Poortvliet stands firm

eelpie

Results have not been good enough and I'm getting to the stage where I would be less and less bothered if he was sacked but some of the points people make about him are stupid. The body language? Someone at Swansea the other week berated him for having his hands in his pockets, ignoring the fact that Martinez was adopting a very similar stance about ten yards away.

And another thing... Why on earth choose Davis as captain? How can he possibly influence anything when he's standing in goal concentrating on keeping out shots that are coming at him from 35 yards?

For realsies? You've never heard of goalkeepers making good captains? You remember who collected the FA cup when we lost to Arsenal?

Results have not been good enough and I'm getting to the stage where I would be less and less bothered if he was sacked but some of the points people make about him are stupid. The body language? Someone at Swansea the other week berated him for having his hands in his pockets, ignoring the fact that Martinez was adopting a very similar stance about ten yards away.

For realsies? You've never heard of goalkeepers making good captains? You remember who collected the FA cup when we lost to Arsenal?

wasnt shilton captain during one of our most successful periods?