Defectors Watch

adrian lord

A lot of LFC fans on Twitter are letting Lallana off by claiming he doesn't look match fit. He does look pretty knackered to be fair.

Do you think it'll take them the 7 years it took us to work out that he always looks like that, and you HAVE to take him off after an hour? He's played 60 and 66 minutes for them so far, which is pretty consistent with what he was doing for us a lot of the time.

"You got your move, and now you're shít!"

The missus has just been raging at Lallana and Balotelli, although the latter wormed his way into her good graces by scoring. So now it's just Lallana she is unhappy with.

Here is a picture of a disgruntled fan at the ground.

BxrdQhOCEAATMc5.jpg:large

Courtesy of @WeAreSaintsFC

Can we get this on the banner? :D

It's a little unfair to say AL is a 60 minute player. Look at his record over the past 2 seasons with us.

In the 2012/13 season, he played 30 PL games. Before his knee injury he played 14 x 90, 1 x78 and 1 x 40 (where he was subbed due to injury). When he came back MP was manager and he only made one other 90 mins. Total of 2230 mins = average of 74 minutes

In the 2013/14 season he played 38 PL games. There were 20 x 90 mins and 6 where he did 84 mins or more. 3082 minutes = average of 81 minutes

Do you think it'll take them the 7 years it took us to work out that he always looks like that, and you HAVE to take him off after an hour? He's played 60 and 66 minutes for them so far, which is pretty consistent with what he was doing for us a lot of the time.

Personally, I lived in hope that he'd become the finished article, something I'm not sure is going to be any easier at Liverpool. Said all along that they won't be as patient as we were, and let's be honest, wasn't really an atypical performance from Lallana last night. Indecision, poor final ball, knackered before 90 minutes and ultimately frustrating.

We were prepared to let that shít slide because on his day, he's close to unplayable. LFC just can't afford as many off days, and their fans won't put up with it the way we did.

I think we did well in getting rid of Lovren for £20m as comments from the Guardian suggest he is not top class

'But on the evidence of the last two games Lovren is nothing like the smooth operator that so impressed Rodgers when Southampton won at Anfield last season'.

I think we did well in getting rid of Lovren for £20m as comments from the Guardian suggest he is not top class

'But on the evidence of the last two games Lovren is nothing like the smooth operator that so impressed Rodgers when Southampton won at Anfield last season'.

Because their defence doesn't have the sort of quality sentry(s) in front of it that he had with us last season, it has the old fart Gerrard, slower he gets further they move him back, he'll be challenging Mignolet for his place soon, especially with that arse up last night. Rogers has to give up on Gerrard soon and put Lucas Leiva back in his rightful place.

Because their defence doesn't have the sort of quality sentry(s) in front of it that he had with us last season, it has the old fart Gerrard, slower he gets further they move him back, he'll be challenging Mignolet for his place soon, especially with that arse up last night. Rogers has to give up on Gerrard soon and put Lucas Leiva back in his rightful place.

Problem with that is, Lucas has hardly looked his old self (was never overly keen on him at his best if I'm honest) post-injury either.

Surprised they went for so many attacking players and didn't sort out a decent DM - Gerrard, Henderson & Allen aren't really defensive minded players that will break up play in front of the defence.

"You got your move, and now you're shít!"

The missus has just been raging at Lallana and Balotelli, although the latter wormed his way into her good graces by scoring. So now it's just Lallana she is unhappy with.

Here is a picture of a disgruntled fan at the ground.

BxrdQhOCEAATMc5.jpg:large

Courtesy of @WeAreSaintsFC

We need to track this gentleman down, the epitome of the knowledgable Liverpool fan :-)

Chambers didn't have much to do on his first away trip for a CL game. Unused sub for Arsenal's 2-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund last night, but worse still he lost out on a place in the back four to teenager Hector Bellerin who was making his first start, his only previous appearance being an extra time sub in a Capital One Cup game last season. Still, Callum can console himself with the thought that had he stayed at St Mary's he wouldn't have got a start ahead of Clyne anyway.

Chambers didn't have much to do on his first away trip for a CL game. Unused sub for Arsenal's 2-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund last night, but worse still he lost out on a place in the back four to teenager Hector Bellerin who was making his first start, his only previous appearance being an extra time sub in a Capital One Cup game last season. Still, Callum can console himself with the thought that had he stayed at St Mary's he wouldn't have got a start ahead of Clyne anyway.

Tonsillitis

Lambert has played a grand total of just over 45mins football so far. LOL

Think that's a bit unfair. He's still done nothing wrong and is ending his epic journey of a career at his hometown club - he probably would like to play more, but I'm sure he's still just buzzing to be there, involved and on the bench with the odd appearance.

