Andros Townsend

Yorkshire Saint

SSN now saying that Townsend "isn't for sale at any price" and that we didn't make a 2nd bid.

This somewhat contradicts their headline yesterday that we had and you wonder how those wonderful "Sky Sport Sources" could make such a fundamental mistake? Surely, they didn't make it up and why didn't that annoying little slaphead, who stands in front of the screen wan king himself off everytime a transfer is alleged, didn't apologise for getting it so wrong.

God, I'm bored!!

SSN now saying that Townsend "isn't for sale at any price" and that we didn't make a 2nd bid.

This somewhat contradicts their headline yesterday that we had and you wonder how those wonderful "Sky Sport Sources" could make such a fundamental mistake? Surely, they didn't make it up and why didn't that annoying little slaphead, who stands in front of the screen wan king himself off everytime a transfer is alleged, didn't apologise for getting it so wrong.

God, I'm bored!!

Ah but it said Townsend was very upset being left out of the 18man squad. He will be squeezed out if they can trump up a deal.

Don't Spurs (and us) have to name a final squad shortly?

If AT is not in that he can fight for his place as much as he wants, he won't play.

I would think Townsend is not mentally ready to step down to fully signing for a Saints/QPR/whoever. In denial that he isn't a megastar.

So he'll probably end up shipped off on loan.

That happens after the summer transfer window closes.

If AT is not in that he can fight for his place as much as he wants, he won't play.

I would think Townsend is not mentally ready to step down to fully signing for a Saints/QPR/whoever. In denial that he isn't a megastar.

Once September comes his only real loan option would be to the Championship. I can't see him being keen on that.

That happens after the summer transfer window closes.

Once September comes his only real loan option would be to the Championship. I can't see him being keen on that.

We have Bertrand on loan from a Premier league club.

Spurs can loan him up to deadline day, no?

Depends how they're fixed on home grown players I expect. Don't know enough about their squad to say really. They have a lot of imports that's for sure. They can only name 25 and if they do at least 8 have to be HG. Let's see, Walker,Naughton,Rose,Dawson,Lennon,Davies all certainly count as home grown as does Townsend of course, Dier might still be on the U21 list not certain of his exact age, same with Kane but most of the rest aren't HG and they can only name 17 of those if they're over 21 last January (I think)

Edited by Window Cleaner

I'm thinking that Dawson, Lennon will not be in the managers plans.

Highly likely so that reduces their HG quota even more, they really do have too many imports, probably why Morgan and JRod seem so important to them actually. They could probably get equal and for less but with their armada of imports they couldn't use them without shipping out a few of the ones that they have.

Good job they've asked us to judge them on 1Sep then when we will know whether Morgan (& perhaps even Jay Rod) are Saints.

Then we will know if we can trust the Board.

I don't trust Katharina, Ralph The Ruthless, Les Weed, or any of the Board, full stop

All that has gone on HAS been sanctioned from the TOP ie Scneiderlin is under the same Football Player contract as was Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Lambert., yet they were ALL allowed to go without a whimper

All Ralph is trying to do is calm the fans unrest. It aint gonna work Ralph. This is Football, nothing like Canadian Ice Hockey

Come January and the whole Roundabout starts up again

I don't trust Katharina, Ralph The Ruthless, Les Weed, or any of the Board, full stop

All that has gone on HAS been sanctioned from the TOP ie Scneiderlin is under the same Football Player contract as was Shaw, Lallana, Lovren and Lambert., yet they were ALL allowed to go without a whimper

All Ralph is trying to do is calm the fans unrest. It aint gonna work Ralph. This is Football, nothing like Canadian Ice Hockey

I think you see everything as a roundabout all the time you swivel eyed nutcase.

You could save yourself so much grief by just supporting Spurs.

If we get Clasie & Alderweireld then i wouldnt be surprised to see a 10 million + Townsend bid accepted by Saints on Deadline day

That would be excellent business to end the summer window. If Morgan still doesn't believe in what's going on here, then let the lad go and move on. We've still got a pretty damn good midfield without him - e.g. Cork and Big Vic looked very good together last season. IF Clasie came in also, our midfield would be extremely strong with Davis, JWP, Reed etc.

Just going off what you read in the papers, it seems getting Townsend depends on us doing a deal for Morgan.

What would you do?

Would you rather keep Morgan and get Redmond, or do a deal for Morgan to get Townsend. Which will mean needing a replacement for Morgan. More so with cork basically not being wanted too much????

The club would lose all trust of the supporters if they sold Morgan. e.

You don't speak for me wade .

Ps I don't want towsend at the club fir three reasons . I don't want any spuds players -and secondly if he no good for them then he is no good for us , finally I don't want any if pooches cast offs

Just going off what you read in the papers, it seems getting Townsend depends on us doing a deal for Morgan.

What would you do?

Would you rather keep Morgan and get Redmond, or do a deal for Morgan to get Townsend. Which will mean needing a replacement for Morgan. More so with cork basically not being wanted too much????

Cork , Davis and JWP don't have the ability to switch play like Morgan. All of them are good at moving it 10 to 20 yards but the time it takes to make 2 20 yards passes gives defences much more time to regroup. Sunderland away in the cup was a good illustration of how the tempo drops when Morgan isn't playing.

Added to that Morgan has scored at least as many goals as all three of them put together over the past two seasons. And Morgan is a much better tackler.

