Clyne is next one to go

Batman

Everyone stop wetting the bed FFS, we have only sold 5 players with 2 already replaced and with more to come. We have a manager who is of a higher calibre than MP and some great young players like Targett to step into the team.

We may even start next season with a better RB than Clyne AND Chambers put together.

I think everyone should go outside and read a book and come back September 1st

Everyone stop wetting the bed FFS, we have only sold 5 players with 2 already replaced and with more to come. We have a manager who is of a higher calibre than MP and some great young players like Targett to step into the team.

We may even start next season with a better RB than Clyne AND Chambers put together.

Overly optimistic IMO.

Morgan's all but gone.

My point being it can always be worse; at least we don't have to sit through West Ham's style of football, West Brom's amateur manager, Villa's awful signings, QPR's awful manager and over the hill players or Burnley's inevitable demise. Not the best situation I grant you but I reckon Koeman will be more than up for/to the challenge!

That's contingent on us tying cork down to a new deal and retaining wanyama.

Depends on whether Koeman wants to bring in more midfielders as well - Clasie would be relatively cheap in both fee and wages for example, although I would still be surprised if the Fonte/Cork contracts aren't resolved long before January as it makes little sense to let serviceable players move on a Bosman

This is actually hilarious. I'd quite like us to not have a single player left from last season, just because it's so ridiculous. Who's idea was it to buy a home shirt with ??? On the back? Like that idea :D
I was thinking the other night how are the BBC going to put a saints player on their opening credits lol

Everyone stop wetting the bed FFS, we have only sold 5 players with 2 already replaced

I don't agree with this. I just don't see Pelle and Tadic as replacements. Our squad was too short on quality last year, and had we sold nobody we would still have needed a new striker and a new AM.

The squad is so, so thin right now.

I don't agree with this. I just don't see Pelle and Tadic as replacements. Our squad was too short on quality last year, and had we sold nobody we would still have needed a new striker and a new AM.

The squad is so, so thin right now.

i think you will find dig dig was being ironic

• 1 month later...

The thing that I really want to stress is that buying the best players doesn't make a team. Liverpool have bought well, but Saints look and play like a team. Funny how Rogers is playing Lovren at right centre back and Lallana on the left.

Players will only perform to the maximum ability when they are comfortable in the formation and position.

I wonder how many points Rogers will lose before he realises that he must play to the players strength rather than adapt them to the system.

Football is an immediate results business. Koeman is the man of the moment.