Think that's a bit unfair. He's still done nothing wrong and is ending his epic journey of a career at his hometown club - he probably would like to play more, but I'm sure he's still just buzzing to be there, involved and on the bench with the odd appearance.

He still deserves the ribbing though.

Kind of feels a bit like your wife leaving you for their teenage crush then finding out they're stuck at home cleaning the house whilst their old/new piece is out partying with other mates, doing all the things she thought she'd be doing with him.

Rodgers has right royally buggered up his squad.

...that's what you do when you have LOTS of money at your disposal. Now he's built a team that's totally dependant on Sturridge and Baliotelli.

judging by what Saints fans know about RL - he could do worse than start Rickie every game and see the result, it could hardly be worse.

It's the same League that RL played in for the last two seasons.

I think after watching the away Spurs game last season, all three goals we conceded were Lovren errors, and definitely showed some warning signs.

Schneiderlin and Big Vic were both out, and I think that exposed Lovren's weaknesses. In hindsight, maybe it does show that he wasn't actually as good as he was cracked up to be, and that while he was an improvement on Jos and Maya, he isn't actually the £20m cb that the scousers thought they were getting, and its our midfield that was responsible for our solid defence last season.

It's a little unfair to say AL is a 60 minute player. Look at his record over the past 2 seasons with us.

In the 2012/13 season, he played 30 PL games. Before his knee injury he played 14 x 90, 1 x78 and 1 x 40 (where he was subbed due to injury). When he came back MP was manager and he only made one other 90 mins. Total of 2230 mins = average of 74 minutes

In the 2013/14 season he played 38 PL games. There were 20 x 90 mins and 6 where he did 84 mins or more. 3082 minutes = average of 81 minutes

please dont let the facts get in the way of making out someone who was regarded as great for us, is actually pants for them!

I think after watching the away Spurs game last season, all three goals we conceded were Lovren errors, and definitely showed some warning signs.

Schneiderlin and Big Vic were both out, and I think that exposed Lovren's weaknesses. In hindsight, maybe it does show that he wasn't actually as good as he was cracked up to be, and that while he was an improvement on Jos and Maya, he isn't actually the £20m cb that the scousers thought they were getting, and its our midfield that was responsible for our solid defence last season.

.......how long will it take Brendan to figure that one out, I wonder?

:lol:

That's clearly rubbish. Lovren was fantastic for us and his subsequent performances for Liverpool don't change that.

Kind of feels a bit like your wife leaving you for their teenage crush then finding out they're stuck at home cleaning the house whilst their old/new piece is out partying with other mates, doing all the things she thought she'd be doing with him.

As general analogies go, that one seemed way too specific and personal! ;)

It didn't quite work out for Lovren at Lyon either. Maybe we are more Lovren's level, rather than a team with title and European aspirations.

And Lyon without Lovren how's that worked out for them then. Please stop citing Lyon, it's a crap hole where they sell any player they can for a maximum amount of money. Even their Golden Boy manager walked out on them because of it. Lyon was exactly what I feared we may have become when we started selling players willy nilly, they do it all of the time

though, every season and replace them with cheap imports and youth team wannabees, sometimes they get lucky, usually don't. Awful start this season, absolutely atrocious.

Edited by Window Cleaner

And Lyon without Lovren how's that worked out for them then. Please stop citing Lyon, it's a crap hole where they sell any player they can for a maximum amount of money. Even their Golden Boy manager walked out on them because of it. Lyon was exactly what I feared we may have become when we started selling players willy nilly, they do it all of the time

though, every season and replace them with cheap imports and youth team wannabees, sometimes they get lucky, usually don't. Awful start this season, absolutely atrocious.

Oh I wish we were like Lyon, 7 consecutive league titles in the last dozen or years says differently.

That's clearly rubbish. Lovren was fantastic for us and his subsequent performances for Liverpool don't change that.

I'm not saying he was bad by any stretch, I'm just saying, maybe our midfield flattered him, and covered for other shortcomings in his game, which when given weaker teammates around him become more apparent.

I'm not saying he was bad by any stretch, I'm just saying, maybe our midfield flattered him, and covered for other shortcomings in his game, which when given weaker teammates around him become more apparent.

This seems a fair summary for this time. We shall get a better idea as time goes on, of course. As it stands, Saints may have made a killing.

Err, dr, yes you did. You said that he wasn't as good as good as he was cracked up to be. If that is not saying ' he was bad' by any stretch, don't what is?

The book Soccernomics discusses the Lyon approach at length. It is not all bad. Their ideas on how to treat/support foreign players are quite intelligent. Their primary flaw (in my view) is their apparent automatic willingness to sell a player when their valuation of him is met. If nothing else, I think you need to refuse to sell some players even when you are offered enough money both to keep the team winning and to keep other teams from trying to low ball their transfer offers to you.