Gaston Ramirez

Wiggles31

I see Alpine is out on his own once again,

Thing is, there are plenty of Saints fans who don't think Ramirez has been as good for us as expected, it takes a special kind of stupid argument to manage to isloate yourself whilst being on the side of the (likely) majority.

Thing is, there are plenty of Saints fans who don't think Ramirez has been as good for us as expected, it takes a special kind of stupid argument to manage to isloate yourself whilst being on the side of the (likely) majority.

True.

I'm frustrated with Gaston personally, but there's something in there that is hard to just write off. Got no issues with sacking off Osvaldo and getting no money, but would be keen to see how Gaston responds. Probably his last chance, if he fails to make an impact this year then he's probably got no future here.

There's thinking he hasn't been as good as expected which I would think most do but he has excuses, does he take them into account?

That pass against WBA got us 2 extra points. Nearly got us a point at Goodison and he only came off the bench in those games.

IMO he should start against all teams below us/teams that sit back and be an impact player in the more intense games where you need every player tactically aware and running non-stop

Lets have a poll on Gaston. Should we keep Gaston? Yes/No/Not Bothered. :hunt:

The world can be divided into two: All us "Gashton Apologists" on one side, and Alpine on the other.

I would take our money back if we was offered it, i would prob even take £8-10m at a push. Otherwise I would keep this bro!

I'd keep, as I said earlier he has potential to be better than Lallana which means his value could rise to about the same as Lallana as he isn't english so I would give him one more season with hopefully, no injurys

You post the same crap every time I comment on him.

Yawn...

Genuine chuckle moment! You will be challenging Bearsy soon!

Look, we all appreciate you are not the sharpest tool in the box, however, do you really not see the comedy in your post?

You repeat you immature racist childish criticism, you go on and on about it. You have never seen him play, ignore views and evidence showing how unfair and irrational your views appear.

Your reply? Can you back up your view? no.

Can you comment on the stats or counter views of others? No

But you 'yawn' complaining how boring it is when I point out you are wrong with your boring factless prejudice views.

Get a responsible adult to read the thread through to you. You will be very proud.

It sounds ludicrous to say it but i do genuinely believe that there are people on here who be annoyed if he does have a good season as they won't be able to abuse him every week.

No, they'll simply find another target to abuse.

I think that this will be his season, if Koeman likes what he sees from him. I remember the difference between the treatment of MLT by Branfoot and Bally. Branfoot didn't like him for what he couldn't do, Ball liked him for what he could do. I'm hoping that he will be like a new signing for us and will get an extended run in the team to build his confidence and demonstrate his talents. If he tackles Lallana in front of the Kop and puts one into the top corner, I'm sure any abuse will end at that point!

I think that this will be his season, if Koeman likes what he sees from him. I remember the difference between the treatment of MLT by Branfoot and Bally. Branfoot didn't like him for what he couldn't do, Ball liked him for what he could do. I'm hoping that he will be like a new signing for us and will get an extended run in the team to build his confidence and demonstrate his talents. If he tackles Lallana in front of the Kop and puts one into the top corner, I'm sure any abuse will end at that point!

That is stretching a comparison to absolute breaking point right there.

For me, a lot might depend if we can afford the luxury of playing Tadic and Ramirez as two creative players in the same team. We could not afford that 'risk' with Ramirez and Lallana, has it changed ?

Obviously too soon to answer as we don't know enough about Tadic other than he is known as creative going forward.

Branfoot didn't like him for what he couldn't do, Ball liked him for what he could do.

Yes, and it was clear here that Ramirez didn't fit Pochettino's tactical setup. He needed space on the ball to show his range of passing and vision, Pochettino needed him to be mobile and aggressive to shut the opposition down from their own defensive line, keeping them (and therefore us) tight up the pitch leaving space in the final third at a relative premium.

I believe Koeman plays a game more akin to Adkins open attacking principles, the same type of setup that suited Gaston when he first joined us. Fingers crossed he can make the most of it.

That is stretching a comparison to absolute breaking point right there.

