LIVE: Ronald Koeman pre-match press conference - Bayer Leverkusen - Youtube stream

Matthew Le God

Indeed, all it needed was for Krueger to say ..well nothing

That seems to ignore the fact that everyone was screaming blue murder at the guy for having gone quiet and not said anything while everyone was being linked with a move away. The complaints were that the words he and Les Reed came out with were quite wooly, they wanted something finite and categorical. They got that, and yet STILL people are ****ing whinging.

That seems to ignore the fact that everyone was screaming blue murder at the guy for having gone quiet and not said anything while everyone was being linked with a move away. The complaints were that the words he and Les Reed came out with were quite wooly, they wanted something finite and categorical. They got that, and yet STILL people are ****ing whinging.

Not me, the less I hear from him the better I like it.

Indeed, all it needed was for Krueger to say ..well nothing, that would suit most people I think. He needs to just p*ss off or get some new commercial business in, which is what he's supposed to be doing if I remember correctly.

And then people would be moaning about a lack of leadership and how the club were allowing themselves to be bullied blah blah blah

And then people would be moaning about a lack of leadership and how the club were allowing themselves to be bullied blah blah blah

He could have avoided giving a definitive answer. Of course we all know what the implications of this would be I.e that MS was leaving but it would be better than setting yourself up for a fall like he has done.

I think we are now seeing why so many were sold. if you dont give in to these players they simply go on strike...

Player power

Club simply cannot win in this situation

I assume the club is not paying him and his agent will be paying his wages

The powers of football need to sort out these spoilt child tactics being used by players to get their own way .

Sell to real or Barcelona not any British club

Edited by Viking Warrior

The players hold the aces these days - once they want out it is rare they stay. I have an old saying, "when the pendulum needs to swing it usually swings too far". Players needed emancipation in the 60s but look at how ridiculous it has become and now Ralph Krueger has dug himself a big hole.

High time clubs took to the law and forced a precedent. Liverpool owner stood his ground and got a season more from Suarez. Unless we do so every single player is going to do the same.

We have to stand firm, take this to the absolute limit, make an example of what not to do when you sign a contract with SFC, make it drift on beyond the end of the window so Morgan will find himself isolated and in complete mess. I'd hate this to happen to the guy but he' being pressurised to do things what he himself is not keen to do

Pray tell me Duncan, who is Morgan's agent? No mention anywhere. He changed last year after 8 years with Thomas Coopers (?) It's the agent who should be on the receiving end of our wrath not Morgan.

High time clubs took to the law and forced a precedent. Liverpool owner stood his ground and got a season more from Suarez. Unless we do so every single player is going to do the same.

We have to stand firm, take this to the absolute limit, make an example of what not to do when you sign a contract with SFC, make it drift on beyond the end of the window so Morgan will find himself isolated and in complete mess. I'd hate this to happen to the guy but he' being pressurised to do things what he himself is not keen to do

Pray tell me Duncan, who is Morgan's agent? No mention anywhere. He changed last year after 8 years with Thomas Coopers (?) It's the agent who should be on the receiving end of our wrath not Morgan.

Pascal Boisseau, same as Gervinho, Jeremie Mathieu, Rudy Garcia etc.

Hard case agent.

I assume the club is not paying him and his agent will be paying his wages

The powers of football need to sort out these spoilt child tactics being used by players to get their own way .

Sell to real or Barcelona not any British club

Oh I doubt he worries about money, frugal lad by all accounts. Then there's his WC earnings(93000€) that will see him over a couple of difficult months.

Who knows the FFF might even give him a loan if he's a bit short for the milk bill.

Read elsewhere that he "trained with his team-mates this week". Why would he go "on strike" when he needs to get his fitness back if he wants to play for someone else.

Well the club aren't going to publicly admit that he's refusing to train with the others now are they. They never publicly admit anything negative,don't forget they told us Chambers was "ill" when everyone and his dog knwe he'd being at a medical visit at Arsenal on that day, fortunately for us we have a couple of insiders who tell it like it is; Pity VMAN went off in a huff because Lallana got slagged off, probabuy unjustly, Weston too.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Read elsewhere that he "trained with his team-mates this week". Why would he go "on strike" when he needs to get his fitness back if he wants to play for someone else.

That was from Koeman but it's difficult to know who / what to believe in these situations. I can't imagine Ronald (or the Club) would have been comfortable if he had said he was on strike.

