Lallana completes move to LFC for a fee of around £25m

Saint-Armstrong

Goatboy you can slag me off in a minute for coming back I wont be long,just popped in to say talk of AL striking is utter ******** and a lot of other crap that is being chucked about is way of the mark,i think people need to have a good hard look at those in the higher ranks in SFC.The dream died when NC and MP Left unfortunately.Farewell for the second time
I agree the dream died when those 2 left, many won't agree though. AL just didn't do it the right way and so is the point of our anger

Goatboy you can slag me off in a minute for coming back I wont be long,just popped in to say talk of AL striking is utter ******** and a lot of other crap that is being chucked about is way of the mark,i think people need to have a good hard look at those in the higher ranks in SFC.The dream died when NC and MP Left unfortunately.Farewell for the second time

Absolute rubbish! Bye Adam.

Farewell for the 2nd time? More like the tenth time. What dream has died?

Cheers for all your info over the last few years. Looking at your last post though, ''2, maybe 3 important players will leave''.. Well, 3 have gone. Time to shut the door then! Would be happy if we stopped at that...

or in time the penny will drop and fans will realise that RL has played a part like Gerrard in persuading AL and you never know Lovren away. I accept him leaving to go back to Liverpool but I do not feel happy if he has also kicked us by encouraging others to join him.

If if if - you start your post as it's fact then end with an if - which is it fact or an opinion you happen to have?

The Liverpool fan makes some valid comments . But Al did not give us 14 years loyal service etc . He was on our book for 12 years .

He was still at school etc and I don't recall him playing as a 12 , 13 14 , 15 et.

So can we stop this 14 years loyal service nonsense

He has behaved like a petulant child.

The "dream" you refer to was no more than that - pie in the sky that only a fool would believe.

Have fun on the Liverpool forums.

£60m buys a lot of replacements. Never was a dream just a continuous improvement. A left back an ageing striker and an occasional goalscorer no matter how pretty to watch can be replaced and the squad beefed up. Whose to say we won't be better than last year.

Players come, players go, the club remains.

£50M should buy us decent replacements and some.

Best of luck to Luke and Adam, a pay increase and champs league is a big incentive.

The club have been given the cash to significantly strengthen, lets hope they do.

I don't doubt that there is a lot of crap being thrown from both sides. But what I think is complete and utter bullshït is this continuing "the dream died" from so many people and not just AL. I am sorry to say, that as a supporter I too dreamed. The personnel have changed and I still have a similar dream with a few adjustments, but still the same goal, still ultimately the same dream. It's always about the players though, isn't it? **** the supporters. **** their dreams. Their dreams don't count for anything. Sure, while it's not our job and livelihood (so no begrudging moving onwards and upwards to earn even more money even though a contract was recently signed), using "the dream died" is nothing short of a spurious and a disingenuous excuse.

Also, players saying the dream died because the chairman left is very strange. NC must have been the only chairman in PL history to have such sway over the players. Are we really expected to believe that professional football players took the dreams and aspirations of a banker playing with someone else's money and made their career choices on that? Pull the other one. MP, well at least he was on the ground with the players and had day to day contact with him, but he was a brief part of Saints history. In AL's case 12.5 years is unimportant compared to the 1.5 that MP was here - is that what you are saying? But back to the dream - tell me, did AL have a chat with Koeman to see what the "new" dream was? No of course he didn't because by his very own admission, he saw Liverpool playing in March or even earlier, and wanted to be part of that.

EDIt - I commend you loyalty to him, and personally, while things haven't worked out great, I bear him no ill. Just hope that he does find that the grass is greener up at Anfield.

Edited by angelman

Blakey, I have many things in my life to worry about, and this isn't one of them, so I like to think that I can take a (emotionally) detached view of things, especially now that the initial annoyance has passed. I ask myself what the intentions behind the advert were. I find no malice, arrogance or anything else bad, so whether I find it ill advised and badly written or not, the intention is the most important thing.

Blakey, I have many things in my life to worry about, and this isn't one of them, so I like to think that I can take a (emotionally) detached view of things, especially now that the initial annoyance has passed. I ask myself what the intentions behind the advert were. I find no malice, arrogance or anything else bad, so whether I find it ill advised and badly written or not, the intention is the most important thing.

I think all of us have many things to worry about in life that dwarf football in terms of importance, I don't worry about what Mr. Lallana decides to do in his spare time, fair enough he's moved to Liverpool for CL football, I understand that, but there really was no need to be a c^nt about it, if he'd just been a bit more patient and had a bit more decorum then the Saints fans would of begrudgingly said goodbye like they did with Sir Rickie, but he didn't.

My main point was that there were many defending him yesterday on here, saying his 'amazing echo article' would change all our minds etc. and in the end it really amounted to not much really in my mind, good riddens anyway, onwards and upwards!

Have been fed up with this forum and some of the mindless posters for a while now. Thank God it does not represent life. For me, I see no reason to post any more.

Very sorry to hear that, Weston, as I have always looked out for your measured, knowledgeable and considered posts. Any hope of a rethink?

Liverpool supporter here in peace.

