Food/drink prepayment points

The9

So does the leaflet (didn't see any in Northam) say that bit about "grab your receipt"? That would then be in line with the "Step 4½" approach, you can have the PassBook but still need to Scan at the ground to get the paper receipt (as opposed to the "bring your own email on paper" option).

This is what came with my match tickets for West Brom.

qJacker.jpg

That's the one!

Does the qjacker thing mean that we will be able to get the internet inside the ground? If not, how else do you order as I am sure that you aren't supposed to do it pre-match - or are you?

That was my first thought. Can't get a signal inside the stadium, perhaps they might install WiFi?

Does kind of defeat the object:

@Bridgey1982 fully understand. The concept of qjacker is all about pre order and therefore not reliant on in stadia connectivity.

^ was a tweet sent by qjacker.

I like the concept, but think the network infrastructure needs work inside SMS for this to be fully useful

You still have the human factor at the point of collection, how many times have you said "I would like X Y & Z" then whilst you can see for yourself the location of said products the folks behind the counter are scurrying around like Mice in a room where a cat has been let in, for this to work successfully you have to have a good degree of intelligence to process the order in the time from scan to collection.

Not someone who's first day started at 12:00 and after 10 minutes of training is left to fend for themselves........... It will be very interesting to hear the results on here after the WBA game.

Great idea .

4 of us take turns to buy a round ,means one of us missing at least 5 mins of a game .

They have a card system at Bayern Munich ,which is topped up inside and outside of stadium ,so no cash used at kiosk or portable beer sellers ,that is really quick service .

The system being proposed is an improvement from previous set up .

@Bridgey1982 fully understand. The concept of qjacker is all about pre order and therefore not reliant on in stadia connectivity.

I like the concept, but think the network infrastructure needs work inside SMS for this to be fully useful

See, I don't see it as defeating the object, for creatures of habit like Dad and myself it's ideal. Order our half time drinks a day beforehand, go down at half time, beat the queue, miss less of the game.

Colin, I guess then that it will be ideal for you. Me, I have no idea whether I will feel like a cuppa at half time or not until the time comes. Certainly, as I go to SMS to watch the footie, I do not set off at 40 minutes like some do, to get ahead of the queue. So by the time I get down from the top of the stand, queue up, order something etc, the whole of half time has gone and the 2nd half has started so there seems little point bothering in the first place. Of course the days of bringing in a thermos are long gone - it's a dangerous weapon now!

You still have the human factor at the point of collection, how many times have you said "I would like X Y & Z" then whilst you can see for yourself the location of said products the folks behind the counter are scurrying around like Mice in a room where a cat has been let in, for this to work successfully you have to have a good degree of intelligence to process the order in the time from scan to collection.

Not someone who's first day started at 12:00 and after 10 minutes of training is left to fend for themselves........... It will be very interesting to hear the results on here after the WBA game.

I went to Reading v Newport County last night, their level of incompetence behind the till in the away end was something to behold.

Pre-half time, wanted to buy one hot chocolate. Walk up straight to the till, person turns around and starts filling plastic pint glasses for half time beers (about 8 other people were already doing that). Someone else walks up further down, some bloke turns around and serves them immediately. I'm already annoyed by this point...

...anyway, ten seconds later someone else spots that I'm waiting to be served and rolls up. Says something, so quietly I can't hear, I ask them to repeat themselves, they've just said something like "what would you like?" which is pretty obvious, but I'm half expecting "we can't serve you for no apparent reason". Anyway, game is still going on and I'm in a hurry, every second counts and all that.

"I'd like a hot chocolate please"

"mumblemumblesomethinginaudible"

"Sorry?"

"I said what did you say?"

"Hot chocolate please"

"that'll be £2.20"

I hand over the money, she takes it, rings it up on the till, gives me change.

THEN.... and only then... turns around to ask someone on the back counter to make the hot chocolate.

He doesn't hear her, and carries on pouring pints

About 30 seconds later, after me doing a bit of pointing, she realises he hasn't done anything.

Asks him again.

He absolutely sods about for a dog's age getting the lid off the pre-packed Hot Choc and adding water to it.

Probably 2 minutes later he's finally got around to completing it and hands it directly to me. In the meantime, the girl who's taken my order is standing there like a lemon, not serving anyone else, even though she has absolutely no other task to perform apart from possibly handing the drink to me from the other guy. Useless, completely inefficient, and God help them if there had been more than two people to serve.

So, glad that I wasn't actually waiting in a queue (they'd already taken nearly 10 minutes to serve 2 people with a beer pre-match), I made my way back to the back of the stand with the wife's hot chocolate. Edged up next to my dad, standing next to his seat, cross goes into the box, he flings his arms out, sending the Hot Chocolate (closed lid and all) soaring 3 rows forward. Luckily it misses pretty much everyone (it was the first round of the League Cup after all), and just splashes itself all across the concrete.

