Banner for Opening Game at Anfield

JackanorySFC

SFC 1992

I'm not going to forget what Al gave to saints . I'm not in favour of a banner . Besides it will probably be confiscated by the scouse security bods or stolen before it even gets in to the ground .

What I will not forgive Adam who for is the fact the way he has treated the club and the fans with total disrespect and the way he has gone about getting this move .

I have my RAMC motto I stand firmly by in Arduis fidellis . Faithful in adversity . Shame he didn't show a bit more faith in the club

While I don't begrudge him an opportunity to play CL and 100k a week Adam showed no loyalty to saints or the club . He was our capt on the field . He conveyed his thoughts about playing for Liverpool etc before the season end .

He has betrayed me and many other fans by his antics . Good riddance he an ex saints player now

If he had conducted himself with an once of decorum then maybe the move would have still been unpalatable but would have accepted with a bit of respect .

Sadly it seems we have another tosser in our ranks mr lovren as well as Adam who

Adam who , is an ex saints player so can we please move this thread to lounge now .

Come on, let's get some perspective - it helps. When a player signs a deal with us they don't sign their soul away and vow never to move to another club, they don't vow never to secretly wish they could be somewhere else or to dream about lifting the PL trophy at Anfield. They sign as a footballer, and their obligations include conducting themselves professionally off the pitch and applying themselves fully on it to maximise their club's chances of being prosperous and successful.

We've had 14 years of that from Adam Lallana. That and way, way more. I can't be bothered to try to describe how many tight games he's turned in our favour and consequently expediated our rise as a club, but anyone who can't see it or forgets this easily should ask themselves what it is they actually enjoy about football. A youth academy product with dazzling feet, who helped us to some of most memorable wins and performances in the modern era, and worked damn hard to boot; I have absolutely loved watching him play since 2008. But yeah, you're right, **** him because he should be a Southampton FC employee first and a human being second. He signed a deal with us a few years ago and at one time held the opinion that he'd like to end his career at this club he loves, therefore he is not permitted to change his mind under significantly altered circumstances, when his stock has risen dramatically, ours is perceived to be in decline and one of the most ambitious clubs in world football want you to help them attack the Champions League.

He's done more for SFC than almost anybody else I can remember, but wants to see if he can do something really special now. That's not brilliant news for the club but, as I said, he doesn't owe us his undying loyalty for ever more just because he signed a deal with the club a few years ago. He could have handled the situation better towards the end but he clearly felt this was his real chance to throw his hat in the ring at the very top end of his profession - at 26 he might not get another chance. He did himself no favours with his first interview at Liverpool but I'd only be upset if I saw anything in his conduct or performances that suggested to me his heart wasn't in it as the season wound down. In reality it was the opposite, he played with his typical intensity until the end.

Does his admittedly ugly transfer wipe out everything that happened between that first great goal away at WBA and now? Does it ********.

Come on, let's get some perspective - it helps. When a player signs a deal with us they don't sign their soul away and vow never to move to another club, they don't vow never to secretly wish they could be somewhere else or to dream about lifting the PL trophy at Anfield. They sign as a footballer, and their obligations include conducting themselves professionally off the pitch and applying themselves fully on it to maximise their club's chances of being prosperous and successful.

We've had 14 years of that from Adam Lallana. That and way, way more. I can't be bothered to try to describe how many tight games he's turned in our favour and consequently expediated our rise as a club, but anyone who can't see it or forgets this easily should ask themselves what it is they actually enjoy about football. A youth academy product with dazzling feet, who helped us to some of most memorable wins and performances in the modern era, and worked damn hard to boot; I have absolutely loved watching him play since 2008. But yeah, you're right, **** him because he should be a Southampton FC employee first and a human being second. He signed a deal with us a few years ago and at one time held the opinion that he'd like to end his career at this club he loves, therefore he is not permitted to change his mind under significantly altered circumstances, when his stock has risen dramatically, ours is perceived to be in decline and one of the most ambitious clubs in world football want you to help them attack the Champions League.

He's done more for SFC than almost anybody else I can remember, but wants to see if he can do something really special now. That's not brilliant news for the club but, as I said, he doesn't owe us his undying loyalty for ever more just because he signed a deal with the club a few years ago. He could have handled the situation better towards the end but he clearly felt this was his real chance to throw his hat in the ring at the very top end of his profession - at 26 he might not get another chance. He did himself no favours with his first interview at Liverpool but I'd only be upset if I saw anything in his conduct or performances that suggested to me his heart wasn't in it as the season wound down. In reality it was the opposite, he played with his typical intensity until the end.

