Are Tadic and Pelle upgrades on Lallana and Lambert?

simo

Interesting comparison of stats between Pelle and Lambert. Apart from Pelle scoring more and creating more chances, which can be explained away by the 'easier' league, Pelle also had greater shot accuracy and won more duels whilst still maintaining the same pass completion as Lambert.

http://www.squawka.com/players/graziano-pelle#performance-score#feyenoord-(current)#dutch-eredivisie#9#season-2013/2014#77#all-matches#1-34#by-match

http://www.squawka.com/players/rickie-lambert#performance-score#southampton#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-38#by-match

Without wanting to make you appear any dimmer but how are those two 'stats' not also explained by the ease/competitiveness of the Eredivisie, Tim? Perhaps strikers have more time on the ball, so they can get more accurate shots off? Or perhaps CBs aren't as dominant in the air?

Without wanting to make you appear any dimmer but how are those two 'stats' not also explained by the ease/competitiveness of the Eredivisie, Tim? Perhaps strikers have more time on the ball, so they can get more accurate shots off? Or perhaps CBs aren't as dominant in the air?

Oh noes I'm being savaged by Forrest again. At least its not Geoffrey Howe.

Do you have anything coherent to say on Pelle or Tadic? or is "see you, you date girls you do" the best we can hope for?

Perhaps a simple response to why the stats you mention are anymore exempt from the fact that the Eredivisie is a poor league - and why we should attach anymore significance to them. My two pennies on the subject are on the other page :smug:

Probably not much difference in ability between them in general, but that doesn´t mean they will be as good in PL though.

Almost certainly they won't light up the league in the same way as the Eredivisie, but there's more than enough to suggest they'll do a good job. Lambert was largely finished as a week in week out 90 minute player so the comparison doesn't hold water anyway. There were a couple of little snippets on the training vid today showing how easily Tadic held off another Saints player trying to get the ball.

Edited by buctootim

but in a totally different league....and in another country.

we'd all like to think that they will replace those two, but only time will tell, and stats....... now matter how impressive, will only tell you about past performances.

The English Premier League is a law unto itself.

I read this forum every day and post a very little amount of the time, but yet I cannot still understand why you insist on unnecessarily putting words in bold.

I think most of what he says actually makes sense but I just don't understand the reason for making things bold. I mean, I don't even know how to make things bold on here and I am an IT manager.

Anyway. Thats 2 posts in less than 20 mins. I will come back in 2017

I think most of what he says actually makes sense but I just don't understand the reason for making things bold. I mean, I don't even know how to make things bold on here and I am an IT manager.

Anyway. Thats 2 posts in less than 20 mins. I will come back in 2017

Why wait? I dare say ur opinions are no less dumb than every other **** on here, it's prob not healthy to keep them bottled up. Post one so we can all laugh at it!

I.e: Billy Sharp would score 20+ in the erevod- ervie- Dutch League

I haven't seen enough of either to compare to Lallana and Lambert but I am very happy with the deals over all. Pelle is 3 years younger than Lambert who I predict will have a relatively poor season at Liverpool. We basically built a team around him at Saints and he was focal to the way we play. At Liverpool he wont have that, he will be a small fish in a big pond and wont be a regular starter. Would be surprised if he gets into double figures personally, though I do wish him well.

I'd rather have Pelle, Tadic and an extra £10m in the bank, I'll put it that way.

Is that double figures goals or appearances?

Why wait? I dare say ur opinions are no less dumb than every other **** on here, it's prob not healthy to keep them bottled up. Post one so we can all laugh at it!

I.e: Billy Sharp would score 20+ in the erevod- ervie- Dutch League

Your posts always make me laugh. x

Can you sort me out a job? I reckon I could impress you with my skills, I can do italics too!

I read this forum every day and post a very little amount of the time, but yet I cannot still understand why you insist on unnecessarily putting words in bold.

At least you are polite in asking Tom.

It's an idiosyncrasy of mine I know, but I write a lot (elsewhere) ...however, I'm certainly not the only person to use alternative font sizes, smilies or bold type.

Bold type I often use, when referring back to someone else's comment, or where I have " raised my voice " to put more emphasis on a word / phrase.

Italics whenever I repeat someone elses' quote, or give extra comment /info).

by the way..why don't you post more, it's always good to hear other opinions, as some people (apparantly) seem have enormous amounts of time and post interminably.

Edited by david in sweden

And if no, then tough, they ate what we have. But no point in crucifying them before they have kicked a ball.

Mostly this. Upgrades or not, they're at the club and the others aren't. Work with what we're got I say. Pretty confident they won't be ****, but won't know until they run out.

Well, if you're playing Scrabble and using surnames, Tadic is a slight upgrade on Lallana (7 points to Lallana's tile-kissin' 6). However, Pelle is a clear downgrade on Lambert, garnering only 7 points to Rickie's mighty eleven. Things change a little if you include first names ( that Z really works for him ) but it's a poor showing when a new signing's surname scores less points in Scrabble than his predecessor.

Koeman out.

At least you are polite in asking Tom.

Bold type I often use, when referring back to someone else's comment

There's a quote command for this.

or where I have " raised my voice " to put more emphasis on a word / phrase.

You seem to raise your voice a lot, then.

Italics whenever I repeat someone elses' quote

There's a quote command for this.

or give extra comment /info).

If you put all the quotes in quote boxes, you don't need to italicise anything.

So, no need for any more bold or italics. You also seem to have used underlining for emphasis above, I'd stick to one or the other.

HTH.