That was from Koeman but it's difficult to know who / what to believe in these situations. I can't imagine Ronald (or the Club) would have been comfortable if he had said he was on strike.

koeman doesn't get told what to say to the press..yes right you are.Didn't listen myself because well I can't make any sense of what he actually says really. Wait for the précis to appear on this forum, far easier;

Pretty sure that RK said in his interviews about Jay and Morgan, that they wouldn't be sold before the start of the season and would be Saints players for the Liverpool game. Gives the club the opportunity to sell between the 16th and 31st and not have broken their word. Personally I'd rather they stuck to their guns and made him stay until January at least, if only as a way of achieving the best possible price for him.

50 odd years so I suppose yes, but I don't like the direction we're taking just now and don't mind saying so. It's called free speech, if that invites comments like yours so be it.

snap but only for forty years , it just seems every one of your posts beat the crap out of the club but you seem to be so far up some peoples asses that all I can see is your toenails , you seem to be constantly ranting the same mantra time and again , just why ?

You really are a nasty piece of work Window Cleaner. Your snidey, personal attacks are quite nauseating and as for saying that all Krueger needed to do was say nothing is beyond the pale.

So many fans were bemoaning the fact that the Board were not saying anything and then when they do communicate they just get flak.

So how do you suppose we should have handled MS then? Just let him go because he sulks?

I am confident about the coming season. Seems like we will have a top quality CB (possibly 2) coming in, a quality Keeper and then I think we only need another striker to be in good shape for the coming season.

You really are a nasty piece of work Window Cleaner. Your snidey, personal attacks are quite nauseating and as for saying that all Krueger needed to do was say nothing is beyond the pale.

So many fans were bemoaning the fact that the Board were not saying anything and then when they do communicate they just get flak.

So how do you suppose we should have handled MS then? Just let him go because he sulks?

I am confident about the coming season. Seems like we will have a top quality CB (possibly 2) coming in, a quality Keeper and then I think we only need another striker to be in good shape for the coming season.

With due respect and playing devils advocate I'm not sure you're seeing the whole picture. I'll add that Morgans behaviour is not acceptable before I respond.

Regarding your first point Kruger shouldn't have stated what he knew he might not be able able to commit to I.e. keep Schneiderlin. He should have found another way to answer the question without giving definitive timeline. He's a PR pro he should be able to do so. He only came out with that remark as an act of belated desperation after eventually twigging that the sell-all policy was going down like a two-week fly drive to the Ukraine on Air Malaysia.

Wrt your second point then the Club shouldn't have let MS to believe he could leave which was clearly the case. You honestly don't believe Kruger didn't have discussions about him (and probably JRod) when being corporately entertained by Spurs officials in Toronto.

Anyway Morgan is wrong and making himself look like a prime prat but there are (some) mitigating circumstances behind his petulant behaviour that I believe the Club must take some responsibility for. Just IMHO of course.

Strange to have such deep emotions about someone you have never met and know very little about mate.

Same can be said about you and your every opportunity to slam Cortese no?

Although having never met you, reading your posts, I would hazard at a guess that there's no shortage of pure unaddulterated excitement in your company...

Take Windows over a lot of posters on here. Including you.

Same can be said about you and your every opportunity to slam Cortese no?

Although having never met you, reading your posts, I would hazard at a guess that there's no shortage of pure unaddulterated excitement in your company...

Take Windows over a lot of posters on here. Including you.

Fine with me Pal, put me on ignore and make us both happy. It is true that I wasnt a great fan of Cortese but I did give him credit for the success over the last few years. I think Windows can fight his own battles but it is sweet that you are standing up for him. Bless.

The players hold the aces these days - once they want out it is rare they stay. I have an old saying, "when the pendulum needs to swing it usually swings too far". Players needed emancipation in the 60s but look at how ridiculous it has become and now Ralph Krueger has dug himself a big hole.

Couldn't agree more Duncan.

Fine with me Pal, put me on ignore and make us both happy. It is true that I wasnt a great fan of Cortese but I did give him credit for the success over the last few years. I think Windows can fight his own battles but it is sweet that you are standing up for him. Bless.

"Battles"? BLESS...

put you on ignore? Dont flatter yourself.

I can indeed but I'm not at all sure that continuing with this one will get me very far. I believe the club in it's present configuration is heading for a major fall and I don't want to see class players like Morgan dragged down by it . Whatever happens to him his French career will be damaged unless he gets a move to a club playing in Europe this season. He knows it, I know it, most of you don't care anyway. Last January I stood up and said that if KL didn't want to continue to invest in the development of the club or couldn't then she should do the right thing and sell it to someone who does and can. Nothing I've seen in these last 2 months has made me change my opinion there. You see I'm not a mediocre person, can't stand mediocrity.We'll just wait and see what the next few weeks bring.

