Things could be worse - your memories of 2007-2009

whizzpop

Hungarian centre back, wasn't that bad if memory serves. Loan was terminated when we went into administration.

Not sure about him not being that bad, he seemed to mostly come off the bench and play up top when we were chasing the game due to his height!

A current Hungarian international! Just checked, he played v England in 2010, his international debut. Since amassed 17 caps, and a goal v San Marino. The year before he signed for us he couldn't get a game at Southend and was sent on loan to Stevenage.

Jesus yeah, i remember seeing him play V England now and being totally bemused.

What a strange time that was.

Cork was very much a centreback for the chelsea youth team, he played there and right back for us mostly. Weird that pearce was on the bench though.

Speaking of the bench, there is some horrific 'game changers' there.

He was dropped after the horror show at Palace the previous Monday.

HTH (sorry Dunc)

I remember a home game to Reading in perhaps December 2008 that we really desperately needed to win. Big crowd, uncharacteristically noisy for that season. Kayne McLaggon played, Cork was absolutely superb at CB. With about ten minutes to go we finally broke through and McGoldrick scored from a quick breakaway. Could we hang on for a vital and morale-boosting win? No. Late Reading free-kick was bundled in infront of the Northam. I remember Davis screaming into his gloves in frustration at FT.

We really were serial offenders when it came to conceding late goals between 2004 and 2009, a mentality that Nigel Adkins did a massive amount to turn on its head.

I remember a home game to Reading in perhaps December 2008 that we really desperately needed to win. Big crowd, uncharacteristically noisy for that season. Kayne McLaggon played, Cork was absolutely superb at CB. With about ten minutes to go we finally broke through and McGoldrick scored from a quick breakaway. Could we hang on for a vital and morale-boosting win? No. Late Reading free-kick was bundled in infront of the Northam. I remember Davis screaming into his gloves in frustration at FT.

We really were serial offenders when it came to conceding late goals between 2004 and 2009, a mentality that Nigel Adkins did a massive amount to turn on its head.

I would give credit to Pardew too, he really changed the entire mentality of the dressing room. Stories of his team talks during the 2009 pre-season were quite stirring.

I would give credit to Pardew too, he really changed the entire mentality of the dressing room. Stories of his team talks during the 2009 pre-season were quite stirring.

Alright you fackers , shut ya facking noise you carnts or I'll headbutt you and fack your missus...