Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

Tax cannot be offset against transfers in or any other capital investments such as building projects, these have to be amortised over a longer term. You can't even reclaim VAT on additions to existing property, it has to be a new separate construction. Loan repayments cannot be repaid without tax. The recipient doesn't pay the tax but if they are repaid out if profits then they will have been taxed first. Transfer fees received in excess of the player's existing value on the books are most definitely income! Normal running costs are allowable against income and these include wages, but of course these should be subject to Income Tax and NI for both the employee and the employer. Or this reason many players are paid partly through a separate company for their services, particularly so-called image rights' and HMRC have clamped down on this system. You're right, the club will certainly be taking the best advice they can get but deciding what to do about profits is much easier than trying to cut the losses!

http://www.lawinsport.com/features/item/image-rights-companies-where-are-we-now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23923904

True but Amortised costs are spread over a number of years so the annual cost of the amortisation is deducted before tax the same for the transfer profits which are also spread over a number of years to match the amortised costs. so the costs are in fact set against transfer profit.

True but Amortised costs are spread over a number of years so the annual cost of the amortisation is deducted before tax the same for the transfer profits which are also spread over a number of years to match the amortised costs. so the costs are in fact set against transfer profit.

Indeed, but the transfer profits on sales have to be structured to reflect this. I would have thought that these would not be for longer than four or five years whereas costs of infrastructure would be probably spread over 25 years or so.

I'm just saying that not everything is as simple as it seems and accountancy reasons can explain what may at first sight appear to be strange decisions, such as taking on one-year loan players or maybe offloading Osvaldo at a loss.

Don't speak enough French to tell if this is genuine, but looks fairly real:

saphir.taider @SaphirTaider1 · 16h

va s'engager avec le club @SouthamptonFC

https://twitter.com/SaphirTaider1/status/495339822261997568

That is a fake twitter account created by a random on a wind-up.

This is his real (and verified) account...

https://twitter.com/SaphirOfficiel

Don't speak enough French to tell if this is genuine, but looks fairly real:

saphir.taider @SaphirTaider1 · 16h

va s'engager avec le club @SouthamptonFC

https://twitter.com/SaphirTaider1/status/495339822261997568

Written in the 3rd person, suggests a false account perhaps

Je vais m'engager avec Southampton would be the correct first person usage.

Sorry, this is the only user name I have

If you think otherwise, you are mistaken

If you state it, you are lying

Simples

The one liar is you. Quoting yourself in prior threads. Stop winding people up and f##k off.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50215-The-New-Manager-Thread&p=1957533#post1957533

Edited by Colinjb

Osvaldo - Taider deal done. Season long loan-swap deal - both have option to buy at the end of the season.

mirkocorli: Deal done between #Inter and #SaintsFC: #Osvaldo and #Taider will swap shirts until June 2015, no money involved. Buy back clause for both.

ANY sort of deal that gets Osvaldo off the books is OK by me. This was a major, and very expensive mistake in the Pochettion era. He thought he could " tame " Osvaldo - and we saw the result.:mcinnes:

Nice memory of his goal v. Man City..... but nothing else to brag about at all. Arrivederci !

ANY sort of deal that gets Osvaldo off the books is OK by me. This was a major, and very expensive mistake in the Pochettion era. He thought he could " tame " Osvaldo - and we saw the result.:mcinnes:

Nice memory of his goal v. Man City..... but nothing else to brag about at all. Arrivederci !

and all the bolloaks started when he knew NC was leaving, engineered exit in my view. He could have come back this season, clean slate..did he ? did he ferk.

One cannot overstate the effect of NC leaving on some players.

Don't know if this has been posted, it's from Sky Sports Transfer Centre.

Ronald Koeman has confirmed that Algerian midfielder Saphir Taider is joining the club in the deal that will take Pablo Daniel Osvaldo to Inter Milan.

Taider brings quality and we need that. We need competition in the squad as well and that will be good

"Funny" thing is I think Osvaldo would have fitted in better with Koemans style which is a bit more free flowing rather than the slower Pochettino game where he has to outmuscle defenders more, which is not his strongest side.....Oh well....

Taider is a good player even though I´d still prefer Clasie, especially if Schneiderlin stays but that´s till very much up in the air imo....

Competition for JWP I reckon

Can see Victor sitting in front of the back four, with two of Davis, JWP, Taider and Morgan in front of him, linking defense and attack. Cork can play in that role too (think Everton (h) last season); but Koeman has tended use to him as a more straightforward DM, mindful that you should read f**k all into preseason.

Edited by shurlock

Yes but wasn't it reported yesterday that his medical has been delayed until Tuesday because we've some odds and ends to sort out with the 2 loan players coming our way. Evidently Inter are sh*t scared that we'll fob Osvaldo off on them and then welsh on the incoming deals somehow. Sounds like a TV hostage exchange to me. Confidence obviously abounds here.

