Lallana completes move to LFC for a fee of around £25m

Saint-Armstrong

Sell Suarez please Liverpool. That'll be lols.

Lallana was the one jewel I didn't want us to sell because he was our creative outlet, but now we have, for that money, I'm fairly happy. He must be replaced correctly though, as must they all.

Alex Crook is going to make some revelations concerning Lallana's departure from Saints. That's what all the nod, nod, wink wink is about.

You don't stab your life long best mate in the back, leave him for dead, and, expect everyone to remember all the years of togetherness without pain and vengeful thoughts.

What's the betting on him sustaining a "niggling injury" around the 21st February 2015?
Do you give him that long? The mere change in his training regime will surely stir up many a niggle or two

Alex Crook is going to make some revelations concerning Lallana's departure from Saints. That's what all the nod, nod, wink wink is about.

Crook's already revealed his angle, that Lallana told the club he wouldn't play for them again, effectively going on strike.

Gutting to hear that from a player I previously considered to represent everything that we'd done right in the last few years. No class at all. I'll quite enjoy watching his career disappear into obscurity if/when he fails to secure a regular first team spot. He won't get a good reception from many at St Mary's, but then I doubt he gives a stuff.

Do I not like this:

AL: “Last season, deep down, I was thinking: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream is reality now.” #LallanaLFC

Grade A ****......good to see your heart was in it with us then.....nothing like leaving on a classy note.....hope VW does you one on the first day of the season.....

This is the full transcript: He comes across as a right cu*t tbh,

Adam, welcome to Liverpool Football Club...

Thank you very much. I'm over the moon for it to be sorted. I still can't quite believe it. I just can't wait to get started in pre-season and work with the team.

Can you describe your emotions right now?

Not really, no, it has not sunk in if I'm being honest. I'd like to thank everyone at Southampton for what they have done for me; I have been there for the best part of 14 years. I'm so excited for the next chapter of my career, coming to a special club like Liverpool. I'm quite humbled and I just can't wait to get started.

After spending so much of your life on the south coast, how big a step is this for you?

It's a huge step. Liverpool have got so much history and after the season they had last season, I can't wait to get started and carry on and build on that. Champions League football is back; everyone is telling me that the atmosphere on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at Anfield are something special. Lambert is up here already and he has been telling me all about it. It's great that I can continue my career with him as well. That's a special moment.

How much of a help is he going to be now you're both here at Liverpool?

A massive help. I've spent the last four or five years with him. We've had great careers at Southampton and achieved something special, but we're both thoroughly looking forward to the new challenge. It's Rickie's boyhood club and a club I can't wait to be a part of.

Tell us what the thought process is when you find out that Liverpool Football Club are interested in you...

To start off with...if it's true! There had been a lot of toing and froing and it had been a little bit longer than I'd anticipated, but it's something I'm not quite used to. I'm grateful that Southampton accepted the offer in the end and granted my wish to play at such a fantastic football club, in Champions League football and competing for Premier League titles. I'll probably get back started in pre-season within three weeks. I'll have time to chill out with my family, go on holiday and take a break from it for a week or so. Then I'll come back fully focused on the job in hand.

Who was the first person you spoke to about this move?

Probably my dad, my family and my wife. A lot of my close friends are Southampton fans, but they understand. They understand this is an opportunity that you just can't turn down. At the age I'm at, 26 now, it's just the right step. I'm sure most people will understand my decision.

You've had quite a rise in quite a short space of time - you're now a Liverpool player, you're an England international. Does it seem surreal? Does it sink in, how far you've come?

It doesn't yet. To think, five or six years ago, I was playing in League One. But it's a reality that we've climbed up the leagues and done so well. I'd like to think I'm here on merit, I think I've earned it. I just can't wait to keep improving, playing with world-class players and a lot of England teammates as well, which I'm also looking forward to so much. It's going to be a great new chapter in my life.

Do your ambitions as a player change now that you're at a club like this?

They have to - it's a huge club that wants to win titles again and compete in the Champions League. There are different targets to what a club like Southampton has, but I'm just going to be pushing to do the best I can.

What has the manager, Brendan Rodgers, said to you about how he sees you fitting into his Liverpool?

