Katarina Doesn't Want To Invest Anymore In The Club - Krueger

Pastor Patrón

Sums up Saint Charlie perfectly. He's no longer the positive poster everyone used to enjoy reading. :(

You don't make a name for yourself by towing the line, so he thought he'd use this Summer to raise his poor profile on the site. It's worked, but when your company is Hypo, Saint Richmond, SaintRobbie, Batman, Shurlock etc you will only come across as a *****.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Cortese did more harm to our club than a lot of people realise and the ship had to be righted. Although mistakes have been made this summer (getting players in sooner and not holding onto Chambers) I still trust the current board and ownership in their desire to do the right thing.

Cortese did more harm to our club than a lot of people realise and the ship had to be righted. Although mistakes have been made this summer (getting players in sooner and not holding onto Chambers) I still trust the current board and ownership in their desire to do the right thing.

See Ralph the salesman is working his magic

I'm just grateful to have a football club to support; a board which wants us to pay our way and not be saddled with ultimately unsustainable debts; a youth policy which means we get the more than occasional smattering of home produced talent and anchors the club to the community; a reputation for playing the game the right way.

Everything else is a bonus.

I'm just grateful to have a football club to support; a board which wants us to pay our way and not be saddled with ultimately unsustainable debts; a youth policy which means we get the more than occasional smattering of home produced talent and anchors the club to the community; a reputation for playing the game the right way.

Everything else is a bonus.

dont be daft. We must spend spend spend (as long as it is someone else's cash)

I don't see the problem with this statement. Look, we're a 'provincial' club who was batting above its weight for 27 years in the top flight. Finishing 2nd once in an era where football was so different it was unreal; I mean, signing Keegan is like us signing Messi, Ronaldo or Bale now, right? It's mental!

We have never and will never have the fanbase of Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. They are the 3 defacto top clubs by power of revenue alone. Chelsea and Man City have joined them by ridiculous injections of cash and in the case of Man City, have fallen foul of the FFP rules.

Even when we had the Dell with "unlimited" standing, 30,000 people was our max. Sure, for a big game we could pull 45/50000, but in these times of austerity, that would be once or twice a season. 30/35000 is about right for us and we're about the right size for a mid-table club who occasionally gets some amazing players (last season) that could propel us higher. Many would argue Pochettino should have done better with these players ......

But, why should we expect her to pump in her own cash? She has a self-sustaining, mid-table Prem side who make fluke the odd appearance in Europe and that keeps producing top class talent.

The trouble with a lot of Saints fans is Sky; the Sky generation.

Whilst I do agree with most of what you said, I'm not in 100% agreement. The Sky generation is the one that is pumping so much money into clubs. This increases additional income via advertising etc. I do not know the figures but does TV revenue outstrip match day money taken at the turnstiles? I'm not that sure that it is a case of you're either one or the other as I'm sure most of us that turn up also have sky. Where I live many of the kids wear Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal kits. I rarely see an MK Dons or Luton town strip in the younger generation though, so there is something to what you are saying. I will also mention both those teams for doing work with kids in schools and in the community, so there has to be more to football than just the end product, even if it is only trying to spot stars of the future (cynical I know, unfounded I'm sure). For KL, the supporters and the club in general I think it makes sense to make the club sustainable. It's just a bitter pill to swallow this summer hopefully. However, this is something we are used to, being a saints supporter is never without a spanner somewhere.

Jeez, Delldays, I thought Duncan might have started you thinking a little more open-mindedly by using that nautical analogy, but I guess that one "sailored over your head" as well.

Cortese did some amazing things for us but I have no doubt that he left some ugly stuff behind. Ditto for Pochettino. Now it's time to stabilize so that we can start making progress again. Not a difficult concept to grasp - unless you've painted yourself into a corner with a bunch of snide negativity.

I hope you're working on (yet) another identity so that you can leave this iteration's junk behind. Open the bilge pumps. ;)

Whilst I do agree with most of what you said, I'm not in 100% agreement. The Sky generation is the one that is pumping so much money into clubs.

