and Townsend. - I wouldn't be too worried by that.

According to reports, it is £14 million + Townsend for Rodriguez and therefore £26 million valuation for Rodriguez, which is deemed to be an obscene amount for a player who wouldn't pass a medical at the moment.

According to reports, it is £14 million + Townsend for Rodriguez and therefore £26 million valuation for Rodriguez, which is deemed to be an obscene amount for a player who wouldn't pass a medical at the moment.

I agree. It's a gamble on spurs' part. - He may never be the same player, he may also now be in and out of fitness for the rest of his career. All I hope is that we have a back-up striker in mind to replace him.

• 4 weeks later...

Quite what Daniel Levy, a man never shy of robbing opposing chairmen blind (he should have 'turned a profit on Mido' tattooed on his chest then written on his headstone), was thinking when he turned down a reported £12m bid from Southampton this summer, isn't clear. Bullet dodged by the wily Saints, there.

http://www.football365.com/profile365/9487866/Profile365