Would be a great swap/signing, the quicker we get Osvaldo out of our club the better. I would personally drive him there myself. Newcastle would be a good idea if there wasn't a swap so Pardew can develop his head butting skills further

There'd only be complaints about how long it took to drive him there.

If he is very good I imagine we would have competition. Looks a decent player, be interesting to see where he fits in.

If it is a normal buy option clause we would have first choice and other clubs could only get him if we decline it.

Even though we have a option to buy does that mean we get first option ? and even if we do and he has a cracking season he can always reject us and join a bigger club.the option to buy sounds like a load of old crap to me

That's the worst "highlights" reel I ever saw :(

I loved it because he'll be the new Guly. I have a thing for players who run past 3 players then fall over or do everything right until the crucial moment before shanking it horribly wide. It may not be good for the team but it will be funny.

I'm sure he's fine, but I'm just concerned the most depressing deal of the summer will see cork join someone like west brom or leicester for about 3m. Really big fan of his, and he proved he can play with wanyama too. Wanyama is better defensively, but cork is still a very good top flight CM and I'm gutted we're risking him leaving.

Most of all though, we have a fantastic set of CMs already. We have huge gaps in defence and attack, so signing CMs is kind of annoying. Yes MLG, I know deals can be worked on simultaneously, but it's hard to relax or be positive about it until we see good signings in the key areas.

I dont expect or recommend spending 70-80m on signings, but I do want to see 2-3 decent 10m sort of signings that really improve the side and show it's not all about sucking money out the club. At the moment we may cobble together a good XI but our depth is worse than ever, and any side like that is only ever a few injuries or some bad luck away from relegation.

Got to agree and is how I see it

The signing of taider for me just confirms we are losing a cm somewhere, which makes the signing all the more pointless as I find Cork, Vic and Morgan to be of better quality.

Taider looks a good addition. Not quite a replacement for Schneiderlin though. Impact sub?

Worrying thing is yet again he's a loan. No transfer money spent.

We still need high quality:

GK

RB

CB (possibly x2 depending on Fonte)

LB

CF (or two depending on Jay Rod)

And two impact subs.

If we keep Scneiderlin, Fonte and Jay Rod we need a minimum of 5 more Premiership quality players to safely hit mid-table. Even then, that assumes none do an Osvaldo and Koeman can rapidly gel a brand new team.

How much in reality do we have to spend? £40m max (30+25 already spent on infrastructure and existing player sales debt?

Doable?

Sounding more like the two deals aren't connected from reports today, are we going to be selling Osvaldo and getting Taider on loan?

Only from the paper talk section on sky sports which mentions Osvaldo will end his stay, but we won't make back our money. Another snippet saying Taider will sign today in a seperate deal. Don't know what papers they are from, but hopefully some truth in it

How much in reality do we have to spend? £40m max (30+25 already spent on infrastructure and existing player sales debt?

Doable?

We already more than recouped that cash from last year's prize money - those accounts didn't include the prize money from what I recall. Just wool brought down over our eyes at the end of last season!

We already more than recouped that cash from last year's prize money - those accounts didn't include the prize money from what I recall. Just wool brought down over our eyes at the end of last season!

Its a very good point Dan, well made. But it is difficult to work out exactly how much spending money there is. Reports from some posters indicate capital gains tax will smash the earnings from player sales, infrastructure we know is around £30m, player wages have been speculated by some posters to be as high as £50m, apparently we owe £25m in player fees. Last years premier league money is rumored to be in the region of £50m It's tricky to work out exactly how much Koeman has to spend. Add the uncertainly of KLs motives - there is no evidence, yet, that she intends to stay and invest, the indicators seem to still be weighed in favour of her selling players, selling the club and running away with as much cash as she can take with her.

There are several other truisms - if the transfer money from player sales (£92m and rising?) is subject to so much tax, then our Board have been even more incompetent in allowing players to leave so easily. i.e. whats left couldn't replace our talent like for like, despite inflated fees. Secondly, we must hold Krueger and Reed to account for their statements that 'every penny from transfers' (whatever that figure is) will be spent by Koeman - no one else will hold them to account except the fans. If not, like Pearce at Nottingham Forest today, a good manager may up sticks and walk away because of the lack of integrity of his Boardroom above him - and for me the only asset we have in any senior leadership position in the Club is Koeman.

Last years premier league money is rumored to be in the region of £50m.

Southampton's TV revenue was £76.9m in 2013/14, up from £43.8m in 2012/13.

Southampton's turnover in 2013/14 would have been over £100m (given that match day and commercial revenue in 2012/13 was £24.8m and it would be a similar if not larger figure in 2013/14)

Edited by Matthew Le God