Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Moreover, which proven Premier League managers would be available that have a similar history of success in the game than Koeman?

I didn't say it's a poor appointment, I'm ok with him being in charge but as with most people I'd rather have kept Pochettino which would suggest Koeman's a downgrade.

At least Man Utd went for a "sure thing" by appointing a "proven premiership quality" manager last year....

There's no gaurantees when appointing a manager. The nearest you can get to a guarantee is appointing a manager that had success with a similar stature club with similar type of players in the same league and even then it can become a gigantic failure.

Koeman has had success at 3 different dutch clubs and at all three has used their youth teams very well. He's not been as successful at Benfica and Valencia but did manage to win a cup in Valencia in a difficult situation (transition period for the club, he benched some of their stars from the CL finals they played for younger players).

I was a seasonticket holder at Ajax when Koeman was manager there and even though he has his faults he's a good coach and I'm more then happy he is at Southampton now.

valbuena would be good

but we wont be getting players like that, i doubt

He's tiny though. Far too lightweight for the Prem even if he is quick - he'd be knocked off the ball in seconds. Still, £8m is a tempting price for one of the best performers in the French WC team...

I didn't say it's a poor appointment, I'm ok with him being in charge but as with most people I'd rather have kept Pochettino which would suggest Koeman's a downgrade.

Although I am sure there are people who do think that, I haven't seen that opinion expressed even once before you just mentioned it! I myself feel much more comfortable with Koeman at the helm that Pochettino.

When we appointed him, some Spurs fans on Twitter and on their forum were asking if it was too late to swap as we had the better new manager. Does that suggest a downgrade, too?

....To allow the team to be absolutely torn apart in the way that is has is spectacularly bad management. .....

But Saints didn't put the players out for sale, those leaving and who have already left have chosen to go and they wanted to leave to cash-in on their new found fame and because they believe they are too good for Saints.

So other than likely pay beyond our means and increase their salaries here, we got the best price we could for them.

That's not spectacularly bad management, that's spectacularly self-centred players.

When Adkins was sacked, if you'd been offered a choice of Koeman or Poch, who would you have picked?

But Saints didn't put the players out for sale, those leaving and who have already left have chosen to go and they wanted to leave to cash-in on their new found fame and because they believe they are too good for Saints.

So other than likely pay beyond our means and increase their salaries here, we got the best price we could for them.

That's not spectacularly bad management, that's spectacularly self-centred players.

Those players are leaving because of the change of direction that the club is taking. Whilst the players are acting irresponsibly, it's because they're consciously going out of their way to spite the club because they're ****ed of with the change of plans imo. I think we'd have had maybe one or two max leaving if Cortese was still here but certainly not the borderline mutiny that the club seems to have on its hands. It's not just that players are interested in leaving, they appear to have a genuine ill will towards the people running the club now.

Those players are leaving because of the change of direction that the club is taking. Whilst the players are acting irresponsibly, it's because they're consciously going out of their way to spite the club because they're ****ed of with the change of plans imo. I think we'd have had maybe one or two max leaving if Cortese was still here but certainly not the borderline mutiny that the club seems to have on its hands. It's not just that players are interested in leaving, they appear to have a genuine ill will towards the people running the club now.

So playing in the CL and being offered more than double the salary, plus a massive wedge for signing on, has nothing to do with it ?

LOLOLOL

Good players want to play with other players they believe to be their equals. Unfortunately, we had a team that was largely assembled on the cheap, in which four or five players suddenly found themselves valued at £20m+. I think in order to keep them happy we'd have to have been looking to acquire new players in that kind of price range, which certainly isn't feasible now, and probably wasn't likely to have been feasible if ML hadn't died.

Since all players are advised by their agents and lawyers, your argument hardly holds water.

Do you really think that grasping an opportunity to get a massive pay rise, play in the CL and gain a higher profile have nothing to do with the exodus.

I would agree that moving to Spuds these days is hardly a massive advancement, (it was when Chivers left for a then record £100,000) but if one logically looks at the situation from a players point of view then a move to Man Ure, Liverpool, or The A#se is an upwards move.

Take emotion out and it is probably not worth forcing a player to stay.

Koeman should be able to form a top half team with the £100 million or so that will come in. Most of the teams we used compare ourselves with are paying under £10 mill a player.

