How do we feel now?

Wiggles31

I'm positive. The new management team is arguably stronger than those recently departed, and it will be interesting to see how MP succeeds or otherwise at the perennial high hopes/under achievers in north London.

The funds received for most of the departed are, in my view, certainly at premium prices. I don't think any of them will become the next Gareth Bale.

RK knows what he needs to replace the departed and has already started that process and will continue it in the next few weeks , added to the emerging Academy talent that will supplement the new purchases.

Loyalty to football clubs is rare nowadays. They all say the same encouraging things when they sign initially but squeal when more money elsewhere is offered.

Sign of the times and unlikely to change!!

Indeed but that's not what he said, they've obviously discussed it with him before acting in those 2 cases but to say that he'd assessed the squad and decided 5 players could be sold just isn't in line with his declarations. Now me, I think he threw a stroppy when Chambers went and gave them (the board) an ultimatum, hence Krusty's press comments.

At this moment in time, what 18 days before ouy first PL game of the season, the side is desperately short and players don't seem to be falling over themselves to correct that situation. Say Clyne gets injured, he's a bit prone to it at times, who plays RB then, another sprog from the academy, no manager worth his dime would accept going into a campaign like that.

Yep. Fair enough. I did say maybe. Missed that interview with Ron somehow.

The timing of the tweets showing an empty training pitch and an office with something about the pictures being for sale certainly fit with your theory.

It's all speculation though. I still think the biggest concern is that we didn't manage to get our replacements in first - that's a fact, and it's hard to see how that would be part of a sensible plan.

So, the board have some work to do to redeem themselves as far as I'm concerned (although I wouldn't go as far as to say they've been completely useless - they did get silly money for the players that left, signed 2 decent looking players and eventually drew the line at selling arguably our 2 best players). Fingers crossed...

I would feel a whole lot better if they didn't keep trotting out the SISA chairman Mike O'callaghan for interviews like Talksport this morning....my god he makes Saints fans sound and look thick!!

So SISA who is a member on here then....nope me neither

Edited by Give it to Ron

Indeed but that's not what he said, they've obviously discussed it with him before acting in those 2 cases but to say that he'd assessed the squad and decided 5 players could be sold just isn't in line with his declarations. Now me, I think he threw a stroppy when Chambers went and gave them (the board) an ultimatum, hence Krusty's press comments.

At this moment in time, what 18 days before ouy first PL game of the season, the side is desperately short and players don't seem to be falling over themselves to correct that situation. Say Clyne gets injured, he's a bit prone to it at times, who plays RB then, another sprog from the academy, no manager worth his dime would accept going into a campaign like that.

There's no arguing with that. I expected the first few games to be a write-off, sorry make that development process.

Taking money for season tickets while you are telling the fans that no players will be sold who the manager wants to keep, when you have actually sold one and promised to sell others already amounted to taking money on false pretences even before going on to sell two more, all of whom were contracted to club for long periods. If I'd bought an ST this year, I'd have been in the queue phoning to demand my money back. As it is, I bought a ticket from them for the Brighton game this week and I now have no intention of using it. I will be sending it back and asking for a refund, just to make a point.

Sussexsaint said he thinks Morgan should have spoken to the club before expressing his frustration on Twitter. Maybe, but shouldn't Kruguer have spoken to Morgan before using his name on Sky?

I suspect most of us liked what Kruguer said until we found out he hadn't cleared it with the players concerned. Its no good Kruguer going into PR mode, if what he says has no substance and promises aren't delivered. Kruguer must overrate himself because he comes out to do these interviews because he thinks he will be more persuasive than Les Reed but the last time he did this his words proved to be hollow and he promptly went into hiding for about 6 weeks. I can see him leaving the boardroom at the next meeting with the words "I'm just going outside and I may be some time."

From what has been said, he was called in and told that he would not be granted a move because he had a further 3 or 4 years (not sure which!) left on his contract which they are prepared to hold him to !

Seems fair enough to me, his only argument is that his mates managed to break their contracts so why can't he ?

IMHO, tough sh#t !

You don't fancy the contract, don't sign it !!

No it doesnt

Historical

kill one in every ten of (a group of people, originally a mutinous Roman legion) as a punishment for the whole group.

Quite correct, although these days it has come to mean ‘kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of’ and I've given up arguing against it.

No it doesnt

Historical

kill one in every ten of (a group of people, originally a mutinous Roman legion) as a punishment for the whole group.

Thanks for setting me right on that, CB.

Apols :)

What a legend. Who remembers the good old days when relentless and heartless pursuit of the Champions League and sod who gets hurt was the thing we did to others rather than a thing that was done to us?

Preferred those days, tbh

It does seem that the fans who have reacted against the board have had some effect. Obviously, Kruguer and Reed will not admit to a change of direction and will claim that they have done everything right from Day One; that deciding to sell half the team was in the club's best interests. But those who believed them and even defended them, can't take any credit if that plan has changed. Fans demanding refunds, and probably failing to sell 800 tickets for tonight's game at Brighton, may have had an effect which blind loyalty can never have.