Is Katarina Tarnishing Markus' Legacy?

Pastor Patrón

It would be reasonable to assume that Hans Hofstetter is advising Katharina. He's a lawyer and is bound to advise against risk (otherwise his indemniity policy would be assuming it). There aren't many riskier investments than a football club particularly one in a "difficult" financial position as he said earlier in the year with an outstanding liability of £27m.

So, as a lawyer, he's going to advise her to create a sufficient financial reserve to cushion the risk or to get out of it. Getting rid of a team in the Premier League at, say, £50m with no debts, a stadium and category 1 Academy, is going to be considerably easier than finding a buyer for £150m. Ask Randy Lerner. You just pocket £100m from the sales to make up the difference.

Could this be the scenario. A cushion or to aid a sale.

Interesting that you mention that.

I noticed this quote on Nicola Cortese's wiki page, it's attributed to an interview with Tony Evans (ironically yes that Scouser Tony Evans) in The Times in March 2010. The whole article can't be read without subscribing but here's the link for anyone who has got that.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article2466646.ece

Clubs spend money they do not have; they spend next year’s income. They spend money that will not arrive for two years and say, "But we'll have some success and bring in more cash to cover the shortfall". It cannot be sustained. In good times you need to be saving money for the bad times. If we reach the Premier League, I would like to be in a position where we did not need parachute payments. In good years you should put money away for the bad years

Maybe, KL is putting Cortese's strategy into play!!

• 2 months later...
I can't imagine he'd be the proudest person in the world if he knew what was happening to his club atm. She essentially wrestled control from Cortese who he apparently 100% trusted with the running of the club and has since demolished everything that the previous regime stood for.

I have to say, I think Markus would be extremely proud of his daughter.

Fairplay Kat, you're doing a cracking job.

I have to say, I think Markus would be extremely proud of his daughter.

Fairplay Kat, you're doing a cracking job.

+1. How lucky we are the have an owner like her. Not scared to make tough decisions with the best interests of the club at heart.

Why don't we get those detailed reports of what happened at that Austrian printing company anymore?

After all, that was conclusive proof that Katharina was a bumbling clueless idiot who didn't know the first thing about business.

Why don't we get those detailed reports of what happened at that Austrian printing company anymore?

After all, that was conclusive proof that Katharina was a bumbling clueless idiot who didn't know the first thing about business.

To be fair, she may know **** all about business, but she will get advised the whole way on strategic decisions.