Does his admittedly ugly transfer wipe out everything that happened between that first great goal away at WBA and now? Does it ********.

He's admitted himself he was dreaming of playing for Liverpool for a chunk of last season. No-one has a problem with players moving clubs, it's the way it's done that is an issue. See the club's reaction to his move compared to Shaw or Lambert.

Well said Mitch01 - my sentiments entirely. Always loved watching Adam play. My son and I met him in hospitality when he was 19 and was just about breaking into the squad and I've marvelled at his trickery and sublime skills ever since. If I was going to Liverpool (and I am not because I refuse to give them a penny just so they can flaunt their wealth and our ex players in front of us), I for one would not boo him. Some fans are so fickle and have the shortest of memories. I am totally gutted that he has left but I wish him well for the future and will be proud for him when he graces the Champions League and extends his International career with England.

He's admitted himself he was dreaming of playing for Liverpool for a chunk of last season. No-one has a problem with players moving clubs, it's the way it's done that is an issue. See the club's reaction to his move compared to Shaw or Lambert.

100% this. Plus the toys out of the pram about us not falling over to sell him before the WC. Plus the liverpool shirt nonsense at the WC. Plus all the fake emotion at the end of season awards, when clutching most of the trophies and saying he would want the club to keep developing / progressing, then not waiting to even find out.

He did not sign a new contract "a few years ago" Mitch. He grabbed it with both hands and gushed about finishing his career here.

Brendon Rodgers was having a conversation with Jose Mourinho on one fine day.

JM : "At chelsea, we don't just train the players physically. We also train them mentally."

BR Show me"

Jose then called Eden hazard over to demonstrate.

JM: Eden you are your father's son. And your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

EH:That's easy. I'm me, boss!

Rodgers then decided to try it on his players. He called Adam llallana over

BR Adam , answer me this. You are your father's son. And your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

Adam thought for a moment and asked for 1 day to think of an answer.

He went home and called Wayne Rooney

AL :Could you help me with this question. You are your father's son and your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

WR: That's easy! I'm me!

The next day during training, rodgers met llallana and posed the same question

BR :So Adam you are your father's son and your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

AL :That's easy, boss! I'm Wayne Rooney!

BR :went ballistic!

BR: NO NO NO! You are Adam Llallana !!!

Mitch

I have not forgotten many of his fine displays for us at St Mary's and I'm truly grateful for what he did for us . However He should have shown more dignity in asking for a move etc . He didn't according to the media and his own comments he had no intention of staying . Who ever advised him needs to look at themselves . The comments re playing for Liverpool several months ago show disrespect to the saints and the fans alike . He signed a five year contract etc etc .

I'm not denying him a move to a slightly bigger club than us . But it's the way he went about it . And those few words in the echo just added insult to injury .

At the end of the day it's the name in the front of the shirt that matters not the one on the back .

My angst is also aimed at Liverpool FC and probably lovren -as well unless he realises he has been stupid and apologises .

Well said Mitch01 - my sentiments entirely. Always loved watching Adam play. My son and I met him in hospitality when he was 19 and was just about breaking into the squad and I've marvelled at his trickery and sublime skills ever since. If I was going to Liverpool (and I am not because I refuse to give them a penny just so they can flaunt their wealth and our ex players in front of us), I for one would not boo him. Some fans are so fickle and have the shortest of memories. I am totally gutted that he has left but I wish him well for the future and will be proud for him when he graces the Champions League and extends his International career with England.
If Lovren lines up against us at Anfield, will you clap and cheer him?

I don't have a problem with a player wanting to play somewhere else as long as his application for us doesn't change and Lallana's form was exemplary right up to the end. As I said, I'm disappointed with how he left but it doesn't warrant the bile seen on here and likely to be seen at Anfield on the first day - he had more than enough in the bank with us not to be villainised.

I don't have a problem with a player wanting to play somewhere else as long as his application for us doesn't change and Lallana's form was exemplary right up to the end. As I said, I'm disappointed with how he left but it doesn't warrant the bile seen on here and likely to be seen at Anfield on the first day - he had more than enough in the bank with us not to be villainised.
You're happy with a player threatening to go on strike to get a move, weakening our club's position, openly admitting he was dreaming of playing for someone else while our captain, then fair enough, most aren't.

Would you be happy to clap and cheer Lovren if he lines up against us at Anfield?

Mitch

I also agree some of the bile printed has been well below the belt . As I said earlier I don't agree with the banner . I think it will be counter productive . Especially up there .

