Artur Boruc Instagram

Delboy Dave

Boruc neess to think about some of the howlers he made last season before getting upset about being edged out. You cant do that in the Premiership. I would like him to stay and fight for his place but if he wants out it is no major loss - would like to see a new no 2 in though.

Boruc neess to think about some of the howlers he made last season before getting upset about being edged out. You cant do that in the Premiership. I would like him to stay and fight for his place but if he wants out it is no major loss - would like to see a new no 2 in though.

The mistake at the Emirates was a big one, the Stoke one was in part due to the wind. Apart from those two what were the "howlers" last season? He has earned Saints a lot more points than he lost them in the last two seasons.

Very true, and at this stage players will know who is interested and its in their interest to hold out, see who else comes in for them, and how high the money goes.

I also know that it oftens happens every year that business is done late and desparately.

I guess I just thought that in May and June when it became clear we would let 5 or 6 of our best players leave for lots of money, that we might have a good plan in place to replace them.

Reed talks of succession planning of players in certain positions, scouting and recruitment teams, targets being very keen to join us, and a calmness within the club.

From the outside the perception is different.

Despite having all summer (and the whole of 2014) to plan our approach we may well end up with a no 2 keeper who has proven himself poor in the PL and is 38.

The fact we are just "seeing what happens" with Boruc I can partly understand and partly find it mental. If we sell him then Davis will be our no 2. If we keep him then Boruc will be. Thats quite a massive difference in quality between the two scenarios yet we are happy to just "see what happens" and ultimately, we are not in control of the outcome. Quite bizarre.

When Forster inevitably picks up a knock and misses a game the reaction here will be the same as the last two years of watching the hilariously hapless Gazzaniga and an ageing Davis.

Its almost like they didnt think Boruc would be annoyed, or hadn't even considered it. We have spend £10m on a goalkeeper and quite possibly (if Boruc goes) havent even strengthened overall in the position!

Why do you talk as if the worst-case scenario is so likely to happen?

Why will Forster 'inevitably' pick up a knock?

Its almost like they didnt think Boruc would be annoyed, or hadn't even considered it. We have spend £10m on a goalkeeper and quite possibly (if Boruc goes) havent even strengthened overall in the position!

realistically, Charlie, which GK is going to come here to be second string that you would consider good enough? I can't think of any

realistically, Charlie, which GK is going to come here to be second string that you would consider good enough? I can't think of any

McCarthy is going to QPR. They already have Green so one of them will be a no2.

In addition Given, Jussi J, Pantilimon or Mannone will be no 2 keepers for teams we would be expecting to finish above - all are considerably better than our backup if Boruc goes.

He was linked with Cagliari. Almunia had a medical there, failed due to a heart problem (and promptly retired at the age of 37). Strange that they seemed to prefer Almunia over Boruc. Maybe they will come back in for him. Maybe he will stay.

He was linked with Cagliari. Almunia had a medical there, failed due to a heart problem (and promptly retired at the age of 37). Strange that they seemed to prefer Almunia over Boruc. Maybe they will come back in for him. Maybe he will stay.

Maybe because he was not available till Forster arrived or still is not depending who you talk to at club

Maybe because he was not available till Forster arrived or still is not depending who you talk to at club

That sounds pretty close. The club are not looking for another GK so they say, which unless Artur is staying is pretty stupid.

Probably. Gazza played at home to Man City and we drew 1-1. Just have to get on with it. He might improve, he might be sh1t, but it doesn't mean certain defeat.

When you have ample opportunity to change it, why should you just get on with it? The whole point of evolving as a team is identifying the weaknesses and resolving them.

GK backup was probably our biggest weakness last season. Should have been sorted. We can only hope nobody comes in for Boruc.

When you have ample opportunity to change it, why should you just get on with it? The whole point of evolving as a team is identifying the weaknesses and resolving them.

GK backup was probably our biggest weakness last season. Should have been sorted. We can only hope nobody comes in for Boruc.

