INGS a possibility?

thorpie the sinner

I believe that in 2 weeks, we will have made some good signings, sold Lovren for an superb profit, and hopefully Morgan will be impressed enough by our new recruits to stick around. Keep the faith. :)

Do you know how many players the club are after Guan? - assuming Morgan stays and Lovren goes.

Because you asked so.... nicely? >>>>>>>>

The reason i asked for SW to give the board 2 weeks was very simple. On the day that I asked for a week, there were many on here saying we had gifted Tadic to Everton, and missed the boat on Pelle. Because i was still hearing positive noises, I thought we would still bring them to the club. A week later, both had signed, and Koeman's first press conference had calmed and impressed many.

I believe that in 2 weeks, we will have made some good signings, sold Lovren for an superb profit, and hopefully Morgan will be impressed enough by our new recruits to stick around.

Keep the faith. :)

Faith kept and thanks for confirming what anyone with a bit of logic should have assumed.

It can't be easy trying to get quality players with all the competition around but it's obvious the club are doing their best. It must be that lack of ambition.

I believe Guan works at the club. Obviously don't know in what capacity, but after his last post I'd hazard a guess it may involve hospitality .

Nope. Honestly don't.

Do you know how many players the club are after Guan? - assuming Morgan stays and Lovren goes.

4-5 players. The fifth depends on the quality of the fourth, and their ability to play a second position. But we are approaching many players. Someone might tell JC's dad that's why we are busy!

Three posts, done for the day.

Faith kept and thanks for confirming what anyone with a bit of logic should have assumed.

It can't be easy trying to get quality players with all the competition around but it's obvious the club are doing their best. It must be that lack of ambition.

How is it obvious the club are doing their best?

It's not clear to me that we either are or are not.

4-5 players. The fifth depends on the quality of the fourth, and their ability to play a second position. But we are approaching many players. Someone might tell JC's dad that's why we are busy!

I may be going down the wrong track but could the fourth be relating to Rojo in terms of him being equally adept at CB as well as LB.

Many thanks. I like having a few players who can play more than one position. Thats van Gaal's philosophy apparently - a small tightly knit squad of 22-23 flexible players who can cover injuries and loss of form.

OK, let me rephrase that. If you read between the lines.........

We have signed 2 players we should be happy with. We have reportedly made serious contact regarding others of good quality (i.e. reading between the lines Forster was serious contact, Ings was serious contact). We have Guan's confirmation that the club is working on 'good' signings.

Do you need more? I'm personally quite content with what we appear to be doing out there.

Nope. Honestly don't.

Good to hear there are a few in the pipeline.

I do think that finding a few hours to sort out JC would be a wise investment of time though.

All llallanas left peg

The club are doing their very best .,you might not think so . But then you and the Olallana feller have your head in Liverpool

. I like their style , keeping it quiet until the deal is done

Ps I hope Dubai us okay on board which ever airline he is currently flying with

Do you think anyone at the club goes to work thinking 'I'll try and be a bit s**t today'?

'I could do my best to secure a humdinger of a transfer, but those c***s on Saintsweb will only moan, so I'll just sit here with my feet up and play with my dinkle.'

We have signed 2 players we should be happy with. We have reportedly made serious contact regarding others of good quality (i.e. reading between the lines Forster was serious contact, Ings was serious contact). We have Guan's confirmation that the club is working on 'good' signings.

Do you need more? I'm personally quite content with what we appear to be doing out there.

I think trying is the least the club can do given the sales thus far. The proof is in the pudding and getting signings over the line. I'm aware it can be hard but we've never had more money so if we can't get deals over the line then I suspect there is something up elsewhere. As always, the club have until the end of the window before I'll make conclusions but I'm concerned at their work thus far.

Because you asked so.... nicely?

Ings move is currently stalled, but we (the club i mean. Not me literally. I mean, sometimes friends and family will ask how saints performed over the weekend, and i will say "We won". They will immediately become apoplectic and throw my own boots at me (which, truth be told, I am too big for), and ask what the hell I am thinking, claiming to be some semi-demi player-cum-club representative, waggling my juicy morsels to all and sundry. I then explain that i am incorporating the individual strata the (fanbase, players, and board) in my description of the club as a collective. They then smile and agree it was obvious, as we bite off a foxes nose) are still positive.

The reason i asked for SW to give the board 2 weeks was very simple. On the day that I asked for a week, there were many on here saying we had gifted Tadic to Everton, and missed the boat on Pelle. Because i was still hearing positive noises, I thought we would still bring them to the club. A week later, both had signed, and Koeman's first press conference had calmed and impressed many.