I've been reading this forum since the Lallana rumours surfaced.

I actually do understand your anger towards him in the way he went. I said I understand it not that I agree with it for reasons I'll explain. But firstly yes I understand your anger. I went through with the Gerrard to Chelsea rumours in 04 and 05 and whilst he never left, the gut wrenching feeling I had at that time, I suppose is similar to how you feel now. Also when Torres left us I had that same feeling. True he never came through our system but the feeling I believe is similar.

So I do understand your anger as to how he left and the way he left.

But it is a two way street.

If the stories are true that your board were ignoring his calls and other forms of contact over the situation, then I'm not surprised that he got a bit ****ed and was blunt about not playing another game for you. Albeit that wouldn't be the road I'd have gone in, in that situation, if I was mucked around like that I could well feel aggrieved by it.

I DO agree some of his words in his first interview with LFC TV were a bit disrespectful. Especially about wanting to play for us during our run in whilst still your captain. For me that was disrespectful.

However on the other hand Lallana has given you 14 years of good service and 14 years of commitment and you will get £20m.

Suarez will do the same to us but I won't be biter (pun intended ;) ) as he has given me some fantastic memories that will live with me forever and on the pitch has always given everything, so i don't begrudge him a move. So long as we get a respectful offer I will respect Suarez's decision.

I have come onto this forum not for a slanging match or a shouting exchange and whilst I'll probably get abuse no doubt, I just wanted to post this message.

Oh and yes I am extremely delighted to have signed Lallana by the way!

I need some new hubcaps got any?

If if if - you start your post as it's fact then end with an if - which is it fact or an opinion you happen to have?
both IMO but. I respect others may have a different view.AL had said RL had spoken to him about the move, I have not seen any quotes re Lovren and so cannot say that is fact but I believe it would be the case if Liverpool are after him

Vman and Weston head off to cop talk to be itk/lallana leaks. Saints web sorry to see you go but we support the club not the poster and will move on.

kop talk tokyos, cop talk is forum for discussing bout trying to catch smokers in airport toilets

I actually do understand your anger towards him in the way he went. I said I understand it not that I agree with it for reasons I'll explain. But firstly yes I understand your anger. I went through with the Gerrard to Chelsea rumours in 04 and 05 and whilst he never left, the gut wrenching feeling I had at that time, I suppose is similar to how you feel now. Also when Torres left us I had that same feeling. True he never came through our system but the feeling I believe is similar.

If the stories are true that your board were ignoring his calls and other forms of contact over the situation, then I'm not surprised that he got a bit ****ed and was blunt about not playing another game for you. Albeit that wouldn't be the road I'd have gone in, in that situation, if I was mucked around like that I could well feel aggrieved by it.

I DO agree some of his words in his first interview with LFC TV were a bit disrespectful. Especially about wanting to play for us during our run in whilst still your captain. For me that was disrespectful.

However on the other hand Lallana has given you 14 years of good service and 14 years of commitment and you will get £20m.

Suarez will do the same to us but I won't be biter (pun intended ;) ) as he has given me some fantastic memories that will live with me forever and on the pitch has always given everything, so i don't begrudge him a move. So long as we get a respectful offer I will respect Suarez's decision.

I have come onto this forum not for a slanging match or a shouting exchange and whilst I'll probably get abuse no doubt, I just wanted to post this message.

No abuse given so far...disappointed?

After consideration, I think the website lallanaleaks might have legs. Like wikileaks but the focus is on the serious problems and issues facing today's young millionaires. Like how difficult it is to sell a house with a basketball court in the new forest or how is best to moan to Adam Blackmore when no adults will take you whinging unofficial transfer requests on a Sunday. Let's do this boys. Weston, Vman, you have a PM.

Although I'm disappointed to lose the talent, I can understand why he took the opportunity and realise that EVERY club is a selling club - it's just a matter of the price and I feel we got a fair price. However, based on what I have read,I do think he has acted like a primadonna over the whole affair.

So what if the board were ignoring his calls? It was the close season and it was made clear they didn't want to do any business until after the world cup. The board are just as entitled to some "down" time as the players are. It's not as if it was going to make the slightest bit of difference in the long run.

I can understand why he wants to ingratiate himself with the Liverpool supporters, but - as you have already said - he has done it in a disrespectful manner. The ridiculous full page advert in the Echo just made the matter worse. A 2 or 3 line statement plus a big picture of himself. We already knew what he looked like! What we would have liked would have been a denial of some of the more extreme accusations that were made against him, and a genuine (or at least genuine-sounding) statement in the same manner that Rickie Lambert did.

Lallana will be found out fairly quickly. He really has had only one good year with us. It wasn't long ago that most posters complained bitterly about his performances.

He'll be a bench warmer half way through the season, getting the odd 15 minutes here and there, and this site will be counting its blessings and that 15 million or so pounds netted.

Lallana will be found out fairly quickly. He really has had only one good year with us. It wasn't long ago that most posters complained bitterly about his performances.

He'll be a bench warmer half way through the season, getting the odd 15 minutes here and there, and this site will be counting its blessings and that 15 million or so pounds netted.