It was sorted.....was the club meant to preempt the fact that Boruc was going to thrown his toys out of the pram and not prepared to have competition and back his talent? Are we meant to sign cover for every position then just in case some poor little soul doesnt want anyone to take their place?

We bought in the England goalkeeping coach, we signed a very promising keeper from Torquay into the academy we are addressing this, we have 2 other decent keepers in the u18 side.

Of course they should have known how Boruc would react. That is basic management of the situation. Koeman said himself he completely understood Boruc's situation. Hardly a huge shock than an Intl keeper doesnt want to be a no 2.

The fact we signed a 15 year old from Torquay is irrelevant because hw won't be first team ready, if at all, for at least 6 years.

Watson a great addition and probably helped us get Forster, but he isn't going to improve Davis.

Im in shock.

someone see's some common sense.

Sick reading Boruc threw his toys out his pram because he has ambition and doesn't want to sit on saints bench. Its called having ambition not having a tantrum. And a few will also see it was his position to loose and forsters to earn but the 10 million price tag and promise of number 1 spot is why he is at club.

The bottom line here is Boruc may want to leave but are club willing to sell him? Or keep an un happy player cause it suits them with this particular player

Im in shock.

Sick reading Boruc threw his toys out his pram because he has ambition and doesn't want to sit on saints bench. Its called having ambition not having a tantrum. And a few will also see it was his position to loose and forsters to earn but the 10 million price tag and promise of number 1 spot is why he is at club.

The bottom line here is Boruc may want to leave but are club willing to sell him? Or keep an un happy player cause it suits them with this particular player

Having ambition is either fighting to get your place back or putting in a transfer request. Having a tantrum is sending stupid messages on social media and refusing to play or sit on the bench for the club that pays your wages.

Having ambition is either fighting to get your place back or putting in a transfer request. Having a tantrum is sending stupid messages on social media and refusing to play or sit on the bench for the club that pays your wages.

Since when?

Social media should be banned by clubs far as im concerned

Im in shock.

Hmmm. This won't help the credability of my post. Even though most of that is true apart from the Instgram stuff was very unprofessional.

Im in shock.

It does appear that Boruc has thrown his toys out of the pram though, which does make hima bit of a ***t I'm afraid.

Im in shock.

Whilst unfortunate I think Boruc is one of those that you wont get away with a hard stance of no, I get the impression he'll just not play and go on a vodka fuelled bender.

Its a shame really, the situation could probably have been handled better but ultimately it comes down to two things;

1. Was it the only way to get Forster in ? To be No.1 ? Probably

2. Was Boruc' preseason aptitude good enough ? Its concievable he couldnt be bothered.

I wont get into previous outgoing policy, realistically we should have acted with more backbone, regardless of unhappy players we shouldnt have let the number we did go, its naive.

It does appear that Boruc has thrown his toys out of the pram though, which does make hima bit of a ***t I'm afraid.

I can't agree with the social media stuff that got posted. I don't think players should be allowed to use it or carpeted for things they post.

But i won't ever agree any player not being happy to sit on a bench and voicing that is ever bad for a football club especially when things go down in certain ways that could have been managed better

I can't agree with the social media stuff that got posted. I don't think players should be allowed to use it or carpeted for things they post.

But i won't ever agree any player not being happy to sit on a bench and voicing that is ever bad for a football club especially when things go down in certain ways that could have been managed better

Nobody is suggesting he should be happy.

Some of us might say that it was managed OK, and that we've ended up with a stronger team, and nobody has been disadvantaged.

The mistake at the Emirates was a big one, the Stoke one was in part due to the wind. Apart from those two what were the "howlers" last season? He has earned Saints a lot more points than he lost them in the last two seasons.

Agreed, Arsenal was terrible but... Sometimes if you warn keepers to not hit it long they make stupid decisions. And yes, Stoke was a freak goal really.

