INGS a possibility?

thorpie the sinner

BTW whats your actual original opinion on the situation then?

That Ings isn't prepared to commit to a new deal (fair enough) and that rather than lose a player on a free, Burnley are going to cash in now to the tune of nigh on 10m (what is the rumoured fee? 8m, right?) and reinvest.

Burnley FC ‏@BurnleyOfficial 1h

Danny Ings: “As far as I am concerned, Burnley Football Club and the Premier League is where I am, 100%." 1/2

Danny Ings: "Everybody knows I enjoy playing for Burnley Football Club. It’s a fantastic family club and I am not looking to leave.” 2/2

Good thing we've got pots of cash from selling two players and Premier League TV deals then!

Question is whether we would want to spend enough of it (on someone who may not even be a starting player) for them to be interested.

Will be a tough deal to do, he is their best player and they need his goals to have a chance of staying up. He is worth more to them than to us in all liklihood.

BTW whats your actual original opinion on the situation then?

My opinion is that I am gutted still we took our foot off the pedal when cortèse left. Very upset at handling of lambert should have got more for him and not be dictated to by Liverpool. A bit worried that they said they would wait to see what koeman said about lallana and shaw and then he said they were already sold when he got here. However, am a bit more optimistic about recent quotes ie handling of lovren and signings. I however , fail to see why I shouldn't expect my club to sign a lifelong saints fan from burnley. I also am fed up with seeing quoted from you like "it's obvious Morgan will be sold" and "Ings won't be coming" when you don't know. Enough bad things have happened without a doom merchant predicting more IMO

Danny Ings: “As far as I am concerned, Burnley Football Club and the Premier League is where I am, 100%." 1/2

Danny Ings: "Everybody knows I enjoy playing for Burnley Football Club. It’s a fantastic family club and I am not looking to leave.” 2/2

Burnleh legend.

Our players never said that

100% committed and Burnley, but hasnt/wont sign a new contract :?

image.jpg

It's probably best to leave speculation to the realms of reality. What do you expect, that Burnley will force Ings to sign a new contract?

When do prem clubs let million pound assets go for nothing? Very very very rarely

If he joins an English club at the end of his contract Burnley would get compensation, like when we signed Nathaniel Clyne.

Which would be considerably less than what they would get now

When does your scenario ever happen?

If he won't sign a contract, he will be sold by January

Was browsing the Burnley forum and thought I'd share perhaps the most ridiculous statement I've read on a forum that isn't this one:

Posted 16 Jul 2014 21:46

re: Ings

"In all seriousness I honestly do not see Southampton finishing above us next season.

They have had a fantastic season last season, granted, so much so that I actually wanted to see them do well by the end of it.

However losing the Manager that achieved that success, along with the half dozen players who were above average, means they will in for a real challenge to stay up next season."

Maybe Dalek has infiltrated the clarets?

Which would be considerably less than what they would get now

When does your scenario ever happen?

If he won't sign a contract, he will be sold by January

I didn't know about the compensation to Burnley aspect if Ings were to leave at end of contract. So, I may be wrong on this but... Does Ings have the right to turn down a contract with a third party club and remain with Burnley until his current contract terminates? My assumption is yes, meaning that it's not entirely up to the club whether he's sold or not?

Will anyone actually want to pay decent money for him in January? knowing that in a few months they can get him for almost nothing. It's a case of either selling now or allowing him to leave for free this time next year

If he scores goals? Damn right someone will.

I didn't know about the compensation to Burnley aspect if Ings were to leave at end of contract. So, I may be wrong on this but... Does Ings have the right to turn down a contract with a third party club and remain with Burnley until his current contract terminates? My assumption is yes, meaning that it's not entirely up to the club whether he's sold or not?

But when do players really turn down a move that, in Ings case, would most certainly involve a more established prem club and a very decent pay rise?

Can't see it happening.

Was browsing the Burnley forum and thought I'd share perhaps the most ridiculous statement I've read on a forum that isn't this one:

"In all seriousness I honestly do not see Southampton finishing above us next season.

They have had a fantastic season last season, granted, so much so that I actually wanted to see them do well by the end of it.

