The biggest mistake of all

Huffton

The guy who bought our club, started its renaissance and whose money is still funding it is dead. You have zero evidence that he wasnt a successful businessman beyond supposition. So why impugn somebody who has done so much for this club based on nothing at all? Im not sure what reaction you expected tbh.

I didn't say he was unsuccessful I said there's little evidence that he was.

And the value of saying that is what? People need to know when its important to speak and when its important to stfu.

The context was in response to the assertion that KL's father was the businessman, not her. The "value of saying that" was to point out that her grandfather was the successful businessman, while her father has no track record of individual success in evidence.

Arguably he was a more successful businessperson than his daughter in light of the fact MALI Group suffered many job losses and has clearly been scaled back in his absence, but that may arguably be because engineering was his personal interest and not KL's. He might even have been subsidising losses. IIRC the few revenue figures I got wind of were not remotely close to those of a 3bn empire. Football was his personal interest, not KL's. Thats not to say SFC is being managed the way MALI was. We appear to be on a hiring binge.

I see no reason to "STFU" about the myth of ML which apparently stands without scrutiny, based on ropey information.

If you have better information, I'd love to hear it.

The context was in response to the assertion that KL's father was the businessman, not her. The "value of saying that" was to point out that her grandfather was the successful businessman, while her father has no track record of individual success in evidence.

Arguably he was a more successful businessperson than his daughter in light of the fact MALI Group suffered many job losses and has clearly been scaled back in his absence, but that may arguably be because engineering was his personal interest and not KL's. He might even have been subsidising losses. IIRC the few revenue figures I got wind of were not remotely close to those of a 3bn empire. Football was his personal interest, not KL's. Thats not to say SFC is being managed the way MALI was. We appear to be on a hiring binge.

I see no reason to "STFU" about the myth of ML which apparently stands without scrutiny, based on ropey information.

If you have better information, I'd love to hear it.

Just out of curiosity, what's the definition of success applied to ML?

I posted this on 'Koemans new squad' thread but probably a better fit here...

It's clear that this is not a spontaneous occurrence, this has been planned for a long time which is precisely why NC left and Kat decided to appoint a motivational speaker rather than a football chairman. She thought he would be the best person to spoon feed us bullshi!t. I don't know what her motivations are but I suspect it's purely a money generating exercise now rather than progressive football club.

It was always a money generating exercise difference is NC saw more money being generated as the club progressed KL seems to have decided it cant progress much further so need to start cashing in!

Biggest single mistake? Letting Cortese go. No-brainer. It all fell apart from there. Ambition, leadership, ruthlessness, loss of the media war, loss of shrewdness and robustness to resist outside influence on players. Loss of respect for the club leadership from the players...

Love him or loathe him, whether it was the right time for him to go or not, it appears that he was holding the ship together.

Biggest single mistake? Letting Cortese go. No-brainer. It all fell apart from there. Ambition, leadership, ruthlessness, loss of the media war, loss of shrewdness and robustness to resist outside influence on players. Loss of respect for the club leadership from the players...

Love him or loathe him, whether it was the right time for him to go or not, it appears that he was holding the ship together.

They begged him to stay but he was asking for unrealistic levels of money and/or control

One way or another we couldn't afford him. FFP may have been the reason he wouldn't stay.