I can't say I've had that chat in detail yet. But from what I have spoken to him, he seems like a top manager. Everyone compliments him massively and gives him great references. All of the lads at England said that if I did get the chance to work with him then it would help my career in huge ways. So I can't wait to get started working with him.

How do you think your style and your game will complement what he already has here at Liverpool?

I hope it compliments and I can bring something different to the team. People have said to me that there are similarities in the way Southampton and Liverpool play their football, and I hope that enables me to settle that much easier. I just can't wait to start playing with the world-class players that are here - I'm only going to learn and get better.

Having watched Liverpool from afar and seeing the success Liverpool had last season, how much does that excite you to be part of it going forward?

Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started.

You were part of one of the few sides to take points from Liverpool at Anfield. What was that experience like?

It was a great afternoon. Southampton weren't expected to get anything from the game. I remember the game quite well; we won 1-0 and a few fans clapped us off the pitch. It shows what respectful fans Liverpool are and how great the fans are. To be playing for Liverpool now, with them behind me, is another reason why I can't wait to get started.

This is a great moment for you, signing for this football club, but we know it has been a difficult few weeks with England in the World Cup. How do you overcome a disappointment like that to ensure you start your Liverpool career well?

Just keep working even harder. We did suffer disappointment; not just myself, all of the lads are disappointed, the whole country is disappointed. We need to rest now for a couple of weeks, recharge the batteries and then get back to doing what we love, that's playing football. Hopefully we'll have learned a lot from the experience and take what positives we can into the European Championship campaign.

Do you become stronger mentally from experiencing something like that?

Without a shadow of a doubt. I think you can only become stronger mentally. It's a long way from home, in different conditions and a lot of people's first major tournament. So it is good experience. We just have to learn quickly and hopefully improve and get better results next time.

You mentioned spending plenty of time with your new Liverpool teammates while you were over in Brazil. Did you ask them questions about this football club and what it's like to be here?

I did and they were on to me about when it was getting sorted. I was running out of answers in the end because I thought the more I say 'soon' the longer it would take. During the World Cup I was fully focused on just playing for England, but I was eager for it to get sorted once I knew I was coming home. Just so I can switch off and rest and recover for a couple of weeks before we start pre-season.

How much can you still learn from someone like Steven Gerrard? You've had opportunities to spend time with him at international level, but here with your football club now, how much can you still learn from someone like him?

There's no limit to what I can learn playing with him. I grew up watching him. My best mates, he's their legend. For me to be playing alongside him, not just at England but at club level, is quite surreal really. They're always asking me what he's like. He's got that aura around him. But I need to quickly get used to it because I'll be playing with him week in, week out.

You'll make him feel old saying you grew up watching him...

Well, I did, it's just the fact and reality. He's still such a good player and he can go on to play for numerous more years with the quality he possesses.

Your first official game for Liverpool could be against your former club Southampton. What do you anticipate that feeling will be like?

It would have been worse if it was at St Mary's, I'm glad it's at Anfield. But to be lining up against my teammates from last year just had to happen. It's fate. Rickie and I spoke about it, and he said he could have bet his mortgage on it, he knew it was going to happen.

You've experienced Anfield as an opposition player. What will that feeling be like to run out with the home support behind you?

I can't wait to experience it. Everyone says it has got a unique atmosphere; it's a unique ground with a lot of history. I just can't wait to get on the pitch with the fans behind me, rather than just the away fans.

Finally, what is your message to those Liverpool supporters?

Hopefully I can settle in quickly, and I will give it my best throughout the whole time I'm here. I hope I can add something to the team and hopefully we can win trophies while I'm here, because that's why I'm here - for success.

Are there any actual FACTS that have resulted in such a wide spread venomous attitude towards Lallana, as opposed to media driven rubbish. I think he served his time with us and appreciate all he gave to the club.. wish him well and hope he gets more starts for England going forwards.

Are there any actual FACTS that have resulted in such a wide spread venomous attitude towards Lallana, as opposed to media driven rubbish. I think he served his time with us and appreciate all he gave to the club.. wish him well and hope he gets more starts for England going forwards.

Facts? other than the stuff that came from his own mouth, you mean?