Apart from that I think he has been excellent. And right now I dont see him being much worse then Forster if at all. As much as its the right decision to have your 10m GK as no 1 I think ultimately not phasing his takeover was a bit of a pr disaster. It wouldnt have hurt at all to allow Forster to 'win' his position, regardless of the discussion we had with him to bring him here

Who has suggested he has to be happy with sitting on the bench? A lot of players aren't, what does that have to do with anything?

Since when?

Social media should be banned by clubs far as im concerned

I was giving the difference between showing ambition and throwing a tantrum. I dont know if he resused to sit on the bench but something clearly happened as he wasnt the no 2 keeper. You seem to have a thing about Artur?

I agree in principle but his overall form waned towards the end of the season as well.

The equaliser away at Sunderland that went in at his near post was poor. Plus Norwich's second goal in the 4-2 where he couldn't hold it/couldn't push it away enough to stop the rebound spring to mind.

Shame because he's always had the ability to be a keeper at the very, very top level. Not long ago I remember him being linked with Barcelona when they were at their peak. A mix of eccentricity and lack of consistency has always been his downfall, but he'd be a great backup if we can persuade him to stay.

I was giving the difference between showing ambition and throwing a tantrum. I dont know if he resused to sit on the bench but something clearly happened as he wasnt the no 2 keeper. You seem to have a thing about Artur?

Koeman wasn't happy he wanted a move and not to sit on bench so he was told he wouldn't be involved in squads till his foreseeable future was addressed

Koeman wasn't happy he wanted a move and not to sit on bench so he was told he wouldn't be involved in squads till his foreseeable future was addressed

Yep, he did say that although I think it was until the end of the transfer window.

In fact Koeman says a lot of things of which few seem to take much notice.

Not being happy to sit on the bench - fair does. or rather good. Nor should he. He should work his hardest and when the opportunity comes, grab it with both hands. I am sure that he is contracted to train and play when chosen and to sit it out when he isn't. If he wants out, RK has said he can go, although you seem to allude to the fact that he isn't being allowed to go. It sounds like we want a transfer fee for him, that others aren't prepared to meet. People might think this wrong seeing as we picked him up when he was unemployed, but that would be wrong, as the transfer fee and wages are taken into consideration.

Fair enough to me. If he wants to leave, why should he take the place of someone who doesn't? It might be harsh in some people's eyes, but it is a pragmatic approach.

I dont have a problem with players not being happy about decisions but these things should be kept behind closed doors. I am sure the Ferguson/Beckham situations happen more than occasionally but I am also sure that they are kept in the club as much as possible. Players now seem to think it is perfectly ok to tell tales through Twitter or whatever. Its not.

Fair enough to me. If he wants to leave, why should he take the place of someone who doesn't? It might be harsh in some people's eyes, but it is a pragmatic approach.

The manager should want the best of what is available on pitch and bench. A freak accident could happen at any time

So he is quite happy to be No2 and play for the No 1 jersey until such time as he can get a transfer? Seems reasonable to me if that is the case.

Irene. Give me a straight answer. Is Artur still being paid in accordance with his contract? If he isn't, fair enough, leave. If he is and he is taking his money then he has an obligation to honour his contract and formally hand in a written transfer request.

I bet there is nothing in his contract that guarantees him the place on the team. His contract runs out next summer, leave then or before by agreement but until then honour it.

So he is quite happy to be No2 and play for the No 1 jersey until such time as he can get a transfer? Seems reasonable to me if that is the case.

Sure he's "delighted" to sit on saints bench which has just cost him his number 1 spot for Poland as he isn't playing here

Irene. Give me a straight answer. Is Artur still being paid in accordance with his contract? If he isn't, fair enough, leave. If he is and he is taking his money then he has an obligation to honour his contract and formally hand in a written transfer request.

I bet there is nothing in his contract that guarantees him the place on the team. His contract runs out next summer, leave then or before by agreement but until then honour it.

Sure he is counting down days till it's up

Couldn't have put it better myself!