INGS a possibility?

thorpie the sinner

Rodriguez didn't score 21 Championship league goals in a season when he was 21 years old like Ings did last season. So on what is that "glance" based on?

It may surprise you to learn, MLG, that when me & SB say we're scouting a player, we don't mean that we looked up his scoring records on wikipedia. We take into account the one game we saw him play for Burnley last season, some goals we saw on The Football League Show, that time we watched an England U21 game, the general appearance of his Herman Munster face & various other observations.

I think Ings would be good but we could do better. I would expect us to but another striker who is in his early 20s and probably knocking on the door of a top 20 ish National team/squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously nothing overly imminent. There is a 10min interview just recorded with him on the Burnley website.

We are probably keen but any deal will take ages.

Perhaps Guan has been told we are about to make a bid.

I think Ings would be good but we could do better. I would expect us to but another striker who is in his early 20s and probably knocking on the door of a top 20 ish National team/squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like, say, Danny Ings? ;-)

EDIT: only fair to back that up;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10822149/World-Cup-2014-England-manager-Roy-Hodgson-should-hold-his-nerve-and-commit-to-youth.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2577811/Roy-Hodgson-keeping-tabs-Danny-Ings-plans-include-Burnley-striker-England-squad.html

Edited by Polaroid Saint

As we're running a bit short on strikers this season, I wouldn't mind seeing Ings join Saints now. But, for some reason, I can't help but think 'why the big rush?'. The guy is just coming up to 22 and is on the final year of his contract. Why not wait until he's stayed in the Premier League for a year first and then move in on a free? Surely then the board can make a more accurate assessment as to whether he's Southampton/Premier League quality and it saves us money.

As we're running a bit short on strikers this season, I wouldn't mind seeing Ings join Saints now. But, for some reason, I can't help but think 'why the big rush?'. The guy is just coming up to 22 and is on the final year of his contract. Why not wait until he's stayed in the Premier League for a year first and then move in on a free? Surely then the board can make a more accurate assessment as to whether he's Southampton/Premier League quality and it saves us money.

Let's assume, for a second, that Burnley won't let him run his contract down and just leave on a free.

I expect lobster lungs and crab kidneys are in meltdown in the Burnley web, slamming the board for running Burnley worse than the venkeys with the outrage that one or their key players has not only disgracefully been allowed to get into the last year of his contract but might be sold to a bigger club. They know something they do, it'll make all burnley fans toes curl and eyes water and theyll tell everyone all about it, just you wait and see.

And you always look on the negative sign for saints.

Not at all. Just saying he seems fairly happy and content. If he was close to a move then it would be a huge PR fail for him to have done that interview. Especially as he clearly works hard at portraying a good image.

We may sign him, but won' t be in the next few days like some think.

Not at all. Just saying he seems fairly happy and content. If he was close to a move then it would be a huge PR fail for him to have done that interview. Especially as he clearly works hard at portraying a good image.

We may sign him, but won' t be in the next few days like some think.

If Burnley were to cash in now, rather than him leave for nothing, it would not be on him, either.

Eh?

Would that be, Burnley selling him, rather than Ings wanting to leave, and indeed leaving next season for nothing. Same result just different PR for all involved. Half the transfers done seem to be about how clubs come out of it all in the eyes of their fans.

If Burnley were to cash in now, rather than him leave for nothing, it would not be on him, either.

Very true. But their PL safety would be worth way more than the fee we would give them.

They may decide to cash in, up to us to make a good enough offer, but it doesn't seem like Burnley are trying to negotiate from what Ive read from them.

Very true. But their PL safety would be worth way more than the fee we would give them.

They may decide to cash in, up to us to make a good enough offer, but it doesn't seem like Burnley are trying to negotiate from what Ive read from them.

You know more than guan now do you? Seriously mate cheer up.

That you are a miserable depressing git. HTH.

So you reckon Burnley will sell their main striker whose goals might keep them in the PL for less than 8m?

All Im saying is people seem to think this is a done deal because of a picture of a panda, when it appears not to be the case.

Guan hasnt even said what has actually developed today, he just posted a picture of a red panda.

Good thing we've got pots of cash from selling two players and Premier League TV deals then!