Love to know why? If Branfoot had remained and Ball hadn't come in, MLT wouldn't be the legend he is now. Simply put, players respond to different inputs and management styles. Some need a rocket, others need reassurance and the feeling of being wanted. Gaston's talents are there for all to see, how we as a club get the most out of him is the key.

Love to know why? If Branfoot had remained and Ball hadn't come in, MLT wouldn't be the legend he is now. Simply put, players respond to different inputs and management styles. Some need a rocket, others need reassurance and the feeling of being wanted. Gaston's talents are there for all to see, how we as a club get the most out of him is the key.

Matt was already a talismanic player pre Branfoot, and scored some of his most iconic goals during the Branfoot era, as a direct response to being dropped.

I get your general point but the comparison is flawed. Maybe Peter Crouch under Redknapp is closer to it.

For me, a lot might depend if we can afford the luxury of playing Tadic and Ramirez as two creative players in the same team. We could not afford that 'risk' with Ramirez and Lallana, has it changed ?

Obviously too soon to answer as we don't know enough about Tadic other than he is known as creative going forward.

For me Poch wanted no 'risks' in his team and Lallana wasn't one as since he was in charge Lallana had worked very hard and defended very well. Albeit less so towards the end of the season as his head was elsewhere up north

Look, we all appreciate you are not the sharpest tool in the box, however, do you really not see the comedy in your post?

You repeat you immature racist childish criticism, you go on and on about it. You have never seen him play, ignore views and evidence showing how unfair and irrational your views appear.

But you 'yawn' complaining how boring it is when I point out you are wrong with your boring factless prejudice views.

Get a responsible adult to read the thread through to you. You will be very proud.

Wow, the same message with different words.

Which one of Stock, Aitken, Waterman are you ?

Wow, the same message with different words.

Which one of Stock, Aitken, Waterman are you ?

Nice to see an analogy that the youngsters will get. A bit like Mark Lawrenson giddily shouting "don't panic Mr Mainwaring" during the World Cup.

That's exactly what he wants. Every time somebody argues with him he gets wood, that's why he does it.

Obviously he doesn't believe any of the crap he writes, he just makes it up to antagonise people. He has a compulsive need for attention, which he gets by being deliberately abrasive on the internet. Quite a tragic individual, you would be best served just ignoring him. If everyone does that then he may go away.

Originally Posted by alpine_saint

You post the same crap every time I comment on him.

Yawn...

Well you stop posting your constant tosh about Garston .

We know you don't like him .

So shut the **** up about him and you will not attract the abuse you are getting

You're still not getting it. He wants to be abused. He's never going to 'shut the f**k up'

Are people still actually trying to have rational debates with alpine?

:lol:

A mass debate with Alpine, online, which leaves everyone feeling slightly abused, used and confused?

Yep, that's exactly what we want!

We need more of Alpine before the Jizz Cocks get out of hand. Or something.

So you think a two second spat with a defender is a bigger contribution than an assist for a winning goal?

I think, when it comes to illiteracy, you need to look up the difference, meanings and correct usage of superlative adjectives.

But again, bless you for trying! I just hoped that you would and it is rather amusing.

Nope, my definition of illiteracy is correct. You however, may try looking up "subjectivity" as in, someone's opinion....

I wish Gaston could take a break from international duties for a while. Not likely obviously, but frustrating that he's called up for so many trips over the other side of the world just to play 20 mins here and there.

His fitness has always been a problem (can't think of a game where he's lasted 90 mins,) so would love it if he could just concentrate on his club football for an extended period. He seems to either be with Uruguay (not doing much) or nursing an injury.

Erm, maybe he doesnt want to ? 3m a year for f**k-all..What a life.

And he still gets constant free trips to Uruguay to boot. Way to go Gaston.

Personally I think he could do well for us given the right players around him but basically if he wants to save his career he needs to go back to Italy of Spain.

Gaston is that "riddle wrapped in a mystery, surrounded by an enigma".

The rare occasions he's been on form he's been brilliant, but mostly he has been MIA during the few games he's played.

If RK can this season get what most of us have glimpsed of his class to emerge, he could become a fans favourite, however if not I can see him being sold without fulfilling his potential.

