Gaston Ramirez

Wiggles31

I guess after reading everyone's comments, I suppose I was originally a bit heavy handed. There are grey areas when it comes to terms like this, and it's clearly a sensitive debate. Call me fickle, but there's been some good points raised. To some extent, I take back what I originally posted.

My opinion now is that for many people, owing to previous conflict, the term Argie can be deemed as offensive (and even racist in some cases), yet the degree of 'offensiveness' is unlikely to ever be as strong as the word Paki in our current British context.

Top post. We all make mistakes and it is great to see somebody showing some humility. You are correct though, of course it can be seen as offensive and we should consider what we say and why, but in this case it was perhaps rather harmless.

Paddy and Mick both have a long history as derogatory terms.

I'm nearly 70 and in all my time living in England, I have lost count of the number of time I've been called the above and more! Never once, to my knowledge, was it said in a derogatory manner. Perhaps I'm just thick or thick skinned.

Top post. We all make mistakes and it is great to see somebody showing some humility. You are correct though, of course it can be seen as offensive and we should consider what we say and why, but in this case it was perhaps rather harmless.

He made no mistakes, and didn't need to show any "humility". If that's how he cares to refer to the argentinians then that's his affair and nobody else's. It's no different to us moaning, (which most of us don't,) about other countries referring to us as "brits".

He made no mistakes, and didn't need to show any "humility". If that's how he cares to refer to the argentinians then that's his affair and nobody else's. It's no different to us moaning, (which most of us don't,) about other countries referring to us as "brits".

You missed the boat there. He told Viking off for using the term then backtracked admitting he may have jumped the gun a little after reflecting on peoples views. You seem rather confused ...

As it goes I made a point about the context of the terms used earlier. I don't mind people using terms so long as they are not deliberately trying to be derogatory based on race (which, despite not knowing Viking all that way, doubt he was doing).

Anyway blue line and move on....

Have an opinion on Ramirez scotty?

You missed the boat there. He told Viking off for using the term then backtracked admitting he may have jumped the gun a little after reflecting on peoples views. You seem rather confused ...

As it goes I made a point about the context of the terms used earlier. I don't mind people using terms so long as they are not deliberately trying to be derogatory based on race (which, despite not knowing Viking all that way, doubt he was doing).

Anyway blue line and move on....

Have an opinion on Ramirez scotty?

Yes, as I posted earlier on this thread, I think he's a fantastic talent.

I'm hoping koeman will play him more than Nigel or poch did, and that he will become the natural successor to lallana. Phil Neville named Gaston as the hardest player in the prem to play against a couple of seasons back, describing him as "unplayable".

Yes, as I posted earlier on this thread, I think he's a fantastic talent.

I'm hoping koeman will play him more than Nigel or poch did, and that he will become the natural successor to lallana. Phil Neville named Gaston as the hardest player in the prem to play against a couple of seasons back, describing him as "unplayable".

Don't blame Nigel too much for not playing him, his first season he had off the field issues, injuries and was always going to need time to settle. Disappointed he saw so little game time last season but may be related to a falling out with Poch as somebody alluded to earlier. Expect to see much more from him too but see him as likely to play deeper than AL did.

Hoping that the stories about a falling out with MP are true as if RK can get him going then it will be like a new signing. Just hope it was personal rather than football related. At the back end of last season he showed some really good touches.