What do we do as fans !?

simo

Did you read my op ?

Yes. So, no signings by the home friendly and what? No white hankies allowed. What's your proposal? '2468 who do we not appreciate? The board!' Banners with 'How dare you sell our players for £100million!' 'We'd rather be in admin!' What is your suggestion?

Cant remember Koeman saying that, certainly made no mention of this last night during any of his interviews.

I think I'd like to hear Katerina make a strong statement of intent. I don't want a list of targets. I want a see quality players. I want to see all the money spent on quality. So, I will make my judgment on 1 Sep, when I can see her reaction and statement of intent in practice.

Maybe he didn't speak slowly enough for you......

Cant remember Koeman saying that, certainly made no mention of this last night during any of his interviews.

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: “We are working very hard to bring some players in, and we are very close to doing that. We need to be patient.” #saintsfc

Yes. So, no signings by the home friendly and what? No white hankies allowed. What's your proposal? '2468 who do we not appreciate? The board!' Banners with 'How dare you sell our players for £100million!' 'We'd rather be in admin!' What is your suggestion?

Yeh songs, banners ,walk outs anything that will show the board we have had enough of being lied to ! What do you suggest we do , nothing and keep having the **** taken out of us!?

Yeh songs, banners ,walk outs anything that will show the board we have had enough of being lied to ! What do you suggest we do , nothing and keep having the **** taken out of us!?
Look Im very unhappy what is going on, but futile marches and banners are loved by the media but does nothing to help the fans or club. Basically we have to put up with it as the club belongs to KL and she is legally able to play with it how she pleases.

Look Im very unhappy what is going on, but futile marches and banners are loved by the media but does nothing to help the fans or club. Basically we have to put up with it as the club belongs to KL and she is legally able to play with it how she pleases.

We don't have to do anything ! "Putting up with it" is what got the Nazis the power they had ! Make a stand and speak up for what you believe in

We don't have to do anything ! "Putting up with it" is what got the Nazis the power they had ! Make a stand and speak up for what you believe in

I dont think this can be likened to Hitler. We have to stay calm and wait and see. This time next week the board may have got off their spotty behinds and got us a few decent players. Iam as vocal as many about the way the club is being run but making waves and causing unrest just gives off negative vibes. it is a downward spiral.

i still recall how sick i felt when i saw saints fan fighting Saints fan against Doncaster in those dark days 6-7 years ago. You are a passionate Saints fan and follow whoever is kicking the ball for us.

If Chambers is sold I'm out until Katarina is. I can't pretend to support them when I can't honestly say I do literally support them, we deserve to be relegated if things play out as they're looking to. I really hope attendances plummet this season to show they can't get away with sh#t like this.

If Chambers is sold I'm out until Katarina is. I can't pretend to support them when I can't honestly say I do literally support them, we deserve to be relegated if things play out as they're looking to. I really hope attendances plummet this season to show they can't get away with sh#t like this.

Is that a promise?

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Is that a promise?

We can all only wish..

I dont think this can be likened to Hitler. We have to stay calm and wait and see. This time next week the board may have got off their spotty behinds and got us a few decent players. Iam as vocal as many about the way the club is being run but making waves and causing unrest just gives off negative vibes. it is a downward spiral.

i still recall how sick i felt when i saw saints fan fighting Saints fan against Doncaster in those dark days 6-7 years ago. You are a passionate Saints fan and follow whoever is kicking the ball for us.

May have? I get your point but people seem to be dealing in ifs buts and maybes rather than facts! The fact is we have sold or are looking to sell most of our best players and so far signed 2 players albeit supposedly good players who have never played in the premier league ! When do we panic , when it's too late and the transfer window has closed !?

You only have to cast your mind back a few years to the dark days of administration and points deduction to remember the pain. After some reflection, we still have our club, the Board have failed in meeting our aspirations but actually, the most fun I've had as a fan was in the Championship where the teams are equally matched. If that is ultimately our fate, worse things have happened at sea....or just along the coast.

I'm thinking history will judge us as having had an opportunity to gatecrash the party but the risk of crashing and burning was too great. I don't think it is the transfer fees but the wages we ultimately can't afford with our commercial base. If you think how much the players that left would have had to have been paid to equal what they are being offered then that runs into millions. Our cost base would have tripled overnight. If Jose was right, Shaw wanted £130k a week! We simply can't afford that unless KL wants to bankroll it and actions suggest she doesn't and frankly, I don't blame her.