We have a class player who has

1) Had no pre-season with us in the time he has been here

2) Is burnt out by the money grabbing *&*^^% at FIFA having meaningless Summer Competitions and then the World Cup meaning he has had less than 6 weeks vacation in all of his time here

3) The ability to come off the bench and change a game

4) Has had a succession of major injuries

5) Has NOT kicked up a fuss to leave

It's fun watching the rants about not having a deep enough squad or players of quality on the bench. It's also fun watching people show that they know zero about the the fact that the Human body does actually need to have a break from full-time training in order to avoid burn out, despite all the facts and statistics on the subject.

I say get rid of Gaston on a free and stick Bliiy Sharp on the Bench. He's committed, he doesn't get Injured AND he runs around a lot. We don't need no stinking Gaston, Tadic will play every minute of every game at 110% of his ability.

Gaston is that "riddle wrapped in a mystery, surrounded by an enigma".

The rare occasions he's been on form he's been brilliant, but mostly he has been MIA during the few games he's played.

If RK can this season get what most of us have glimpsed of his class to emerge, he could become a fans favourite, however if not I can see him being sold without fulfilling his potential.

This.

I'd be amazed if anyone thought Gaston had fulfilled his potential at saints.

2) Is burnt out by the money grabbing *&*^^% at FIFA having meaningless Summer Competitions and then the World Cup meaning he has had less than 6 weeks vacation in all of his time here

It's fun watching the rants about not having a deep enough squad or players of quality on the bench. It's also fun watching people show that they know zero about the the fact that the Human body does actually need to have a break from full-time training in order to avoid burn out, despite all the facts and statistics on the subject.

I say get rid of Gaston on a free and stick Bliiy Sharp on the Bench. He's committed, he doesn't get Injured AND he runs around a lot. We don't need no stinking Gaston, Tadic will play every minute of every game at 110% of his ability.

Running around a lot and being malnourished are all we really need to be looking for in a player.

There we have it in a nutshell. Speculative comment followed by Condemnation based on speculative comment

and you wonder why no-one takes you seriously

Yes.

and you wonder why no-one takes you seriously

*sigh*

No he doesn't. People are STILL not getting it. He doesn't want to be taken seriously, he just wants an argument and some attention. Are you familiar with the ignore function? It was designed with people like him in mind.

To put it into context, arguing with alpine is like wrestling a pig in a sty. You may well be convinced that you are winning but the reality is you are wrestling a pig, you're both covered in s**t and the pig is loving every minute of it. You walk away thinking 'I won!' Everyone else looks at you like 'he stinks of pig s**t.'

2) Is burnt out by the money grabbing *&*^^% at FIFA having meaningless Summer Competitions and then the World Cup meaning he has had less than 6 weeks holiday in all of his time here

I fixed your post.

*sigh*

No he doesn't. People are STILL not getting it. He doesn't want to be taken seriously, he just wants an argument and some attention. Are you familiar with the ignore function? It was designed with people like him in mind.

To put it into context, arguing with alpine is like wrestling a pig in a sty. You may well be convinced that you are winning but the reality is you are wrestling a pig, you're both covered in s**t and the pig is loving every minute of it. You walk away thinking 'I won!' Everyone else looks at you like 'he stinks of pig s**t.'

You are right of course. I should know better :(

Nope, my definition of illiteracy is correct. You however, may try looking up "subjectivity" as in, someone's opinion....

Okay...

subjectivity*- judgment based on individual personal impressions and feelings and opinions rather than external facts

I put the last bit in bold, just to highlight exactly why people think you are a bit of a knob.

Hope it helps!

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Okay...

subjectivity*- judgment based on individual personal impressions and feelings and opinions rather than external facts

I put the last bit in bold, just to highlight exactly why people think you are a bit of a knob.

Hope it helps!

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Alpine was right, as your quote proves. Subjectivity basically means "opinion" in contrast to objectivity which is cold hard facts.

This entire forum is subjectivity, except for maybe the full time scores.

Don't hang Alpine on that point. The objective facts prove he is an effing chubby idiot but he is right on that one point.