However losing the Manager that achieved that success, along with the half dozen players who were above average, means they will in for a real challenge to stay up next season."

Sounds like our first season up when saying kelvin for England and we were the best club outside of the top 4

Yeah I know, it was a mental few

But when do players really turn down a move that, in Ings case, would most certainly involve a more established prem club and a very decent pay rise?

Can't see it happening.

I'm not sure that really answers my question, but I guess what you're suggesting all depends on the player. Some might want to give back to their club (I.e. loyalty) and see out their contract whereas others might jump ship at the first opportunity. Different circumstances will breed differing results.

Pay Burnley a reasonable fee with 50% now and 50% when he moves at the end of the coming season.

Bit fairy tale and child like but would give Burnley what they need, Ings a year of prem experience and fulfilling his contract.

After seeing what Palace achieved last year of course they are confident. Outside of the top ten there is a lot of dross in the Premier League, we are more then likely going to be pulled back into that pack if we strengthen no further and that leaves us vulnerable to the likes of Burnley if they echo Palace's achievement last year.

I'm not sure that really answers my question, but I guess what you're suggesting all depends on the player. Some might want to give back to their club (I.e. loyalty) and see out their contract whereas others might jump ship at the first opportunity. Different circumstances will breed differing results.

It never happens though. Money talks, as we have seen this summer.

Lallana was kissing the badge a few months ago.......

It sounds good what you suggest. Be nice if it was actually a reality

So you reckon Burnley will sell their main striker whose goals might keep them in the PL for less than 8m?

All Im saying is people seem to think this is a done deal because of a picture of a panda, when it appears not to be the case.

Guan hasnt even said what has actually developed today, he just posted a picture of a red panda.

Not sure why but this post made me laugh out loud.

Will anyone actually want to pay decent money for him in January? knowing that in a few months they can get him for almost nothing. It's a case of either selling now or allowing him to leave for free this time next year

Yes, there's always one club hovering at the lower end,lower mid table that needs to desperately 'buy in' some goals as a solution, and would gladly cough up over the odds for it. (QPR -Remy, Fulham - Greek bloke whose name I can't recall, and probably couldn't spell it if I did, are prime examples).

Pay Burnley a reasonable fee with 50% now and 50% when he moves at the end of the coming season.

Bit fairy tale and child like but would give Burnley what they need, Ings a year of prem experience and fulfilling his contract.

What, so pay them to field 'our' player for a year? Hmmm.

Love it; "I am not looking to leave ... but if the club accept a ridiculous offer for me and it's for the good of the club, then I will reluctantly have to move on"

Building bridges to leave on good terms, something Lallana didn't master.

Just my take on it anyway and I actually have no idea if he's any good or not.

It's probably best to leave speculation to the realms of reality. What do you expect, that Burnley will force Ings to sign a new contract?

That, or they sell him. Pretty common practice at every football club, everywhere. Kinda "the realms of reality", I'd say.

Far more realistic than the "oh look! A free player!!" nonsense you're coming out with.

Running his contract down to the bitter end is not actually "giving back to their club", is it? It's fu cking them over.

Ings won't do that. It's called reality.

Half a dozen? I thought that was six not three!

Yes, there's always one club hovering at the lower end,lower mid table that needs to desperately 'buy in' some goals as a solution, and would gladly cough up over the odds for it. (QPR -Remy, Fulham - Greek bloke whose name I can't recall, and probably couldn't spell it if I did, are prime examples).

But why would Ings, a few months away from being a free agent, tie himself to a long contract at a club in relegation trouble?

Edited by buctootim

That's their version of nick G

That's their version of nick G

Their version of NickG never said that or anything like that and you are deliberately misunderstanding them on purpose or something.

You need to understand the meaning of "might maybe realistically aim to possibly try to realistically target" something, mate.

Their version of NickG never said that or anything like that and you are deliberately misunderstanding them on purpose or something.

You need to understand the meaning of "might maybe realistically aim to possibly try to realistically target" something, mate.

Ahh of course, he never said anything like it. What he meant was their squad is good enough to finish above us but a realistic aim is to finish 3 places below us with a likely finish of at least 6 places below us, or something.