Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

If spurs only bid 10m they are taking the **** , if Morgan thinks we'll deal with someone offering a derisory figure like that he is also taking the ****! If Suarez can get his nut down and have a season like he did last hopefully Morgan can do likewise , but I wont hold my breath! Its about time someone made a stand against footballing contract rebels

Yeah but bringing total scepticism to bear on this and why wouldn't you? Serious money like rats always finds its own hidey-hole. So having tried to establish malpractice which paradoxically becomes orthodoxy thus the only crime is getting caught . . . . . . So £10 mill for the 'transfer' up front and 'known about' and say what another oh £5 -10 mill in some off-shore account, or some overseas development fund somewhere with white sandy beaches, clear blue seas and skies to match. Altogether now, "Oh island in the sun, Built to me by my father's hand, All my days I will sing in praise, Of your forest waters, your shining sand . . . . .". I think it's often rather callously termed the 'name of the game'.

Yeah but bringing total scepticism to bear on this and why wouldn't you? Serious money like rats always finds its own hidey-hole. So having tried to establish malpractice which paradoxically becomes orthodoxy thus the only crime is getting caught . . . . . . So £10 mill for the 'transfer' up front and 'known about' and say what another oh £5 -10 mill in some off-shore account, or some overseas development fund somewhere with white sandy beaches, clear blue seas and skies to match. Altogether now, "Oh island in the sun, Built to me by my father's hand, All my days I will sing in praise, Of your forest waters, your shining sand . . . . .". I think it's often rather callously termed the 'name of the game'.

Uuuum OK!?

Are you related to ART?

Are you related to ART?

Dunno. If I were would that be a good thing do you think?

However, having stated that a moment's reflection and my philosophy informs me I'm related to everyone! Mankind being one big family. Cue, "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now I see . . . . ." The clue is in the last verse perhaps ;)

Dunno. If I were would that be a good thing do you think?

However, having stated that a moment's reflection and my philosophy informs me I'm related to everyone! Mankind being one big family. Cue, "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,

That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now I see . . . . ." The clue is in the last verse perhaps ;)

I get it, we are signing Blind ;)

I get it, we are signing Blind ;)

The Saints may have been signing Blind for sometime but not on a 'Daily' basis , but the most telling aspect may be they have been SELLING blind recently, as in someone blinded by money.

Cue . . . . . . "Money, get away -Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.- Money it's a gas - Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash -New car, caviar, four star daydream -Think I'll buy me a football team"

A further clue is in the last verse.;)

The Saints may have been signing Blind for sometime but not on a 'Daily' basis , but the most telling aspect may be they have been SELLING blind recently, as in someone blinded by money.

Cue . . . . . . "Money, get away -Get a good job with more pay and your O.K.- Money it's a gas - Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash -New car, caviar, four star daydream -Think I'll buy me a football team"

Yep. Bat s**t mental.

The Club are perfectly within their rights to insist that Morgan stays. Why would they be in trouble were they force him to play with the reserves or send him on gardening leave. Did Liverpool not do exactly that last year. The club are paying him FFS.

The club have shown themselves to be an exemplary employer, as has been shown in honoring to the full the contracts of such players as Sharp, Forte, Lee and others.

It's tragic that Morgan's mind has been filled by greedy agents, the media and ex colleagues with behaving so unprofessionally. Prior to recent events I can't think of a more upstanding football player and good example to younger players. It is this reason he is considered so highly by management and fans alike as being center to our future planning.

No it´s tragic that people think that players cant think and decide on their own and think that they are just puppets mastered by agents and others.

If a player wants to go on strike, or leave or whatever it is down to the player himself.

Stop blaiming others, it starts with the player and it ends with the player.

Very easy.

Yep. Bat s**t mental.

Well Goatboy as the old saying goes "it takes one to know one" so then that being the case you GB will know as well as I, that being mental in this world is a real asset - it certainly ain't no drawback that's for sure. Just one quick example, the Gaza catastrophe is being continued, led and fed by those who claim to be not only sane, but eminently SANE indeed sane enough to run the major governments of the world . I could cite a lot more but we'll be totally off topic then.

So then my new friend, are you claiming what has happened to the Saints is the product of sanity? Are you?

You're only allowed to be cryptic and esoteric if you're pretending to be ITK. Independent thought from the outside doesnt qualify.

