More great news - Garmin Become Official Partner

Turkish

Best thing about the Garmin press release (http://garmin.blogs.com/ukpr/2014/08/garmin-teams-up-with-southampton-football-club.html#.U-3rTMVdXTp) is the "Notice on forward-looking statements"...

I think Saints should attach this to the bottom of all interviews and statements from now on, especially those with Les Reed.

This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Southampton Football Club (SFC) and its business. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting SFC, including, but not limited to, injuries, player tantrums, refereeing mistakes, Board incompetence, failure to have a Plan B, Boruc going walkies with the ball, Yoshida getting caught out of position, fans moaning and the kit not being stripey. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and SFC undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.

Being thick but how does this work when Veho are our main sponsors ?

I would assume that there's no crossover in the product ranges (i.e. Veho don't make satnavs), and even if there was, it's just a form of advertising, free money for the club.

Being thick but how does this work when Veho are our main sponsors ?

You know like when you see all those knob head footballers before a game on sky getting off the team bus wearing massive headphones and not even glancing at the cameras following them? Them headphones will be Veho when it's our players

You know if the player manages to find his way to the dressing room without getting lost? That's because of Garmin.

I would assume that there's no crossover in the product ranges (i.e. Veho don't make satnavs), and even if there was, it's just a form of advertising, free money for the club.

Ok, presumably then Garmin will advertise around the ground but Veho gets the shirt advertising and around the ground as well.

You know like when you see all those knob head footballers before a game on sky getting off the team bus wearing massive headphones and not even glancing at the cameras following them? Them headphones will be Veho when it's our players

You know if the player manages to find his way to the dressing room without getting lost? That's because of Garmin.

Did make me laugh, good job we're not sponsored by Tampax!

And they'll get there on time thanks to time-keeping pieces by Eterna.

Pre-programmed with Championship grounds for potential future-proofing, locations of players houses for the benefit of agents, burglars or Brendan Rogers (real time in/out info to be provided by Essruu).

Pre-order customers will receive a code to download the "Ralph Krueger's: Where the f**k am I, and what the f**k do I do here?" app.

If I am honest, and following on from the commercial ineptitude thread, this is the sort of main sponsor that I would far rather have. Just a very quick look on line shows that their revenuefor FY2011 was USD 2.76 billion. For them, I am sure that they could tie in the marine aspect of the area with their products. So win all round.

Garmin is a Kansas based company - thier UK warehouse in is Totton.

A much better marine partner would be Raymarine, who have thier R&D based in Park Gate, just down the road - even it is is a PO postcode :-/

I wonder if Saints want an offical marine partner...

Do people not understand that any hopes of competing regularly in Europe are dependent on increased revenue relative to the rest of the league which means increase commercial revenue, increased ticket prices, an expanded (sold out) stadium, or highly lucrative preseason friendlies. Given that Garmin is in this for the favorable publicity, mocking them is counter productive.

Do people not understand that any hopes of competing regularly in Europe are dependent on increased revenue relative to the rest of the league which means increase commercial revenue, increased ticket prices, an expanded (sold out) stadium, or highly lucrative preseason friendlies. Given that Garmin is in this for the favorable publicity, mocking them is counter productive.

You haven't quite grasped the personality of these fine pages yet my friend, it's a schizophrenic, glass half full, glass half empty, optimistic, cynical, euphoric, depressed, happy, confused.

Most of us have figured out this summer that FFP has kicked the steps away for a new face to dare challenge for the title on a level playing field, and that these kind of deals help to build our own set of steps.

The personality of this thread has been playful, which normally equates to the majority being happy with the new partnership. And in reality the comments on these pages are made by a very tiny minority of the Saints fan base.

Still if Garmin are reading this, any chance of actually answering my technical question that you promised to answer by 2 days ago? :D

Garmin is a Kansas based company - thier UK warehouse in is Totton.

A much better marine partner would be Raymarine, who have thier R&D based in Park Gate, just down the road - even it is is a PO postcode :-/

I wonder if Saints want an offical marine partner...

It is their European HQ actually which includes sales and marketing not just warehouse and contributes about half of the company revenue.

Garmin is one of the world leaders in aviation navigation systems, has been pretty much since the advent of GPS's. They make full-blown glass cockpit systems for a range of current private jets.

They're not a mickey mouse company like Tom Tom.

I dont see any mocking of Garmin, just banter. Cant see why anyone would mock Garmin coming onboard, good news all round.