Solly March.

Roger

Tbh I would rather see another right back.

I can't work out if we have a major problem in that position or if new players need time to get used to the PL however it's costing us points and I would. Rather we just signed a player who play the position every week and have done with it

Tbh I would rather see another right back.

I can't work out if we have a major problem in that position or if new players need time to get used to the PL however it's costing us points and I would. Rather we just signed a player who play the position every week and have done with it

Yes indeed. And a settled back four. This constant changing does our defence no good at all.

Yes indeed. And a settled back four. This constant changing does our defence no good at all.

This is crucial. All successful teams have a consistent back 4. You can tinker all day long in midfield and up front but changing the back four for tactical reasons doesn't really work.

This is crucial. All successful teams have a consistent back 4. You can tinker all day long in midfield and up front but changing the back four for tactical reasons doesn't really work.

I think it's more a split between defensive and attacking positions - it's not really a surprise that Wanyama/Romeu didn't work on Saturday when it's been ages since they played alongside each other for any amount of time.

Well, that confirms Mane is off.

Mane is almost certainly going to leave at the end of this season unless he gets seriously injured or suffers the kind of dip in form that makes no-one interested in buying him - and we'll have been planning for that since before we even signed him.

I'm not sure why a half-baked rumour would have any relevance whatsoever about his leaving or not, we will have probably 30 possible targets for every single position planned over the course of the next 5 years or so for a variety of scenarios and successes - our level of organisation in this area is one of the reasons we've been successful in the transfer market and on the pitch.

Brighton are losing over £10m each and every year since moving to their new ground, and are over 150m in debt. They need promotion to the PL and the serious money that brings, a few million from Saints isn't any good to them if it in any way damages their chances of promotion.

I get the sentiment, but Saints needed a full team when Potty Chino left, but that didn't stop half the team going. What a club needs and what happens ain't the same thing.

You really continue to demonstrate your ****ishness. Can't deal with anything thats remotely critical of the current set up, even when the facts are demonstrably true. Just continue to believe everything in the garden is rosy.

What are you blathering about? I'm happy to criticise where appropriate.

I'm also happy to call out your fantasy land nonsense about Poch and Koeman and young players.

Don't talk to me about "demonstrably true facts" when your threshold for Pochettino "young players" while at Saints is around 24 but your threshold for Koeman "young players" is 21.and under. Awfully convenient for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for giving young talented players a chance but right now we need experienced players that are proven in the premier league that's the only way out of the mire we are in, we've taken too many gambles on cheap unproven signings in the vague hope that they will prove to be good, with the exception of VVD & perhaps cedric has good potential our signings have been rubbish

Out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35111789

Yet another young player with a f**ked knee. With the pace and style of the modern game, we're really going to have to start looking the players better or be more intelligent about how they train. Someone with pace, with a bust knee, won't return to the full promise he showed.

Yet another young player with a f**ked knee. With the pace and style of the modern game, we're really going to have to start looking the players better or be more intelligent about how they train. Someone with pace, with a bust knee, won't return to the full promise he showed.

When an injury like this happens you can understand players leaving clubs for the money, one injury and now it may never happen for the lad, you never know what is round the corner.