Well Goatboy as the old saying goes "it takes one to know one" so then that being the case you GB will know as well as I, that being mental in this world is a real asset - it certainly ain't no drawback that's for sure. Just one quick example, the Gaza catastrophe is being continued, led and fed by those who claim to be not only sane, but eminently SANE indeed sane enough to run the major governments of the world . I could cite a lot more but we'll be totally off topic then.

So then my new friend, are you claiming what has happened to the Saints is the product of sanity? Are you?

I gave up on hoping to find any sanity in football when Andy Carroll went for £35million.

You're only allowed to be cryptic and esoteric if you're pretending to be ITK. Independent thought from the outside doesnt qualify.

In that case my most sincere apologies [Mein Führer?] but can this errant Scouser please continue to post with you nice chaps, with whom a I feel a filial relationship has been established?

No it´s tragic that people think that players cant think and decide on their own and think that they are just puppets mastered by agents and others.

If a player wants to go on strike, or leave or whatever it is down to the player himself.

Stop blaiming others, it starts with the player and it ends with the player.

Very easy.

You've heard of cause and effect I assume. Player doesn't suddenly have a "I'm going on strike" moment. There is usually something that leads up to the player making that decision, and usually with employment type issues it is something the employer does or does not do.

I gave up on hoping to find any sanity in football when Andy Carroll went for £35million.

I think I gave up well before that and I am now of the mind the insanity may have entered a new phase, indeed reached a higher plane to wax philosophical . . . . . .

We set a president. Letting other players go by threatening to strike, it will be interesting to see if the club does indeed make a stand. A player too late IMO but it would be a start

Exactly. The Chairman didn't help the situation by going on national radio and declaring that MS & JR wouldn't be sold when he clearly hadn't spoken to the players.

Exactly. The Chairman didn't help the situation by going on national radio and declaring that MS & JR wouldn't be sold when he clearly hadn't spoken to the players.

Thought that was the point and that he had spoken to both player and agent. They may not have agreed, but I believe they were spoken to.

I couldn't disagree more. Ralphs job is not to make Morgan happy it is to protect the club. He played his ace card and did it very well. He basically threw Morgan under a bus by announcing that he would not be sold in such an unequivocal way, that would make his own position untenable if Morgan was then sold.

What he did immediately took all the power from morgan and his agent, which is now why we are seeing the strops. Morgan will go in January, but not before. Once the transfer window closes and he has no other option, he will fall back into line and play until he is sold in January.... Or he can keep stropping and we don't sell him in January either.

‘Maybe Tottenham are pressuring Schneiderlin’ – Koeman warns wantaway star Southampton ‘will not change our minds’ in transfer row

No saint: Koeman says if France star risks having a 'big problem' at Southampton

Tom Allnutt

Published: 09 August 2014

Updated: 12:13, 09 August 2014

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has warned Morgan Schneiderlin he will have a "big problem" if he refuses to accept the club's decision to keep him at St Mary's.

Schneiderlin.jpg

Schneiderlin held talks with Koeman and chairman Ralph Krueger on Friday morning where it was decided the midfielder was not "mentally prepared" to play on Saturday in a friendly against Bayer Leverkusen.

The 24-year-old has the weekend off and will be given until Monday to come to terms with Southampton's stance on his future.

"We made the decision about tomorrow's match together. If this is still the situation next week then Morgan has a big problem," Koeman said.

"It's not an easy situation. I was a football player and moved from smaller clubs to bigger clubs.

"But first of all, you have to know you signed a contract and you have to respect your contract.

"We told Morgan to take two days off and think about the situation - because we will not change our minds. This is our decision. So we will see on Monday."

Schneiderlin, who joined the Saints as an 18-year-old in 2008, has attracted interest from both Tottenham and Arsenal this summer.

He is understood to be keen on a move to White Hart Lane and a reunion with manager Mauricio Pochettino, with whom he enjoyed a close relationship at Southampton.

"I'm not so much angry because there's some different influences around the player," Koeman said.

"Maybe Tottenham is pressing the player, maybe the agent is pressing the player - it's a difficult situation.

"I understand that situation, I know from my experience how it works but we have to do what is the best for Southampton.

"That is my job and even if I, in some ways, understand his situation I have to do the best for the club and that is keeping these kind of players."

Schneiderlin experienced relegation to League 1 in his debut season at St Mary's before helping the club reach the Premier League with successive promotions.

