State of the forum thread: Endless random negative musing threads

Matthew Le God

I love a bit of MLG fact. I don't even mind when he has a point and just will not let it go. Sometimes it's quite entertaining just from knowing it's about to happen.

However, I am not keen on boring, repetitive multi-thread starters or the same people hijacking everything else. It's not just about negativity though, the most negative poster at the moment is Saint Robbie, and his failure to see anything but the worst possible scenario in everything is actually quite amusing.

I don't mind people being negative, I don't mind people being positive, but at least TRY and respond to the arguments created with something coherent, or funny, or SOMETHING.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone bothers starting most of the threads though, they've already said the point they're making 10 times. Even in my most unLamberty moments I wasn't starting multiple threads about him, never mind 5 a day. Makes no sense.

more negativity.we can force the club into signing players before it is too late. In sept, if we haven't signed anyone then it will be too late. We could pressure the board by posting our opinions on here and then we will have to wait till jan before we sign anyone, unless they are free agents. Why not be proactive and post complaints NOW so that the board have to buy players.

This is the thing though isnt it? The expectation that anything said on here makes any remote difference in the (real) outside world? Do you honestly believe that the Board convene every day and log on to SaintsWeb in order to work out what they should be doing? They know what they need to do and carry on with their agenda untrouble by a bunch of cyberjockeys. "The board have to buy players" because we say so? I dont think that has ever happened, nor will it. Just as well too if you ask me judging by many comments here.

Personally I enjoy the 'negative' posters (not in a sexual way you understand) as much as the positive posters, the rational posters and the posters who are outright bonkers. Alpine, for example, truly cracks me up. I don't care if people have a different opinion to me about the state of our club. I know what I think and I think it's interesting to hear how other people think, even if they have polar opposite opinions and personalities to me.

I come here to catch up with everyone's 'inside' info which I don't have and to kick back and chill out a bit. I don't see too much wrong with the forum in that respect to be honest. Let the 'negative' guys carry on. It would be boring as hell if everyone was only bigging us up in every post.

Exactly how I feel. Some people take themselves far too seriously.

For all those who want to keep abreast with what's going on but can't be bothered to trawl through the endless rubbish:

http://zeitgeistmarys.herokuapp.com/desktop-only/270614/1

explanation here:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50761-I-need-a-couple-of-guinea-pigs#.U7WcC5RdUtc

Top work Bletch :toppa:

TMS Advertising Inc.

Top notch stuff.

I do, however, notice #AFC & #NFL popping up. While it'd be interesting to see Southampton playing American football, mini-camps have already started so it may be too late to join. Not sure what it's hitting on but it may let us know of any Drew Brees trades to Liverpool.

* I dont have a problem with different views but it is the constant, relentless negativity that drains the life out of this place that I dont like. You will always get some glass half full or half empty views but there are a number of people who for whom there is nothing at all in the glass and they seem to be borderline manic depressives. To say that they labour the point to death is not an exageration. I can understand when facts are thin on the ground you will get opinions and conjecture, but when people start making up their own facts to suit their agenda it does get tiresome. There clearly has not been a firesale and no asset stripping. A manager has been left and replaced by someone of standing in the game. Three players have been sold and new ones are coming in yet if you were to believe the negative posters we are a club in turmoil and are in meltdown. No we are not but through their constant whinning and negativity even the most rational people start to feel that maybe there is something in that. There clearly isnt and the people running the club are given a harder job because they need to fight that in order to keep the club progressing. I know where MLG is coming from as yesterday I said the same thing on a thred strated by one of the Usual Suspects. That perosn had written countless negative posts and then topped it all by starting a negative thread regurgitating all of the negative stuff he had spouted before. It just becomes soul destroying. I used to post a lot on here but thankfully moved to a place where there was poor internet connection so stopped posting but did read occasionally. Sanity returned! Having now moved and with a better connection I started to read and post more to the point that I thought I would register again. Now I am wondering why I bothered. Whereas before there was the occasional negative poster that seems to have grown into a small group (unless it is the same person posting under different names) who infect the Board and just constantly drag everything down. Yes, of course there is concern about change. Koeman could turn out to be better, the same or worse than Pochettino. The players replacing Lallana, Shaw and Lambert could be better, the same or worse, but for goodness sakes, to summise that they will be worse straight away without any evidence to back up that assertion is delusional and makes no sense whatsoever. To say there is a firesale or that asset are being stripped or that the Board do not know what they are doing when all that is happening is people leaving and being replaced is just nonsense. There are views and there are agendas. People with agendas will take everything that is happening and twist it to suit their position. No grey areas, just black and white. Do you know what? Cortese is not the only person who can have a plan or a vision. Everyone running a business (for that is what this is) has a business plan. Some work, some dont. After a period of instabilty and poor performance we then went through a period of (relative) stability (this doesnt include managers) and relative success (although we only won one competition in that time). It is a rollercoaster ride and there will always be ups and downs yet to read this forum you would think that SFC (or Engalnd for that matter) are immune to the natural order of things and that downs are not allowed. People make decisions evey day, some good some bad. It doesnt make them "idiots" it makes them human (fallible). To spend hours of your day expecting and reflecting on a failure that hasnt even (and may never) materialise is not at all healthy.

Aaaand... breathe!

This is the thing though isnt it? The expectation that anything said on here makes any remote difference in the (real) outside world? Do you honestly believe that the Board convene every day and log on to SaintsWeb in order to work out what they should be doing? They know what they need to do and carry on with their agenda untrouble by a bunch of cyberjockeys. "The board have to buy players" because we say so? I dont think that has ever happened, nor will it. Just as well too if you ask me judging by many comments here.

Well, yes......our posts clearly do make a difference, hence Adam Lallanas advert. I have no doubt that he took that out as a direct result of the grief he was getting from here. So i firmly believe that our HCDAJFU threads are noted and if we say "buy some more players!" Then the board will buy some more. The fact that you don't see this shows that you are one of the posters who are happy to bury their head in the sand and pretend everything is fine. With all due respect, you are old and don't understand the importance and influence of social media and forums like this. They carry a lot of weight. If we got behind one player i have no doubt that we could get the board to buy that player,

We have had no good news less Koeman. Everything else has been negative.

Why shouldn't the fan base reflect that?

It's called realism.

I hope we have 6-8 new mega stars to replace our team and kick on next season, but right now we haven't and we will be in a relegation fight.

But...... Then there's tomorrow.... ;)

As I am not convinced that the Saints board even bother with this website, or indeed any other Saints fans websites,

I don't know why people get so uptight about naming players they should/shouldn't buy. The Saints board will only do

what it wants to do when it wants to do it regardless of what is posted on here.