Sorry to quote selectively, but in reality....the Sky generation is the one that is pumping so much money through clubs into player's pockets. I'm not sure that clubs in general really benefit form all this cash; players do f'sure. All that happens is that the numbers are bigger.

I don't see the problem with this statement. Look, we're a 'provincial' club who was batting above its weight for 27 years in the top flight. Finishing 2nd once in an era where football was so different it was unreal; I mean, signing Keegan is like us signing Messi, Ronaldo or Bale now, right? It's mental!

We have never and will never have the fanbase of Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. They are the 3 defacto top clubs by power of revenue alone. Chelsea and Man City have joined them by ridiculous injections of cash and in the case of Man City, have fallen foul of the FFP rules.

Even when we had the Dell with "unlimited" standing, 30,000 people was our max. Sure, for a big game we could pull 45/50000, but in these times of austerity, that would be once or twice a season. 30/35000 is about right for us and we're about the right size for a mid-table club who occasionally gets some amazing players (last season) that could propel us higher. Many would argue Pochettino should have done better with these players ......

But, why should we expect her to pump in her own cash? She has a self-sustaining, mid-table Prem side who make fluke the odd appearance in Europe and that keeps producing top class talent.

The trouble with a lot of Saints fans is Sky; the Sky generation.

A version of this post ought to be displayed after signing up for the forum!

As well as the 'Sky generation' I blame the age of entitlement. "Oh, we've signed some quality players? Give us more! More expensive ones, with higher ratings on FIFA."

"Oh, you've opened up channels of communication via social media and the like? We want statements - nauseatingly endless statements just to put our fragile little impatient minds to rest. We won't believe a word of what you say, but we want it all the same."

But that doesn't tie into Katharina offering Cortese a lucrative contract to stay at the club. His value was clear to her and whilst she wanted more Governance at a corporate level he clearly brought something to the table which she wanted to keep.

I hate the fact he constantly calls us "Saints". It's like he's trying to suck up to us and pretending to be "one of us". His accent his adds to the cheese. That's my only gripe with him though. Unlike a lot on here I quite like him. If he keeps us a stable PL club, I'll be very happy.

He is employed by the club therefore he is "one of us." Just as Ronald Koeman is.

KL is entitled to look after her inheritance but why then let her reps mislead the fanbase? If we are trying to steady the ship 'we will spend every penny on transfers and wages' does not follow.

The blind faith in what Krueger says is quite amzing

But you are not fooled by this empty rhetoric are you Delldays. You have the Board sussed. The club will be sold, it will be asset stripped and we will get relegated. Oh, and the world is flat and you can make gold out of other metals. If only we could all see what you see. What a bunch of deluded fools we are. :?

KL is entitled to look after her inheritance but why then let her reps mislead the fanbase? If we are trying to steady the ship 'we will spend every penny on transfers and wages' does not follow.

The insistance on disbelieving everything that Krurger says is quite amazing.

The insistance on disbelieving everything that Krurger says is quite amazing.

Thus far his track record suggests what he says and what is delivered are two different things. It is for him to prove something rather than for us to blindly believe. He had that opportunity back in May and it turned out he was talking crap.

So where did that £110m tv money go? Are you of the belief we spent all that in those 24 months? Or to be specific did Cortese spend all that money?

Our wage bill last year alone was £52m. The training ground cost 38m. There were then transfers, club running costs, stadium related costs etc.

We have not been self sufficient.

Whilst I do agree with most of what you said, I'm not in 100% agreement. The Sky generation is the one that is pumping so much money into clubs. This increases additional income via advertising etc. I do not know the figures but does TV revenue outstrip match day money taken at the turnstiles? I'm not that sure that it is a case of you're either one or the other as I'm sure most of us that turn up also have sky. Where I live many of the kids wear Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal kits. I rarely see an MK Dons or Luton town strip in the younger generation though, so there is something to what you are saying. I will also mention both those teams for doing work with kids in schools and in the community, so there has to be more to football than just the end product, even if it is only trying to spot stars of the future (cynical I know, unfounded I'm sure). For KL, the supporters and the club in general I think it makes sense to make the club sustainable. It's just a bitter pill to swallow this summer hopefully. However, this is something we are used to, being a saints supporter is never without a spanner somewhere.