So playing in the CL and being offered more than double the salary, plus a massive wedge for signing on, has nothing to do with it ?

LOLOLOL

Don't be silly. These players don't want to be playing at some of the worlds biggest clubs, earning £100+k per week and competing in the UCL they want to be at Saints and would be if we hadn't had a change of direction. Nope, they'd have stayed on £30k odd and played in front of 30k and turned their back on UCL football if only we hadn't change direction.

FACT.

What's the latest on Tadic then???

Crucial we sign this player imo. One good signing could persuade other good targets that we are a good prospect and neutralise the feeling of uncertainty created by the high profile leavers.

If we fail then I am concerned we will go into August weakened and with a bad start to the season find it even harder to attract quality.

Crucial we sign this player imo. One good signing could persuade other good targets that we are a good prospect and neutralise the feeling of uncertainty created by the high profile leavers.

If we fail then I am concerned we will go into August weakened and with a bad start to the season find it even harder to attract quality.

Don't usually agree with your posts, esp re Hoddle, but I do agree with you on this one. Start the quality signings and others will be encouraged to sign up when they see we mean business.

No, think you are being overly dramatic and looking for problems.

Every transfer out, and even rumoured transfer out is to a champions league side. Players offered that generally leave

They're are leaving because they are Champions League quality players and want to play at the highest level. United aren't in the Champions League but normally are and are the biggest club in England. Stop your whining, players wanting to leave happens to every club in the world bar 5 or 6. Especially those without Champions League.

They're are leaving because they are Champions League quality players and want to play at the highest level. United aren't in the Champions League but normally are and are the biggest club in England. Stop your whining, players wanting to leave happens to every club in the world bar 5 or 6. Especially those without Champions League.
quite the modest new poster I do hope your first name is not Low. Welcome to the bored

Don't be silly. These players don't want to be playing at some of the worlds biggest clubs, earning £100+k per week and competing in the UCL they want to be at Saints and would be if we hadn't had a change of direction. Nope, they'd have stayed on £30k odd and played in front of 30k and turned their back on UCL football if only we hadn't change direction.

FACT.

I am sorry but every team in the league has players who could star in the CL and I cant see any other team imploding like ours are.

Yes players are selfish and ambitious but it was always so. This is not the only cause it is obvious there are a large number of players not happy to be at Saints for reasons not solely remuneration related. Both Lambert and Lalanna said they would be happy to finish their careers at Saints then changed their minds was it only money/ambition related?

Other teams lose one or even two players with the remaining ones seeing it as a chance to step up this is not happening here. The board for whatever reason has chosen not to resolve the issues the players are not happy with moreover they continue to say they do not have to sell and that any sales will be used as a basis to improve the squad and progress further. This may will be the case but as of today nothing they have done has been in line with what they say.

We are in the process of losing the heart of our team with only 6 weeks till kick off. We are on the face of it trying to buy players when the sellers and players know we have money and more over any prospective new purchases will be asking themselves why everyone else is leaving! We have players who don't want to be here!

This is a far from ideal situation to be in and I am sorry the board have been complacent in allowing things to progress to this level. The reason is why? They have known for some time that Mopo was going and various players were unsettled yet seem to have done almost nothing to address it.

I do not believe this is a transition and a moving forward phase I see it as both a cashing in on the clubs assets and a dumbing down on our ambitions which now seem to be (correctly in my view, for a small club of our size like a Stoke Leicester etc) a lower mid table surviving premiere club.

I just wish the board was more open/truthful on this and that they really have got some plans to get in enough players and bed them into a team to achieve this ambition. We are six weeks away from a seasons start with a team made up of youth and a number of players not wanting to be here, This is not a good formula to attract others and we are short on time.

Depending largely on the academy has been tried before as a cheap solution and led to our downfall we need to learn from history. bedding in a team in 6 weeks is far from easy! did we have to be here now?

In any event whatever happens I will be behind anyone turning out in a Saints shirt as I have been for over 45 years.

Now I know "players leave all the time , champions league football, top 4" etc etc but I'm pretty sure never has a team sold it's 5 best players in 1 window ! Add to that we are still yet to make a signing, now I'm not saying the board have put us in a terminal position but if they don't learn from these schoolboy errors by January it may become terminal! Make no mistake about it lady's and gent's these few months are going to be a struggle to watch while the new players bed in !