I tend to agree... he was a bit average in 2012/13 and like a new recruit in 2013/14. He was very good the past season. so one good season....... Good luck to him but I think it was a good bit of Business by Saints and very much a risk for Liverpool.

He is class, we know that. Lets not do the usual SWF and downgrade someone just because they have left.

Poch was brilliant, Shaw phenomenal and Lallana is a class act.

We will miss all three, plus Lambert who did more on the pitch than anyone to get us back to the PL.

Pointless suggesting otherwise.

He is class, we know that. Lets not do the usual SWF and downgrade someone just because they have left.

We will miss all three, plus Lambert who did more on the pitch than anyone to get us back to the PL.

i tend to agree with this. it seems as soon as someone that leaves saints they suddenly become average at best. im sure ir ead somewhere om here today tHat poch was a cancer in the club and had to be removed. quite ridiculous

I think we can all agree on one thing, in light of what has happened, Adam lacks class.........

Farewell to you VMAN and thanks for the info, not that most will take heed of it though.

Yes farewell, someone who genuinely knows what happened and is saying the same as me , sadly that doesn't fit their agendas...proje t died as soon as nc left, how long have I been saying this... Good luck Adam, finally at a club who can match your ambitions

Yes farewell, someone who genuinely knows what happened and is saying the same as me , sadly that doesn't fit their agendas...proje t died as soon as nc left, how long have I been saying this... Good luck Adam, finally at a club who can match your ambitions

Are you having a breakdown?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Laughable.

He could well be a new Stuart Downing; time will tell. He never set the 1st division alight, was good in The Championship and average in his first year in the Premiership. He was great last season though. He needs to stay fit as well, which he has found hard in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's amusing. we should have a good hard look at someone else, based on what, and to what end? unless someone wronged speaks out in unequivocal terms there is nothing to examine.

I'd assumed (based on open speculation here) until now that thevman was a friend of adam. I'm considering now that he might be a silly boy and seeking gainful employment.

Brighton are hiring.

Very sceptical of this.

I don't know whether Lallana went on strike, but its clear he acted with little respect for the club and fans his advertising agency hold dear.

Players leave clubs all the time, particularly to join a CL side. Everyone knows that just about any player, in any team outside top 4 would join them given the chance. Lambert is a good example.

What Lallana did was advertise it. He signs a contract, next season decides destined for greater things, suddenly his arrogant talk about deciding his future / if he wants to stay etc starts. Maybe would have had better world cup if he wasn't do busy signing Liverpool shirts and talking all things scouse with Stevie G. The public information fits with a Lallana toddler tantrum but who knows.

His interview was totally classless, followed by the arrogant paying for his PIC in paper.

People talk about players wanting trophies to look at when they retire. His chances have improved. But heard a ex-pro on radio saying one of most important things ex players want, is to still be idolised somewhere. Adam may finish without medals or affection.

He didn't leave because of NC or MP going he left for huge signing on fee/wages and publicity of CL.

Bye.

My sources are saying the same. There are some at the top of the club who are, shall I say, "economical with the truth" Be careful who you believe.

That said Adam Lallana was badly advised over his comments when he joined Liverpool. The Echo piece cost him £4,000 to try to correct. He really has an affinity with Southampton.

He would never refuse to play for Southampton. Do not believe the press comments.

My sources are saying the same. There are some at the top of the club who are, shall I say, "economical with the truth" Be careful who you believe.

That said Adam Lallana was badly advised over his comments when he joined Liverpool. The Echo piece cost him £4,000 to try to correct. He really has an affinity with Southampton.

He would never refuse to play for Southampton. Do not believe the press comments.

Your sources are most likely the same as Weston's and the Vman...........the piece in the Echo, the Liverpool interview, the leaked stuff to Adam Blackmore, the signing of a Liverpool shirt and Guan's info (which he admitted had to be taken as the clubs side of the story) are enough to have soured Adams affinity with Southampton for me. Compare it with the way Lambert handled his move, polar opposites, I think it's clear that most saints fans feel the same.

So what has happened? Where is your expose you promised? With every post like this you look an even bigger sulking Bellend.

Look Lallana has been a great player for us over the past 5 years or so. In that time he stuck by us in the bad times when surely he could have left. There has obviously been things going on in the back ground and circumstances have changed. At the same time he has started to see massive opportunities around him to secure his familys future.

Yes, he has not handled his exit well, and for us that is annoying but he was one of ours for in football terms, long enough.

I think its time to give him a break, it is what it is, hes gone, he mishandled it but come on, its now time to move on.

I just wanted to say also that it is a shame that the VMAN feels antagonistic [is that the right word?] to this site. He along with maybe half a dozen others brought some real inside news, which lets face it we all come on here to look for. I was surprised at his negative view of senior management . I am thinking he was alluding to Les Reed? It seems there are a whole load of misunderstandings and personal agendas going on inside SFC. at the moment. What ever is going on I hope it can be seen by KL and it gets sorted.

Words and actions of the new board have not been aligned for some time now yet alot of what they say and do is lapped up.