I can indeed but I'm not at all sure that continuing with this one will get me very far. I believe the club in it's present configuration is heading for a major fall and I don't want to see class players like Morgan dragged down by it . Whatever happens to him his French career will be damaged unless he gets a move to a club playing in Europe this season. He knows it, I know it, most of you don't care anyway. Last January I stood up and said that if KL didn't want to continue to invest in the development of the club or couldn't then she should do the right thing and sell it to someone who does and can. Nothing I've seen in these last 2 months has made me change my opinion there. You see I'm not a mediocre person, can't stand mediocrity.We'll just wait and see what the next few weeks bring.

These are my fears, she does enough to keep club up, milks tv money sells a player now and again but DOESN'T sell up.

If Cortese did come back in with an ambitious buyer like Markus version 2. It would just be sad to think that the big girl didnt sell up.

These are my fears, she does enough to keep club up, milks tv money sells a player now and again but DOESN'T sell up.

If Cortese did come back in with an ambitious buyer like Markus version 2. It would just be sad to think that the big girl didnt sell up.

When you say "Markus version 2" you mean "someone nothing whatsoever like Markus Liebherr", yes?

And when you say "ambitious" you mean "a billionaire who is also retarded enough to pi ss away millions and millions of pounds on a provincial football team for no return", yes?

Can someone tell me how you can't be in mental position to play a friendly ?

I play most Sunday league games the morning after a Saturday session and I can tell you I am not Physically or mentally prepared for that.

This is a guy that is earning in a week what some earn in a year,how can you not be prepared for something you have done all your life ?

Football is all about effort and motivation, if you can't be bothered and don't have any motivation to do it because you don't want to, that's going to be a pretty difficult thing to do at the level you always have done.

Of course, if you get stuck in the development side and the transfer window is closed you may suddenly feel like it again.

This is all about "nuh,don'twanna".

...Whatever happens to him his French career will be damaged unless he gets a move to a club playing in Europe this season. He knows it, I know it, most of you don't care anyway.

Since when have the demands of an individual outweighed the needs of the club? He could play a starring role here and get very much noticed by DD.

Last January I stood up and said that if KL didn't want to continue to invest in the development of the club or couldn't then she should do the right thing and sell it to someone who does and can.

How about you contribute 10% of your net income to the development of the club as a way of helping? Or would you rather KL input her own money (ie not that earned by the club) to fulfil your fantasies? I would much rather we looked for self-sufficiency as the way to go, for our futures sake.

Since when have the demands of an individual outweighed the needs of the club? He could play a starring role here and get very much noticed by DD.

How about you contribute 10% of your net income to the development of the club as a way of helping? Or would you rather KL input her own money (ie not that earned by the club) to fulfil your fantasies? I would much rather we looked for self-sufficiency as the way to go, for our futures sake.

This

I don't want to see class players like Morgan dragged down by it . Whatever happens to him his French career will be damaged unless he gets a move to a club playing in Europe this season. He knows it, I know it, most of you don't care anyway.

Hmmm saints supporter ! enough said

Was he not told he could leave if the club received suitable compensation, I think he was, several seemingly reliable sources have said that. In his mind he was being allowed to

leave for one of the 2 North London clubs, highest bidder. Then Ralph wet his knickers and gated him, he's firking ****ed off and rightly so.

Clearly the compensation is not yet deemed to be suitable. In fact it would appear to be less than half of suitable. I think Morgan will eventually go - but on our terms - not Levy's. While that situation exists MS has no particular right to be peed off.

Edited by St_Tel49
addition

Morgan's quite capable of dragging himself down, evidently.

Furthermore, how did you manage to cope supporting Southampton pre-2006?

Edited by Donatello

When you say "Markus version 2" you mean "someone nothing whatsoever like Markus Liebherr", yes?

And when you say "ambitious" you mean "a billionaire who is also retarded enough to pi ss away millions and millions of pounds on a provincial football team for no return", yes?

Despite it now being nigh-on impossible with the FFP regulations preventing owners just injecting hundreds of millions of pounds.

I disgree and it looks very much to me like the club are trying hard to get a decent squad sorted out. I am not in the least bit worried about Morgan being dragged down - I am more concerned that he is dragging down the club that pays his wages and got him where he is today. Also Southampton are never going to be a top four club whether KL keeps it of not so if by mediocrity you mean mid table that is the best we can hope for. It wasnt too bad last year was it?

When you say 'invest', can you explain what you mean?

Good post