Away Kit 2014/15  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Away Kit 2014/15

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, won't buy it
    • Hate it, won't buy it
    • Hate it, will still buy it
    • Not Bothered

I like the kit. The only reservation I have - and this is independent of what it looks like - is the last few Saints own-brand shirts had necks so tight I couldn't get it over my (skinny) head without breaking my (overlarge) nose!

• 1 month later...

Bit late but I went to the megastore today to buy the home or away shirt plus some training kit polos as I normally do each season.

I am not small after trying to play football for too many years but with Adidas my shirt was 2XL and the polos etc XL.

When the Saints last did their own kit I remember having to get one size larger (than Adidas)

I could not get in to a 5XL and when I got it over my (normal) head it reached my knees and I am 5 ft 9 inches

I cracked up laughing. I am clearly not a tailored size!!! I could not get near the polos and training gear

No wonder the shelves were all full. I asked about the problem and got a sheepish smile.

Why are we preventing half the supporters from buying shirts?

Bit late but I went to the megastore today to buy the home or away shirt plus some training kit polos as I normally do each season.

I am not small after trying to play football for too many years but with Adidas my shirt was 2XL and the polos etc XL.

When the Saints last did their own kit I remember having to get one size larger (than Adidas)

I could not get in to a 5XL and when I got it over my (normal) head it reached my knees and I am 5 ft 9 inches

I cracked up laughing. I am clearly not a tailored size!!! I could not get near the polos and training gear

No wonder the shelves were all full. I asked about the problem and got a sheepish smile.

Are you sure about that? You say you couldn't fit into a 5xl and you're 5'9? That doesn't sound right at all.

That alone make me think that we are expecting a visit to the Megastore from outer space by that Blue Woman diva Plavalaguna from Luc Bessons 5th Element!

Sour Mash the boy dies not lie, I am 5'8" with broad shoulders that is the only part that fits with comfort, from there down it's the twilight zone.......... You could easily turn up at an away game as a drag act by losing your strides and replacing them with a nice pair of heels and you could still bend over without flashing your Calvins to the world!:scared:

Edited by John Boy Saint

5XL?!?! Sorry but what a sad indictment of modern day society.

Definately something wrong with the sizing

I got the new home shirt yesterday

I normally have XLand it would fit comfortably over a swat shirt

XL was too tight around the chest just wearing a T shirt same with XXL . Ended up with 3xl

And I'm 6ft and it's almost half way down my thighs .

Someone some where has got the sizing wrong . I still purchased it yes

Should have reduced the length and given more width in the chest there for would have save some material as well as the cost for making it

5XL?!?! Sorry but what a sad indictment of modern day society.

Mr Tickler, (you haven't been following either of the kit threads), you would think so but when the young lady in the store who I spoke to who must have been 5'2" ish turns round and says she is having to wear 2XL and not being anywhere a 2XL male sized Lady then you know something is awry. They are even looking at going up to Size 7XL "because they came in much smaller than anticipated".

Ah well it's only supposed to be for a season.

Mr Tickler, (you haven't been following either of the kit threads), you would think so but when the young lady in the store who I spoke to who must have been 5'2" ish turns round and says she is having to wear 2XL and not being anywhere a 2XL male sized Lady then you know something is awry. They are even looking at going up to Size 7XL "because they came in much smaller than anticipated".

Ah well it's only supposed to be for a season.

Fair enough, though it does beg the question who exactly have the strips been designed to fit?

So I'm just above 6 feet and weigh about 85kg...above average around the chest area...should i go for L? Or should i up it for an XL?

Just going to use it for training and watching the games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'9, broad shoulders, not quite fat yet but getting close, and I'm in a 2XL in the home shirt which I'm pretty sure are the same fit as the aways (last season's Adidas I was comfortably in a L for the home kit - which I only bought in April! - and XL for the tailored away).

You will be at least one and possibly two sizes higher than last season's home kit, and probably one size more than last season's away. On the bright side, if you're tall at least the shirt won't be ridiculously long on you, I could wear the 2XL as a dress by sticking a belt around it... if I was that way inclined.

So I'm just above 6 feet and weigh about 85kg...above average around the chest area...should i go for L? Or should i up it for an XL?

Just going to use it for training and watching the games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 6ft and relatively slim (for a football fan) and normally take a large, but I had to get XXL - and that's still not very loose!

Perhaps the shirt sizing is intended as motivation for the fanbase to do more exercise?

Ah-ha!

Smaller fans= smaller bums= narrower seats= larger capacity through being able to squeeze more seats into a row to stick the smaller bums on!!

(I think it was all a bit of a hurry and in reality someone has dropped a huge b*llock)

Ah-ha!

Smaller fans= smaller bums= narrower seats= larger capacity through being able to squeeze more seats into a row to stick the smaller bums on!!

(I think it was all a bit of a hurry and in reality someone has dropped a huge b*llock)

Yeah, that. :)

Just bought one of these shirts - very nice, but the sizing?!!

I'm 46" chest, 36" waist (with a smidge of overhang), 16st so not small by any stretch, which, ironically, is what said shirt had to do! Last year I had a 3XL so I could put it on over normal clothes so help me keep warm. A little baggy but comfortable.

Duly bought a 3XL in the new away strip - oh dear. Only just fits wearing as is, if a little too tailored (fine over the shoulders, 'unflattering' over the gut), so 4XL would have been more comfortable to wear.

Daresay, I will need to look at the 5XL at least to be able to put it over anything.

Shirt arrived this morning. Two weeks from ordering to Perth, which isn't too shabby really.

4XL, actually fits rather nicely although I know I am not that fat. Yet.

A bit long, but that just means when I no longer need it the missus can wear it as a nightie, which combines two of my favourite things.

• 3 months later...

Apologies if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has but can't find it)....

Do the actual sizes for the away kit exactly match the same labelled sizes as the home kit? I had to buy an adult large for my 14 year old in the home kit and just about to order the away shirt in the same size for Xmas.

Cheers

Edited by trousers

Apologies if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has but can't find it)....

Do the actual sizes for the away kit exactly match the same labelled sizes as the home kit? I had to buy an adult large for my 14 year old in the home kit and just about to order the away shirt in the same size for Xmas.

Cheers

I believe so - my shirt sizes for home and away are the same, anyway, and they're the only 2 items of clothing I've ever bought which are 2XL...