I believe that in 2 weeks, we will have made some good signings, sold Lovren for an superb profit, and hopefully Morgan will be impressed enough by our new recruits to stick around.

Haha, just ignore him, Guan.

Ings move is currently stalled, but we (the club i mean. Not me literally.

The bit about Ings was potentially interesting, before going off a tangent...

I think trying is the least the club can do given the sales thus far. The proof is in the pudding and getting signings over the line. I'm aware it can be hard but we've never had more money so if we can't get deals over the line then I suspect there is something up elsewhere. As always' date=' the club have until the end of the window before I'll make conclusions but I'm concerned at their work thus far.[/quote']

The thing is, we have got deals over the line. Two deals. We will get more deals over the line.

I know this will get the "but this is a public forum for speculation" but I don't understand how you can speculate on a procedure that you clearly have no understanding of. Buying a footballer is not like going to a shop to buy some milk, there is so much more to it than "here's £10m, can we have your goalkeeper please?"

Not signing players immediately doesn't mean it's not going to happen at all, and questioning whether we can get deals over the line suggests that you are ignoring the fact that we have done so twice this window already.

All llallanas left peg

The club are doing their very best .,you might not think so . But then you and the Olallana feller have your head in Liverpool

. I like their style , keeping it quiet until the deal is done

Ps I hope Dubai us okay on board which ever airline he is currently flying with

Sorry, care to explain that?

And while the questions are out, is Adam Blackmore still causing a big stir at the club?

after the wonderfully lyrical tangent, it ended up with 'are positive!' Getting quite excited now

Indeed it does. Sorry but I could not wade through that.

So we are "positive", but does that mean "positive" in a 'we are still optimistic of signing Ings' , or a 'well, sod it, won't sign him, but the sum is shining today, and we might sign someone else instead ' way ?

I'll assume and hope it's in signing Ings.

Ings move is currently stalled, but we (the club i mean. Not me literally. I mean, sometimes friends and family will ask how saints performed over the weekend, and i will say "We won". They will immediately become apoplectic and throw my own boots at me (which, truth be told, I am too big for), and ask what the hell I am thinking, claiming to be some semi-demi player-cum-club representative, waggling my juicy morsels to all and sundry. I then explain that i am incorporating the individual strata the (fanbase, players, and board) in my description of the club as a collective. They then smile and agree it was obvious, as we bite off a foxes nose) are still positive.

after the wonderfully lyrical tangent, it ended up with 'are positive!' Getting quite excited now

Dont know how you managed to understand Guan's post? Sorry to be harsh to Guan but its really frustrating when one of the few ITK on this forum continuously posts in such a incomprehensible way.

I took it to mean that Ings is a Burnley player, but we are confident that in a perfect world he would like to join Southampton! As nothing in football is straight forward, there will be a period of game playing, toing, froing and gesturing before the end game is presented. Who will provide the fatal blow? Who knows, we are confident, we will dethrone their queen and rip their king asunder and victory will be ours! Hand on heart, I think Danny Ings will be a Saints player come Aug 31st!

So no point looking at this forum daily Guan ?

As always' date=' the club have until the end of the window before I'll make conclusions but I'm concerned at their work thus far.[/quote']

You don't know what their work is, other than Tadic and Pelle, which are the results of their work.

As you say yourself, we have until the window closes. I have no doubt the club are doing everything they can do to secure more signings, the right signings, before then. It'd be nice if it all happened sooner rather than later but we all know the window doesn't work like that.

Dont know how you managed to understand Guan's post? Sorry to be harsh to Guan but its really frustrating when one of the few ITK on this forum continuously posts in such a incomprehensible way.

Look at his first paragraph, then remove everything between the first and last brackets - and read what remains. "Ings move is currently stalled, but we are still positive." Proust it isn't. :)

Really? I thought it was very straight forward.

Ignore the paragraph starting "Ings move is currently stalled" if you're struggling. He's taking a jab at people who have made a fuss out of the fact that he refers to "we" when referring to the club. Basically saying a lot of football fans say "we" when talking about the club they support.

De Vrij, Rojo, Ings, Forster and say Redmond and only losing Lovren would be an outstanding window.

Can't see it happening, but that would be 7 good signings and a profit overall. Good options in every position then too.

Would love it to happen. Great mix of English talent, potential and foreign quality.

Agreed. Failing that, Kongolo instead of Rojo and Van Dijk for De Vrij.

Having a player like Kongolo or Rojo who can play LB or CB would be a smart move, as it would allow us to be selective about when we give Targett opportunities at LB and also ensure that Jos is no where near the first-team picture.