Sorry guys, I know I'm new but is there any chance this "our club is rubbish - waaah" stud could be posted in one of the many "our club is rubbish" / "our board has no clue" threads, and this one could be kept on topic with info about Tadic if there is any?

Thanks a lot, it stops me needing to wade into the more of twitter :)

has a team sold it's 5 best players

Sorry, 5? Have I missed something?

Btw, if you had the misfortune to read just one of Pastor Patron's posts that fact he thinks Courtois would have anything to do with Saints should alert you to the fact he knows **** all about football or is, more likely, a WUM

I am sorry but every team in the league has players who could star in the CL and I cant see any other team imploding like ours are.

Yes players are selfish and ambitious but it was always so. This is not the only cause it is obvious there are a large number of players not happy to be at Saints for reasons not solely remuneration related. Both Lambert and Lalanna said they would be happy to finish their careers at Saints then changed their minds was it only money/ambition related?

Other teams lose one or even two players with the remaining ones seeing it as a chance to step up this is not happening here. The board for whatever reason has chosen not to resolve the issues the players are not happy with moreover they continue to say they do not have to sell and that any sales will be used as a basis to improve the squad and progress further. This may will be the case but as of today nothing they have done has been in line with what they say.

We are in the process of losing the heart of our team with only 6 weeks till kick off. We are on the face of it trying to buy players when the sellers and players know we have money and more over any prospective new purchases will be asking themselves why everyone else is leaving! We have players who don't want to be here!

This is a far from ideal situation to be in and I am sorry the board have been complacent in allowing things to progress to this level. The reason is why? They have known for some time that Mopo was going and various players were unsettled yet seem to have done almost nothing to address it.

I do not believe this is a transition and a moving forward phase I see it as both a cashing in on the clubs assets and a dumbing down on our ambitions which now seem to be (correctly in my view, for a small club of our size like a Stoke Leicester etc) a lower mid table surviving premiere club.

I just wish the board was more open/truthful on this and that they really have got some plans to get in enough players and bed them into a team to achieve this ambition. We are six weeks away from a seasons start with a team made up of youth and a number of players not wanting to be here, This is not a good formula to attract others and we are short on time.

Depending largely on the academy has been tried before as a cheap solution and led to our downfall we need to learn from history. bedding in a team in 6 weeks is far from easy! did we have to be here now?

In any event whatever happens I will be behind anyone turning out in a Saints shirt as I have been for over 45 years.

Can you please name 5 players, at every premier league team who finished below us that Liverpool, ManU and Arsenal would want to sign this window if they had the chance?

I suggest you won't be able to which makes your argument redundant.

Its a strange, unusual timing thing - we have players who can move higher, coincidentally at the same time.

Club have assured us ambition remains the same, to move upwards. It gets slower and harder the higher you get but think its time to stop the bed wetting, watch the team being put together and see where we are.

We were told on here we would get cheap unambitious manager.

We have not only attracted Koeman, but his brother, Sammy Lee and Dave Watson - sure this isn't with relegation battle in mind.

Btw, if you had the misfortune to read just one of Pastor Patron's posts that fact he thinks Courtois would have anything to do with Saints should alert you to the fact he knows **** all about football or is, more likely, a WUM

Hey man that's a really impolite thing to say.

This post is a bit of a mess.

Firstly, as you've already been asked, who are all these players at, say, Stoke, Hull & West Brom that are wanted by the CL level clubs enough for them to make £20m plus bids for them?

Secondly you agree with the "dumbed down" ambition so what's the problem?

Thirdly you've decided we've definitely sold five players, but also seem to be saying we will have players in the team who don't want to be here next season. Who are they then?

Lastly who says we're going to be relying on the academy for the team next season? It's early July and it looks like we're in the market for two additions with more to follow I'm sure.

Oh, and the answer to your Lambert/Lallana question is, simply, "yes".

Edited by CB Fry

You expect Lovren and Schneiderlin to stay ?

Don't use my post's to have a dig at Pastor , he's got plenty of his own you can use!

I'd love you to tell me which clubs have 4/5/6 players coveted by the UCL (+ utd) teams? Which of these players which you are going to name are these clubs fighting over and making world record bids for?

The rest of your post is simply based in your opinion and bullsh*t, which seem to be interchangeable.