What is apparent about Adam is that his character is on a par with his talent. We have seen, over the past two seasons in the Barclays Premier League, he has a tactical awareness to adapt to what is required of him and to put the team above his personal ambitions.

O RLY!

Although I think the manner of his departure to be ungracious and rather foolish; surely he must have some gratitude to the club that nurtured him from a league one player to an international.

I think that all of us would or should have done the same in his place.

The only time I showed any loyalty to an employer in my working life I was well and truly shafted a year later. So lesson one in life-look after family and self first and foremost.

Lallana's main loyalty must be to himself and his family; and a footballer's career is short and he hasn't had any mega pay deals yet. he has four to five years left at his prime and he must ensure that in that time he earns enough to set himself and his family up for life. Also if he continues to improve at Liverpool he may be able to play for a top European team, and it should surely be an ambition of intelligent and talented players to play in the Spanish or Italian leagues before retirement.

Personally I say good luck to him , he's given Saints a lot of good service, but for goodness sake show some gratitude to the club and fans.

How about all the club gave him? Taking him from Bournemouth and bringing him through one of the best acadamies in the country, standing by him with his heart problems, putting faith him all these years even when he wasn't playing well, helping him get in to the England squad, paying him a decent wedge to play football. It wasn't like teams where battering down the door to sign him like they did with Bale or Walcott.

This quote is fact and makes him look like a right tosser, the OS statement also tells you all you need to know about the clubs opinion of him

Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started.

They only had league to deal with last season, the other teams had league and CL. I think they will struggle with both and will not be in the top 4. Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and City will fill the top four spots. Also Pool leaked goals, see no reason why that wont happen again. I would go so far as saying out of Europe and a new manager by Christmas.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/01072014-adam-lallana-joins-liverpool-1708952.aspx

Jeez, short, sharp, to the point. He has not made any fans, it seems.

hahahaha that is gangsta, don't get mad get even, reckon we are gonna make liverpool look stupid for paying that fee by getting some awesome players in now and we can challenge them for 6th-7th spot.

How about all the club gave him? Taking him from Bournemouth and bringing him through one of the best acadamies in the country, standing by him with his heart problems, putting faith him all these years even when he wasn't playing well, helping him get in to the England squad, paying him a decent wedge to play football. It wasn't like teams where battering down the door to sign him like they did with Bale or Walcott.

This quote is fact and makes him look like a right tosser, the OS statement also tells you all you need to know about the clubs opinion of him

Not unlike Shaw who has come through the academy and left without giving F all back... he just didn't say what he thought.

I have far more appreciation of Lallana than the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Shaw.

Not unlike Shaw who has come through the academy and left without giving F all back... he just didn't say what he thought.

I have far more appreciation of Lallana than the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Shaw.

I have a lot of sympathy with that viewpoint. AL might well have acted like an utter c**t but he's been with us on the downs and the ups and put in the hard miles.

Shaw f**ked off as soon as soon as he could.

Interesting what he said......two (selective) quotes

AL on who he told first..."A lot of my close friends are Southampton fans, but they understand."

AL on Gerrard..."My best mates, he's their legend."

Now I may be an uber-fan of Saints, or just a normal one, but I am not sure how many Southampton fans see Gerrard as their legend. If I had to have a guess, most would probably plump for Le Tiss or failing that, someone else who played for Southampton. I guess that I could be getting the wrong end of the stick and that these close friends are not his best mates.

Edited by angelman
spelling

Although I think the manner of his departure to be ungracious and rather foolish; surely he must have some gratitude to the club that nurtured him from a league one player to an international.

I think that all of us would or should have done the same in his place.

The only time I showed any loyalty to an employer in my working life I was well and truly shafted a year later. So lesson one in life-look after family and self first and foremost.

Lallana's main loyalty must be to himself and his family; and a footballer's career is short and he hasn't had any mega pay deals yet. he has four to five years left at his prime and he must ensure that in that time he earns enough to set himself and his family up for life. Also if he continues to improve at Liverpool he may be able to play for a top European team, and it should surely be an ambition of intelligent and talented players to play in the Spanish or Italian leagues before retirement.

Personally I say good luck to him , he's given Saints a lot of good service, but for goodness sake show some gratitude to the club and fans.

