Chants

Master Bates

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
plastics? ffs. yeah going to watch saints play forest really is the action of a glory boy isn't it?

Sorry Scu, it is when by going you can guarantee a ticket against Manure.

Walking out before the end of the game after watching that crap week in, week out is fully justified.

I think it is f*cking disgusting that people come out of the woodwork so much at the sight of cheap tickets and Manchester United. The FACT is that if all these people turned up every week with the 15,000 loyals, we wouldn't be broke, facing administration, having to sell our best players and playing the youth team with an inept manager.

The Northam are fully justified to mock the plastics and hold their season tickets in the air, at the end of the day, it's mostly the plastics themselves who find it annoying.

15,000 loyals = administration

27,000 every week = Money to spend, decent players, decent coach.

It realy is that simple.

The fact is the Northam Stand has the highest concentration of STH's in the stadium and is the biggest contributor to away attendances, without them we would have hardly anyone following Saints at home or away. So yes, Northam fans are the loyal 'super' fans.

Glad we got that cleared up.

No, it hasn't cleared that up at all, it's a complete contradiction.

So according to your calculations 15,000 "loyals" means administration but 27,000 means extra revenue and better times. Fine. So why do YOU want to slag off the returning fans and even sing pathetic songs against our own red n white (instead of supporting the team at 0-1 down) when those are the very fans fans you complain about for not turning up?

You can't have it both ways? Do you want more supporters and income or do you like to think of yourself as some elite "super" fan and any additional supporters aren't welcome?

When we were in the Premier League I came up from Plymouth about 7 times a season. First season in the Championship my Dad refused to drive me up after 3, but in the 2nd season in the Champ I think I caught 11 games home and away from Plymouth.

I would talk to all the Plymouth fans down there when I lived there and a lot would say they'd go every game if they were Premier League. Only a few I knew caught every game.

If I still lived in the UK, I would be looking at the cost of getting in, the huge and well overpriced cost of petrol (which is 2.5x cheaper in Australia and even they think thats too much), the quality of football being provided, the atmosphere, the fact the itchen corner is shut and the most important thing, 1 HOME WIN ALL BL**DY SEASON and decided no no no to any game. The Man Utd match is on the TV. I would have watched it on the TV while maybe hiding behind the cushions.

When people pay money to go to the football match they can chant what they like. I take the view that 'waving your season ticket' is both a sign of loyalness (great fans you are) but also something not exactly to be proud of. It must seem like a place of misery 5pm on Saturdays.

Listen young man, firstly when you start work one day and you have to pay adult prices you will realise that paying a proportion of your wages to watch rubbish does grate, week in week out. Like your dad I don't mind paying for my kids but I do object to supporting a team that doesn't care.

As for your assertion that you are a better supporter than those who chose to go yesterday, perhaps for the first time or at least it's safe to assume for some time, what gives you the right to prejudge their respective circumstances perhaps they unlike your parents don't have sufficient income or aren't able to pay their kids pocket money to go and watch each week and this was a one off treat.

The main thing is they came, might have returned and I suspect now due to that performance won't after Man U and frankly who can blame them.

As for the Northam, frankly they are often an embarrassment, the same songs, leaving early almost every match (yes, every match were losing) and if you want to see the ugliest and most ignorant chavs in the western hemisphere that's the place to be FACT!

Firstly you patronising ****, I am pushing into my 30's with 2 kids and a mortgage, so don't give me the sh!t about paying adult prices.

******** to peoples financial situations affecting the crowds that much. People can't find £20 to come and watch Saints in the CHampionship, you can bet that they would easily find double that if we were in the Premiership.

You do seem stuck up your own arse, especially with the 'chav' comments. If chavs - whom the definition is lower class council estate rats - can find the money to go to football, as you say they do, then how come working people cannot?

If you had actually been to SMS this year, you would have actually seen that most of the games, the players have shown they cared, they just have not been good enough.

As for the attendances.

19k was about the break even point, if you get less than that, you lose money. The person who done the Maths and said we would still lose money.... you are obviously forgetting all the extra revenues from Programmes, MegaStore, Burger Vans etc etc.

19k is the break even point, that is/was fact. This has been confirmed by directors in the past.

A Championship Clubs main source of income is through the gates, if people don't come, we go bust.... IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Once again, just incase it did not ring clear enough.

- All of the 'fans' you don't bother turning up week in, week out are putting the nails in the coffin, as a direct result of these actions, we are going bust -

Firstly you patronising ****, I am pushing into my 30's with 2 kids and a mortgage, so don't give me the sh!t about paying adult prices.