He has been a leading figure among a talented group of Saints players, several of whom have been allowed to leave this summer with Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers all departing.

"No, it is not unfair (that he has not been allowed to leave like the others) - unfair is signing a new contract and wanting to go, that's unfair," Koeman said.

"Not every player is the same and not every situation is the same."

Koeman continued: "Even the situation when Dejan Lovren started pre-season, it was a little bit different.

"He had the same desire to move and finally the club accepted the bid.

"We can help the player and there is always a way back because I, as manager, will do what the best is for the club."

Saphir Taider became Koeman's fourth signing of the summer this week following the arrivals of Dusan Tadic, Graziano Pelle and Ryan Bertrand.

Taider arrives on loan from Inter Milan with troublesome striker Pablo Osvaldo going the other way in exchange.

"Taider will bring quality," Koeman said.

"He's still a young player, he's still 22 and he will bring real competition between the midfield players and we need that."

The Saints boss confirmed the club are trying to complete deals for Sporting Lisbon's Marcos Rojo and Steaua Bucharest's Florin Gardos while adding he also wants another striker.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/maybe-tottenham-are-pressuring-schneiderlin--koeman-warns-wantaway-star-southampton-will-not-change-our-minds-in-transfer-row-9658973.html

I thought we needed Schnederlins passion and will to win today. I wish he would swallow his pride and put on a Saints shirt again. Can't help but think that the teams on pitch motivation would be increased with Morgan wearing the armband.

Oh well, hope he enjoys his new club, wherever it may be.

I couldn't disagree more. Ralphs job is not to make Morgan happy it is to protect the club. He played his ace card and did it very well. He basically threw Morgan under a bus by announcing that he would not be sold in such an unequivocal way, that would make his own position untenable if Morgan was then sold.

What he did immediately took all the power from morgan and his agent, which is now why we are seeing the strops. Morgan will go in January, but not before. Once the transfer window closes and he has no other option, he will fall back into line and play until he is sold in January.... Or he can keep stropping and we don't sell him in January either.

Shame Kruger did not make the stand a week or so before

Interesting bit on Talk****e. Their pundit sort of siding with Saints over the contract issue and that players couldn't just **** off as and when they want. They also said that if he wants off then he should submit a written transfer request which they don't. There was some derision over this, in that players get paid so bloody well as it is, that it is a little rich to also expect loyalty bonuses on top.

As it is, aren't transfer requests just as useless as the player wishing to be off in that they have no bearing over the contract and the club can just refuse it?

Well I'll be sober in the morning what's your excuse?

Well I'll be sober in the morning what's your excuse?

Spurred on by your alcohol blighted observation I've dutifully checked the rules and guidelines and guess what? No excuse is required, hence we suppose that's why drunkards like your goodself are allowed to vent on here. So here's a further sobering thought you may get sober, we'll take your word for that, but alas you'll still be ugly and I'll still be handsome, ergo you need to drown your sorrows. Hey! We understand Horley mate - commiserations - however remember you can still beautiful inside! Now just for a bit of fun and to cut asunder any tendency for personalisations as we attempt to get back on topic . . . . No! Put that down! Not the chocky bar! So what was in those pearls of wisdom you couldn't grasp in your drunken stupor?

Spurred on by your alcohol blighted observation I've dutifully checked the rules and guidelines and guess what? No excuse is required, hence we suppose that's why drunkards like your goodself are allowed to vent on here. So here's a further sobering thought you may get sober, we'll take your word for that, but alas you'll still be ugly and I'll still be handsome, ergo you need to drown your sorrows. Hey! We understand Horley mate - commiserations - however remember you can still beautiful inside! Now just for a bit of fun and to cut asunder any tendency for personalisations as we attempt to get back on topic . . . . No! Put that down! Not the chocky bar! So what was in those pearls of wisdom you couldn't grasp in your drunken stupor?

Hahaha I like you (no homo)

So clearly he still has all the power. He will not play. Chairman was a total pratt, making a statement like he did without first talking with the player. We now have a situation where we still have a player who will not play, so who has won in this situation?

I don't disagree with the idea that Morgan is not for sale and that his contract is such that he cannot leave due to a release clause like some of the others did, and that Saints are perfectly within their rights to say no to his request for a transfer. BUt I do have a problem with a pratt of a director who opens his mouth without engaging brain and causes a situation that otherwise did not need to have occurred.