Anyone should be able to live the rest of their lives in utter luxury on the money he was on at Saints, even if he retired at the end of his existing contract. This guff about having to make as much as possible due to the short length of the career of a football player doesn't wash. He of course wants to earn as much as possible, but lets face it, he wouldn't be struggling if he stayed here. So that's the bottom line, desire to earn more cash, not need.

He may have played for Saints for a while, but he has most certainly gained a lot more from Saints than vice versa. The gratitude he is owed depends on that which he gives. None.

I may be proven wrong, but i just don't see him playing a major role there, so if he is going for success then I hope he's happy with a John Terry role in the pictures.

Can't stand the short playing career excuse. Are they not able to start another career after they hang their boots up? Tough shït if they can't get another job at £100k+ a week. If they do, then maybe they should sit their city exams and go and work for a hedge fund.

I was at the Nou Camp when Figo made his first return with Real Madrid. I have never heard a reception like it- the whistling and booing was deafening even high up in the stands (this was the season before the infamous pig's head was thrown at him I believe). The Barcelona fans had various Judas banners but the best was the simple "We hate you so much because we loved you so much."

Seems about right for the mood on here. Yes AL's PR and statements are appalling but for me, when playing in the Saints shirt, he gave his all and I won't forget that. He will be next season's pantomime villain at St Mary's though without a doubt (Poch will be sacked before Spurs visit us of course).

Can't stand the short playing career excuse. Are they not able to start another career after they hang their boots up?

An awful lot of players find it difficult because they've left school at 16 to pursue football so don't have the skills or education to walk into a good career elsewhere. This plus the psychological effects which give all too many players depression etc.

It's not just about money, either. At Adam's age, one season of injury or poor form at Southampton could mean he'll never get the chance to play in the Champions League or compete for titles. You've got to take the opportunity when it's there. Shaw, on the other hand, could have stayed for another one, two, three years and still walked into a top club.

I was at the Nou Camp when Figo made his first return with Real Madrid. I have never heard a reception like it- the whistling and booing was deafening even high up in the stands (this was the season before the infamous pig's head was thrown at him I believe). The Barcelona fans had various Judas banners but the best was the simple "We hate you so much because we loved you so much."

Seems about right for the mood on here. Yes AL's PR and statements are appalling but for me, when playing in the Saints shirt, he gave his all and I won't forget that. He will be next season's pantomime villain at St Mary's though without a doubt (Poch will be sacked before Spurs visit us of course).

Haha, I wouldn't expect anything like that level of abuse. Maybe if Adam had gone to Portsmouth.

They only had league to deal with last season, the other teams had league and CL. I think they will struggle with both and will not be in the top 4. Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and City will fill the top four spots. Also Pool leaked goals, see no reason why that wont happen again. I would go so far as saying out of Europe and a new manager by Christmas.

I think this is mostly true, except for I think Brendon Rogers is a class manager and they're unlikely to turf him anytime soon.

Pool have plenty of time to get some defensive reinforcements but the added pressures of CL will surely be a problem.

Ok he has finally gone and he has handled it badly with his various comments. He may find that the scousers are not as tolerant as SFC after shelling out £25m and a shedload of wages to him and he may be spending some time on the bench which he is not used to. I am grateful for the time he has been here and his major contribution to our promotions but he has made his decision and now he can p**s off

Alot of my close friends are Southampton fans, but they understand. They understand this is an opportunity that you just can't turn down.

Sorry AL. There were a few of us who did understand your desire to play in CL

But I think even your close saints fans will now be angry with you if what Alec crook is saying

You just don't refuse to play for a club and treat us saints fans with disrespect .

You made your bed now go and lie in it .

You gave me a fair few happy memories when you played for saints . But these have now disappeared given the way you have engineered your move by refusing to play for us ever again

I hope you will be happy with the other money grabbing prima donna's at scouseville .

I guess you might get a few games in the first team now muster denture is on his way to Barca or real

The other reason apart from the one the media moan about for the poor level of the England team and player base is that we have stopped raising mature, level-headed players to develop egotistical, self-indulgent, headline-chasing idiots who think they are the best for doing absolutely arse all.