NC's top 4 dream...

Unbelievable Jeff

When you say "we" do you mean me? I haven't spoken of any vision but of the pragmatism of selling your best players in a summer and the detriment it would have.

Laughable to be talking about hostage situations when we're actually talking about players potentially having to work another year of recently signed contracts for which they are already obscenely paid.

And as for making us look bad..... :lol:

I admire your lack of perspective.

So we are (sorry you) are just saying a flat no based on your opinion that the players have obscene contracts and they should be grateful.

But these players thinking "well I can double those wages, and play in the biggest stages in the Europe next season" - are they not being pragmatic?

And players like Tadic, who might want to come to us for a couple of seasons with an eye on then progressing to a bigger club might look at our (your) flat - no stance and think actually I don't want to go there. Fu ck that. Wouldn't that be pragmatic, too?

I admire your lack of perspective.

So we are (sorry you) are just saying a flat no based on your opinion that the players have obscene contracts and they should be grateful.

But these players thinking "well I can double those wages, and play in the biggest stages in the Europe next season" - are they not being pragmatic?

And players like Tadic, who might want to come to us for a couple of seasons with an eye on then progressing to a bigger club might look at our (your) flat - no stance and think actually I don't want to go there. Fu ck that. Wouldn't that be pragmatic, too?

The contracts are obscene in the context of it being compared to a hostage situation, is that the perspective you speak of?

Kind of a ****ed up strategy to sell your best players just in case you put off their replacements joining :lol:

That's complete ********, Everton finished above us and aren't being torn apart. Stop being overdramatic, the Premier League isn't some Illuminati conspiracy sh#t.

May not be Illuminati but a conspiracy none the less. Thats why I hate the so called "big clubs"

The contracts are obscene in the context of it being compared to a hostage situation, is that the perspective you speak of?

Kind of a ****ed up strategy to sell your best players just in case you put off their replacements joining :lol:

The hostage reference was really just to highlight how ridiculous your "just say no" approach was and is, but if you want to get hung up about how jolly awful footballers salaries are these days then fill your boots.

For someone keen to espouse pragmatism I ain't seen much from you in exactly how you plan to keep a player threatening to go on strike, unless you think telling them you think their salary is obscene and they should jolly well be grateful is your master plan....

The hostage reference was really just to highlight how ridiculous your "just say no" approach was and is, but if you want to get hung up about how jolly awful footballers salaries are these days then fill your boots.

For someone keen to espouse pragmatism I ain't seen much from you in exactly how you plan to keep a player threatening to go on strike, unless you think telling them you think their salary is obscene and they should jolly well be grateful is your master plan....

I prefer "no means no" but i'll come back to you with a written plan on how to stop players from threatening to strike , loads of clubs manage it so shouldn't be too hard.

I prefer "no means no" but i'll come back to you with a written plan on how to stop players from threatening to strike , loads of clubs manage it so shouldn't be too hard.

Probably centres on not telling them a lot of made up pony in order to get them to sign and then scarpering when the chickens come home to roost.

Probably centres on not telling them a lot of made up pony in order to get them to sign and then scarpering when the chickens come home to roost.

Are you demented - so now the last few years has been some kind of footballing Ponzi scheme?

(Answer: yes)

We're not trying to rape them diggers.

I thought we were trying to stop them leaving for bigger clubs for huge salaries.

The strike thing kinda only happens when the club says "no means no".

Most players at all clubs all of the time aren't going on strike or threatening to. So I wouldn't focus your energy on preventing that in isolation.

That's complete ********, Everton finished above us and aren't being torn apart. Stop being overdramatic, the Premier League isn't some Illuminati conspiracy sh#t.

Everyone's best players were loanees (one I think they have signed) plus Ross B who papers are suggesting ManU are sniffing around and Baines who seems to not be a target (yet).

£30m+ for Shaw is rolling over is it. A world record fee for a kid? A player who was going to go whether NC was here or not.

£25m for Lallana who whilst being a good player has had 1 decent top flight season and can't last 90mins and who threatened to strike is weak is it?

I always thought the skates were deluded but many of our lot seem even worse.

The issue here is although thats a lot of cash BOTH signed an extension to their contract last year so how you can spout bull**** that Luke was going o go whatever i bluntly

********. I would bet any money you wish to consider that NC would have made Luke stay, most likely Adam too.

Maybe NC would have accepted those bids we will never know, but i would put my house on it Lambert would not have gone before the world cup and no player would have "threatened" to g on strike NC played hardball with the OX and got a great deal considering he was the only that COULD have left for next to nothing due to his age.

It could end up as a hostage situation, anything could happen.

Nah. It's easy.

Can I have a transfer?

No.

Please?

No means no.

Okay, I'll get ready for the new season here then.

Have to say your "saying no" innovation has really put the whole situation into focus for me. Makes you wonder why the club haven't tried that.

Nah. It's easy.

Can I have a transfer?

No.

Please?

No means no.

Okay, I'll get ready for the new season here then.

Have to say your "saying no" innovation has really put the whole situation into focus for me. Makes you wonder why the club haven't tried that.

I'm wondering the same thing, the only explanation is that the board kind of want all the money. Or maybe they just didn't want to look bad in front of all the other players who wouldn't come to Saints if we were to deny anyone a transfer exactly when they want it.

I'm wondering the same thing, the only explanation is that the board kind of want all the money. Or maybe they just didn't want to look bad in front of all the other players who wouldn't come to Saints if we were to deny anyone a transfer exactly when they want it.

One things for certain, the players concerned definitely don't want to double their money and play for bigger clubs.

After all, they know they are on obscene amounts now, so the idea of ever wanting more probably didn't even occur to them until Les Reed bundled them into a taxi up the M6.