Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Obviously nothing overly imminent. These deals sometimes take a bit of time getting over the line, and the board lack a little bit of experience in this domain assuming NC was always heavily involved.

how do the board lack experience exactly?

Ralph? Kat? Gareth? Need I go on?

But I really doubt that they have any significant input on transfers or scouting. Video analysts watch videos, scouts scout and Reed negociates. We also have a recruitment manager I think, Mitchell ? A transfer needs no input from any of the non football people on the "board". We've made our initial offer, 11 million € if you believe Twente's twitter, what happens remains to be seen but I sort of get the impression that the player is waiting on a bit to see if something better comes along, Schalke or Seville perhaps.

Edited by Window Cleaner

d65b7720acd8c36c4d06f908b57488d1_normal.jpegFC Twente Latest @FCTwenteLatest

Dusan #Tadic looking happy to be back at the #FCTwente training ground. He's heavily linked to Southampton.

Bri7c4XCAAASgB8.jpg

d65b7720acd8c36c4d06f908b57488d1_normal.jpegFC Twente Latest @FCTwenteLatest

Quincy #Promes is back in training too. Here posing with a young fan along with Dusan #Tadic #FCTwente

Bri-tqwCAAAGCfr.jpg:large

There are remarkable similarities between their training ground and ours. Don't think he'll join us because of our excellent training facilities.

how do the board lack experience exactly?

Not meant in a derogatory way, just that on the business side they haven't actually signed anyone without Cortese being there and Im sure he was heavily involved in all our signings because thats the type of character he was.

Any deal of that size seems to take a fair bit of time so will be nice once the new regime have one under their belts.

Not meant in a derogatory way, just that on the business side they haven't actually signed anyone without Cortese being there and Im sure he was heavily involved in all our signings because thats the type of character he was.

Any deal of that size seems to take a fair bit of time so will be nice once the new regime have one under their belts.

We signed a fair few players just after Cortese arrived, granted smaller deals but at the time he had less football experience than me

Makes you wonder how all these football clubs around the world that haven't ever been run by Nicola Cortese manage to get anything done.

Happy to go out on a limb and say he is using us and won't come here.

Might I be the first to say fuk him then. He should be jumping for joy that a top half premiership club wants to sign some no mark Serb from the eridivise, cheeky sh#t. If that's not the case......welcome aboard champ

Rather have Fellaini though

Might I be the first to say fuk him then. He should be jumping for joy that a top half premiership club wants to sign some no mark Serb from the eridivise, cheeky sh#t. If that's not the case......welcome aboard champ

Rather have Fellaini though

Fellaini isn't the same kind of player, this bloke's a winger, right fast apparently.

wouldn't have thought they needed him, they have other roles to fill, if MP can get Lamela firing on at least a couple of cylinders they certainly don't need Tadic.

Not picking on you personally, I've seen the MP and Lamela thing a bit.

I don't get it, or see it. He had Gaston here and totally ignored him. Obviously I'm not saying Lamela is a poor player, obviously he isn't. But will he fit into what MP wants? I'd have thought he might bring back Holtby. Who seems to me a Steven Davis type player, who he make feel he can use.

I don't get it, or see it. He had Gaston here and totally ignored him. Obviously I'm not saying Lamela is a poor player, obviously he isn't. But will he fit into what MP wants? I'd have thought he might bring back Holtby. Who seems to me a Steven Davis type player, who he make feel he can use.

The Lamela thing is a complete stereotype.

Sure Koeman will get the best from Jos though.

Lamela is an Argentine with obvious adaptation problems, playing systems perhaps. Gaston is a Uruguyan who MP thought to be a lazy ferker apparently.

As for Holtby I have absolutely no idea, thought he wasn't all that great myself, be better off back in Germany.

Lamela is an Argentine with obvious adaptation problems, playing systems perhaps. Gaston is a Uruguyan who MP thought to be a lazy ferker apparently.

As for Holtby I have absolutely no idea, thought he wasn't all that great myself, be better off back in Germany.

I'm not saying Holtby is great either. But then again, many didn't think a whole lot either way on Davis.

The point being Holtby may be more of a MP type player than Lamela. May be well off the mark, I've not seen much of Lamela, so not entirely sure what sort of player he is.

FFS, this Gaston is lazy thing is also total nonsense.

Don't shoot the messenger but I'm told he's having a medical on friday.

It would be odd if everything was agreed, yet he is still training at Twente, and a medical is arranged a couple of days down the line. To me, that gives anyone else interested an opportunity to steal him from under our noses.

Personally, as soon as everything is agreed, I would want the player on the next plane in.

This could be Colin Todd all over again. ;)

Edited by Wade Garrett
Todd not Bell. Arse from elbow!

I hope to god we start getting some of these intended signings over the line. They really seem to be dragging and we desperately need some good news. I know these things take time but you start worrying that deals are falling through when itk posters are saying we will hear of a new signing Monday or tuesday and now its thursday and still no signings

It would be odd if everything was agreed, yet he is still training at Twente, and a medical is arranged a couple of days down the line. To me, that gives anyone else interested an opportunity to steal him from under our noses.

Personally, as soon as everything is agreed, I would want the player on the next plane in.

This could be Colin Bell all over again. ;)

were we going to buy Colin bell all those years ago ? if so I didnt know that

As I understand it, we are the only club to have a bid accepted so there is not much for him to decide between at the moment. Hoping this is just agent talk while negotiating personal terms - Guan did talk of a discrepancy between what is put out in public and what is being done in private. Hopefully we see some movement today. Both Tadic and Pelle to be unveiled at Koeman's press conference on Friday please!

Just spoken with our Dutch visitor.

Voice lit up when talking about Tadíc - "One of the best players I have seen in our league recently. Very talented, is technically gifted in ways that lots of other players aren't." He was keen to explain how good he is going forward and reeled off his goal scoring and assist stats that we have all seen - said he would fit in well.

On Pellé (he pronounced it Pell-ah, though that could just be the way he speaks) - "He is a phenomena, we found him on the beach and Koeman gave him a chance. Before this no one really wanted him. He plays well for Koeman, but hasn't always done the same for other coaches." Said he thinks that if he was to get chances, he would score anywhere but said to expect maybe 2 red cards a year. Very enthusiastic about the way he held the ball up and ability to bring other players into the game.

On Koeman, he was also very enthusiastic, although didn't say anything we don't already know. Was explaining that young players thrive under him, and that quite a few have progressed into the national team. Said that he is good at bringing the best out of players and getting players to play for the team and for him.

Was very positive in general - mostly about Tadíc and Koeman, but seemed to think that Pellé is a gamble, despite scoring 50 goals in 2 years.

Was very positive in general - mostly about Tadíc and Koeman, but seemed to think that Pellé is a gamble, despite scoring 50 goals in 2 years.

Cheers for the info.

I can believe that about Pelle, as Jozy Altidore had a crazy scoring record for AZ Alkmaar before moving to Sunderland and hitting 1 in 30.

were we going to buy Colin bell all those years ago ? if so I didnt know that

Were we ever in for him ?

Don't remember Colin Bell links (although do recall Colin Todd coming close to signing, are you confusing the two ?)

You are both correct, I have edited my original post.