******** to peoples financial situations affecting the crowds that much. People can't find £20 to come and watch Saints in the CHampionship, you can bet that they would easily find double that if we were in the Premiership.

You do seem stuck up your own arse, especially with the 'chav' comments. If chavs - whom the definition is lower class council estate rats - can find the money to go to football, as you say they do, then how come working people cannot?

If you had actually been to SMS this year, you would have actually seen that most of the games, the players have shown they cared, they just have not been good enough.

As for the attendances.

19k was about the break even point, if you get less than that, you lose money. The person who done the Maths and said we would still lose money.... you are obviously forgetting all the extra revenues from Programmes, MegaStore, Burger Vans etc etc.

19k is the break even point, that is/was fact. This has been confirmed by directors in the past.

A Championship Clubs main source of income is through the gates, if people don't come, we go bust.... IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

- All of the 'fans' you don't bother turning up week in, week out are putting the nails in the coffin, as a direct result of these actions, we are going bust -

So you want people to return and then slag them off when they do?

Thick tw at.

I've previously had a season ticket for many years but due to financial restraints like an 11 month old boy and a wife looking after him and working part time I am unable to attend the games like I used to. Add to this the amount of games played on a week night and living in bristol it does make it hard to attend both financially and physically.

Now I still follow the results as passionatly as I ever have and will always be red and white and Ok I haven't got a post count in the thousands but what right does that give you to critizise other people and call them plastic fans due to them not living in Southampton locality and not havin the available finance and time.

I'm going to try to get to the game against Man U which will probably be my only chance because of who they are and that slim chance we might surprise them.

Just because you're a regular attendee to the games makes you think you're so much better than me. Well my family have worked with the club for years and I've supported over 30 years myself does that make you better than me.

It's a football club who we all support for gods sake!!!!

The 19k that is often banded about refers to when we were in the prem, with the mega millions received in TV money. We have been averaging 22k-23k gates over the last three seasons and have still been losing a fortune - despite selling our best talent - therefore the breakeven is NOT 19k in the Championship.

We are more reliant on the gate, as you say, but as for my maths, I based the average ticket price on £30 a head - the fact that it is more likely to be £18 per head if they were STHs, means that they have £12 a head to spend on beer and programmes. Allowing for this, we would still make a loss.

If you are going to stand by your 19k breakeven gate, can you explain why in previous seasons we have been making horrendous losses?

Why make people feel uncomfortable for going to watch Saints? Why do some fans have to be superior? I don't have a season ticket but still make 10-15 home games and about 10 away games each year, so contributing plenty to the club. I am starting to believe more than ever that we have an inherent problem with a large percentage of fans at this club, that is running down this club far more than a lot of other factors. I had a season ticket at The Dell and the start of Saint Mary's for 9 solid years, so what if moving away makes Tuesday night games unreachable? The atmosphere is pretty poor and uncomfortable at Saint Mary's now and the 'true' fans (as they call themselves) create this. We are all in this rubbish together.

The fact that I heard some saints fans last night saying that they were glad they were only going to the 2 games (Forest & Man Utd) proves that the chantings of:

He hates plastic fans,

he hates plastic faaaaans,

Bradley Wright-Phillips,

he hates plastic fans.

Here for United,

You're only here for United,

Here for United,

You're only here for United.

Stand up,

If you're here next week,

Stand up,

Stand up,

Stand up,

If you're here next week.

were justified.

A fan has a right to do as he pleases, I 'm not going because we are fukcin sh@t, we will be crap whether i turn up or not, what i dont need is some 'uberfan' telling me I should waste my money. My answer to that is simple GET FOOKED!!!

To sum things up - under Lowe it will always be Fan v Fan. Divided.

Lowe goes = fans not divided. Simplistic maybe but read this forum tonight and it is evident his dark presence is ripping this club apart.

Fans have been divided for some years now, no evidence of division in 2003, the result on Saturday is what created more in-fighting as further poor results will do the same, simplistic maybe ?

Why make people feel uncomfortable for going to watch Saints? Why do some fans have to be superior? I don't have a season ticket but still make 10-15 home games and about 10 away games each year, so contributing plenty to the club. I am starting to believe more than ever that we have an inherent problem with a large percentage of fans at this club, that is running down this club far more than a lot of other factors. I had a season ticket at The Dell and the start of Saint Mary's for 9 solid years, so what if moving away makes Tuesday night games unreachable? The atmosphere is pretty poor and uncomfortable at Saint Mary's now and the 'true' fans (as they call themselves) create this. We are all in this rubbish together.

