Clyne the next one to leave?

Batman

it never ever works though.

it worked for shaw and chambers as they had top players around them

our top players want out (very vocally) or have already left

we will do well not to emulate Villa at this rate.

Field your team full of kids and hope to stay up

"never ever works" then giving two examples of it working seems a bit silly don't you think?

You, or I, don't know what is going on behind the scenes but our club always has, and always will, give more opportunities to our academy graduates than other teams. I hope that does not mean we will over-promote but, by the same token, I am happy to take the odd chance. In fact I am rather glad we do it and think it is our best chance of ever being a successful club.

Besides we have signed two decent players. It is reasonable to assume we have other targets in the pipeline. If Clyne leaves it is worth remembering there could be many factors ie. him, the new manager, emergence of academy product etc.

it never ever works though.

it worked for shaw and chambers as they had top players around them

our top players want out (very vocally) or have already left

we will do well not to emulate Villa at this rate.

Field your team full of kids and hope to stay up

You'll never get anywhere playing kids, eh?

We're doomed.

We've lost Lallana, Shaw, Lambert, and will soon be losing Lovren, Schneiderlin, Fonte, Clyne, Chambers, Cork, Rodriguez, Ramirez. Have I missed anybody?

Then of course, we will have to replace some players not deemed good enough, like Hooiveld, Yoshida, Mayuka. What's wrong with Wanyama and Davis? Doesn't anybody want them?

I'm surprised that the top teams haven't anticipated the rise to prominence of the next batch of youngsters from the academy. Buy them now and they could save themselves £20 million + on their value within a couple of years. We're in meltdown/having a fire-sale, so every players is up for grabs.

Quite why we brought in Koeman and then Pelle and Tadic is a complete mystery to me. Didn't anybody read the script?

why are thick people so obsessed with opinions on everything? you know it's perfectly acceptable to reserve judgement on things? you know, until they happen? or until you do some research?

you don't get points more having lots of opinions, it doesn't make you more of a man. it just makes your opinions worth a hell of a lot less.

you get more pompous with every post.

its a message board, lighten up ffs

one of resident ITK'ers has said that it is real possibility that Clyne may be sold

:uhoh:

These posters you hold up as "ITK' what do they know? Nothing personal but most 'itk' posts are either vague, rehash of common knowledge, or wrong. There maybe evidence of them breaking specific news as can't say seen all their posts.

OS saying Clyne out with strain?

Mid season, before all rumours, I felt good chance one RB may go - hard to keep two very good (top 4 level?) RBs happy at a club our size, particularly when both young.

I still wonder if their is a plan to use one of them differently - Clyne further forward or LB, Chambers one of 3 at back?

These posters you hold up as "ITK' what do they know? Nothing personal but most 'itk' posts are either vague, rehash of common knowledge, or wrong. There maybe evidence of them breaking specific news as can't say seen all their posts.

OS saying Clyne out with strain?

Mid season, before all rumours, I felt good chance one RB may go - hard to keep two very good (top 4 level?) RBs happy at a club our size, particularly when both young.

I still wonder if their is a plan to use one of them differently - Clyne further forward or LB, Chambers one of 3 at back?

You know nothing, Jon Snow......

why are thick people so obsessed with opinions on everything? you know it's perfectly acceptable to reserve judgement on things? you know, until they happen? or until you do some research?

you don't get points more having lots of opinions, it doesn't make you more of a man. it just makes your opinions worth a hell of a lot less.

Someone of your superior intellect shouldn't get so worked up about what the thick, common people are saying, no?

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 1m

Anyone worried about @Nathaniel_Clyne – don't be. He's just got a slight groin problem. #SaintsOnTour

BswsNbmIcAA9AK7.jpg

Christ - will you just look at that collar. Sub-Primark

Meanwhile over in suvla bay the Brits were having breakfast while the Anzacs were trying to take the Nek

In the long grass were the ottoman snipers and the Brits were frightened to advance . Had they had a better plan they could have dealt with the snipers as there numbers were small . Given the guan analogy ,

I think the club are looking at an all round defensive plan in succeeding with their mission

ding ding

Mustapha Kamel was a fine tactician

That's quite a funny post :)

Meanwhile over in suvla bay the Brits were having breakfast while the Anzacs were trying to take the Nek

In the long grass were the ottoman snipers and the Brits were frightened to advance . Had they had a better plan they could have dealt with the snipers as there numbers were small . Given the guan analogy ,

I think the club are looking at an all round defensive plan in succeeding with their mission

ding ding

Mustapha Kamel was a fine tactician

But was soon overtaken by Mustapha Tank.

Wouldn't surprise me if Clyne was off. He was making it clear at the awards event that he wanted away to a London club. Alledgedly.

Yeah he was talking to the Arsenal and Chelsea Scouts that were in attendance at the Southampton FC Awards ceremony. In between the main and dessert if I recall correctly.

Jokes aside, there were quite a few clues from being in attendance that night as to what was about to unfold.