A couple of thoughts.

nothing that ralph did or didn't say would have prevented this situation. Morgan wants out, end of. He would still be sulking if nothing had been said publically and he wasn't allowed to leave.

secondly, Rk had to say "no more". An unhealthy momentum was building and needed reversing. He achieved that. If we subsequently sell Morgan, then we will have stabilised the ship , brought in new faces and the impact of his leaving will have been lessened.

Morgan is still a ****.

So clearly he still has all the power. He will not play. Chairman was a total pratt, making a statement like he did without first talking with the player. We now have a situation where we still have a player who will not play, so who has won in this situation?

I don't disagree with the idea that Morgan is not for sale and that his contract is such that he cannot leave due to a release clause like some of the others did, and that Saints are perfectly within their rights to say no to his request for a transfer. BUt I do have a problem with a pratt of a director who opens his mouth without engaging brain and causes a situation that otherwise did not need to have occurred.

Do we know RK / LR didn't talk to Morgan before the interviews?

SChairman was a total pratt, making a statement like he did without first talking with the player....

Why is there still this insistence on ignoring that MS and his agent WERE spoken with before the announcement? There was obviously no agreement ("oi Snide-erling, you're staying here buster" kind of thing) but the contact happened.

Only his decision to behave the way he currently is.

Tomorrow is the deadline for Morgan to make up his mind on whether he is going to continue with his infantile strop and face the potential consequences of damage to his career, or whether he will buckle down and get on with it as our player. If he does that, then he can always negotiate his departure either in the January window, or next summer, when depending on his attitude and quality of play, he will probably be worth more and have more choice of clubs wishing to sign him.

I believe that Lallana and Schneiderlin are very close friends. I have been told that AL has been poisoning MS against staying for quite some time.

In which case Schneiderlin needs to grow a pair and make his own career decisions. At the moment he is doing himself no favours. Having half a dozen sulking prima donas clogging up the club was never going to work but we can deal with one. He really needs to grow up and accept responsibility for himself and for the contract he was only too happy to sign.

Why is there still this insistence on ignoring that MS and his agent WERE spoken with before the announcement? There was obviously no agreement ("oi Snide-erling, you're staying here buster" kind of thing) but the contact happened.

Because there are some people who want to believe that the club are to be held responsible for this situation and not a petulant, childish football who should be thankful he is not working in a beetroot bottling factory.

You can't seriously be that naïve- Can you? Do you think that if Ralph had a quiet word with Morgan that he could have talked him out of a 30k a week pay rise, chance to join a bigger club, play European football and link up with his favourite manager?

As already posted the only solution that would have prevented the current situation would be if we had sold him. On a personal level, the jury is still out on Ralph, but he has handled this situation brilliantly - It was a killer play and Morgan knew it - That's why we have had the hissy fits. For me there is no way the club can sell Morgan now - ironically they would probably want too, but the statements have been so unequivocal, with no ambiguity (Reiterated by Koeman) that if they were to do so, Ralph's position would be untenable.

I also have a suspicion (Nothing factual) that the directive mighty have come from Koeman - As in if you sell anyone else I'm off.

So Morgan can throw his dummy out as much as he wants, the ship has been settled and the desired effect has been achieved. Once the window is closed and he has no option he will fall back into line, ready for a January transfer.

It's a real shame that it has come to this and I have no doubt that some previous gentlemen's agreements have been welched upon. But as they have both said Ralph and Koemans obligations are to the Club and the Team and nothing or nobody comes before that.

I'm sure you would have been the first to moan if we had caved in and sold him. Seems to me that with some fans the club is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

But from a negotiation perspective - It was a work of art and Morgans agent is probably still scratching his head trying to work out if there is another play- Knowing deep down there isn't.

You can't seriously be that naïve- Can you? Do you think that if Ralph had a quiet word with Morgan that he could have talked him out of a 30k a week pay rise, chance to join a bigger club, play European football and link up with his favourite manager? .

No, and I didn't say that was the case. But he could have avoided Morgan throwing a hissy fit by discussing the situation with him first and/or perhaps not saying outright in public what he did without ensuring that the player knew what he was going to say first. Surely you can't be so naive as to not realise that can you?

Why is that people like you who think they know it all cannot accept that sometimes they really have no ****ing idea what they are talking about.