This is the result of a hated Chairman returning and messing up appallingly his 4th managerial appointment at least. I don't feel comfortable at SMS any more either but will still go, the day that the 4-5k Lowe (there is a silent majority of fans at SMS that are well aware Lowe has messed it up AGAIN and know he is a disaster area) zealots win is the day that the club really dies. If that happens, they can groundshare with Eastleigh and crunch the complementary carrots at half-time.

yes...well..at least 14k of super dupers who mock others...

Not everyone who has a season tickets and goes to games mocks others.

I've been to the majority of games home and away and I couldn't give a toss about plastic fans or people who are just going to see United. It's the same with the majority of ST holders as i'm sure you know.

oh dear the 'im a better fan than you' lot are at it again. shut up you muppets. first you moan that the crowds are low, then when they all turn up you slag them off, make your minds up you daft feckers it's getting really boring!!!!!!

oh dear the 'im a better fan than you' lot are at it again. shut up you muppets. first you moan that the crowds are low, then when they all turn up you slag them off, make your minds up you daft feckers it's getting really boring!!!!!!

They only moan because the fans have come back due to a combination of cheap tickets and seeing the best club in the world. If 28,000 turned up for swansea at home next month not one person would complain about plastic fans.

WTF Saints fans chanting abuse at Saints fans ridiculous I am a Season Ticket holder and I didn't object to cheaper tickets I was just glad to see the ground a bit more full I dont dare why people where at the game just glad they came we have enough sh1t going on in the boardroom and on the pitch at the moment we shouldn't be having a pop at other Saints fans SMS should be a welcoming place to go and support the Saints how ever and whenever you see fit.

I like to go every week and to as many away as I can but I am not getting on at people who dont at times like this we need all the support we can get and should reserve our chanting for support of the team.

Yes you are, you liar.

I, however, am not.

I'm not either, this season has been bad enough without having to watch plastic Mancs jumping up and down as one of Man U's reserve strikers completes a hat-trick. I'd rather see Reading at home and that's the honest truth.

Simple really. Most supporters/fans are totally ****ed off at the performances we have had to endure not just this season but for the last few years.

Crap results, low goal scoring record, lots of late defeats, the sale of any player worth a damn results in normal fans staying away because it is hard to endure week in week out.

Simple really

It wouldn't surprise me if on January 4th it's the United fans themselves who'll be singing "You're only here for United". Presumably the genius Saints fans on the Northam will just join in?

No matter what the "real fans" say on here, such a chant would be spot-on! LOL

There were a lot of Plastics' sat near me yesterday in the Chapel. They all went 10 minutes early for half time, got back late for the 2nd half and then left early.

After the display they saw yesterday I doubt that they will be back in a hurry, at least I will have a bit more space and not have to constantly stand up and sit down to let them past. I am now dreading the Manure game. Just hope the atmosphere is better, for 27k it was pretty poor.

These are the sort of views which do my nut in.

I was more than likely one of the fans you are referring to in the Chapel on saturday, but i will be back in a hurry as i have been going back in a hurry for nearly 20 years. This is first season for a while that i havent had a season ticket. Mainly due to the fact that i didnt think i would need one due to low gates last season and thought it would be benificial to me to get tickets for each game.

The reason people like me were sat in your beloved chapel was due to all the plastics previously referred to. Previous home games this season i have got my tickets the day or 2 before the game. I followed this routine for the Forest game but the only area with more than single seats was your beloved chapel. I expect i will be able to get a ticket in any area of the ground on the day of the Reading game.

It is fans like you who are keeping some fans away, you make out as if you own the chapel stand and other people in there are your guests. It is these pathetic, snob like views which drive some fans away and mean that the Chapel is the only area with seats left.

So what if people want to get a beer in for a half time, they have paid there money and dont need your permission to go to the toilet or or the bar. If standing up and sitting down is such an inconvienence maybe you should see a doctor or get a blue badge. I think st marys does have some excellent views for the disabled, might be worth looking in to.

I await the usual replies which make this forum the state it is, eg. some noncey english teacher correcting my spelling or punctuation.

Walking out before the end of the game after watching that crap week in, week out is fully justified.

I think it is f*cking disgusting that people come out of the woodwork so much at the sight of cheap tickets and Manchester United. The FACT is that if all these people turned up every week with the 15,000 loyals, we wouldn't be broke, facing administration, having to sell our best players and playing the youth team with an inept manager.

The Northam are fully justified to mock the plastics and hold their season tickets in the air, at the end of the day, it's mostly the plastics themselves who find it annoying.

15,000 loyals = administration

27,000 every week = Money to spend, decent players, decent coach.

It realy is that simple.