George Thorne at WBA( Derby on loan last year) is a much better Morgan replacement than anyone we have on our books at the moment.

You don't speak for me wade .

Ps I don't want towsend at the club fir three reasons . I don't want any spuds players -and secondly if he no good for them then he is no good for us , finally I don't want any if pooches cast offs

Perhaps I worded my post a little clumsily. The club would lose trust from its paying customers if they sold Morgan. Ralph was so unequivocal that he would have to leave if Morgan went.

I wasn't trying to speak for everyone.

What would you do?

I would try to keep Morgan at any cost (not sure how likely this is in terms of his willingness to play for us). In my opinion he's one of the best DM's in the PL - http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/0zjpl5_xskqsimmppnff2q/Show/Player-Focus-Few-Midfielders-Can-Offer-More-Than-Schneiderlin

Can't help but think we're looking at the wrong guy here. I think Townsend isn't the player Lennon is, or at least would not be able to supply the kind of raw pace we need that Lennon could. But both are big time charlies who would sulk even more than Schneiderlin. The answer is to let Schniederlin go for £25m and get Clasie in, alongside Toby A in defence and AN Other zippy winger. Possibly.

Can't help but think we're looking at the wrong guy here. I think Townsend isn't the player Lennon is, or at least would not be able to supply the kind of raw pace we need that Lennon could. But both are big time charlies who would sulk even more than Schneiderlin. The answer is to let Schniederlin go for £25m and get Clasie in, alongside Toby A in defence and AN Other zippy winger. Possibly.

I would see Clasie as more of a replacement for Davis, Ward-Prowse or Ramirez than Morgan.

IF ...this deal comes off, I hope that Les & Co. can see something in him that I can't.

Yes he has speed, and every player scores one or two " classy goals " at one time or another (even Frannie Benali :lol:) but (like RL) he seems to have made his reputation on a couple of good apps. in two high profile internationals. I don't see him as a 90 minute threat in every Prem. game.......so why are we talking £10-12 million for someone who isn't even a regular at his own club?

I only hope that we can find a suitable alternative, as I'd hate to be " beholdin' " to Spuds for anything. As a London lad, he won't like the South Coast.

IF ...this deal comes off, I hope that Les & Co. can see something in him that I can't.

Yes he has speed, and every player scores one or two " classy goals " at one time or another (even Frannie Benali :lol:) but (like RL) he seems to have made his reputation on a couple of good apps. in two high profile internationals. I don't see him as a 90 minute threat in every Prem. game.......so why are we talking £10-12 million for someone who isn't even a regular at his own club?

I only hope that we can find a suitable alternative, as I'd hate to be " beholdin' " to Spuds for anything. As a London lad, he won't like the South Coast.

I am and I do. I was born within kicking distance of White Hart Lane.

I am and I do. I was born within kicking distance of White Hart Lane.

I was thinking (primarily) of footballers. The social scene in Southampton doesn't really compare very well with " high life " in the capital - does it ?

Thinking back over the last 50+ years as a fan, I find it hard to recall even a handful of players who moved down to So'ton..and stayed any length of time.

I am still completely at a loss as to why we'd even want to sign Townsend, never mind considering losing Schneiderlin in order to achieve it. I mean he's better than Isgrove, but then I think Josh Sims is as well...

He is looking for options, Im pretty comfortable with the idea that Andros could perform better than he has shown in a Spurs shirt. Whether the price is large is redundant really, its pretty much the going rate for an englishman with an england cap.

Id wholeheartedly agree however that if the discussion in any way involves Morgan (with the exception of saying he isnt for sale) then we are crazy. There are other teams out there who would take 12-15m for a reasonable winger

He is looking for options, Im pretty comfortable with the idea that Andros could perform better than he has shown in a Spurs shirt. Whether the price is large is redundant really, its pretty much the going rate for an englishman with an england cap.

Id wholeheartedly agree however that if the discussion in any way involves Morgan (with the exception of saying he isnt for sale) then we are crazy. There are other teams out there who would take 12-15m for a reasonable winger

I would bloody hope he can be better than he has been so far, one goal per 50 shots and nothing resembling the ability to beat people most of the time doesn't impress me much. I'd rather we bought someone else for that kind of money...

I thought it was stated recently that no transaction for Townsend would involve MS going the other way. Why the Guardian have suddenly decided to discount that and run their latest story I just couldn't say. Townsend and MS have always been linked as far as Spurs are concerned no doubt. If we don't give way neither will they, we've said we definitely won't so can't see why anyone would think we actually will. The loss of face would be too great for too many people. If it should actually happen then it must be because of some other reason.

I was thinking (primarily) of footballers. The social scene in Southampton doesn't really compare very well with " high life " in the capital - does it ?

Thinking back over the last 50+ years as a fan, I find it hard to recall even a handful of players who moved down to So'ton..and stayed any length of time.

Yes, of course you're right, but it depends on the type of footballer and the club they're at. A family man will see life differently from a young lad out on the town occasionally, and most of a footballer's working time is spent at the club's training ground. The Millwall captain, for example, has just moved next to my sister in Broxbourne and a lot of the Tottenham players have traditionally lived near them. And don't underestimate the influence of a player's wife on her husband's decision as to where to get a transfer to, Kelvin Davis was very keen to stay here because his wife liked the area and was settled, or so I hear.

I don't suppose young Townsend fits into the family man category but I may do him a disservice.

Fonte. Clyne. Neil Heany. Neil Shipps