Can you please name 5 players, at every premier league team who finished below us that Liverpool, ManU and Arsenal would want to sign this window if they had the chance?

I suggest you won't be able to which makes your argument redundant.

Its a strange, unusual timing thing - we have players who can move higher, coincidentally at the same time.

Club have assured us ambition remains the same, to move upwards. It gets slower and harder the higher you get but think its time to stop the bed wetting, watch the team being put together and see where we are.

We were told on here we would get cheap unambitious manager.

We have not only attracted Koeman, but his brother, Sammy Lee and Dave Watson - sure this isn't with relegation battle in mind.

At this rate we will need to play both Koemans, Sammy Lee and Dave Watson in the team come August!

By the Way Everton and Spurs finished above us and Newcastle and Stoke just below how many players have they each lost without making any signings at all surely their players are not that much worse than ours given where they finished after 38 games.

How ever you choose to dress it up the fact we have got to where we are in the state we are is poor management by the board made worse by their constant repetition of the mantra that this is both part of a continuous improvement plan and we do not have to sell anyone two statements not backed up by any evidence at all so far.

At this rate we will need to play both Koemans, Sammy Lee and Dave Watson in the team come August!

By the Way Everton and Spurs finished above us and Newcastle and Stoke just below how many players have they each lost without making any signings at all surely their players are not that much worse than ours given where they finished after 38 games.

How ever you choose to dress it up the fact we have got to where we are in the state we are is poor management by the board made worse by their constant repetition of the mantra that this is both part of a continuous improvement plan and we do not have to sell anyone two statements not backed up by any evidence at all so far.

So it is down to bad Management so what have the club done which is bad and what should they have done better

PS Newcastle are about to lose their French CB to Arsenal

What would you suggest the board do that they haven't done? Which players are you impressed that Spurs, Everton, Newcastle and Stoke have held onto? Which of their players do you think could improve a top 4 team?

LOLOLOL

You can pretend all you like the amount of players that are openly attempting to force their way out of the club speaks volumes IMO.

And all were happy with the journey last year amd even said at the end of the season about wanting the club to buy better and progress, we are now a manager and 2 players down, maybe 4 in a week or so.

So yes, lol all you want, the exodus is unprecidented at this level

So it is down to bad Management so what have the club done which is bad and what should they have done better

Hey bro, not to keep hijacking the thread as you were asking someone else....but if it was as people are implying and players simply wanting moves to bigger clubs I would have sold two who deserved it the most for their services to the club and told the others that they will be sold in the upcoming windows if they continue performing well but ask for their courtesy and patience in the meanwhile as they would appreciate that you can't replace an entire first 11 in one window and it's unreasonable for them to expect that

Welcome to the forum Saint IQ.

OK lets see

1) Don't make unrealistic and untrue statements of policy

We don't have to sell anyone (they did sell)

This is all part of us kicking on to new levels (is it?)

2) Be truthful that we need to make savings on wages and cash in on some assets and that we need to punch our weight as a mid to lower table small provincial club.

3) Planned (2) above well in advance as to how they would deal with this transition once they were clear they could not meet Mopos or the players ambitions /financial demands some months ago

4) Decide clearly on an exit policy and make sure they managed the exits over say six months to a year leaving some till at least January and overlapping them with good new players so that potential new players are not left asking why they should join a club everyone else is leaving and sellers do not hold us to ransom and to ensure team disruption is minimised and managed well.

5) Ensuring we had identified and secured replacements early to provide a basis of a team to build around just six weeks before a season begins

6) Gave Cork and Fonte new contracts and appoint a popular new captain to try and re motivate the remaining players

7) Ensure good replacements for the youth teams coaches before sacking them and realising the effect changing academy coaches on our academy players was likely to have at this already uncertain juncture in the club. Surely Koeman could have changed these once he had got his feet under the table

8) Trying not to drop the new manager into it by asking him to sign a whole new team and get them committed and working together for the cause so soon before kick off

9) Ensuring they fully understood the effect of their changes on destabilising the team spirit and the relationship between the players and management and tried their best to mitigate these risks before they all got out of control

10) Made good honest statements to fans about intentions and backed them up with actions. i.e introduced the changes they wanted in a managed manner that allowed change and minimised disruption. (Called change management in business parlance)

Just 50% of the above would have been a good start.