You only have to cast your mind back a few years to the dark days of administration and points deduction to remember the pain. After some reflection, we still have our club, the Board have failed in meeting our aspirations but actually, the most fun I've had as a fan was in the Championship where the teams are equally matched. If that is ultimately our fate, worse things have happened at sea....or just along the coast.

I'm thinking history will judge us as having had an opportunity to gatecrash the party but the risk of crashing and burning was too great. I don't think it is the transfer fees but the wages we ultimately can't afford with our commercial base. If you think how much the players that left would have had to have been paid to equal what they are being offered then that runs into millions. Our cost base would have tripled overnight. If Jose was right, Shaw wanted £130k a week! We simply can't afford that unless KL wants to bankroll it and actions suggest she doesn't and frankly, I don't blame her.

Good post.

I'm reliably informed that Koeman is not happy and has made his feelings known to the board. He was given assurances when he took the job and the board have already failed to stick to their side of the deal.

Before you all start slating me, this information came directly from someone who works for the holding company and is a business associate of my father. He said, 'even I don't know what is going on, there's a split in the boardroom with one or two people making all the decisions. Take it from me, it's not a good place to be at the moment.'

Now I've said far too much already, I've supported Saints all my life and I believe our fans have the right to know what is going on. We've been treated like idiots before and it should never happen again. Sadly it is and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Can I just remind people what Ralph Krueger said when he arrived:

“I am honoured to take on the role of Chairman of Southampton Football Club and the group.

“I have had the opportunity to meet with a large percentage of the staff at Southampton and it is clear there is a positive soul throughout the Club, both at St Mary’s and the training ground.

“We will build on that soul by creating platforms of open communication both inside with the staff and outside with our fan base.

“Although there is a solid foundation in place, the Club still has tremendous untapped commercial potential. We will continue to nurture “The Southampton Way” by reaching for consistent growth in all departments to ultimately build a culture that allows Southampton to remain healthy and sustainable in the future.”

Lies, lies and more lies.

Enough is enough.

My theory is that the national team managers have been encouraging the players to move to so called bigger clubs, play Champions League football and increase their chances of being chosen regularly for their country.

After all Hodgson openly admitted he was pleased Rickie and Lallana had moved didn't he? Also international players must talk amongst themselves when the squad meets about how good a certain manager/club is to play for, or how much money is on offer at these clubs. There's probably clandestine tapping up going on - manager says I want that player can you persuade him Stevie G? (hypothetically speaking of course).

We have to trust that RK is not being strung along and that players will be signed - I would imagine if promises have been made and not kept then he'll be off sooner rather than later as well.

I'm reliably informed that Koeman is not happy and has made his feelings known to the board. He was given assurances when he took the job and the board have already failed to stick to their side of the deal.

Before you all start slating me, this information came directly from someone who works for the holding company and is a business associate of my father. He said, 'even I don't know what is going on, there's a split in the boardroom with one or two people making all the decisions. Take it from me, it's not a good place to be at the moment.'

Now I've said far too much already, I've supported Saints all my life and I believe our fans have the right to know what is going on. We've been treated like idiots before and it should never happen again. Sadly it is and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

“I am honoured to take on the role of Chairman of Southampton Football Club and the group.

“I have had the opportunity to meet with a large percentage of the staff at Southampton and it is clear there is a positive soul throughout the Club, both at St Mary’s and the training ground.

“We will build on that soul by creating platforms of open communication both inside with the staff and outside with our fan base.

“Although there is a solid foundation in place, the Club still has tremendous untapped commercial potential. We will continue to nurture “The Southampton Way” by reaching for consistent growth in all departments to ultimately build a culture that allows Southampton to remain healthy and sustainable in the future.”

Enough is enough.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and assuming you meant a different company in the group, but I don't think the holding company actually employs anyone at all.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and assuming you meant a different company in the group, but I don't think the holding company actually employs anyone at all.

Sorry, poor choice of wording. I have to be careful how much I say. What I will add is that the general vibe is that Les Reed is at the centre of everything and seems to be a bit of a headless chicken on a ego trip.

Enough is enough.

Well you certainly know how to make the Forum posters feel a little bit better about the whole situation. As fans that are 'lied to' what shall we do....the same as when we are 'told the truth to'....absolutely nothing as we have no power.

Still let's all feel miserable. Good work.

There isn't much we can do,so there's no point in getting too wound-up about the situation. I find the best way is to treat it as I do with football in general - with a big helping of cynicism and contempt.

There's still quite a bit of time left in this transfer window so lets see what the squad is like when the window closes.