Celtic vs Legia Warsaw Build Up Thread

Saint Charlie

BBC livetext live commentary is painting a real mental picture of the event

Live Text Commentary

45:00 Half time

Half Time First Half ends, Celtic 0, Legia Warsaw 1.

36:00 Goal scored

Goal! Goal! Celtic 0, Legia Warsaw 1. Michal Zyro (Legia Warsaw).

0:00

First Half begins.

0:00

Lineups are announced and players are warming up.

If Forster wasn't English this place would be in melt down that we were signing the goalkeeper from a team being smashed by Leiga Warsaw that play in one of the poorest domestic leagues in Europe.

What worries me was that Celtic fan on here the other day saying we should stick with Boruc because Forster's distribution was poor by comparison. Ummm

If Forster wasn't English this place would be in melt down that we were signing the goalkeeper from a team being smashed by Leiga Warsaw that play in one of the poorest domestic leagues in Europe.

You are very right. Forster is no better than Boruc. Only younger and if Boruc goes then goalkeeper situation is still as woeful as last season. Personally 8million is only because he was around the england set up not because he is amazing

What worries me was that Celtic fan on here the other day saying we should stick with Boruc because Forster's distribution was poor by comparison. Ummm

I just dont get this Forster hype, he is less than convincing, even for England he looked like he was the East Stirlingshires keeper rather than Champions League Celtics keeper, if folks were getting excited at someone like Marshall then I would understand the excitement.

Well Forster's certainly a huge step up in quality on Gazzaniga and Kelvin Davis.

Indeed. It would be good to have two keepers that are good enough for the No 1 spot. Kelvin is well past his best and I doubt if Gazza will ever have a best to get over.

I think it's important to remember who our goalkeeping coach is, worked with some very good English keepers and if we're signing him he's obviously come recommended

At no point at all had I thought about this. A very good point.

ps Honestly not being sarcastic.

Christ...we are contemplating buying these two clowns from Celtic.

Yep, to go with that Kenyan clown we took off of them last season.......... :uhoh:

Do I detect the hint of racism, you detestable little man?

No, you clearly don't.

I just dont get this Forster hype, he is less than convincing, even for England he looked like he was the East Stirlingshires keeper rather than Champions League Celtics keeper, if folks were getting excited at someone like Marshall then I would understand the excitement.

If he is that good then why is he still at Cardiff ready to play championship football?

If he is that good then why is he still at Cardiff ready to play championship football?

Not a chuffin clue matey!................ he was about the only player from last year that came away with any credit, without him with what he was playing behind they would have been through the trapdoor a damn sight sooner than they were.

Still with all this massaging of the income from sales within certain time frames etc etc to fudge the FFP, we will be buying Iker Casillas or that lad Neuer from Bryan Munich!!! :D

Do I detect the hint of racism, you detestable little man?

I think you missed the hint of sarcasm.

I think the Kenyan reference was relevant given the possibility that we are overvaluing Forster because he is English.

Edited by Redslo