Tell me more about the cum-club pls

I thought guans post was straight forward to

A bit obscure I agree but quite clear even if you have to stay on the greyhound bus before you get to the next state

So ings may well happen. (I would be well chuffed)

The other players are nearly across the finishing line,

And if they do then Spider-Man will stay

Lovren is off for acould sum and we will have someone better coming in

I would like to rob the scouse gits blind

But hopefully it is not a team in the premier league

I thought guans post was straight forward to

A bit obscure I agree but quite clear even if you have to stay on the greyhound bus before you get to the next state

So ings may well happen. (I would be well chuffed)

The other players are nearly across the finishing line,

And if they do then Spider-Man will stay

Lovren is off for acould sum and we will have someone better coming in

I would like to rob the scouse gits blind

But hopefully it is not a team in the premier league

Spider 'might' stay. Just level-setting expectations :-)

Do you think anyone at the club goes to work thinking 'I'll try and be a bit s**t today'?

'I could do my best to secure a humdinger of a transfer, but those c***s on Saintsweb will only moan, so I'll just sit here with my feet up and play with my dinkle.'

Why not, why should the club be any different to most other businesses?

He's referencing comments made by certain posters in response to his previous update.

Fully agree with this, don't know why people are complaing for. I trust what Guan says.

For GUAN

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,

And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Look at his first paragraph, then remove everything between the first and last brackets - and read what remains. "Ings move is currently stalled, but we are still positive." Proust it isn't. :)

Yeah, but lots are worrying about temps perdu at the moment..

It would be nice to celebrate a signing this week though...

For GUAN

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,

And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

He makes exceedingly good cakes too

The thing is, we have got deals over the line. Two deals. We will get more deals over the line.

I know this will get the "but this is a public forum for speculation" but I don't understand how you can speculate on a procedure that you clearly have no understanding of. Buying a footballer is not like going to a shop to buy some milk, there is so much more to it than "here's £10m, can we have your goalkeeper please?"

Not signing players immediately doesn't mean it's not going to happen at all, and questioning whether we can get deals over the line suggests that you are ignoring the fact that we have done so twice this window already.

Then why are other clubs signing players with such ease? Can we not afford the players we're going after? Are we realising that when you sell players for big fees before you buy that you then have to pay more than you should for players as other clubs aren't stupid? Are we failing to attract players on a sporting level?

As far as I am aware the club have never been richer or in a better position to attract players yet thus far all we've done is managed to 'back fill' two of our best players with two punts from Holland (which could be very good or very bad - no-one knows - but that is the gamble you take). There are 6 weeks left of course but the concern is how we haven't been able to use any leverage to get deals done when in theory we have a lot of money to spend. Lets see what happens.

Then why are other clubs signing players with such ease?

How do you know the ease of which they sign them? Do you follow every transfer made by other clubs from leaked rumour on a forum, to speculation in the press, to agent and club posturing to actual negotiation to "done deal"?

Look how long the Ben Davies transfer talk, that was being talked up for ages. Look at the Suarez deal, that took forever! And so did Luiz (x2), Costa, Debuchy etc, even Burnley took ages to sign Marvin Sordell and they got him for free! We just think that saints take longer because we see more due to being avid followers of the club. We might not have even moved for players up until now because Koeman wanted to assess the squad and the market. We don't know.

As you say, we have 6 weeks. 6 weeks is a long time. I am confident we will sign more players.

its a load of bollix.

I suspect guan is a little short on info, hence the cryptic clues

he's not short on info, it's what the club want us to hear that's all. If they didn't want us to know then he'd have been gagged by now. KBilly's your man. When he says something it's the dog's nuts.

How do you know the ease of which they sign them? Do you follow every transfer made by other clubs from leaked rumour on a forum, to speculation in the press, to agent and club posturing to actual negotiation to "done deal"?

Look how long the Ben Davies transfer talk, that was being talked up for ages. Look at the Suarez deal, that took forever! And so did Luiz (x2), Costa, Debuchy etc, even Burnley took ages to sign Marvin Sordell and they got him for free! We just think that saints take longer because we see more due to being avid followers of the club. We might not have even moved for players up until now because Koeman wanted to assess the squad and the market. We don't know.

As you say, we have 6 weeks. 6 weeks is a long time. I am confident we will sign more players.

Clubs with financial clout are getting deals done. We should be one of them at the level we now operate but we're finding it hard. I have no idea why but if we can't get deals done in our current situation it doesn't bode too well. Many of the deals you referenced were done very quickly after the World Cup finished, so I don't buy that they took a long time - the reason they did was the tournament many of the players were at rather than the process of the deal taking a while.

We'll see what happens in the next six weeks.