Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

Saw that earlier today Robbie

Less than half price of Judas and better LOL

Let's hope so.

So assuming £50m Premier League money goes on wages and new training ground, (hope that's not entirely the case but someone else can do the debts and running costs maths!)....

In: £18m for Banana. (Taking away Bournemouths fee) + £4m for SRL + £20m for Lovren + £15m Osvaldo + £30m for Shaw.

Not anticipating any others to go this summer....

Total cash = £87m (-£11m)

= £76m to go to buy x2 Strikers, Centre Back, Left Back, GK.... Minimum. Plus cover for Fox and an impact sub from midfield akin to Puncheon.

Strikers: £20m

Centre Back: £15m

Left Back: £10m

GK: £10m

Cover/impact men £15m

= £70m

Doable! Although this swag is based on fees for risky players and the odd Osvaldo who fails to settle unlike my last estimate!

£80 odd million ambitious enough for the likes of Lovren and Spider-Man?! Hell yeah!

Edited by SaintRobbie

In: £18m for Banana. (Taking away Bournemouths fee) + £4m for SRL + £20m for Lovren + £15m Osvaldo + £30m for Shaw.

Doable!

Don't disagree with the point you're making, but we won't recoup £15m for Osvaldo.

£15m for Osvaldo? Not going to happen. Plus we need to manage the wage bill properly. I can't see us being keen to spend more money to increase the wage bill from what we had last season. Doesn't seem sustainable to me.

Don't forget a lot if fringy players on good money left last year as have Lambert and Lallana, two of our four highest earners, as will Osvaldo, our highest earner.

Don't forget a lot if fringy players on good money left last year as have Lambert and Lallana, two of our four highest earners, as will Osvaldo, our highest earner.

Agreed but we also have a lot of young players that have wage accelerators built into their deals which will eat into the wage space saved.

Let's hope so.

So assuming £50m Premier League money goes on wages and new training ground, (hope that's not entirely the case but someone else can do the debts and running costs maths!)....

= £76m to go to buy x2 Strikers, Centre Back, Left Back, GK.... Minimum. Plus cover for Fox and an impact sub from midfield akin to Puncheon.

Cover/impact men £15m

= £70m

Doable! Although this swag is based on fees for risky players and the odd Osvaldo who fails to settle unlike my last estimate!

£80 odd million ambitious enough for the likes of Lovren and Spider-Man?! Hell yeah!

:lol::lol::lol:

Be lucky to get £1.5m for that tossa the way he's going.

Let's hope so.

Cover/impact men £15m

= £70m

If Lovren goes we need 2x CB. I dont think we should rely on Fonte next season, and we need to ensure Jos and Yoshi get as little playing time as possible.

I confess I didn't know who Dusan Tadic was two weeks ago, but after watching the videos, reading the reports and listening to the interview, I'm proper excited about this signing. Seems like the real deal! :)

This is me 100%

If Lovren goes we need 2x CB. I dont think we should rely on Fonte next season, and we need to ensure Jos and Yoshi get as little playing time as possible.

Totally agree with you regarding those two.

Jos is an own goal waiting to happen, and Yoshida is a 'mistake a game player' in my view.

BsC4a4qCEAEJDHs.png

Obvious disclaimer about the dutch league perhaps not being as good as the other major leagues.

The obvious caviat to that disclaimer in Tadic's favour would be if the league was so much easier, wouldnt there be a few more creative Eredivisie players up there if the defending is woeful? As there are not one can only assume he is the mutts nutts. ;)

The obvious caviat to that disclaimer in Tadic's favour would be if the league was so much easier, wouldnt there be a few more creative Eredivisie players up there if the defending is woeful? As there are not one can only assume he is the mutts nutts. ;)

Agree. It's also a bit like the Rickie Lambert argument....he was good in L1, surprised people in nPC and surprised people again in PL.

With the departures of three key players and rumours of others on this here forum, THIS is by far the scariest thing I have read.

I really hope I have got the wrong end of the stick here! (He's not coming back is he?)

:-o

I meant replacement!

There is one, the PSV guy at 10, but the fact that Tadic created 50% more than him just adds to the evidence

Why? It's all relative. Might be the case that the standard of attacking play isn't that much better than the defending. You're assuming that there are world class attackers taking on weak defences.

Edited by shurlock

He was just on SSN. He spoke very well and dealt with all the questions very easily. When asked about players leaving he said that Saints are known as a club who make players better and they leave.

And that when they leave the club replaces them with more good players

He was just on SSN. He spoke very well and dealt with all the questions very easily. When asked about players leaving he said that Saints are known as a club who make players better and they leave.

Who was on SSN?

Nothing wrong with what he said, it is the reality.

If I were Tadic I would be happy to play in the PL, and would know that if I had a couple of really good seasons then its possible a big CL team might come in for me.

Downside, we might lose him at some point.

Upside, we get a highly skilled and motivated player who knows he will need to do his best to catch the eye, and continue the rep of improving players, meaning its easier to attract the top young talent who see us as a great stepping stone to a top club.