Asset stripping

wessex saint

You could just say no to chambers

Do you think he would go on strike?

I would be amazed if there haven't been bids for Barkley and stones, yet you don't see them desperate to leave

Agree, the idea some have that if there's the slightest sniff of interest clubs sell instantly is nonsense. That's what's so terrifying about saints currently. Embarrassing actions by a prem club, acting like a league 1 club.

That would have been nice but it's not the modern way on the football world. What I don't understand is why the bigger clubs don't follow our model. Why aren't they buying up the academy instead of its products?

I still don't think its un feasible with a decent board/owner. Pity we don't have that anymore.

Sure they would buy saints as their feeder club if they were allowed.

I'm impressed usually its just Alps banging on about our demise during the transfer window but it seem's to be growing based purely on some sales of players.

Sad old sentiment I know but I will see what the final state of play is on 1st Sept given the huge pile of money we have to spend and if Ron thinks he has a team that can implement his style and is happy with the team then good news.

This is going to be a massive learning season for both management and new players so I don't think we can strive to reach last seasons results and will have a slow start but next season can't come quick enough in terms of progression.

Have a look at the story splashed across media today re Shaw picking up £120K per week. And AL went for £100K a week. Brings a bit of realism into the debate.

What some of the headbangers who think the world has ended and the Board are wicked people seem to overlook is the impact on the employee, in this case a player, when you say "no you aren't going". They seem to think its a simple as saying "well they won't go on strike"' and so therefore everything will be fine. Perhaps they could take a few seconds to think through impact of sulking and negative players/employees showing up to work day after day, perhaps sh!t stirring behind the new manager's back, and putting in inferior performances.

Like every one else I am sad to see good players go, but unlike us these players haven't loved the club for decades. I for one am very happy with the alleged transfer targets and will assess where we are when window closes on August 31st. We certainly aren't short of money so let's see what happens

Have a look at the story splashed across media today re Shaw picking up £120K per week. And AL went for £100K a week. Brings a bit of realism into the debate.

What some of the headbangers who think the world has ended and the Board are wicked people seem to overlook is the impact on the employee, in this case a player, when you say "no you aren't going". They seem to think its a simple as saying "well they won't go on strike"' and so therefore everything will be fine. Perhaps they could take a few seconds to think through impact of sulking and negative players/employees showing up to work day after day, perhaps sh!t stirring behind the new manager's back, and putting in inferior performances.

Like every one else I am sad to see good players go, but unlike us these players haven't loved the club for decades. I for one am very happy with the alleged transfer targets and will assess where we are when window closes on August 31st. We certainly aren't short of money so let's see what happens

Spot on

It's unbelievable that you DON'T think it's an asset strip

What would you call it then ?? 7 or 8 players from our first team squad sold off

Just a mild change in personnel ??

Go back and tell Katharina to sell the Club and get back from whence she came

She really has no time for Football

We are clearly telling the world we will sell any player if we they ask

Sellingb three players to one club is just inanity

I look forward to lend Ralph being booed it of the ground come October

I'm impressed usually its just Alps banging on about our demise during the transfer window but it seem's to be growing based purely on some sales of players.

Sad old sentiment I know but I will see what the final state of play is on 1st Sept given the huge pile of money we have to spend and if Ron thinks he has a team that can implement his style and is happy with the team then good news.

This is going to be a massive learning season for both management and new players so I don't think we can strive to reach last seasons results and will have a slow start but next season can't come quick enough in terms of progression.

By 1st September we may already be bottom of the league with 1 point if we are lucky. Points dropped in August can never be recovered and by 1st September its too late to do anything about it.

I work in the corporate world. I have never seen such accerelated asset stripping as I'm seeing right now.

Well.. Good luck katharina .. I hope you can sleep at night!!

The rest of us. .. I think as long as we only drop to league 1 we'll be ok. Still got some good kids coming through

You are simply wrong. If Staplewood was sold off, then I would be the first to agree. But that will not happen. No this is more akin to lean change management. Take cost out the business and generate quick and significant cashflow for reinvestment.

You are simply wrong. If Staplewood was sold off, then I would be the first to agree. But that will not happen. No this is more akin to lean change management. Take cost out the business and generate quick and significant cashflow for reinvestment.

Who would buy Staplewood ? Not much demand for state of the art training centres with one careful lady owner. That will be sold with the shell of the club in a year or so i expect.

Today's most sensible post.

Well spotted. Why is it that others can't see this?

I work in the corporate world. I have never seen such accerelated asset stripping as I'm seeing right now.

The rest of us. .. I think as long as we only drop to league 1 we'll be ok. Still got some good kids coming through

Another complete BS post. Asset stripping? In what world does an organization spend millions on new "assets" if they are in the process of asset stripping? You say you are in "the corporate world" (nicely vague description by the way), but you clearly have no corporate sense.

Another complete BS post. Asset stripping? In what world does an organization spend millions on new "assets" if they are in the process of asset stripping? You say you are in "the corporate world" (nicely vague description by the way), but you clearly have no corporate sense.

Well as I might have hypothesised back in May the book value of the club had probably been overtaken by it's liabilities. By selling some of our crown jewels and replacing them with less expensive but in theory still substantial players wouldn't the value to debt ratio be re-established and still leave a saleable club with some sort of solid base. I still think that the club will be up for sale within the next 6 months or so once the debt purge has ended. It won't be a popular theory of course but I've read elsewhere that I am not the unique prophet of this outcome.

As you work in the corporate world it's safe to assume that you have objectives, targets, and possibly financial budgets to work to, be accountable for and as such will have timeframes and therefore deadlines to work in and against.