Did it? How do you know, were you there? Clearly something Ralph said was either completely new to Morgan or was completely at odds with what had been discussed if such a discussion took place. Why anyone is so naive as tho think Morgan has just thrown a hissy for no reason at all is beyond me, when it is quite clear that our Chairman said things in public that no professional chairman would have said unless pre-agreed with the player. In the end it may not have made any difference to the result, but there is a way of doing things and Ralph clearly does not know how to go about this type of business. The apologists for the current board have no other view than that it is all the fault of the player. I don't condone what Morgan has done for a moment but it is almost certainly an effect and not the cause. Sadly there is probably no other way out now, and we will not see Morgan play in a Saints shirt again, whether he stays until January or goes before the end of August.

No, and I didn't say that was the case. But he could have avoided Morgan throwing a hissy fit by discussing the situation with him first and/or perhaps not saying outright in public what he did without ensuring that the player knew what he was going to say first. Surely you can't be so naive as to not realise that can you?

Why is that people like you who think they know it all cannot accept that sometimes they really have no ****ing idea what they are talking about.

So you really think if he had discussed it Morgan first then that would have made everything alright???????????????????? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whilst we don't actually know whether he did or didn't, I am happy to go along with the assumption he didn't.....

Which meant he went into the meeting with Morgan saying "Saying sorry son, can't possibly sell you now..... listen to these interviews.

As for thinking I know it all - I certainly don't and not close to being in the know, but your rose garden isn't looking so great, based on fact you think a quite word in morgans shell like would have prevented what is now happening.

You want to lambast Ralph for something that he should be praised for.....It reminds me of the old lowe days when people got so blinded by their hatred, that they couldn't see any of the good things that he had done.- Should add through edit they might have been few and far between and he absolutely had to go, but that doesn't mean everything he did was bad.

Yours is a fantasy world that doesn't exist, where chairmen tell players they are not being sold and they both skip into the sunset holding hands.

Edited by Gemmel

He did discuss it with him. Are you unable to read or something?

Did it? How do you know, were you there? Clearly something Ralph said was either completely new to Morgan or was completely at odds with what had been discussed if such a discussion took place. Why anyone is so naive as tho think Morgan has just thrown a hissy for no reason at all is beyond me, when it is quite clear that our Chairman said things in public that no professional chairman would have said unless pre-agreed with the player. In the end it may not have made any difference to the result, but there is a way of doing things and Ralph clearly does not know how to go about this type of business. The apologists for the current board have no other view than that it is all the fault of the player. I don't condone what Morgan has done for a moment but it is almost certainly an effect and not the cause. Sadly there is probably no other way out now, and we will not see Morgan play in a Saints shirt again, whether he stays until January or goes before the end of August.
Where has anyone suggested Schneiderlin has thrown a "hissy fit" for no reason?

It is not clear at all that Krueger said anything new or at odds to what had previously been discussed with Schneiderlin, that is just speculation on your behalf.

Did it? How do you know, were you there?

It's in the public domain and was specifically stated as such by RK in his interviews in response to a specific question from the interviewer (Blackmore? I forget who and can't be @rsed to look). Or perhaps you are calling into question the truthfulness of RK saying as much?

Clearly something Ralph said was either completely new to Morgan or was completely at odds with what had been expected by MS

Obviously! Never said there was an agreement on what was said in that meeting - in all probability it was more likely a statement of fact along the lines of "you have a contract, you're staying - end of - over to you"

However, the contact happened, so MS's actions have been calculated and carried through by him as a result of that contact.

And as I've said, along with many others, the needs of the club must outweigh the demands of the individual player

I think people are confused here.

Morgan had a meeting with the club in which he was told they weren't prepared to sell.

Ralph then did some press and reiterated that.

People are acting like the first Morgan heard of it was the press conference and that's incorrect.

Personally I'm glad the club are standing firm. Unlucky for Morgan (should've been Lovren or Chambers) but it's provided some backbone.

I think people are confused here.

Morgan had a meeting with the club in which he was told they weren't prepared to sell.

Ralph then did some press and reiterated that.

People are acting like the first Morgan heard of it was the press conference and that's incorrect.

Personally I'm glad the club are standing firm. Unlucky for Morgan (should've been Lovren or Chambers) but it's provided some backbone.

That was my take on it. He is unhappy not because nobody told him anything but because he didn't like the answer he got.