INGS a possibility?

thorpie the sinner

But this can't be true, a poster, is it Tom28, said he's definitely joining us and had a go at people for questioning it?

correct........I expect we will hear about a mysterious last minute hitch that saw this "done deal" go breasts north :lol:

Balotelli won't be going anywhere. Borini and Lambert are likely to be off as well. And what about Markovic?

Big name striker

Sturridge

Origi

Markovic (or is he right wing)

Ings

Balotelli

Borini

Lambert

Markovic was actually bought as an attacking wide player, but Brendan Rogers, being the tactical genius that he is, played him at right or left wing back.

They've also got Aspas, who is out on loan this season. They have a proper stock-pile of strikers not good enough for them, quite odd.

Bit of a reality check for Liverpool I think. Linked with the likes of Higuain, Lacazzette, Vieto etc.....but end up with Ings.

Good player, not denying that, wouldn't have said no to him here.....but he's not the sort of signing which is going to propel Liverpool back into contenders.

Not really, he won't cost them a great deal in the end and he's a proven goalscorer in the PL. We've all see what happens to some Calcio and Liga goleadores in the PL...thay cost around 30 million and then don't perform. Balotelli scored a lot of goals in Italy I think, Osvaldo a fair few not to mention Soldado. The PL is so completely different that proven PL quality counts for a great deal.

Bit of a reality check for Liverpool I think. Linked with the likes of Higuain, Lacazzette, Vieto etc.....but end up with Ings.

Good player, not denying that, wouldn't have said no to him here.....but he's not the sort of signing which is going to propel Liverpool back into contenders.

Exactly, would have been a good signing for us. But for a club with Champions League expectations and a delusional fanbase who would have expected a big name? Not so sure. I really hope we get Austin now

Not really, he won't cost them a great deal in the end and he's a proven goalscorer in the PL. We've all see what happens to some Calcio and Liga goleadores in the PL...thay cost around 30 million and then don't perform. Balotelli scored a lot of goals in Italy I think, Osvaldo a fair few not to mention Soldado. The PL is so completely different that proven PL quality counts for a great deal.

He will cost them at least £10m-£12m at tribunal as a result of Tottenham's accepted £12m bid. Plus Liverpool pay rather exaggerated wages.

Kudos to whoever it was earlier in the season, who knew Ings, that said he would be going to Liverpool as he wanted to stay in the NW.

I picked up from an old friend of his sometime around Xmas time I think that he was saying Liverpool was a done deal and agents were working behind the scenes. Posted it up here, but can't find it now!!!

He was never interested in coming here as he doesnt want to come south

That is not entirely true. If anyone cares to look back when Ings name was first mentioned i stated i had it on very good authority that Ings has 2 offers on the table...one from Saints and one from Liverpool. It came directly from Ings sister here in Southampton. Ings is very close to her and her children and because of very personal reasons he was considering coming here. Now what has happened between then and now is anyones guese...it could be Saints interest that they made known to him late last year cooled or the family problem no longer became a problem......If i was not a 100% confident on what i posted i would not bother....i dont look for some ITK recognition, purely keeping fellow Saints in the picture about something i was lucky enough to be privy to.

That is not entirely true. If anyone cares to look back when Ings name was first mentioned i stated i had it on very good authority that Ings has 2 offers on the table...one from Saints and one from Liverpool. It came directly from Ings sister here in Southampton. Ings is very close to her and her children and because of very personal reasons he was considering coming here. Now what has happened between then and now is anyones guese...it could be Saints interest that they made known to him late last year cooled or the family problem no longer became a problem......If i was not a 100% confident on what i posted i would not bother....i dont look for some ITK recognition, purely keeping fellow Saints in the picture about something i was lucky enough to be privy to.

Saints had a bid in.... Correct... (Well, not a bid but we lodged interest) But the info I got was due to family issues he wasnt keen on a move south. I believed at the time that it was Everton that were in the driving seat early last summer. For whatever reason that didnt materialise.

Obviously I didnt want to mention what I heard re family issues.

• 4 months later...
feck me, seems to be a common injury...these knees going pop

I'm glad it wasn't me just noticing it the last couple of years. How many have there been, seems to be far more than any other period of football I can ever remember? Walcott, J Rod, Ings, Wilson, Gradel, Gardos and those are just the ones I can think of recent from memory, I'm sure there's been loads more domestically and internationally plus there seems to be a spate in the lower divisions too, even Torquay's skipper Luke Young is out with one. Not just restricted to outfield players either, look at Tim Krul. You'll always get impact injuries like Shaw, Mings and freak accidents like Forster's.

Why the sudden explosion of ACL injuries? Are the boots or equipment to blame? Softer playing and training surfaces? Intensity of training?

Maybe it's just a freak period but the evidence is pointing otherwise.

I'm glad it wasn't me just noticing it the last couple of years. How many have there been, seems to be far more than any other period of football I can ever remember? Walcott, J Rod, Ings, Wilson, Gradel, Gardos and those are just the ones I can think of recent from memory, I'm sure there's been loads more domestically and internationally plus there seems to be a spate in the lower divisions too, even Torquay's skipper Luke Young is out with one. Not just restricted to outfield players either, look at Tim Krul. You'll always get impact injuries like Shaw, Mings and freak accidents like Forster's.

Why the sudden explosion of ACL injuries? Are the boots or equipment to blame? Softer playing and training surfaces? Intensity of training?

If I was to speculate I would point to the increased physical requirements of the Premier League every year (a couple of seasons ago the Man Utd fitness coach showed a graph where the number of high intensity sprints in a game increases every season) puts the body under more strain and makes major injury more likely.

Was thinking exactly the same - I'm sure it used to be 1 or 2 ACL/MCL injuries per league per season (they were certainly infrequent in the Championship Manager days, when 'damaged knee ligaments' was always the worst news you could receive). Now it seems like every team is suffering all the time!

There are also a disproportionate number of injuries during the international break - perhaps this is a reflection of how finely tuned athletes footballers are now, and slight changes in training and conditioning can cause an injury.

Was thinking exactly the same - I'm sure it used to be 1 or 2 ACL/MCL injuries per league per season (they were certainly infrequent in the Championship Manager days, when 'damaged knee ligaments' was always the worst news you could receive). Now it seems like every team is suffering all the time!

There are also a disproportionate number of injuries during the international break - perhaps this is a reflection of how finely tuned athletes footballers are now, and slight changes in training and conditioning can cause an injury.

Could be - quite a few seemed to happen in the international break. LLP also made a good point about the number of sprints during games now - Walcott would be a typical example of an 'explosive' player who it might affect and J Rod, although I think he just landed badly trying to take down a long ball at City.

Had forgotten about Gomez as well. Just seems that ACL injuries are more common than hamstring strains and hernias used to be whereas it's a far more serious and can be a career threatening injury. RVN proved you can recover well and still have a long career at the top after one though - and the surgery wasn't as advanced 15 years ago. Big confidence for Fegie to complete the deal with PSV even so. Pity he wasn't injured in May 2005 though!