Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

Taider plays further forward, he isn't really a DM, millieu relayeur at Grenoble. Couldn't say where he fits in at Inter, nowhere much apparently. They're after Gary Medel, Taider probably had whatever role Medel plays. Anyway I really doubt that Taider will sign for Saints, think he's had the chance to do so before and didn't..

Another point of semantics for you WC!

Speaking French doesn't make you sound any more clever, either...I can say mots de fantaisie in French, too, but prefer to stick to the English, you know, like every one else on here does. (And, if we're really getting into it, 'Millieu' actually only needs the one 'l'.)

A 22 year old international who played at the World Cup and 25 league games for Inter Milan last season is the least inspiring link since 2009? Really?

Whilst ou cannot dispute the fact that he appeared for Inter 25 times (13 starts+12 subs) last season you might also like to point out that he made 90 minutes 3 times ,10 of his appearances were for 18 minutes or less and 7 were of less than 10 minutes, 2 less than 5. Sounds a bit like Gaston if not Guly. Nothing against him myself but he's not a star act

that we should worry overmuch whether he comes or doesn't.

Another point of semantics for you WC!

Speaking French doesn't make you sound any more clever, either...I can say mots de fantaisie in French, too, but prefer to stick to the English, you know, like every one else on here does. (And, if we're really getting into it, 'Millieu' actually only needs the one 'l'.)

What do you call a milieu relayeur in English then, I certainly don't know. Milieu recuperateur and Milieu Relayeur seperate the 2 kinds that we call DM.

I've used the term before, no one seemed to mind then. I've been here 30 years, English isn't particularly natural to me any more. Most accept that, you can't apparently.

Tell you what put me on ignore, then you won't have to worry about me eh.

Edited by Window Cleaner

What do you call a milieu relayeur in English then, I certainly don't know. Milieu recuperateur and Milieu Relayeur seperate the 2 kinds that we call DM.

I've used the term before, no one seemed to mind then. I've been here 30 years, English isn't particularly natural to me any more. Most accept that, you can't apparently.

"Middle runner" sounds a fair bit like a central midfielder who is encouraged to push forward, perhaps through the middle, so 'attacking central midfielder' or ACM for those that like Football Manager. Even box to box midfielder works.

My point is that there are ample words in the English dictionary to describe the words that you have needlessly dipped into the French language for. I never once saw Alex Ferguson in his post match interview describing a player as being "the best Milieu Relayeur on the pitch" because, as English speakers with English words, we quite simply don't need to.

Whilst ou cannot dispute the fact that he appeared for Inter 25 times (13 starts+12 subs) last season you might also like to point out that he made 90 minutes 3 times ,10 of his appearances were for 18 minutes or less and 7 were of less than 10 minutes, 2 less than 5. Sounds a bit like Gaston if not Guly. Nothing against him myself but he's not a star act

that we should worry overmuch whether he comes or doesn't.

Still doesn't make him the "least inspiring link since the takeover" though does it? Which is the point I was making.

"Middle runner" sounds a fair bit like a central midfielder who is encouraged to push forward, perhaps through the middle, so 'attacking central midfielder' or ACM for those that like Football Manager. Even box to box midfielder works.

My point is that there are ample words in the English dictionary to describe the words that you have needlessly dipped into the French language for. I never once saw Alex Ferguson in his post match interview describing a player as being "the best Milieu Relayeur on the pitch" because, as English speakers with English words, we quite simply don't need to.

Milieu relayeur is not an ACM or a 'middle runnner' - not sure how you came up with that translation. Box to box is the closest reference but that doesn't completely do it as it brings to mind lurid visions of Richard Chaplow, not players who can link defense and attack through their passing, technique and reading of the game.

Milieu relayeur is not an ACM or a 'middle runnner' - not sure how you came up with that translation. Box to box is the closest reference but that doesn't completely do it as it brings to mind the Richard Chaplows of this world, not players who can link defense and attack through their passing, technique and reading of the game.

The term would be relaying midfielder surely, don't think i've ever heard that used in the Uk though, people just tend to use the term CM which could mean anything really.

DM CM AM without further precision.

Wasn't it water-carrier or something like that? Maybe hod-carrier:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/aug/19/sport.comment2

So did Koeman really say : Taider, he would bring quality to the midfield and we( really) need that ?

Haven't we got quality in midfield then, who of our err 6 or 7 midfielders isn't quality then.

It's a strange thing to say, perhaps it's just the translation that makes it seem odd. I'd have thought that with Wanyama,Cork Morgan (perhaps) Davis, JWP, Gaston and Tadic it's the one area where we're not too badly furnished.

Do you mean in this deal or altogether? Because he's the least inspiring transfer link i've heard probably since the takeover.

Played very well for Algeria when they played Belgium in the WC and made their so called "golden generation" play lateral for most of the match - Bettered Dembele by a mile who was hauled off not to appear in the tournament as a starter again.

Played very well for Algeria when they played Belgium in the WC and made their so called "golden generation" play lateral for most of the match - Bettered Dembele by a mile who was hauled off not to appear in the tournament as a starter again.

In fact it was quite odd that several Belgians currently playing in the PL had relatively poor tournaments. Dembele and Hazard spring to mind along with Lukaku.

In fact it was quite odd that several Belgians currently playing in the PL had relatively poor tournaments. Dembele and Hazard spring to mind along with Lukaku.