I have seen many excellent players leave saints over the decades however the manner Adam has gone about leaving the club .

Was disrespectful

Contrast that with Rickie lambert . Do it with dignity . That's all I ask .

Sour Mash - NO I wouldn't cheer Lovren!! One a mercenary who after one season wants away and the other been at the club years and gave his all right to the end. Would it be ok with you if I were to give SRL a quiet round of applause? Not that I'm going to be there as explained above.
But Lovren served us well throughout his year at the club, gave 100% each game, I'm sure you were happy to clap him at the last game of last season. Some fans are so fickle and have the shortest of memories

Brendon Rodgers was having a conversation with Jose Mourinho on one fine day.

JM : "At chelsea, we don't just train the players physically. We also train them mentally."

BR Show me"

Jose then called Eden hazard over to demonstrate.

JM: Eden you are your father's son. And your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

EH:That's easy. I'm me, boss!

Rodgers then decided to try it on his players. He called Adam llallana over

BR Adam , answer me this. You are your father's son. And your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

Adam thought for a moment and asked for 1 day to think of an answer.

He went home and called Wayne Rooney

AL :Could you help me with this question. You are your father's son and your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

WR: That's easy! I'm me!

The next day during training, rodgers met llallana and posed the same question

BR :So Adam you are your father's son and your uncle's nephew. Who are you?

AL :That's easy, boss! I'm Wayne Rooney!

BR :went ballistic!

BR: NO NO NO! You are Adam Llallana !!!

Way to ruin a decent joke. Last two lines completely superfluous. As for STILL not being able to spell "Lallana", Jeebus.

nah goatboy i was trying to make point bout people who reply without quoting the subject of their reply, cos it bugs me to have to go back through thread seeking out context! You was just collateral damage! I only picked you cos you hadn't posted in this thread, rendering search for context futile :)

Edit: And you ruined it!

nah goatboy i was trying to make point bout people who reply without quoting the subject of their reply, cos it bugs me to have to go back through thread seeking out context! You was just collateral damage! I only picked you cos you hadn't posted in this thread, rendering search for context futile :)

Edit: And you ruined it!

I scrolled :x

You're happy with a player threatening to go on strike to get a move, weakening our club's position, openly admitting he was dreaming of playing for someone else while our captain, then fair enough, most aren't.

Would you be happy to clap and cheer Lovren if he lines up against us at Anfield?

No, not 'happy'. As I said, I'm disappointed with how he left, it was not done in the right way - he may well have weakened our position. The point I was trying to make was that his service to us over the years is more than enough for me to forgive the manner of his exit. Not happy with how he left, yet still remarkably happy with his overwhelmingly positive contribution overall. Observe how the two sentiments can exist in tandem.

To address your other points:

The simple fact that he was 'dreaming' of playing for someone else is irrelevant; the guy wants what he wants, it's hard to condemn someone for 'wanting'. What is important are his actions and I personally watched him continue to attack every game for us with as much intensity as ever. Whether or not you think that merits respect, I for one appreciate it. Agree he was foolish to disclose the information, but in this case I really feel the offence is being taken not given.

I thought sources close to Lallana dismissed the notion he would have gone on strike? I certainly found it hard to believe given everything else I have seen from him. Either way, that stuff has always come through the filter of media sources and I prefer not to make hard and fast judgments based on what is essentially rumour.

It would surprise me massively if you really felt like Lovren and Lallana's situations were comparable. He is somebody I am genuinely disappointed by.

Viking:

I agree he went about it badly. Can see why other actions would be interpreted as disrespectful, but that won't have been his intention (much like the Echo page) - as I wrote above, it is not hard to see why he would see this chance of a move as one of the pivotal moments in his career and life, therefore I find it hard to criticise him too much especially given how much he has done for us.

Compare and contrast with Rickie and Luke is not a fair exercise. Luke has years and years to play at the top and would inevitably have arrived at one of Europe's elite clubs while still in his teens anyway, he had little to gain from forcing the issue and probably never felt like he needed to. Rickie's move was incredibly swift and it sounds like we didn't put up much of a fight; something tells me he would have put pressure on us to let him go if he had been the key player worth £25m we were trying to cling on to.

Lallana was at a crossroads, conceivably playing the rest of his career at major international tournaments and the CL, or alternatively mid-table in the PL. He didn't leave with dignity, but if he wanted the move I'm not sure his circumstances allowed him to. Hence my disappointment, not fury.

Fair points You make Mitch . But why sign a 5 year contract and make the comments about seeing out his career with yes .

