We should never sell players without first signing quality replacements.

eelpie

Exactly. How does anyone know who has or hasn't been lined up. So many "experts" on here who think they know the inner workings of everything and can do a better job than the board.

Guan knows, and has said as much to be honest. Stop worrying and enjoy what happens.

We have a good manager, money behind us, the remaining players are solid, the replacements will be good and we will be able to strengthen the squad over all.

I'm also strangely excited by the new kit :lol::mcinnes::blush:

There are many things one shoulddo" but they aren't always the same as those which one is able to do.

As Harold MacMillan once said "Events dearboy, events."

When after a very successful season the club was faced with the manager departing for a "definitely second tier Prem Club", and an outflow of players identified by very wealthy clubs in Europe then one deals with it as best as one is able.

In my (not very humble) opinion so far things seem to be going better than I had anticipated: a quality manager appointed, interesting appointments to the management team, rumours (hopefully reliable) of interesting replacements , and possibly the best part of £100million to spend on replacements, I am now optimistic.

If anyone had given us Koeman and £100mill in the past we'd have been ecstatic and optimistic about the future.

There is an opportunity for Les/The Board to show a bit of mettle. Both Schneiderlin and Lovren are on contracts and don't have to be sold - yet. We are witnessing how long it is taking to find and sign suitable replacements for Rickie, Shaw and Lallana. And it is going to get more difficult the closer we get to kick off. We are not in a buyer's market and won't be able to offer peanuts for the best.

The best answer in a bad situation is to continue the quest to seek, negotiate and sign suitable replacements, which of course we are doing.

And so what if the two players threaten to go on strike? Well, let them. They will not get paid, and they should not be allowed into club premises while they rebel. Let them wait until we have signed the players we want and are ready to sell.

It is our call.

It's a balancing act. If the player does not want to be in the team he's no use to the manager. If he doesn't play his value goes down so the club loses out. Get rid of players who don't want to be here at the highest price. Like now.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2