Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Being a Serbian national will he not require a work permit? Pretty sure that when we signed both T. Lee and Gaston both the fee and personal terms were agreed quickly but the delay in announcing the deal was because we were waiting for confirmation that he'd been granted a work permit. If that is the case any deal may not be confirmed till end of next week at the earliest. Is he a current Serbian international?

Hello all,

I've been trying to get a clear update on this, as the plan was to have tadic sign first for around €10 million, but for some reason unknown to me as yet it's slowed right down. Now it looks like Pelle will come first. I will post what i can as soon as i find out why!

Oh, and K.Billy has mentioned the name of the GK, will verify with my source and KB as whether I can post or not.

Personally I think Twente are happy with the fee and want to sell asap but Tadic wants to wait and see who else comes in.

Edited by buctootim

Personally I think Twente are happy with the fee and want to sell asap but Tadic is wanting wait to see who else comes in.

To be fair it would probably be his last move so he has every right to see if there are other suiters worth considering, I just hope the club are giving him the red carpet treatment so he knows he'll be wanted here.

To be fair it would probably be his last move so he has every right to see if there are other suiters worth considering, I just hope the club are giving him the red carpet treatment so he knows he'll be wanted here.

Tadic is only 25, you're probably thinking of Pelle who is 29.

There's a press conference tomorrow? Any idea on time of day? Cheers

Just wishful thinking on my part. I think Crooky has said there will be one end of this week or early next. Exact date may well be dependent on how quickly we get the signings done as I'm sure the club would like to present Koeman to the media with Pelle and Tadic in situ.

Speaking of....

Jim Lucas just said on Twitter that the first press conference "should be next week."

Hello all,

I've been trying to get a clear update on this, as the plan was to have tadic sign first for around €10 million, but for some reason unknown to me as yet it's slowed right down. Now it looks like Pelle will come first. I will post what i can as soon as i find out why!

Oh, and K.Billy has mentioned the name of the GK, will verify with my source and KB as whether I can post or not.

Ruddy hell ???

Dutch media are saying Tadic has a choice between us, Sevilla and Shalke...

I'd have as down as third choice in that race.

Sevilla sporting director admits they can't compete with English sides in the transfer market for players like Tadic...

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/114597/monchi-we-cant-compete-with-premier-league-clubs-were-not-in-that-sort-of-orbit/

Shalke - CL

Sevilla - Europa

us - nothing.

Correction

Shalke - CL

Sevilla - Europa

us - Premier League football

Don't underestimate the pull of that.

Plus if Shalke and Sevilla don't make a big enough bid for Tadic or offer the terms Saints do then Saints are in a strong position. Mentioning two other clubs in the press could simply be a negotiating technique by his agent to get the best possible wage offer from Saints.

Plus as I said...

Sevilla sporting director admits they can't compete with English sides in the transfer market for players...

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/114597/monchi-we-cant-compete-with-premier-league-clubs-were-not-in-that-sort-of-orbit/

Mentioning two other clubs in the press could simply be a negotiating technique by his agent to get the best possible wage offer from Saints.

Correct, it does sound v.made up by agent.

Saints: So what other clubs is interest?

Agent: Apart from Southampton you mean? Erm Schalke. Sevilla. Erm... Sheffield Wednesday. Stockport. Clubs like that. Swansea.

Correct, it does sound v.made up by agent.

Saints: So what other clubs is interest?

Agent: Apart from Southampton you mean? Erm Schalke. Sevilla. Erm... Sheffield Wednesday. Stockport. Clubs like that. Swansea.

Spurs?

Correction

Don't underestimate the pull of that.

Plus if Shalke and Sevilla don't make a big enough bid for Tadic or offer the terms Saints do then Saints are in a strong position. Mentioning two other clubs in the press could simply be a negotiating technique by his agent to get the best possible wage offer from Saints.

Plus as I said...

Agreed, Tadic shouldn't overlook both playing in the Premier League, or indeed playing for us. At the worst, he can use us as a stepping stone. If he excels like Lovren or Pochettino did, he could soon be on his way to a top club after a year or two - or even Spurs.

Agreed, Tadic shouldn't overlook both playing in the Premier League, or indeed playing for us. At the worst, he can use us as a stepping stone. If he excels like Lovren or Pochettino did, he could soon be on his way to a top club after a year or two - or even Spurs.

What makes you think Spurs ?

Hi all,

I am a FC Twente fan. I hope that Tadic will be coming your way. I have been on and off following Southampton since last year due to a few of my English friends! It would be a great transfer imo; I think Tadic has a lot to offer and would provide great supply to Pelle (whom imo is the best player in the Dutch league followed by Tadic). I was suprised by how cheap Pelle is on the market; he is better (for me) than Bony. Provides great linkage play, extremely strong in the air and has a powerful shot.

It seems that Tadic himself has a preference for Schalke 04 though, but as of yet there has not been any contact with them (as far as I know). Furthermore I doubt they are willing to offer the same value as Southampton. I hoep this deal comes around as it would be good for my club, as we are slightly financial troubled, and he will be great for Southampton.

Hi all,

I am a FC Twente fan. I hope that Tadic will be coming your way. I have been on and off following Southampton since last year due to a few of my English friends! It would be a great transfer imo; I think Tadic has a lot to offer and would provide great supply to Pelle (whom imo is the best player in the Dutch league followed by Tadic). I was suprised by how cheap Pelle is on the market; he is better (for me) than Bony. Provides great linkage play, extremely strong in the air and has a powerful shot.

It seems that Tadic himself has a preference for Schalke 04 though, but as of yet there has not been any contact with them (as far as I know). Furthermore I doubt they are willing to offer the same value as Southampton. I hoep this deal comes around as it would be good for my club, as we are slightly financial troubled, and he will be great for Southampton.

Thanks for the input. We had a feyenoord fan pop up recently too and you've both made a nice contribution.

I think most of us would be delighted to see Tadic join us (sooner rather than later!) and hope we have enough to attract his kind of player.

Anyway thank you again for sharing your insight, best of luck with the season and the finances (we've had our share of issues!)

Hi all,

Thanks for the info. I suppose Pelle's age is against him in terms of value vs Bony.

Hi all,

As well as the transfer fee itself, there is the issue of which club will pay more in wages. We don't want anyone to poach him.

Hi all,

Interesting. Especially the part about Pelle being the best in the league. Hopefully we manage to get them both.

Thanks for the contribution.

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum! How would you describe the style of football in the Eredivisie and how, if you watch English football much, do you think Pelle and Tadic might adapt to the pace and physicality of the Premier League?

Quick question. Have we ever announced a new signing on a Saturday or Sunday? Got a feeling Rodriguez was on a Saturday but might be wrong.

I think Rodriguez was a Sunday but I might be wrong.

It'd be a nice surprise to have a signing this weekend though.

Echo saying this morning that both Tadic and Pelle deals are edging close and club want to wrap them up early next week.

Let's hope so. We need to get players in pronto to give Koeman best chance of gelling team together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, I miss the gelling word, it comes round to visit us but once a year.

Echo saying this morning that both Tadic and Pelle deals are edging close and club want to wrap them up early next week.

Let's hope so. We need to get players in pronto to give Koeman best chance of gelling team together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so he doesn't get a battering in his first press conference next Friday. Would be nice if the discussion was focused on new signings and not just those leaving.