Is this a little dig at Pochetino from Cork?

Johnny Bognor

We lost too many leads after getting into a good position. It was a good season but it could have been even better. We could go over the cups again but that's been done to death.

we also got a record number of points etc....maybe, had we had a better squad, we would have held on to those leads.

either way, it was a brilliant league season, the points haul suggests that. even more so as it was our 2nd season back

tell you what, we will be quite some way off that this year

I might be wrong, but I can't recall ever coming from behind to win a game last season. If the other team scored first it was guaranteed to be either game over or a draw. Hoping to see plenty of teams capitalise on Mauricio Noplan-b-no's style. Most teams tactically adjusted to it by the halfway point last season, I'm guessing everyone will be wise come August.

we also got a record number of points etc....maybe, had we had a better squad, we would have held on to those leads.

either way, it was a brilliant league season, the points haul suggests that. even more so as it was our 2nd season back

tell you what, we will be quite some way off that this year

Yup, not complaining but I just have a sneaky feeling that it was a missed opportunity and we may have to wait a few years for another.

“When you have someone who is less experienced and hasn’t done so much, he can say stuff and you don’t really want to believe it but I know when he (Koeman) is going to say stuff to help us and give us advice that it’s going to be stuff that is going to mean a lot. It can help improve us because it’s come from such an experienced man who’s won so much in the game.”

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/04072014-jack-cork-steven-davis-kelvin-davis-praise-koeman-1716637.aspx

I wouldn't call this so much as a dig, but a withering character assassination both ruthless and fearless in its exactitude; a devastating put-down that cut to the quick of Pochettino's most deeply suppressed anxieties and fears. Go Jack!

Edited by Toon Saint

TBH, it didn't seem as if Cork was ever massivley rated by MP.

The start of the season is a fine example, he didn't even make the bench for the first few weeks. He only got a look in with the injuries to Wanyama, and then MP realised he was a handy option. But even with Wanyama fit, he was always the one who missed out.

He didn't seem to be part of the inner circle that people go on about, that's for sure.

I personally think he is a cracking player who could do a great job at teams above us, so even though I'm pleased, I'm slightly puzzled why the only interest is coming from the likes of Palace and Fulham and that the club don't see it as a major concern re: his contract either. Why isn't he as highly rated by others, as he is by the fans? Strange one, for sure.

Cork knows Poch has played at the very highest level and was reasonably experienced as a manager (although less than Koeman perhaps).

I know I'm still bitter, but where does this come from?

He managed ONE team before Saints.

In his time that team finished 10th, 8th, 11th and were BOTTOM of the league when he was sacked.

This in front of home crowds of 19,000.

Saints was a MASSIVE step up for him, inheriting an excellent squad and top notch facilities.

I am really going to enjoy watching it go wrong for him [like every other manager] at Spurs.

I do agree with you that leaving Cork out was a big mistake though ;-)

“When you have someone who is less experienced and hasn’t done so much, he can say stuff and you don’t really want to believe it but I know when he (Koeman) is going to say stuff to help us and give us advice that it’s going to be stuff that is going to mean a lot. It can help improve us because it’s come from such an experienced man who’s won so much in the game.”

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/04072014-jack-cork-steven-davis-kelvin-davis-praise-koeman-1716637.aspx

Well said Jack.

I think any half-intelligent player would realise that Koeman has a better CV than MP is ever likely to have.

I don't blame JC (if he is having a quiet dig at the departed manager), who rarely selected him for a start side, but was very glad to have him around when injuries forced us to make changes.

I think Jack Cork is a much better player than he is given credit for (by some).....but unfortunately he was just another victim of " the Chelsea Academy System " that claims to bring on youngsters .....yet rarely promotes their youth players . and even gives them away.... rather than integrate them into a Prem. League side of foreigners with an average transfer value of £20 million+.