If your boss or shareholders (depending on your actual level, judged you against these measurement 5 weeks before the deadline you were working to and planned against would you think that is fair?

That is what you are doing to the club and the board. Be fair in your judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF the stories are true about others leaving, then we really will not survive in the premier league next season.

You cannot take that kind of core out of any team and expect to survive!

#

I was bold enough to predict a fight against relegation back in May. I was lambasted and ridiculed for being pessimistic in predicting 17th. Now I am being told that I am being unduly optimistic in predicting 17th !!

#

I was bold enough to predict a fight against relegation back in May. I was lambasted and ridiculed for being pessimistic in predicting 17th. Now I am being told that I am being unduly optimistic in predicting 17th !!

TBF, you are usually lambasted for historically talking bowlocks. Old habits die hard. ;)

Well as I might have hypothesised back in May the book value of the club had probably been overtaken by it's liabilities. By selling some of our crown jewels and replacing them with less expensive but in theory still substantial players wouldn't the value to debt ratio be re-established and still leave a saleable club with some sort of solid base. I still think that the club will be up for sale within the next 6 months or so once the debt purge has ended. It won't be a popular theory of course but I've read elsewhere that I am not the unique prophet of this outcome.

Lol. Swung again ain't ya? What happened to I'm not subscribing to asset stripping, even though I've been alluding to it for months?

I have no idea wtf is going on. I hate what is happening at the minute, I really do.

But, asset stripping? Stupid suggestion.

Why sanction £30m in training facility upgrades (whether or not that price increased due to incompetence is irrelevant, it was still sanctioned)?

Why hire Koeman to replace MP? I can't imagine he is 'cheap' next to a Leeds-esque Hockaday signing, or a Wigley style promotion.

Why replace £30m of assets (Lambert & Lallana) with £20m assets (Tadic & Pelle)? As opposed to just making do?

None of this fits in with the 'asset stripping' idea.

I've tried to stay upbeat this summer, and I'm really struggling at the moment. Not just with Saints, but football in general. I am seriously disillusioned. But FFS, this doesn't look like an asses strip.

I havnt bothered to look if it is correcr, but a mate said same people who moaned about players saying thing about thinking about leaving or wanting to leave due to club changing their ambition, are now defedning the board despite them lying to us. Obviously honesty isn't something people value anymore, at least the players give us an honest indication of the reality at the club in the last few months. Ps I don't even know if he was talking about this forum but doesn't suprise me considering some of the posts I've read here and elsewhere on the web.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Lol. Swung again ain't ya? What happened to I'm not subscribing to asset stripping, even though I've been alluding to it for months?

I have no idea wtf is going on. I hate what is happening at the minute, I really do.

But, asset stripping? Stupid suggestion.

Why sanction £30m in training facility upgrades (whether or not that price increased due to incompetence is irrelevant, it was still sanctioned)?

Why hire Koeman to replace MP? I can't imagine he is 'cheap' next to a Leeds-esque Hockaday signing, or a Wigley style promotion.

Why replace £30m of assets (Lambert & Lallana) with £20m assets (Tadic & Pelle)? As opposed to just making do?

None of this fits in with the 'asset stripping' idea.

I've tried to stay upbeat this summer, and I'm really struggling at the moment. Not just with Saints, but football in general. I am seriously disillusioned. But FFS, this doesn't look like an asses strip.

It's in Kat's interest to ensure that the club maintains Premier League status in the short term, the spend on Koeman and any players brought in is easily covered by the huge amounts of TV money by itself. The quick sale of the most valuable players still gives her a huge net return but none of it is in any way for the benefit on field success .

The investment into infrastructure like the training ground was signed off years ago when Kat wasn't involved, it just needs paying for now. If it wasn't already progressing, I doubt she would bother.

#

Dalek I would rip your arm off for 17th right now !!!

this doesn't look like an asses strip.

Reed is deffo making an ass's strip imo. I reckon Kat asked him to:

1) Recoup as much dollar as possible selling bros

2) Build new, cheaper, squad which won't get relegate

Phase 1 is going ok!

• 5 months later...

Well, apart from the mass hysteria from some, I counted one reference to Katharina as a cow and another accusation that the board were liars and I hope that those posters in particular feel a bit sheepish following how it has all turned out.

Thankfully though, Saint Richmond has had the decency to pipe down considerably since then, as he came across as the biggest idiot knee-jerker.

If Chambers is sold It seems that KL wants to get her investment back. Whether she will sell the carcass only time will tell.

Everybody mentions the transfer money in but what hasn't been pointed out is the money from the TV we also have coming in. In May we had the most valuable game in the world the Championship playoff where the winner gets part of the massive PL pot, we are already in that Club.

I posted sometime ago it was a cloaked asset strip, I was wrong in my wording it is a cloaked return of investment. Take in 100+m and spend 30ish

The RUMOUR/ talk I heard of KL wanting 200m for the club but somebody wanting to give 100, and so KL creams the other 100 from player sales may have a little substance. Of course if we spend 50m next week and I am wrong again.

Without getting into whether this view ever had any merit, the thing I never quite got was why Chambers was seen as a big issue. The price we received for a player who clearly was going to be 2nd choice to a top young player was a no-brainer. I think there is a fair chance if he had stayed he would have still be waiting for a start.

Well, apart from the mass hysteria from some, I counted one reference to Katharina as a cow and another accusation that the board were liars and I hope that those posters in particular feel a bit sheepish following how it has all turned out.

Thankfully though, Saint Richmond has had the decency to pipe down considerably since then, as he came across as the biggest idiot knee-jerker.

I think he's hiding behind another user name for now. Probably reappear if things don't go so well in the future.