I jumped down a couple of rows, fish it out of a seat back, stick the lid back on and hand it to the wife. It's pretty much just the goo in the bottom at this stage. On the bright side, at least they didn't take my tenner and close the shutters with me in it after a 25 minute wait (Reading v Saints pre-season circa 2003), and my dad gave me £2.50 to cover it, so I was up 30p. :facepalm:

Colin, I guess then that it will be ideal for you. Me, I have no idea whether I will feel like a cuppa at half time or not until the time comes. Certainly, as I go to SMS to watch the footie, I do not set off at 40 minutes like some do, to get ahead of the queue. So by the time I get down from the top of the stand, queue up, order something etc, the whole of half time has gone and the 2nd half has started so there seems little point bothering in the first place. Of course the days of bringing in a thermos are long gone - it's a dangerous weapon now!

s'funny, I always have 2 bottles of Pepsi Max and some sweeties for half time in my bag, the stewards always check and never do anything.

My (new) Vodafone 4G preseason worked. First time I've had a way of checking the scores on my phone since WAP.

Wonder if this might be a first step towards eliminating cash transactions in the ground. At the Allianz Arena in Munich for example, you have to load up an "Arena Card" to buy food/drinks in the stadium. The card itself is free, and you can load it online or at loading stations throughout the stadium.

The idea is to speed up transactions and reduce queuing time. What actually happens is you get the front of the queue with €10 on your card, and your order costs €10.15. Off to a loading station, and get back in the queue. It's incredibly annoying, and in my opinion an example of overdoing it with technology. More info here: https://www.allianz-arena.de/en/arenacard/bargeldlos/

Of course this might have nothing to do with a move towards that system at all. Just reminded me of it.

Wonder if this might be a first step towards eliminating cash transactions in the ground. At the Allianz Arena in Munich for example, you have to load up an "Arena Card" to buy food/drinks in the stadium. The card itself is free, and you can load it online or at loading stations throughout the stadium.

The idea is to speed up transactions and reduce queuing time. What actually happens is you get the front of the queue with €10 on your card, and your order costs €10.15. Off to a loading station, and get back in the queue. It's incredibly annoying, and in my opinion an example of overdoing it with technology. More info here: https://www.allianz-arena.de/en/arenacard/bargeldlos/

Of course this might have nothing to do with a move towards that system at all. Just reminded me of it.

How about a queue for contactless cards only then...

An idea, however the advantage I see for this qjacker system is that it doesn't only remove the need to purchase, it also tell the servers how much they need to have ready. If the stock is there immediately to go (15 x Beers, 12 x Hot Chocolates, 9 x Burgers etc) then they can be at hand and ready to go. That would really speed things up, show ticket, get goods, go. Ten seconds rather then 30. Contactless cards will only remove the need to organise money, there would still be added time to put the items together.

That's there too, well it was under the Kingsland on Saturday evening "No Cash - Contactless only" was what the sign said............ Probably as a result of the number of folks handing over £10 to pay and getting £12.50 back in change!!

interesting article about hi speed wifi that has been installed at PSV this season, and has been met with protests:

http://www.cnet.com/news/fans-protest-against-soccer-clubs-new-stadium-wi-fi/#ftag%3DCADf328eec

This kind of railing against technological advancement just smacks of old men who are scared about how little they understand the modern world. It will happen. It will be ubiquitous. Get used to it.

I just want it to check the scores at other games, usually at half time. If there was a scrolling banner that would be fine for me, but then it would take up valuable advertising space.

I see no reason why the club couldn't show the latest scores on the big screen, even going as far as highlighting when a goal is scored in another game. That would largely negate the need for wi-fi or even 4G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20141016-qjacker-2018273.aspx

It’s now quicker and easier than ever to order your refreshments on matchday at St Mary’s with the introduction of Qjacker.Qjacker is a revolutionary way of pre-ordering your food and drink at the stadium, allowing you to jump the queues and collect your purchases in record time.

With Qjacker, you can pre-purchase hot food, beers and wines, soft drinks, hot beverages and great range of snacks and confectionary – you can even pre-order your copy of SAINTS, our official matchday magazine.

Pre-ordering through Qjacker begins 24 hours before kick-off. Simply make sure your order is with us no later than two hours before the game begins and your items will be ready and waiting for you, whether you want to collect them when you arrive at the stadium or during the half-time interval.

Using Qjacker is extremely simple. Just visit qjacker.com, or download their app for iOS from the App Store or for Android from Google Play Store.

Once you’ve made your choices, whether through the Qjacker website or app, simply show us your order barcode (either on your smartphone or as a printout) at the kiosk to collect your items. It’s as simple as that!