Yeah, Hazard was utter pants wasn't he? Can't think of a single thing he did all tournament.

Apparently talks are still ongoing over Schelotto, should be settled in a few hours.No mention of Taider though. Seems that Inter are determind to fob us off with someone that they don't particularly want to keep if they take Osvaldo off of our hands. Can't quite see what the bloke will bring us that we don't have already but who knows. I really do wonder if we're in control of this situation in any way whatsoever. Did Koeman mention Schelotto at all as well as Taider.

Apparently talks are still ongoing over Schelotto, should be settled in a few hours.No mention of Taider though. Seems that Inter are determind to fob us off with someone that they don't particularly want to keep if they take Osvaldo off of our hands. Can't quite see what the bloke will bring us that we don't have already but who knows. I really do wonder if we're in control of this situation in any way whatsoever. Did Koeman mention Schelotto at all as well as Taider.

He was only asked about Taider.

He sounded a bit like Steve de ridder to me. Sounds like an incredibly poor signing so hope we don't get him.

Don't know didn't see too many of Belgium's games, one perhaps, I know the Belgian public were fairly miffed over him though, expected too much no doubt.

You've made a judgement based on the one game you saw? Mange tout, windows, mange tout.

You've made a judgement based on the one game you saw? Mange tout, windows, mange tout.

I saw one whole game,extracts for all, I read the Belgian press about all of the others, perhaps the Belgian journalists were deceiving me and they all had a great tournament. That's why Hazard actually thought it necessary to accept publicly the criticism in the media. Perhaps he deceived himself.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/30/uk-soccer-belgium-hazard-idUKKBN0FZ1BL20140730

"Box to box" midfielder covers it absolutely fine. It's not a new position, just that the starting position tends to be more defensive nowadays rather than (eg the more defensive CM in a flat 4-4-2).

I got the impression that Taider has turned us down definitively actually, wrong end of stick seized perhaps though.

I think initially he did which has prolonged the whole process, but I gather from reports that he has since changed his mind. It was during the time where he initially turned us down that Schelotto was suggested.

I think initially he did which has prolonged the whole process, but I gather from reports that he has since changed his mind. It was during the time where he initially turned us down that Schelotto was suggested.

But were still negociating over Schelotto apparently and the deal is not yet definitive.

We'll soon see, Taider was in the US with the rest of the Inter players, if he turns up at Staplewood any time soon then we'll know.

I do hope not. In all honesty this would be certainly the underwhelming signing vs. Bertrand.

hmm, I do hope I'm wrong, but if we do get Schelotto it does suggest a reverse to the days of filling the squad with average players just for the sake of filling the squad.

Which is why I find it very hard to believe this particular speculation.

I look at this Schelotto guy and at first blush I'm very much underwhelmed. Yet, when you think about it, he's not the worst signing in the world. Take him out on loan, let him compete for a spot on the wing (where we are very short on quality at the moment - Isgrove v Mayuka, anyone?) and, if he's successful, invest further in a permanent deal. Again, it's hardly a worldy, but a sensible, prudent and low risk deal from Saints that could really benefit the (deprived) team this season.

Don't shoot the messenger - I'm just trying to make a case for Schelotto.

Edit: This post has the deals for both Taider and Schelotto going through in mind.

Relative to our positions at the time, yes.

Still doesn't make him the "least inspiring link since the takeover" though does it? Which is the point I was making.

A 22 year old international who played at the World Cup and 25 league games for Inter Milan last season is the least inspiring link since 2009? Really?

We signed Forren, remember? And if we're saying 2009 rather than just post-takeover, Otsemobor, Molyneux and Ryan Smith all spring to mind.

We signed Forren, remember? And if we're saying 2009 rather than just post-takeover, Otsemobor, Molyneux and Ryan Smith all spring to mind.

Molyneux and Smith were pre-takeover, which wasn't my point.

Otsemobor, relative to where we were at the time (-10 in league one with no expectations of doing anything that season) was actually a decent signing.

errr aren't we doing the same this whole deal smacks of you take our useless **** and will take yours.......

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/01-08-2014/inter-southampton-mercato-il-doppio-accordo-taider-schelotto-909792396.shtml

'The talks accelerated in the late afternoon yesterday. Taider had an interview "face to face" with Piero Help. The technical area manager explained to the Algerian Southampton is a great destination, good for

show off as evidenced by the disposals of Saints of the last days. As well as Osvaldo, Taider also would go away with onerous loan redemption (7 million ransom for both). But if Taider does not accept the Southampton, are ready Lazio, Sassuolo and another club in the Premier League.'

I remember when roma had to convince osvaldo to make the move here :uhoh::uhoh:

errr aren't we doing the same this whole deal smacks of you take our useless **** and will take yours.......

Absolutely, wish we'd just get it over with, Osvaldo is of no use to us as it is, no-one is going to buy him now so whatever it takes is acceptable, even Scheletto, if he's no good we won't play him and he'll cost less to maintain than an Osvaldo in a state of limbo.

However apparently Taider is asking for a big wodge from us and no deal has yet been reached on that front.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Molyneux and Smith were pre-takeover, which wasn't my point.

Otsemobor, relative to where we were at the time (-10 in league one with no expectations of doing anything that season) was actually a decent signing.

In that case, Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren Forren

:)