The fact is the Northam Stand has the highest concentration of STH's in the stadium and is the biggest contributor to away attendances, without them we would have hardly anyone following Saints at home or away. So yes, Northam fans are the loyal 'super' fans.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Or could it be that some people can't afford to shell out £30 a game to watch that ****ing dross with a muppet in charge pulling the strings. Also, as you say 30,000 fans means money to spend, whereas 15,000 fans means administration, so those chants from the Northam lambasting the "plastic" fans won't encourage them to come back. So that will mean 15,000 again next week and administration, solid proof if there ever was that the Northam is full of idiots.

Or could it be that some people can't afford to shell out £30 a game to watch that ****ing dross with a muppet in charge pulling the strings. Also, as you say 30,000 fans means money to spend, whereas 15,000 fans means administration, so those chants from the Northam lambasting the "plastic" fans won't encourage them to come back. So that will mean 15,000 again next week and administration, solid proof if there ever was that the Northam is full of idiots.

would be funny if the "plastics" started chanting "cherio cherio" whist the northam gets 2/3s empty with 5 mins to go.....

As for the attendances.

Stu, wish I could agree on this 19k break even figure. I think it was approx that figure, but now I beleive it to be closer to 23000!! Which is not good.

The 19000 figure had conditions and these were I beleive to be things such as

Rasiak, Euell, John, Skacel and Saga off the wage Bill. With some of these guys still on it the break even is much higher.

As for the attendances.

Listen laddie, my 14 yr old is pushing 30...eventually, seriously I don't believe anything u say frankly...why?

Because of your line about " the players have shown they cared".

If you had of attended a game this season who will patently see that at times certain players don't care. I think as someone who has been this season th only one who can lay claim to that is Kelvin.

As for chav's, I apologise if that offended you, i'd didn't mean to single you out but to me one indicator of a chav is someone who feels the need to offer profanities when posting a response!!..oops sorry, for profenities read swear.

As for the attendances.

Listen laddie, my 14 yr old is pushing 30...eventually, seriously I don't believe anything u say frankly...why?

If you had of attended a game this season who will patently see that at times certain players don't care. I think as someone who has been this season the only one who can lay claim to that is Kelvin.

As for chav's, I apologise if that offended you, I didn't mean to single you out but to me one indicator of a chav is someone who feels the need to offer profanities when posting a response!!..oops sorry, for profanities read swear.

If you had of attended a game this season who will patently see that at times certain players don't care. I think as someone who has been this season the only one who can lay claim to that is Kelvin.

As for chav's, I apologise if that offended you, I didn't mean to single you out but to me one indicator of a chav is someone who feels the need to offer profanities when posting a response!!..oops sorry, for profanities read swear.

I think you'll find all the players care but as most of them are kids and before this season were playing in front of a handful of supporters, the fact they are now playing in front of thousands of supporters has put a heavy burden on their shoulders. To say they don't care is total crap, lost, bewildered, not good enough yes but not caring, sorry you are wrong.

So you want people to return and then slag them off when they do?

Thick tw at.

He was refering to the fans only bothering to turn up for the forest game to get united tickets, we won't see these again unless we beat united and draw Arsenal in the next round, if we had beat Forest we would still be loking at 15k for the next home game.

He was refering to the fans only bothering to turn up for the forest game to get united tickets, we won't see these again unless we beat united and draw Arsenal in the next round, if we had beat Forest we would still be loking at 15k for the next home game.

what makes me laugh is that people seems surprised by this...

:rolleyes:

we have an average attendance for the league we are in..despite being way below average in the league...

man utd rocking up would fill the nou camp...let alone SMS...they are the english, european and world champions..

we are crap in the CCC with an above crap average attendance this season...and some seem surprised by this and in the same breath tell us we should not expect much in the league than where we are right now..

odd is not the word

The 19k that is often banded about refers to when we were in the prem, with the mega millions received in TV money. We have been averaging 22k-23k gates over the last three seasons and have still been losing a fortune - despite selling our best talent - therefore the breakeven is NOT 19k in the Championship.

We are more reliant on the gate, as you say, but as for my maths, I based the average ticket price on £30 a head - the fact that it is more likely to be £18 per head if they were STHs, means that they have £12 a head to spend on beer and programmes. Allowing for this, we would still make a loss.

If you are going to stand by your 19k breakeven gate, can you explain why in previous seasons we have been making horrendous losses?

Huge wage bill and bonuses, something affordable in the premiership but not the championship.

A fan has a right to do as he pleases, I 'm not going because we are fukcin sh@t, we will be crap whether i turn up or not, what i dont need is some 'uberfan' telling me I should waste my money. My answer to that is simple GET FOOKED!!!

Last season you said you would return whan Burley left, what will be your excuse when "Jan the man that can't" gets replaced by Billy Davies....