Lallana completes move to LFC for a fee of around £25m

Saint-Armstrong

Southampton Football Club can confirm that Adam Lallana has completed his transfer to Liverpool.

The fee received from Liverpool, although undisclosed, will allow the club to further develop the first-team squad for the 2014/2015 season.

that is it. Nothing more.

That. It. It?

Feck me, he's peed off the Club royally.

IF he scores vs Saints coming season - you think he will kiss the LFC badge as well......

Based on how he's acted, he'll probably celebrate right in front of us. Seems like a different person than the one I thought he was after all this.

''You've changed'' etc.

Do I not like this:

AL: “Last season, deep down, I was thinking: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream is reality now.” #LallanaLFC

His best ever season was last season. Playing for a move apparently. Thanks for all mediocre seasons when you were playing for Saints AL.

Interesting....

MP leaves, and the club statement doesn't thank him for his services.

SRL leaves and there is a eulogy

LS leaves and the statement crows how well we did to get a world record price for a teenager

AL leaves and there is the briefest statement.

S-Clarke

He has not only P***** the club officials he also angered thousands of us saints fans

I got the distinct impression watching the awards that he came across as disinterested, I know he on the cafe of it he is a quite lad,

but he should have tried to show more enthusiasm at the awards ceremony , but then he probably felt guilty knowing he was moving to the scousers

I cannot bring myself to wish him welll, but equally I will not wish him bad luck

Im just sad

I'm most interested to hear why exactly the club are acting in such an emotional way over Lallana's departure. Dare I say that the statement is as bad an example of PR as Lallana's quotes? Well, perhaps not as bad, but certainly not the professionalism I would expect from the club. Lallana must have really stirred something up.

EDIT: So, if what AGC says is true, then Lallana effectively forced a move in an extremely disrespectful way. There must have been more, though?

Edited by ratio_decidendi

I'm most interested to hear why exactly the club are acting in such an emotional way over Lallana's departure. Dare I say that the statement is as bad an example of PR as Lallana's quotes? Well, perhaps not as bad, but certainly not the professionalism I would expect from the club. Lallana must have really stirred something up.

Said he'd never play for the club again if they didn't allow it to go through, apparently.

I reckon we've been forced into accepting a lower fee than we wanted.

April 2013, having been made captain the previous season, signs a five year deal, and to quote; "If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22112980

Later that same season, regarding Liverpool; "Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165547-adam-lallana-the-first-lfc-interview

What a bellend.

I feel disappointment in the way he has handled the whole engineering of the move, but still pleased to have seen his talent over the last few years so he goes with a sign of what might have been, rather than a feeling of hate for me.

I'm sure I've read a quote from when MLT retired, he was asked who he thought fans should look out for, as a player in his mound and he picked out Adam, so to me the line of magicians with a ball at their feet in our club has died somewhat today.

But you never know, maybe there's a scholar in the academy who will have benefited from watching AL over the last few years who will come through and shine.

I can't help who I support, and that's Southampton Football Club, not an individual player. Next......

ratio

This is not the clubs doing. Im sure the club did everything they could to keep him

but if what crook is saying is true, then Im not suprised at their mute response

I suspect it wasnt an amicable separation. AL appears to have thrown his toys out of the pram to get his precious move.

Hes gone now , time to move on , but his behaviour if true does leave a nasty taste in ones mouth

Said he'd never play for the club again if they didn't allow it to go through, apparently.

I reckon we've been forced into accepting a lower fee than we wanted.

The undisclosed fee would certainly indicate that as would Lallana's quotes: "I'm grateful that Southampton accepted the offer in the end"

April 2013, having been made captain the previous season, signs a five year deal, and to quote; "If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

Later that same season, regarding Liverpool; "Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165547-adam-lallana-the-first-lfc-interview

What a bellend.

That sums it up for me. And if he did force out by saying he wouldn't play again then wow. Felt embarrassed by the Clattenburg b.s. at the time, even more so now :lol: :mcinnes:

This is also why Lambert is still one of my favourite ever footballers, because people like him are rare in the PL these days.

The undisclosed fee would certainly indicate that as would Lallana's quotes: "I'm grateful that Southampton accepted the offer in the end"

I reckon we're probably only going to net around £14-15m from this.

6.2m ish to Bournemouth, and probably about £5m in performance related add-ons.

Such a pity.

14 years of his life and then to say he will never play for us again, that the pleasantries he said were nothing but a facade.

Class costs nothing, all the money in the world will not allow him that.

Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook · 12m

Have filed my copy now so can reveal Adam Lallana told #saintsfc he would never play for them again prior to his move to #LFC

That sounds suspiciously like going on strike, the most reprehensible action available for millionaire footballers who decide they do not wish to honour their contracts.

Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook · 12m

Have filed my copy now so can reveal Adam Lallana told #saintsfc he would never play for them again prior to his move to #LFC

So you might surmise that something was seriously amiss to make him decide on that course of action. To me the queue to leave indicates something nasty in the woodshed,

then again it's just me.

Tos5er, left the club with zero respect, and I hope he gets zero respect from st Mary's on his return.. As for the state of the club, **** me I hope they pull something out the bag in regards to signings

Right, well I take back my warm wishes from elsewhere on the board. Mark Clattenberg may well have had a point then eh?

Utter toss pot - keep you feelings about playing for other teams to yourself - absolutely no class or more importantly respect for all that has been done for him to date.

If you compare that with the letter to the fans and club from Rickie, well , its just worlds apart.

I will applaud Rickie back any day of the week - I shall keep my hands in my pockets for AL , it could all have been done so much better with so much more respect

:mcinnes:

What a bellend.

Nothing surprising in there; it's all cliche stuff. Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up.

Most surprising thing in the whole interview was that Rickie Lambert has a mortgage....

Is that it on the OS? They obviously aren't happy with the way he has conducted himself and rightly so. His comments and attitude have been disgraceful.It seems that our players getting international recognition has been the worst thing to happen to us. Too many players' heads turned by Stevie G and the other bell ends in the squad.

" I've been granted my wish ...... "

If you're transferred, you get that anyway

I wonder if he had to agree "Special" terms in order for Liverpool to agreeto him being signed

The delay was for some reason don't you think ??

From what I can muster, the delay was with us not being happy with the deal. It might sound a lot, but Bournemouth will get around 6.5m of that, and I can guarantee that another £3-5m or so will be based on non-guaranteed add-ons. So potentially, we may only net 14m from this.

The stories were always that we wanted to ensure we made a net of £20m on any deal - so clubs would need to be bidding upwards of £30m for him. It seems as if the club have stuck their feet in the ground hoping for more, Liverpool clearly weren't going to pay more, Lallana really wanted the move so threw everything out of the pram and effectivley went on strike - which kind of forced the club to accept the best of a bad bunch of Liverpool offers.

That's my take on it.