IMHO, that's pretty much the problem. Too much money.

Yes, clubs will use some of that to enhance the local community. The amount spent on this pales in significance compared to the amount spent elsewhere (Rooney's latest Bentley/jet etc). That doesn't make it any less welcome, but a significant reduction in overall income wouldn't necessarily mean a significant reduction in the amount spent in the community.

I believe the amount received in broadcasting income is far larger than match day income.

Why is it impossible to do both? If we can afford to spend all the transfer income, but we dont need to ask KL to put in any funds, why is this a problem for you? Blind determination to find a problem?

Thus far his track record suggests what he says and what is delivered are two different things. It is for him to prove something rather than for us to blindly believe. He had that opportunity back in May and it turned out he was talking crap.

This has already been done on another thread, but what has he said that is untruthful?

Why is it impossible to do both? If we can afford to spend all the transfer income, but we dont need to ask KL to put in any funds, why is this a problem for you? Blind determination to find a problem?
Please show where it is a problem to me? I have consistantly said it is KL money and she can do what she likes with it, if she wishes to withdraw some that is fine, but do not have people mislead fans by telling them all the money is going to be spent, as that is not the case from where i am sitting. At this moment very little of what Krueger has said has come to pass. He is the Pied Piper of St Marys, he blows his little whistle and the members of Saintsweb just blindly follow.

Apparently he was at a do last night and told people that there was to be a signing last night (I assume Taider , loan switch) and that there are a few this week. I will be delighted we have more bodies to fill the void of quality, but IMO loanees do not make me feel as good about things and it is hardly spending the money in.

I was very much in favour of prudence and can live with it, but to be prudent whilst telling everybody you are spendthrift to get them to feel good and spend on S/T new shirts etc is plain wrong

Exactly. The transfer money goes to pay fees, wages etc. The TV money/ticket sales/commercial revenue goes into the running of the club keeping it self sufficient for years to come. What's not to like about this?

"If we are trying to steady the ship 'we will spend every penny on transfers and wages' does not follow."
exactly, on one hand he said we needed to steady the ship because of the financial situation and then he said we would spend every penny.

Exactly. The transfer money goes to pay fees, wages etc. The TV money/ticket sales/commercial revenue goes into the running of the club keeping it self sufficient for years to come. What's not to like about this?
yep i dont think anyone is arguing against that. If it came to pass of course

Are we going to get a lot of these threads where the procedure is:

1. Pick quotes wildly out of context

2. Add scaremongering, attention seeking title

3. Ask non-sequitur rhetorical question

4. Enjoy ensuing pointless catfight?

We always have had - always will have. it is what WUM's thrive on.

"If we are trying to steady the ship 'we will spend every penny on transfers and wages' does not follow."

exactly, on one hand he said we needed to steady the ship because of the financial situation and then he said we would spend every penny.

If we're spending every penny we've received on signing on fees and wages which are lower than those of the outgoing players but removing any future overheads like wage bonuses in comparable contracts, then we're doing exactly that. There have been too many rumblings about "inherited financial situation" for it not to be a factor.

Of course, this is all moot unless we actually sign some replacements.

It is perfectly possible to both. Its been explained on here and other threads - we are trying to be self-sustaining, so that no further shareholder funds are needed (as well as complying with FFP). That does not mean we have to stop spending the transfer receipts we are generating, because these are not the only funds coming into the club.

I was particularly impressed by his declaration that no player would be sold without input from the new Manager and then Lambert leaving two days later when we had no Manager. That was a great start to the summer.

He said that RK had been aware of all of the transactions.

We couldn't hold on to Chambers despite wanting to. Contract clause.

Bateman's post is spot on as well.

She can't invest anyway, unless we want to fall foul of the ffp rules...

She could probably invest about 40 million pounds a year without violating financial fair play. The money just couldn't be spent on player salaries.