I will fondly remember Adams days with us but for me he has crossed the line of unacceptability re his quest to leave the club

I don't know if it was MP leaving . NC leaving that made him decide to leave or another option .

He has yet to make a really solid start for England . But the that might be the fault of the other players who seemed not to want pass to him . It was always going to Rooney Gerard or the other scouse players .

I do want him to succeed . But I'm not going to change my opinion about the way he left the club and the comments attributed to him re his move away .

No, not 'happy'. As I said, I'm disappointed with how he left, it was not done in the right way - he may well have weakened our position. The point I was trying to make was that his service to us over the years is more than enough for me to forgive the manner of his exit. Not happy with how he left, yet still remarkably happy with his overwhelmingly positive contribution overall. Observe how the two sentiments can exist in tandem.

To address your other points:

The simple fact that he was 'dreaming' of playing for someone else is irrelevant; the guy wants what he wants, it's hard to condemn someone for 'wanting'. What is important are his actions and I personally watched him continue to attack every game for us with as much intensity as ever. Whether or not you think that merits respect, I for one appreciate it. Agree he was foolish to disclose the information, but in this case I really feel the offence is being taken not given.

I thought sources close to Lallana dismissed the notion he would have gone on strike? I certainly found it hard to believe given everything else I have seen from him. Either way, that stuff has always come through the filter of media sources and I prefer not to make hard and fast judgments based on what is essentially rumour.

It would surprise me massively if you really felt like Lovren and Lallana's situations were comparable. He is somebody I am genuinely disappointed by.

Why are Lovren and Lallana's actions so much different?

Why do you think the club's stance was so different on Lallana leaving compared to Shaw or Lambert?

Why have we got ITK people like Guan posting on here about Lallana's attitude?

I really think it`s time we grew up and showed a bit of class. If people are determined to make a point against Lallana at Anfield, then just applaud him -which can either be taken as appreciation for what he did for us or simply taken as irony.

I really think it`s time we grew up and showed a bit of class. If people are determined to make a point against Lallana at Anfield, then just applaud him -which can either be taken as appreciation for what he did for us or simply taken as irony.

Pretty sure Adam won't see the irony.

Banner or chant: 'we mugged you, yeah, yeah, yeah'

They love da Beatles, in self pity city. You heard it here first ;-)

This is superb! Maybe with the E's changed to £.

"W£ MUGG£D YOU, Y£AH, Y£AH, Y£AH"

I'm off tomorrow, will get some designs made up and set up a account.

Those that don't like the idea, no worries, clap the Judas, badge kissing, money grabbing pr***(s), think you have some moral high ground over someone like Lallana or Lovren whose morals are focused solely on money, enough so completely screw over the club they signed long term contracts with 12 months all whilst "dreaming" of a move to Liverpool. They would **** you over the first chance they got, as football fans we need to try and make a stand against this ****. Players and agents have far too much power/ influence over clubs and fans. Being all nice and "turning the other cheek" offers nothing to either the situation or the atmosphere in the ground. United we stand, together we fall and all that....

Seriously if you like the idea, donate, if not, don't. No biggy. Very confident we'll get enough donations to pay for it.

Up the Saints!

Edited by JackanorySFC

Those that don't like the idea, no worries, clap the Judas, badge kissing, money grabbing pr***(s), think you have some moral high ground over someone like Lallana or Lovren whose morals are focused solely on money, enough so completely screw over the club they signed long term contracts with 12 months all whilst "dreaming" of a move to Liverpool. They would **** you over the first chance they got, as football fans we need to try and make a stand against this ****. Players and agents have far too much power/ influence over clubs and fans. Being all nice and "turning the other cheek" offers nothing to either the situation or the atmosphere in the ground. United we stand, together we fall and all that....

Seriously if you like the idea, donate, if not, don't. No biggy. Very confident we'll get enough donations to pay for it.

Up the Saints!

Be my guest Jackanory :-)

Last chorus:

'With a mug like that you know that you've been had...'

Never could stand Liverpool...

Ooh, subversive. I like it. That will teach him! :cool:

Banner or chant: 'we mugged you, yeah, yeah, yeah'

They love da Beatles, in self pity city. You heard it here first ;-)

The only bugger with that is, if he scores one and sets up another or just puts on a show on his home debut, that banner's going to look a bit muggy.

Damn, I can hear those scallies now "He plays on the left, He plays on the riiiight, Adam Lallana, Makes S'hampton look sh*te".

Tbh, I thought everyone was just having a bit of fun or venting their spleen on a football forum really, didn't think it was actually likely.

Up the Saints!

Well said Jack,I will def contribute