Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Just spoken with our Dutch visitor.

Voice lit up when talking about Tadíc - "One of the best players I have seen in our league recently. Very talented, is technically gifted in ways that lots of other players aren't." He was keen to explain how good he is going forward and reeled off his goal scoring and assist stats that we have all seen - said he would fit in well.

On Pellé (he pronounced it Pell-ah, though that could just be the way he speaks) - "He is a phenomena, we found him on the beach and Koeman gave him a chance. Before this no one really wanted him. He plays well for Koeman, but hasn't always done the same for other coaches." Said he thinks that if he was to get chances, he would score anywhere but said to expect maybe 2 red cards a year. Very enthusiastic about the way he held the ball up and ability to bring other players into the game.

On Koeman, he was also very enthusiastic, although didn't say anything we don't already know. Was explaining that young players thrive under him, and that quite a few have progressed into the national team. Said that he is good at bringing the best out of players and getting players to play for the team and for him.

Was very positive in general - mostly about Tadíc and Koeman, but seemed to think that Pellé is a gamble, despite scoring 50 goals in 2 years.

Cheers for posting. Always good to read these genuine insights. Thanks

There's a press conference tomorrow? Any idea on time of day? Cheers

Just wishful thinking on my part. I think Crooky has said there will be one end of this week or early next. Exact date may well be dependent on how quickly we get the signings done as I'm sure the club would like to present Koeman to the media with Pelle and Tadic in situ.

Speaking of....

http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/12971/bal-ligt-bij-tadic-southampton-is-een-mooie-club-.html

It is up to Tadic:'' Southampton is a fine club''

The transfer of Dusan Tadic seems only a matter of time. According to various domestic and foreign media Southampton FC Twente and reached an agreement on a transfer fee of around twelve million. The ball is now in Tadic, Seville is now also dropped in the battle for the creative left leg. The Serb would however have ears to Southampton, which sees in him the successor to the recently departed Adam Lallana. "A nice club with a good coach," Tadic responds in conversation with TC Tubantia. A delegation of Southampton in the Netherlands this week would be to beat. Two birds with one stone People will want to complete the transfer of Graziano Pelle. Saints Feyenoord ask ten million euros for the Italian Pa**** who would like to work. Himself desperately back under Ronald Koeman Tadic also sees a collaboration with the Dutch oefenmeester apparently down, so the transition is supposedly done deal shortly.[/Quote]

Might explain why Tadic was at training for Twente yesterday, if we have sent a delegation over to complete both transfers. I think the article is also stating that Sevilla have dropped out of the battle to sign him (a few tweets saying similar things this morning) so that is good news for us.

Edited by Toon Saint

http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/12971/bal-ligt-bij-tadic-southampton-is-een-mooie-club-.html

The transfer of Dusan Tadic seems only a matter of time. According to various domestic and foreign media Southampton FC Twente and reached an agreement on a transfer fee of around twelve million. The ball is now in Tadic, Seville is now also dropped in the battle for the creative left leg. The Serb would however have ears to Southampton, which sees in him the successor to the recently departed Adam Lallana. "A nice club with a good coach," Tadic responds in conversation with TC Tubantia. A delegation of Southampton in the Netherlands this week would be to beat. Two birds with one stone People will want to complete the transfer of Graziano Pelle. Saints Feyenoord ask ten million euros for the Italian Pa**** who would like to work. Himself desperately back under Ronald Koeman Tadic also sees a collaboration with the Dutch oefenmeester apparently down, so the transition is supposedly done deal shortly.

Might explain why Tadic was at training for Twente yesterday, if we have sent a delegation over to complete both transfers. I think the article is also stating that Sevilla have dropped out of the battle to sign him (a few tweets saying similar things this morning) so that is good news for us.

Yeah but what about the rest of him, do we really want him if his right leg isn't that creative?

Voice lit up when talking about Tadíc - "One of the best players I have seen in our league recently. Very talented, is technically gifted in ways that lots of other players aren't." He was keen to explain how good he is going forward and reeled off his goal scoring and assist stats that we have all seen - said he would fit in well.

I'll take that. 6 games a year where Gallagher can be used then.

On Pellé (he pronounced it Pell-ah, though that could just be the way he speaks) - "He is a phenomena, we found him on the beach and Koeman gave him a chance. Before this no one really wanted him. He plays well for Koeman, but hasn't always done the same for other coaches." Said he thinks that if he was to get chances, he would score anywhere but said to expect maybe 2 red cards a year. Very enthusiastic about the way he held the ball up and ability to bring other players into the game.

On Koeman, he was also very enthusiastic, although didn't say anything we don't already know. Was explaining that young players thrive under him, and that quite a few have progressed into the national team. Said that he is good at bringing the best out of players and getting players to play for the team and for him.

Was very positive in general - mostly about Tadíc and Koeman, but seemed to think that Pellé is a gamble, despite scoring 50 goals in 2 years.

I'll take that. Gives Gallagher a few games.

The transfer of Dusan Tadic seems only a matter of time. According to various domestic and foreign media Southampton FC Twente and reached an agreement on a transfer fee of around twelve million. The ball is now in Tadic, Seville is now also dropped in the battle for the creative left leg. The Serb would however have ears to Southampton, which sees in him the successor to the recently departed Adam Lallana. "A nice club with a good coach," Tadic responds in conversation with TC Tubantia. A delegation of Southampton in the Netherlands this week would be to beat. Two birds with one stone People will want to complete the transfer of Graziano Pelle. Saints Feyenoord ask ten million euros for the Italian Pa**** who would like to work. Himself desperately back under Ronald Koeman Tadic also sees a collaboration with the Dutch oefenmeester apparently down, so the transition is supposedly done deal shortly.

Yeah but what about the rest of him, do we really want him if his right leg isn't that creative?

Bob, did you not read the example of avian violence that apparently is common place in the Netherlands? It may explain the leg and to be honest, I'm worried for the safety of the Saints contingent currently there.

Also, apparently Rockin Ronnie is of Dutch nobility. A title like oefenmeester has to be like a baron or something. We'd be wise to withhold criticism of such a powerful oefenmeester as Sir Rockin Ronnie.

What could possibly go wrong?

just what we need to hear at the moment. i know its all talk but at least its positive talk, for a change.

I guarantee that if this deal does not go ahead there will be a wave of further neggativity sweeping the forum from Alpine and his glass half empty soldiers. Like MLG omeletting things develop between now and the end of the transfer window and hope that we end up with a cracking squad rather than a load of lame ducks.

Hello all,

I've been trying to get a clear update on this, as the plan was to have tadic sign first for around €10 million, but for some reason unknown to me as yet it's slowed right down. Now it looks like Pelle will come first. I will post what i can as soon as i find out why!

Oh, and K.Billy has mentioned the name of the GK, will verify with my source and KB as whether I can post or not.